Pope stresses opposition to gay marriage citing family values

Full story: Fox News 103
The pope pressed his opposition to gay marriage Friday, denouncing what he described as people manipulating their God-given identities to suit their sexual choices -- and destroying the very "essence of the human creature" in the process. Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
leoreigh

Oceana, WV

#1 Dec 22, 2012
you can't stop sick gay rights,because God said it would happen in Revelations.I believe most of the gay people only want attention, & that,s the only way some can get it,they will get more than they bargained for when Jesus returns.

Since: Mar 07

United States

#2 Dec 23, 2012
leoreigh wrote:
you can't stop sick gay rights,because God said it would happen in Revelations.I believe most of the gay people only want attention, & that,s the only way some can get it,they will get more than they bargained for when Jesus returns.
You mean you really can't understand how gay folks, raised with ALL of the same "family values" that everyone else was raised with, might actually grow up to VALUE them?

You can't "get" why, like everyone else, gay folks fall in love, make lifelong commitments, and form loving and supportive families?

You can't "get" that gay people want the same recognition for their families and children that you want for yours? The same protection? The SAME security?

You really have trouble understanding this?

What happened to damage you in this way, that you are completely lacking in one of the most basic human traits - empathy?

“I Love You”

Since: Oct 09

Heaven

#3 Dec 23, 2012
In the words of Jesus:

"Mattthew 19: 1-6

1 And it came to pass, that when Jesus had finished these sayings, he departed from Galilee, and came into the coasts of Judaea beyond Jordan;

2 And great multitudes followed him; and he healed them there.

3 The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?

4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,

5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?

6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder."

In the words of Jesus:

"Romans 1 18-32

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them."

In the words of Jesus:

"1 Corinthians 6:9-11

9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God."

However, there is a warm place for you to continue your suffering.

Choose wisely.

Since: Jun 11

Bedford, UK

#5 Dec 23, 2012
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean you really can't understand how gay folks, raised with ALL of the same "family values" that everyone else was raised with, might actually grow up to VALUE them?
You can't "get" why, like everyone else, gay folks fall in love, make lifelong commitments, and form loving and supportive families?
You can't "get" that gay people want the same recognition for their families and children that you want for yours? The same protection? The SAME security?
You really have trouble understanding this?
What happened to damage you in this way, that you are completely lacking in one of the most basic human traits - empathy?
By all means have a legal civil service to give you protection and rights but don't call it marriage. Heterosexuals will turn away from marriage if its image is sullied by gay marriage.
Empathy that goes both ways, gay rights have no empathy for the majority. If someone says NO they stamp their feet and get all uptight as if we should consider them a special case.

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#6 Dec 23, 2012
--GOD-- wrote:
In the words of Jesus:
1 And it came to pass, that when Jesus had finished these sayings, he departed from Galilee, and came into the coasts of Judaea beyond Jordan;
2 And great multitudes followed him; and he healed them there.
3 The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?
4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?
6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder."
In the words of Jesus:
"Romans 1 18-32
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them."
In the words of Jesus:
"1 Corinthians 6:9-11
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God."
However, there is a warm place for you to continue your suffering.
Choose wisely.
hey dumbazz... shove yo jesass ewhere the sun don't shine

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#7 Dec 23, 2012
hey pope ben-a-d!ck why don't y start another crusades to spread the good news of jesass

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#8 Dec 23, 2012
Best view wrote:
By all means have a legal civil service to give you protection and rights but don't call it marriage. Heterosexuals will turn away from marriage if its image is sullied by gay marriage.
Empathy that goes both ways, gay rights have no empathy for the majority. If someone says NO they stamp their feet and get all uptight as if we should consider them a special case.
Dear, it is difficult to have empathy for a majority that keeps insisting on punishing us for no reason than our being homosexual and that we should okay with that because you have a God given right to disapprove of us. Disapprove to your hearts content, but your assumed God given right doesn't outweigh our Constitution given right to be equal citizens of our own nation and that includes the right to be married to the otherwise legally qualified person of our choice. Not some approximation that is intended to be equal but never has been when the majority tried to whip them up for us. We are fighting for rights that you take for granted as part of your majority, expect some anger and be thankful that from our side at least, it rarely boils over into violence.

this one

#10 Dec 23, 2012
Four Legs wrote:
Ricky's dog is straighter than he is.
Sugarplum, I'd be willing to wager that my dog is also straighter than you really are.

Since: Apr 10

Parker, CO

#11 Dec 23, 2012
Best view wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you not noticed heteros have turned away from marriage, over half of all marriages end in divorce, seems to me that divorce is the threat to marriage ban divorace and save nearly 53% of all marriages.
nOgOd

United States

#13 Dec 23, 2012
Theft, murder, forced subjugation and child rape are just a few more family values adopted by the catholic church.

Bedford, UK

#16 Dec 24, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Dear, it is difficult to have empathy for a majority that keeps insisting on punishing us for no reason than our being homosexual and that we should okay with that because you have a God given right to disapprove of us. Disapprove to your hearts content, but your assumed God given right doesn't outweigh our Constitution given right to be equal citizens of our own nation and that includes the right to be married to the otherwise legally qualified person of our choice. Not some approximation that is intended to be equal but never has been when the majority tried to whip them up for us. We are fighting for rights that you take for granted as part of your majority, expect some anger and be thankful that from our side at least, it rarely boils over into violence.
The rights we take for granted are what have developed the human race. Marriage between man and woman and raising a family. What makes you think you have a right to be homosexual? As far as I can see the whole world is dumming down with lower standards and allowing Homo's to spread their degeneration only adds to the problem.

United States

#17 Dec 24, 2012
--GOD-- wrote:
In the words of Jesus:
Thanks for pointing out that is scripture is NOT about gay folks marrying, but about the sinfulness of divorce for straight folks.

So many so-called christians seem to forget the context of this verse, and even try to use it as a sign that Jesus somehow was speaking about gay folks.

Every single person who is married and divorces, and then re-marries, is living in unrepentant sin as a adulterer, according to these verses.

And yet so many christians do it, and so many denominations openly condone it - even to the point of marrying the adulterers. And then some of those SAME people condemn gay folks for forming families.

It's very odd.

United States

#18 Dec 24, 2012
Best view wrote:
<quoted text>
The rights we take for granted are what have developed the human race. Marriage between man and woman and raising a family.......
So, any man and woman who cannot, or will not raise a family cannot legally marry?

Really? In which states?

And, since so many gay couples ARE raising kids, I'm sure you agree that THEY should be allowed to marry, right?

I mean, wouldn't their kids benefit in the same ways form having married parents that every other kid does?

United States

#19 Dec 24, 2012
Best view wrote:
<quoted text>
By all means have a legal civil service to give you protection and rights but don't call it marriage. Heterosexuals will turn away from marriage if ..
This HAS to be satire, right? You can't be serious.

Bedford, UK

#20 Dec 24, 2012
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
So, any man and woman who cannot, or will not raise a family cannot legally marry?
Really? In which states?
And, since so many gay couples ARE raising kids, I'm sure you agree that THEY should be allowed to marry, right?
I mean, wouldn't their kids benefit in the same ways form having married parents that every other kid does?
I never said they HAVE to have children but the majority do. Not only do I not agree they should be allowed to marry I also think it is abominable that they have children around their perversions. The kids would benefit more from a normal relationship.

Uve

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#21 Dec 24, 2012
Best view wrote:
<quoted text>
The rights we take for granted are what have developed the human race. Marriage between man and woman and raising a family. What makes you think you have a right to be homosexual? As far as I can see the whole world is dumming down with lower standards and allowing Homo's to spread their degeneration only adds to the problem.
I'll give you dumming down from your post. Just because I'm gay, is no excuse for you to be stupid. What makes you think I don't have any rights because I'm gay and that you have the arrogant right to 'allow' me to be so?!

Bedford, UK

#22 Dec 24, 2012
Uve wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll give you dumming down from your post. Just because I'm gay, is no excuse for you to be stupid. What makes you think I don't have any rights because I'm gay and that you have the arrogant right to 'allow' me to be so?!
Because you are damaged and the community has a right to protect itself.

Bedford, UK

#23 Dec 24, 2012
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
This HAS to be satire, right? You can't be serious.
If you are allowed to marry then every Hetro who marries is effectively saying that's ok even though they may disagree strongly.

this one

#24 Dec 24, 2012
Best view wrote:
Jesus, if you're listening, would you please do something about some of your alleged Christians? I get the whole walking away from them thing, but I'm kinda hoping for something more like your Dad would be a bringing about now and I always got a kick out of the one with the bears. I know I'm not Christian and shouldn't be asking for something like this right before what they made your birthday, but this one is your fault. He says it is anyways.

What makes me think I have a right to be homosexual? You have got to be f*cking kidding me? Your good Lord gave me this gift sweetie, you can hate it all you want, but that is your problem with him, not mine. I am a citizen of this nation and whether you like it or not, that means I have a right to equality in the eyes of the law and at this point it tickles me to no end that it pisses you off. The ONLY f*cking degenerate in this conversation is you Sugarplum, you and your amazingly less than Christlike version of Christianity. Your hate is toxic not only in its effects on us, but to society as a whole. But you're losing, slowly, but surely losing and you and your evil in the name of the Lord will not be remembered fondly.

Uve

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#25 Dec 24, 2012
Best view wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you are damaged and the community has a right to protect itself.
I'm not damaged nor do have any 'right' to judge me so. Your bigotry and your false self righteousness is causing far greater damage. POS

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min guest 559,471
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 8 hr kent 83,903
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 14 hr Mr Sir 8,694
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Fri Cat74 11
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 18 Stephany McDowell 1
The Roman Catholic church: Chronicle of a papac... Dec 18 Stephany McDowell 1
Dogs go to heaven, Pope Francis says Dec 17 cooldude 5
More from around the web