Catholic agencies work to help Philippines typhoon victims

Dec 7, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: DFW Catholic

Manila, Philippines, Dec 7, 2012 / 02:00 am .- Catholic relief agencies are working to help the victims of Typhoon Bopha, the strongest storm to hit the Philippines this year.

Comments
61 - 80 of 172 Comments Last updated Nov 2, 2013

Since: Jun 11

Bedford, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Whenever you open your mouth, baggages come out. What a shame. No need to talk hard to impress anybody, it shows how vicious you are.
Thanks "Lol" glad you appreciate the effort I spend on you.

Bedford, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

heres kennyyyyyyyyyyyyy wrote:
<quoted text>
try debating with a six year old your points may work on him/her -adults know better.
I know what you mean. It is difficult to find a Filipino with a mentality as high as a six year old LOL!!
amc

Quezon City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

<quoted text>
try debating with a six year old your points may work on him/her -adults know better.
what points are not accurate?

do you mean all adults or just expat adults? the ones with thinking power?

certainly not the flips you so dearly love?

heres a simple fcuking question kenny.

you are living on a river that has mountains on both sides. on one side is a logging operation. on the other side is a mining operation.

you are told that in 5 days a large typhoon will hit you.

QUESTION: what do you do?

remember its not new york. its the filipins.
heres kennyyyyyyyyyyyy y

Putatan, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

amc wrote:
<quoted text>
you need to study up a little bit kenny. youll see that the US has the worst most severe weather in the world with every type of catastrophe known.
is the US hit by 20 typhoons a year? no kenny. its hit by 100s of tornados though and sandy was the biggest typhoon (hurricane) ever recorded i think. 70bil damage alone in NY. the storm spanned from georgia to new england and as far inland as detroit. 1000 miles in diameter kenny.
your wrong. the filipins DOES HAVE MONEY. as per your growing economy posts there is ample cash to render assistance to these storm victims.
filipins sent a whopping generous $100,000 to FILIPINO VICTIMS ONLY in NY and it was mostly stolen by community leaders there. hahahahahahahahahaha
your arguments just dont hold water .
as im sure you are aware (but it does not suit your argument) most tornados happen in areas of low population.
And as you are also aware ( but also does not suit your arguement ) the average income and therefore tax payments to govt is way higher than in the philippines -America -not quite third world but getting there .lol.
heres kennyyyyyyyyyyyy y

Putatan, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

amc wrote:
<quoted text>
what points are not accurate?
do you mean all adults or just expat adults? the ones with thinking power?
certainly not the flips you so dearly love?
heres a simple fcuking question kenny.
you are living on a river that has mountains on both sides. on one side is a logging operation. on the other side is a mining operation.
you are told that in 5 days a large typhoon will hit you.
QUESTION: what do you do?
remember its not new york. its the filipins.
well i would move - but then i have money -i can move -i have somewhere else to go -did they ????
Im living in NEW YORK -im told there will be a massive storm coming -1 WEEK IN ADVANCE -i have money i can leave -i have somewhere to go - i can take my car -but fcuk it i have Insurance but i want a new car ummmmm what to do ????
There is of course a reason why the poor here live where they do -duh coz thats the only place they have .
heres kennyyyyyyyyyyyy y

Putatan, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

AMC - talking of dumbass's living in stupid places one place comes to mind -NEW ORLEANS - which is between a few feet below sea level to just 10 feet above -lol.Oh and how many people live on or near the Mississippi ?? soooooooo many floods there -why dont they just move somewhere else ???
amc

Quezon City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

<quoted text>
as im sure you are aware (but it does not suit your argument) most tornados happen in areas of low population.
And as you are also aware ( but also does not suit your arguement ) the average income and therefore tax payments to govt is way higher than in the philippines -America -not quite third world but getting there .lol.
wrong about the low pop. areas, but i wont argue the point. 1000s have been killed by tornadoes and hurricanes in the US.

over 20% of new yorkers are under the poverty lever of hmmm maybe $11,000 per year.

true, its apples and donuts comparison, but it doesnt negate any of those peoples problems brought on by the storm does it?

my response isnt an argument . you stated incorrectly that the filipins has more killer storms than the US has and i showed you were wrong. not an argument at all.

quite frankly you are lucky youve never been near a tornado ,as it can be a true killing nightmare. they are born on land and dont lose their strength as they move. they only get stronger.

only if you could see fully loaded tractor trailers sailing 200 feet in the air would you be able to realize what power is in a big tornado.

its not a competition though kenny. the US would be happy to not have the worst weather distinction.
amc

Quezon City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

AMC - talking of dumbass's living in stupid places one place comes to mind -NEW ORLEANS - which is between a few feet below sea level to just 10 feet above -lol.Oh and how many people live on or near the Mississippi ?? soooooooo many floods there -why dont they just move somewhere else ???
yep, your right. i agree. insanity. they get what they asked for on a regular basis and then some.

no tears for them here.

same goes for the fools living in dry arid hollywood hills who are burned out every 10 years or so.

one thing that baffles me is that in the tornado belt insurance cos. dont require storm shelters to be built into new homes when it has been shown that the cost would only be an extra 5k for a concrete hole in the ground with a steel door.
amc

Quezon City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

<quoted text>
well i would move - but then i have money -i can move -i have somewhere else to go -did they ????
Im living in NEW YORK -im told there will be a massive storm coming -1 WEEK IN ADVANCE -i have money i can leave -i have somewhere to go - i can take my car -but fcuk it i have Insurance but i want a new car ummmmm what to do ????
There is of course a reason why the poor here live where they do -duh coz thats the only place they have .
yep me too. what im seeing is that these people were working for the loggers and the miners and the farmers were there to feed them. wouldnt be there normally, because its so isolated.

all i asked really is why didnt they go climb a safe hill and hunker down?

insurance wont pay for most of those cars. they knew it was coming right?
Lol

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Best view wrote:
<quoted text>
Let them piss their little money away but when god pisses on them they have no cash reserve. It becomes everyones business when they want supplies and have no cash. Unlike you I don't boast about my charities.
You ridicule the poor for being poor; you insult God of getting pissed.

How can poor people make "reserve" if they could not even meet both ends. Talking of reserves..........lollllllllll lllllllllllllll, big government big spending and 16 trillion debt. SEEMS FAMILIAR, sure.
Lol

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Best view wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks "Lol" glad you appreciate the effort I spend on you.
No thank you. Your little boy needs your time and effort for parental guidance, the good one, not the senile one.
Lol

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

amc wrote:
<quoted text>
im sorry but that didnt make any sense at all.
Don't worry, I understand you're short of common sense.
Lol

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Best view wrote:
<quoted text>
No connection between your senses and your brain, you always miss the point. YOU are the main reason for anti-Filipino comments on Topix. My wife is no longer Filipino she is British. She loves her family and some aspects of the Philippines but doesn't want to live there. Nothing wrong with Filipino blood it's the poor education that result in people like you "Lol".
Only the senile or indecent people make anti Filipino comments. YOU are one of them. Your wife is British, but you can't change her Filipino blood. Her 100 percent Filipino blood is thicker than the "British" naturalization through paperwork.

If you claim to be "educated" use it. Looking down at people because you believe you're educated, proves otherwise. I have no "control" of your baggage mouth, so blame yourself, not me. lolllllllllllllllllllllllollll llllllllllll!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Best view wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what you mean. It is difficult to find a Filipino with a mentality as high as a six year old LOL!!
Even in San Francisco...lol...
Lol

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Even in San Francisco...lol...
Much more in Florida..lol!

Bedford, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Lol wrote:
<quoted text>
You ridicule the poor for being poor; you insult God of getting pissed.
How can poor people make "reserve" if they could not even meet both ends. Talking of reserves..........lollllllllll lllllllllllllll, big government big spending and 16 trillion debt. SEEMS FAMILIAR, sure.
I have already told you if they put 50 pesos in a pot everytime they fancied a beer they could build a small reserve. It's called priorities.
Lol

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Best view wrote:
<quoted text>
I have already told you if they put 50 pesos in a pot everytime they fancied a beer they could build a small reserve. It's called priorities.
Good idea, but let them enjoy the beer costing 50 pesos. Poor people are entitled to fancy themselves with a bottle of beer after a day of hard work in the farm and/or hard labor to earn a living. If they spend it for gambling, drugs or addiction that's another story. We can only wish for the best but not to the extent of viciously condemning them for being poor or uneducated.

Bedford, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Good idea, but let them enjoy the beer costing 50 pesos. Poor people are entitled to fancy themselves with a bottle of beer after a day of hard work in the farm and/or hard labor to earn a living. If they spend it for gambling, drugs or addiction that's another story. We can only wish for the best but not to the extent of viciously condemning them for being poor or uneducated.
The beer leads to more unwanted pregnancies, fighting and killing because the Filipinos fancy themselves even if sober. They have trouble thinking straight without their minds being under the influence of alcohol.
Garland

Quezon City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

amc wrote:
<quoted text>
wrong about the low pop. areas, but i wont argue the point. 1000s have been killed by tornadoes and hurricanes in the US.
over 20% of new yorkers are under the poverty lever of hmmm maybe $11,000 per year.
true, its apples and donuts comparison, but it doesnt negate any of those peoples problems brought on by the storm does it?
my response isnt an argument . you stated incorrectly that the filipins has more killer storms than the US has and i showed you were wrong. not an argument at all.
quite frankly you are lucky youve never been near a tornado ,as it can be a true killing nightmare. they are born on land and dont lose their strength as they move. they only get stronger.
only if you could see fully loaded tractor trailers sailing 200 feet in the air would you be able to realize what power is in a big tornado.
its not a competition though kenny. the US would be happy to not have the worst weather distinction.
Kenny is correct there are more killer storms in the Philippines than in the US. Storms cause greater damage and affect greater number of people than tornadoes do, because storms have wider area (hundreds of kilometers in diameter) and they last much much longer (days and weeks as compared to tornadoes that dissipate within seconds or minutes to a few hours). Damages brought about by any tornado will pale in comparison with that caused by storm Sandy. And what was its peak intensity? Category 2. All popular online weather websites rated storm Pablo(international name: Bopha) as CATEGORY 5 (winds of more then 251kph)! CNN weather, the night before Pablo made a landfall in Mindanao, reported that the super typhoon packed winds of 275kph with gustiness of 315kph! Makes me wonder how much damage would New York have suffered had storm Sandy was that strong..tsk, tsk....

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Only reason, it seems like Philippines has more killer storms, is because half their population lives too close to flood zones, and in huts built outta cardboard and tin.....a sad reality....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••