Pope's third book on Jesus reaffirms virgin birth

Nov 20, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WTAX-AM Springfield

Pope Benedict published the last part of his trilogy on the life of Jesus on Tuesday, delivering an early childhood narrative which strongly reaffirms the doctrine of the virgin birth as an "unequivocal" truth of faith.

Comments (Page 4)

Showing posts 61 - 67 of67
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Catholic Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for your kind words. Glad you don't remember me being harsh, sometimes that side does come out.
Keep those original parts as long as you can. Replacements are not the same as originals. This will be 2nd. replacement. This time will take better care of self and remember I'm not 30 any longer (my dr. reminds me of this every so often). Seen stated hubby was back to old self. Good going, he must be feeling better. Hope you are feeling better also. Are you taking the good meds for the pain? If they help, take them. At your age don't be afraid to take the good stuff, thats what they were designed to do.
Keeping you & family in prayers,
Thank you for your kindness. I hope your holidays are happy and blessed. I get to see my grandson! That's my biggest present :)

Yes, I take pain meds, but only non-narcotic ones (I'm afraid of addiction, but the narcotic painkillers work the best.) I've been taking toradol, doesn't do much but I appreciate any relief. Well, I just re-read your post, maybe you're right - at my age maybe the narcotics wouldn't hurt...I'll talk to my doctor about it again. He feels I should take take them. When I'm hospitalized, he orders them for me and they make a big difference; I just don't like the way they make me feel.

You're a sweetheart, Catholic Girl! You give your religion a GOOD name. Love and happiness to you.
PAUL ARTs shykora

Calgary, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

..THIS Is a ...PLACEBO-EFFECT.here....(+). ..
The Oracle

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

Catholic Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called RESPECT. This is lacking in today's world.

People "RESPECT" all sorts of con artists and charlatans. It is not "RESPECT" that is lacking, it is "TRUTH".

In order to "Reaffirm" or indeed "Affirm" something, first you have to PROVE it, and since the virgin birth claim is unprovable, any claim that it is fact is fatuous.

People can and will believe what they like, unfortunately proof is not essential to any religion, and certainly not to Jesus freaks and God botherers.
JEHOVAH is GOD

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

The Roman Catholic religion teaches that Mary is the mother of God, therefore making Jesus the God of the Catholics, and also making Jesus a Trinity god to fit with their false doctrines.

The Bible teaches Mary was a virgin, because she gave birth to the only son of Almighty God Jehovah, Jesus. Jesus lived in heaven before he came to Earth, he was the very first and only angelic son created by Almighty God Jehovah. His name in heaven was Michael.
Daniel 12:1
Luke 1:31,32
Colossians 1:15-18
The Oracle

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

JEHOVAH is GOD wrote:
The Roman Catholic religion teaches that Mary is the mother of God, therefore making Jesus the God of the Catholics, and also making Jesus a Trinity god to fit with their false doctrines.
The Bible teaches Mary was a virgin, because she gave birth to the only son of Almighty God Jehovah, Jesus. Jesus lived in heaven before he came to Earth, he was the very first and only angelic son created by Almighty God Jehovah. His name in heaven was Michael.
Daniel 12:1
Luke 1:31,32
Colossians 1:15-18

They teach this, but like all religious teachings, no proof has ever existed.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

The Oracle wrote:
<quoted text>
They teach this, but like all religious teachings, no proof has ever existed.
Oracle, I guess many things just can't be proved - I'd settle for circumstantial evidence :)

By the way, happy holidays!
oral roberts

Cranston, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

PAUL ARTs shykora wrote:
..THIS Is a ...PLACEBO-EFFECT.here....(+). ..
Dude how many time are you going to say the same thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61 - 67 of67
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••