Pope stresses opposition to gay marriage citing family values

Full story: Fox News

The pope pressed his opposition to gay marriage Friday, denouncing what he described as people manipulating their God-given identities to suit their sexual choices -- and destroying the very "essence of the human creature" in the process.

Comments (Page 5)

Showing posts 81 - 100 of103
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Jane Dough

Bellows Falls, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
When you figure out what this post means, could you let us know?
Robert
Robert,

when you figure out what we are talking about, let me know...

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

fr Best view:

>If I was a bigot it would mean I am prejudiced and I am certainly not that. I didn't pre-judge gays it is a result of the build up of their incessant demands to be accepted as normal LOL!!<

You most certainly ARE prejudiced. Your rantings and ravings against GLBT people prove it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

fr bestie:

>You pond life don't want equal rights you want special rights...<

Wrong. All we want, AND DESERVE, is the RIGHT to marry the legal, consenting, unattached adult of our choice. We don't want any "special" rights.

Now. Have mommy put your TeleTubbies tape in for you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

fr "caleb", aka DAVID MOORE OF PEKIN IL:

>This thread is not about your anti-religious bigotry. It is about a Christian leader...<

The current pope has shown that he is NOT a "Christian leader", much less Christian.
Robsan5

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert,
when you figure out what we are talking about, let me know...
Well, you and I are talking about your lack of a comprehendible post.
Or didn't you comprehend that?

Robert

Since: Jun 11

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
The same reason encouraging college by offering student loans is unequal treatment that I don't lose a minute's sleep over...
how does hurting non students help students?
It doesn't. we are just picking the group we are encouraging and non students aren't in it...
same as marriage with gays..
you are simply not the people we are seeking....
Again, marriage is a fundamental right of the individual. Fundamental rights are protected for all persons. They are not a student loan, wind power, or oil company.

Denial of that fundamental right to same sex couples does nothing to encourage straight couples. It only harms same sex couples and their families while providing no benefit for straight families. A tradition of discrimination is not a sufficient excuse for more discrimination.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

Pattysboi wrote:
fr Best view:
>By all means have a legal civil service to give you protection and rights but don't call it marriage. Heterosexuals will turn away from marriage if its image is sullied by gay marriage.
Empathy that goes both ways, gay rights have no empathy for the majority. If someone says NO they stamp their feet and get all uptight as if we should consider them a special case.<
Sorry, bestie, but you're wrong. My WIFE and I (we're a happily-MARRIED lesbian FAMILY)ARE legally married. Get a clue, and grow UP.
Don't you know straight people stopped getting married and those who were, all got divorced when gay people started getting married more than a decade ago?

Oh, wait... that didn't happen. But we should all be very afraid. It could still happen tomorrow.
Robsan5

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

The Worlds Biggest Lie wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuality is degenerative. Get it? You are a degenerate. A dead limb on a perfectly normal cherry blossom. That's why they make saws Roberta.
Happy New Year.
Human history is a "cherry blossom"? Please define "normal" as it applies to humans.
Homosexuality has existed for at least as long as recorded history. So has left-handedness. And red hair. How is a natural condition "degenerative"?

Robert
Join Free

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

fr Best view:

>Now I get why you are so miserable. Your partner is the wife and you are the ugly dyke LOL!<

We are NOT "miserable", and my WIFE loves me dearly.

Oh, and I would suggest that you look in a mirror.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

<quoted text>
People don't choose to have red hair or be left handed.
People choose to smoke, drink, do drugs, overeat, kill, harm, have multiple sex partners, incest, polygamy, adultery, perversions with a dog, a horse, a donkey, pedophilia, all of which are as a result of acting out their tendencies, aka choices.
And what does any of that have to do with anyone being gay?

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Normal: Man and woman have intercourse and produce a child.
Abnormal: Man and man have anal intercourse.......
LOL.

I see you leave out man and woman having anal intercourse.

Why does anal intercourse ONLY interest you if it is between males?

Kind of odd, don't you think?

And what does ANY person, man or woman, engaging in anal intercourse have to do with "family values"? Are you suggesting that no human who engages in it is fully human? Can never marry? Can never form a family?

Just try that and see how it flies.
unattractive

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

Honestly Congress needs to pass an ammendment that guarantees the right to marry any person, whether it be man or woman, a person may choose, and to all you biblethumping sh!ts that disagree, go back to f*cking your mother-wife and leave everyone else alone, any normal Christians who disagree with this can, instead, go f*ck a woodchipper. We all have the INALIENABLE (meaning you cannot take it away without violating the constitution.) Right to life, liberty, and THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS, if marriage to another of the same sex makes you happy, you should be aloud to do so. And why the f*ck should the government care about family values, especially the right-wing, I thought they wanted LESS govt. Interference in our lives. It sickens me that people sworn to uphold the Constitution can be all for taking away someones rights.
unattractive

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
That doesn't mean that..........it..........is.. ........NORMAL!!!!!!!!!!
First, you are always on the religious debates, so your name makes no sense because "The World's Biggest Lie" is "I have read and agree to the Terms and Conditions".

Second- anal, gay relationships, both normal, many different spiecies, including MANY primates do both, evolution has induced homoaexuality, and don't say evolution is a lie, if you knew anything about the structure of DNA you would know its impossible for evolution NOT to happen.
Robsan5

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

<quoted text>
People choose to smoke, drink, do drugs, overeat, kill, harm, have multiple sex partners, incest, polygamy, adultery, perversions with a dog, a horse, a donkey, pedophilia, all of which are as a result of acting out their tendencies, aka choices.
Abnormal: Man and man have anal intercourse. At no point in recorded history have they EVER produced a child and NEVER will. Normal.
Other words for Roberta to look up in the dictionary this weekend.
Rationalizing
Unnatural
Humiliating
Moral
Degrading
Defect
Abrogate
Unhealthy
Defaming
Stability
Sound structure
Natural law
Subversion
Decadence
Male anatomy and its function
Female anatomy and its function
Perpetual benefit to society
Are you heterosexual when you are not actually having hetrosexual sex? What defines you as being hetrosexual?

Robert
Robsan5

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

<quoted text>
See dictionary.
Previous poster, dead wrong.
Oh, I'm dead wrong to think that you are straight when you're not actually having straight sex. Sorry, I didn't realize that you were bisexual.
And were you wrong to use the word "mute" when you actually meant to use the word "moot"?

Robert
Robsan5

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

<quoted text>
Abnormal: Man and man have anal intercourse. At no point in recorded history have they EVER produced a child and NEVER will. Normal.
Other words for Roberta to look up in the dictionary this weekend.
Rationalizing
Unnatural
Humiliating
Moral
Degrading
Defect
Abrogate
Unhealthy
Defaming
Stability
Sound structure
Natural law
Subversion
Decadence
Male anatomy and its function
Female anatomy and its function
Perpetual benefit to society
Based on your posts, you are probably too stupid to understand this, but my inner nice guy compels me to ask:
What makes you a heterosexual?
Are you a heterosexual only when you are actually having heterosexual sex? Or is it an orientation; how you feel and react to the world around you, even when you are not actively engaged in heterosexual sex?

Robert
Robsan5

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

<quoted text>
So any intercourse that does not produce a child is not normal?!?
I am willing to bet the you are single, and don't have a girlfriend, right?

Robert
Robsan5

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Sorry for the typo ;)
"I am willing to bet THAT you are single..."

Robert
Robsan5

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Under "fool"?
Did you mistakenly use the word 'mute' when you really meant 'moot'?

Robert

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

Pope ought to concentrate more on the values of his clergy!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 81 - 100 of103
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••