People want Bill Maher fired, again

Full story: Newsday 1,315
While most of the media attention focused on Pope Benedict XVI's trip to the United States was overwhelmingly positive, one television show host's choice words for the pope and the Catholic Church landed him in ... Full Story
First Prev
of 66
Next Last
Mary

United States

#1 Apr 21, 2008
If anyone said 1/2 of the hateful things that this man said against Jews, Blacks or Muslims they would have been fired after the first comment and not even afforded the opportunity to apologize. Why is it Roman Catholics are fair game for hateful attacks?

“2014 ! The Bar is Open !”

Since: Dec 07

Daytona Beach

#3 Apr 21, 2008
what else would you expect from a Liberal ?
Dave

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#4 Apr 21, 2008
Why call to fire him? He only told the truth.
Galileo

Alexandria, VA

#6 Apr 21, 2008
This country is going to crap. Bill Maher can say whatever the heck he wants, EVEN if he offends people. If anyone thinks Bill should be fired, then they are no better than Muslim fundamentalists who think that art should be censored if it might offend Islam. People have the right to free expression in this country. If YOU don't want to exercise it, fine. No one's forcing you to do so. But SHUT UP already when other people choose to exercise their rights. I'm tired of hearing people complain about offensive political commentary. There is no such thing.
Bob Collier

Albertson, NY

#7 Apr 21, 2008
Bill Maher is a disgusting individual. Why should Catholics vae to put up with insults like that? This is a man whose last girlfriend was a pole dancer.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#8 Apr 21, 2008
Mary wrote:
If anyone said 1/2 of the hateful things that this man said against Jews, Blacks or Muslims they would have been fired after the first comment and not even afforded the opportunity to apologize. Why is it Roman Catholics are fair game for hateful attacks?
It's called(1) FREE SPEECH AND (2)HUMOR USED TO TELL TRUTH TO POWER---two activities critical to freedom and rational thought this pathetic crime- ridden and hypocritical church would wipe out if it could.
Jeanne

Trenton, NJ

#9 Apr 21, 2008
Too bad your fame comes from being a jerk instead of talent.
bemused

United States

#10 Apr 21, 2008
Bill is not ever very funny, his humor always mean spirited and snide. This type of humor does not require any true thought or creativity, too bad he has no real comic talent. Making fun is for bullies and low brows. I don't watch him and will continue to do so. He is free to be a jerk but I will not support him.
TSnLA

Los Angeles, CA

#11 Apr 21, 2008
So I was living in a country with free speech, until this group took power, hired their friends, used family to steal elections, started wars with non-threat countries. And now the whole media is afraid to show pictures of flag draped coffins. Or say your mind on a late night cable talk show. GW said he was OK with Dictatorship as long as he's the dictator.
Bill Ottinger

Albertson, NY

#12 Apr 21, 2008
Guinness Drinker wrote:
I hate Bill Maher's remarks too. he should be canned immediately. But cut it with the liberal stuff, you only make yourself sound stupid. This has nothing to do with that crap, it is about common decency and liberals believe in that too, Gomer.
Shawn

Greenville, SC

#13 Apr 21, 2008
Why are the only two options in the poll "Yes he's wrong" or "No, it's an act"?! Why isn't there an option for "No, he's exactly right!!"????
ray the catholic

Germantown, MD

#14 Apr 21, 2008
He should be fired
LongILander

East Setauket, NY

#15 Apr 21, 2008
Bill is a creep with a failing career, pretty desperate actions on his part. Obviously he doesn't know more sexual child abuse happens in public schools outweighing the amount of this crime then in the Church. How about cleaning up the public schools. Talk about hiding crime. Lets just smirk when a female teacher has sex with a 15 year old boy. There is nothing funny about sexually abusing our young children by any group.
Shawn

Greenville, SC

#16 Apr 21, 2008
Guinness Drinker wrote:
If I can expect the truth from a liberal, count me in!!
You give Guiness drinkers a bad name!
charlie

Christmas, FL

#17 Apr 21, 2008
Galileo wrote:
This country is going to crap. Bill Maher can say whatever the heck he wants, EVEN if he offends people. If anyone thinks Bill should be fired, then they are no better than Muslim fundamentalists who think that art should be censored if it might offend Islam. People have the right to free expression in this country. If YOU don't want to exercise it, fine. No one's forcing you to do so. But SHUT UP already when other people choose to exercise their rights. I'm tired of hearing people complain about offensive political commentary. There is no such thing.
dear mr a hole if he said this about jesse jackson and fat al . the blacks would be in line to have him fired. stop your crap.
ray the catholic

Germantown, MD

#18 Apr 21, 2008
Galileo, then why did they fire imus?
jose

Maryland Heights, MO

#19 Apr 21, 2008
Dave wrote:
Why call to fire him? He only told the truth.
Exactly, but because someone's fragile mind was offended they want blood.

They weren't this pissed off over Priests molesting little boys.
Joe American

Blauvelt, NY

#20 Apr 21, 2008
Maher is a pompus idiot. Fire the fool !
ROFL

Milford, CT

#21 Apr 21, 2008
You all have the right to be offended by Bill Maher. You do not have the right to fire him, have him fired, or wish he was fired....that is CENSORSHIP, and it makes you look alot like the folks in the middle east who whip out the American flag, burn it, and call for ours and Israels death every time they are insulted by the west.
Curt in Homer Illinois

Champaign, IL

#22 Apr 21, 2008
Bill Maher is in what he said. So the truth is now hateful? Personally, I don't like Maher, or his viewpoints. But he absolutely correct in what he said about the pope. Effectively, the man is the head of a major business (the Catholic religion). As with any head of business, he is ultimately responsible for what happens. And to cover it up???? Let's see -- Nixon ended up resigning over a cover up. Clinton was impeached because of a cover up.

While I don't care for the man or his views, he should not be fired for telling the truth -- no matter how much anyone objects.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 66
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 57 min KayMarie 542,009
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Sep 12 pazuzu 68
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sep 12 Married in 8,293
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
Pope Francis pursues a thaw in relations with m... Sep 9 Andrez Lopez 2
Francis' letter to Cubans: Imitate Mary's joy, ... Sep 8 Crusader 1
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Sep 5 ELIAS IBARRA 49
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••