Pope's third book on Jesus reaffirms virgin birth

Nov 20, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WTAX-AM Springfield

Pope Benedict published the last part of his trilogy on the life of Jesus on Tuesday, delivering an early childhood narrative which strongly reaffirms the doctrine of the virgin birth as an "unequivocal" truth of faith.

Comments
41 - 60 of 67 Comments Last updated Dec 16, 2012

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he's programmed to be a professional PITA (pain-in-the-etc)
As you can tell, I'm a night owl but now I'm sleep so off to my wonderfully comfortable hospital bed I go. Even though almost every movement causes muscle pain, I'm still extremely grateful for all the wonderful people I have in my life - and now I even have YOU!!:)
Four and a half years ago I lost my younger sister to cervical cancer. So what I have I'll continue to accept, knowing there are far worse things. I insist on being happy, especially in my golden (a.k.a. RUSTY) years! Hugs & g'nite!
See the GREAT Catholics here - mention the death of a loved one and those vicious b*stards insult you for it. Piss off, hypocrites.
shykora arts PAUL

Calgary, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

..MERRY CHRISTMAS,here....and,fight'n OFF the ...evilnes,here..too...GOD Bless.....yada u u...
Jerry

Aspley, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Virgin birth – Myth or Historical Truth?

This question falls over from the start if the virgin birth story doesn’t appear in the New Testament. And it doesn’t.

With the missionary activities of Paul and others, the passing of the original followers of Jesus and the destruction of Jerusalem, the NT soon fell into the hands of the Greeks and Latins.

They interpreted the Hebrew Scriptures through the prism of their own culture, and gave meanings to words and phrases never intended by the NT authors.
For example the Holy Spirit coming “upon” Mary is read as a virginal conception. However there are dozens of instances in the Bible where the Holy Spirit came “upon” individuals, usually men, but only in Mary’s case is it read as God impregnating someone.

Also a ridiculous interpretation was given to Mary’s question to the angel, "How can this be, since I do not know a man?" It interprets these words as Mary saying that she does not know how she could get pregnant in the future because currently she is a virgin!

I could go on, but to cut a long story short, the NT says nothing about a virgin birth. What it does say is that Joseph was not Jesus’ father. Luke 3:23, when properly translated, names Heli as the father of Jesus.

The few passages about the birth of Jesus in the NT are analysed comprehensively on —

http://www.wallsofjericho.info/index.php...

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

JEHOVAH IS GOD wrote:
How benevolent of the Pope to forgive the Jews for killing their promised Messiah sent from Almighty God Jehovah to deliver them from the burden of the Law.
Luke 24:19,20
The Pope has gone above the decision of God Almighty in that case, when it is God's written will that the Jews will forever be abandoned by Jehovah God for their disobedience to his direction.
Matthew 23:37-39
Unless each individual Jew accepts Jesus Christ as the only way to approach Almighty God Jehovah in pure worship or anyone who wants to worship the true God of the Bible, your worship is in vain.
John 14:6
Sir,Luke 24:19,20 says nothing of what you are saying. Matthew 23:37-39 Does Not state that God abandoned the Jews. John 14:6 applies to ALL of mankind. Read the Old Testament,where God, Himself warns mankind: "DO NOT add to or take away from MY WORDS."

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Jerry wrote:
Virgin birth – Myth or Historical Truth?
This question falls over from the start if the virgin birth story doesn’t appear in the New Testament. And it doesn’t.
With the missionary activities of Paul and others, the passing of the original followers of Jesus and the destruction of Jerusalem, the NT soon fell into the hands of the Greeks and Latins.
They interpreted the Hebrew Scriptures through the prism of their own culture, and gave meanings to words and phrases never intended by the NT authors.
For example the Holy Spirit coming “upon” Mary is read as a virginal conception. However there are dozens of instances in the Bible where the Holy Spirit came “upon” individuals, usually men, but only in Mary’s case is it read as God impregnating someone.
Also a ridiculous interpretation was given to Mary’s question to the angel, "How can this be, since I do not know a man?" It interprets these words as Mary saying that she does not know how she could get pregnant in the future because currently she is a virgin!
I could go on, but to cut a long story short, the NT says nothing about a virgin birth. What it does say is that Joseph was not Jesus’ father. Luke 3:23, when properly translated, names Heli as the father of Jesus.
The few passages about the birth of Jesus in the NT are analysed comprehensively on —
http://www.wallsofjericho.info/index.php...
Jerry, yours is one of the most interesting posts I've ever read here. Virgin birth stories were told (and believed) by pagans many, many centuries before Christ's time. Plus, "Mary did not know Joseph until..." says a lot and it's meaning has been distorted to a stupid and disgusting degree.

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Oh, Jerry, another thing. When this so-called "angel" told Mary what was to happen, she herself acknowledged she needed a Savior, yet the Roman Cult insists she was sinless, to the point she never had to go through labor pain, which was then believed to be part of the "punishment" of original sin. She was no doubt above getting stretch marks too, LOL.
oral roberts

Cranston, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Sherlayne wrote:
Oh, Jerry, another thing. When this so-called "angel" told Mary what was to happen, she herself acknowledged she needed a Savior, yet the Roman Cult insists she was sinless, to the point she never had to go through labor pain, which was then believed to be part of the "punishment" of original sin. She was no doubt above getting stretch marks too, LOL.
I knew a surgeon Mary she was a great doc.
JEHOVAH IS GOD

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

STEPHMAR wrote:
<quoted text>Sir,Luke 24:19,20 says nothing of what you are saying. Matthew 23:37-39 Does Not state that God abandoned the Jews. John 14:6 applies to ALL of mankind. Read the Old Testament,where God, Himself warns mankind: "DO NOT add to or take away from MY WORDS."
Sorry for the mistype, the Scripture is Matthew 22:37-39
These particular Scriptures are proving that the Law of Moses is no longer a burden to the Jews, if they accept the direction of Jesus as their Messiah from Almighty God Jehovah.

The Jews would have to abandon the worship set up through their religious leaders, no longer acceptable to Jehovah God.
Judaism is still unacceptable to Jehovah God, the one true God of the Bible, in fact all religion on this Earth is unacceptable to Jehovah God, except pure worship by His witnesses and subjects of his heavenly Kingdom government.

Luke 24:19,20 is proving that Jesus came as a prophet to the Jews and the Jews killed him.
Catholic Girl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Michael wrote:
The pope weilds so much power among catholics he could write a book affirming the real birth and life of the spagetti monster and catholics would believe.
The pope must laugh himself to bed everynight. Knowing he has 1 Billion people who will do anything he requests them to do.
HOLY SHITE!
It's called RESPECT. This is lacking in today's world.
oral roberts

Cranston, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

JEHOVAH IS GOD wrote:
How benevolent of the Pope to forgive the Jews for killing their promised Messiah sent from Almighty God Jehovah to deliver them from the burden of the Law.
Luke 24:19,20

The Pope has gone above the decision of God Almighty in that case, when it is God's written will that the Jews will forever be abandoned by Jehovah God for their disobedience to his direction.
Matthew 23:37-39

Unless each individual Jew accepts Jesus Christ as the only way to approach Almighty God Jehovah in pure worship or anyone who wants to worship the true God of the Bible, your worship is in vain.
John 14:6
Keep reeling yourself this and it should all work out.
oral roberts

Cranston, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Why did the RRC have to reaffirm Jesus's birth? They had questions?

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

oral roberts wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew a surgeon Mary she was a great doc.
You didn't get stretch marks either??
ssssss

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Those "sssss" were a mistake; I'm half asleep. Will see you tomorrow, baby-face :)

“Boot to the Head”

Since: Jul 08

Mogadore, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Michael wrote:
The pope weilds so much power among catholics he could write a book affirming the real birth and life of the spagetti monster and catholics would believe.
The pope must laugh himself to bed everynight. Knowing he has 1 Billion people who will do anything he requests them to do.
HOLY SHITE!
You don't know many Catholics do you.

If the Holy Father said that the sun rises in the east, fallen away priests and liberal Catholics would would appear on network TV and op-ed columns everywhere joyfully pointing out that the Pope is out of touch with reality.
Catholic Girl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
See the GREAT Catholics here - mention the death of a loved one and those vicious b*stards insult you for it. Piss off, hypocrites.
don't let them get to you. say a Hail Mary or ask guardian angel to protect you. that little voice in you (guardian angel) will tell you to stay off topix.
now lets see all the vicious attacks i receive.
Hey girlfriend, hope all going well for you these days. I'm looking into hip replacement, maybe Feb.

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Catholic Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
don't let them get to you. say a Hail Mary or ask guardian angel to protect you. that little voice in you (guardian angel) will tell you to stay off topix.
now lets see all the vicious attacks i receive.
Hey girlfriend, hope all going well for you these days. I'm looking into hip replacement, maybe Feb.
Sorry I didn't see this til just now. I also have hip problems, very painful. One of my husband's nephews had both hips done and he says he feels like a new person. I may be headed for that someday.

It's always a pleasure to see you! You seem to never have a poor word for anyone and you're a good influence on all of us. Talk to you soon, love ya!
oral roberts

Cranston, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

SHYKORA ARTs paul wrote:
<quoted text>..REAL-NAME,please...y ou..lier,fake-phoney,here...eh ...!!!..(-Idnetity-thieft...
Yes and that nonsense name you have is real? Dude you are a total Todd.
Catholic Girl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry I didn't see this til just now. I also have hip problems, very painful. One of my husband's nephews had both hips done and he says he feels like a new person. I may be headed for that someday.
It's always a pleasure to see you! You seem to never have a poor word for anyone and you're a good influence on all of us. Talk to you soon, love ya!
Thanks for your kind words. Glad you don't remember me being harsh, sometimes that side does come out.
Keep those original parts as long as you can. Replacements are not the same as originals. This will be 2nd. replacement. This time will take better care of self and remember I'm not 30 any longer (my dr. reminds me of this every so often). Seen stated hubby was back to old self. Good going, he must be feeling better. Hope you are feeling better also. Are you taking the good meds for the pain? If they help, take them. At your age don't be afraid to take the good stuff, thats what they were designed to do.
Keeping you & family in prayers,
Catholic Girl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

oral roberts wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and that nonsense name you have is real? Dude you are a total Todd.
No nonsense, that is his real name. Look it up, I did. Quite the handsome young man at that.
oral roberts

Cranston, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Catholic Girl wrote:
<quoted text>No nonsense, that is his real name. Look it up, I did. Quite the handsome young man at that.
Didn't find him on google. But I may have seen him in Altar Boy Today.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••