Catholicism offshoot dissolves after ...

Catholicism offshoot dissolves after scandals | The Columbus Di...

There are 70 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Dec 4, 2009, titled Catholicism offshoot dissolves after scandals | The Columbus Di.... In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

An independent Catholic denomination with its global headquarters in Columbus has disbanded, having been torn apart after publicity about the criminal backgrounds of its top leader and a former priest.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Stephen D Goodsell

Mount Vernon, OH

#50 Dec 7, 2009
Msgr Vicar General Stephan J Moloney should resign
his post. His self dealing with Victims of Child rape ,molestation, sexual assault should be reviewed by an independent unbiased review board
that is effectively controlled by Bishop Campbell
who appoints 4 of the 7 members of the "so called
independent review board" It's deplorable! The
entire cover up of what Bishop Campbell and Vicar
General Stephan J Moloney do behind closed doors
is a moral outrage without equal. Come forward
and lie more ! Truth counts.!
Stephen D Goodsell

Mount Vernon, OH

#51 Dec 7, 2009
Throw the Abusers under the bus. Defrock the Abusers .Preserve the Nobility of the Roman Catholic Church by defending the survivors and
not by defending the Abusive clergy! This is simple
to resolve.Criminals should not be allowed to remain as priests ever. Defend and help survivor of
Abuse! The Assault on Reason - Al Gore ( great book and a fine man)
Stephen D Goodsell

Mount Vernon, OH

#52 Dec 7, 2009
The Abuse continues now ! No one cares as "Hubris"
rules the powers of The Roman Catholic Church in
The Diocese of Columbus. Fund people not fancy
new buildings on Broad St and hundreds of thousands
of dollars for a pipe organ at St Josephs Cathedral
"low on funds?" Not even close !198 E Broad st
has run amok by men who are evil and lie to the'
entire laity for which they are charged to support
defend , nurture and teach the meaning of Christs
message of unconditional love and morality!
Truth Matters and especially for men who are Vicars of Christ.
post of the century

Columbus, OH

#53 Dec 7, 2009
Small minded people wrote:
Plenty of them on this board.
Whether you agree with religion or not, one thing you cannot deny is the good that is done in their communities. Do you see any atheist opening schools for the blind? Manning soup kitchens and food lines? Do you see them building houses in Haiti? Do you see them clothing and housing the poor? No, you don't. But you continually see them coming on boards like this and demeaning those that do. Where is the real evil?
What a beautifully-crafted statement. So honest and so real. And it's sad but true. Post of the year; decade; and century. It's beautiful man!!! Love you!!

“The One, The True”

Since: Dec 09

Creation

#54 Dec 7, 2009
TimH wrote:
1) One can not be Catholic without recognizing the role of the Pope. That is central to the faith.
2) Homosexuality is CLEARLY defined as a sin in the bible.
Says who? Really show me where it CLEARLY defines sin? Certainly not in the TEN COMMANDMENTS. Did you think I lost interest? Did you think I forgot a sin?

Do you know who said homosexuality is a sin? A lot of people think it was Moses but it actually was a guy named Levi. He was ticked off because he really wanted his son to be a king but the kid was a queen at heart, if you get my meaning, which you probably don't given how badly you've interpreted my word. A flamer, a rump ranger. The kid liked to bite pillows. With his butt high in the air and no pants on. While a big hair man took him from behind.

Levi didn't like this. It made him pretty uncomfortable and so he grabbed a few scrolls, wrote out some anti-homosexual crap and said it was transcribed from Moses' meeting with me. Except my meeting consisted of etching some pretty plain rules into rocks. Or did you miss that movie?
I don't fool around. I am a direct god.
Stephen D Goodsell

Mount Vernon, OH

#57 Dec 7, 2009
i pay with my life for Vicar General Stephan J Moloney and his lies to me. I have letters to support my claim and his course of conduct should
be upheld upon factual determination by a Judge
after filing a complaint in civil court by solid
representation/consul. Lie some more SJ moloney
I can pass a lie detector test and the 100s of
emails that you personally sent to me and deposits
to my acct and a letter from my endocrine Doctor
Jennifer Cuninham that you personally requested
support my claim and hereby Morally obligate you
to help and "course of conduct" You lie like no
other Priest as Vicar General . Honor Counts
Abuse and lies should be reviewed and corrected
by the Laws of the State of Ohio not you and the
Bishop behind closed door .. Stop or Resign
How dare you both! St Joseph Montessori Christ the King School, St Marys, St Charles I attended.
hand me back my meds sir!I will see you in a court of law .You will lose .
Stephen D Goodsell

Mount Vernon, OH

#59 Dec 7, 2009
Classic revictimization by Msgr StephanJ Molney
Fr Shawn Cochcoran, Bishop Campbell Deacon Berg,
Sign a check and bury the victims ..Nice hardball
tactics guys
Stephen D Goodsell

Mount Vernon, OH

#60 Dec 7, 2009
all of you should be reviewed and reprimanded
Stephen D Goodsell

Mount Vernon, OH

#61 Dec 7, 2009
Homophopic Clergy that is closeted resign
Stephen D Goodsell

Mount Vernon, OH

#62 Dec 7, 2009
eghad who is rump ranger wrote:
Who is this Rump Ranger you speak of?
Hey guy lets chat !
Stephen D Goodsell

Mount Vernon, OH

#63 Dec 7, 2009
Review board is managed by one man Stephan J Moloney @ He will hardball you, lie to you cut off
your assistance "manage your heathcare and coerce
victims Ad hoc Ad hominun .. Are your doctors real"
Resign Stephan J Moloney ..Do not count on this man
to help. He will cut you off at your feet if you
breathe a word of self advocacy and help. Letters
2 yr of lies on paper. Resign Rev Msgr Stephan J Moloney One man should not have absolute power to
revictimize child rape survivors.Stand before a public forum Moloney show your face.You wont because you are the systemic codification of The
Abuse Scandal.
Stephen D Goodsell

Mount Vernon, OH

#64 Dec 7, 2009
Lance Branberg wrote:
Mike when I lived in Ohio they would not listen. Time to listen now.
Ohio is as backward a State in the Union as it can get .Ohio ha pseudo intellectual
collective of less than progressive ideologues.Republicans defend
the catholic church and support the hardball tactics of killing
legislation nationwide that give the rights of Child Rape victim
a Discovery window to seek justice in a court of LAw
Branberg L

London, UK

#65 Dec 7, 2009
Send me sunshine Ohio wrote:
www.clericalwhispers.blogspot. com operated by Zimmerman's irish illicit bishop Joseph Ryan, carried many 'Exclusive' inside the ranks church stories despite his strong denials.
On Wednesday clerical whispers circulated court documents concerning Zimmerman's criminal conduct. In communication through facebook it was requested that clergy support Ryan in his bid to seize and transfer power to Ireland.
Ryan who is believed bought the position of bishop for $4000, styled himself on Mr Zimmerman as a 'copy cat' leader in his attempts to operate a HIV support task force aimed at defrauding the irish State.
A decision taken to pull the reformed catholic website blocked Ryan's attempt to take complete electronic control with his accomplice bishops in the US.
It seems like a coup and for good reason, it was said Zimmerman made $1,000,000 dollars a year running the church with his bishops & priests running lucrative fraudulent blessing websites like www.cunamhde.com while charging $1,500 dollars an hour for ceremonies.
Shaking my head

Dallas, TX

#67 Dec 8, 2009
Like all of these invented churches dressing themselves up as a Catholic Church is hilarious if it weren't so sad. Anyone can invent a church and get recognition from someone! Referring to a "basilica" and Columbus as the "Global Headquarters" is funnier yet. Anybody can run to a religious supply store to buy all of the trappings of a genuine Church. Sadder yet, they can get "non profit" status as they milk their misguided members.
Shaking my head

Dallas, TX

#68 Dec 8, 2009
The GOD wrote:
<quoted text>
Says who? Really show me where it CLEARLY defines sin? Certainly not in the TEN COMMANDMENTS. Did you think I lost interest? Did you think I forgot a sin?
Do you know who said homosexuality is a sin? A lot of people think it was Moses but it actually was a guy named Levi. He was ticked off because he really wanted his son to be a king but the kid was a queen at heart, if you get my meaning, which you probably don't given how badly you've interpreted my word. A flamer, a rump ranger. The kid liked to bite pillows. With his butt high in the air and no pants on. While a big hair man took him from behind.
Levi didn't like this. It made him pretty uncomfortable and so he grabbed a few scrolls, wrote out some anti-homosexual crap and said it was transcribed from Moses' meeting with me. Except my meeting consisted of etching some pretty plain rules into rocks. Or did you miss that movie?
I don't fool around. I am a direct god.
WOW, there is no scorn like a queen's scorn and you know how! LOL
Shaking my head

Dallas, TX

#69 Dec 8, 2009
My confusion is certainly not justifying the actions of such a small percentage of known abuse by celibate and sick priests, but why did courts accept going back 60 years to weed out the guilty although many were already dead while our federal and state employers as well as teachers guilty of the exact same crimes be allowed to exempt themselves by a bogus statute of limitations. The reason? Simple, hatred of the Catholic Church and a desire to bring it down and all for less than 3% of all priest in the past 60 years!
Shaking my head

Dallas, TX

#70 Dec 8, 2009
Liberty wrote:
Seems like there are plenty of perverts and shady people in all these denominations.
I always remember the famous saying attributed to the Rev. Ike in Detroit. "Money is the root of all evil so send me that evil."
And the 60's song "Pastor, why should I give you 10 dollars when you have $10,000 (Rolex) on you wrist."
Doesn't much matter if it is the Catholic Church, Jim and Tamy Faye, Jimmy Swaggert, Oral Roberts kid, the family enterprise at Harvest Temple and many others; they should do more praying and set a true example rather than being involved in greed and sinful behavior.
Methinks you should do more praying instead. Every human being knows that a church exists for sinners not saints like you! You are laughable with your trite declarations.
Joseph

Columbus, OH

#71 Dec 9, 2009
post of the century wrote:
<quoted text>
What a beautifully-crafted statement. So honest and so real. And it's sad but true. Post of the year; decade; and century. It's beautiful man!!! Love you!!
whatever christ do gooders are not the only ones who help the poor and down trodden they just have to brag more about it
Holiday Faith

Columbus, OH

#72 Dec 14, 2009
In our troubled times how quickly we are to point the blame at one another and search for hate vs peace and understanding. How painful to read these postings that shead such a hateful, non-forgiving side of "christians." Most forget the true meaning of the season, the true teachings of Jesus and whom he brought the word to, dined with, and befriended. And how far off course for religious leaders to cast public stones on line here. My prayer is for all religious leaders, for all believers and non-believers that we all find peace and understanding not only here at Christmas but in the New Year. I pray that 2010 finds us all better informed, better read, and more loving and open minded.
Monettan

North Hollywood, CA

#73 Dec 15, 2009
Yet another phony found out at last. Maybe he will repent in his Heart, but somehow I doubt it. But I bet some of his followers will go back to Church (Yes, the One True Church) with the realization of coming back Home.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min Steve III 646,970
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... 11 hr South Knox Hombre 7
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jun 28 Mr Sir 10,166
News Nation-Now 57 mins ago 10:35 a.m.Pope Francis s... Jun 27 Rev Cash Dollar 1
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Jun 1 Michael 7
More from around the web