'Vatileaks' scandal could weaken chan...

'Vatileaks' scandal could weaken chances of Italian pope

There are 2 comments on the The Raw Story story from Jun 11, 2012, titled 'Vatileaks' scandal could weaken chances of Italian pope. In it, The Raw Story reports that:

Intrigue at the Vatican could weaken the chances of the next pope being an Italian, observers said, as memos leaked from the Holy See's corridors of power lift the lid on tensions between cardinals.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Raw Story.

MICHAEL

Caledonia, Canada

#1 Jun 11, 2012
Weaken the chances of Italian Pope!!

I don't understand, I was taught the Holy Spirit "inspires" the Cardinals who to choose for the next pope?

Its obvious there are many cliques of cardinals within the vatican and the Holy Spirit has no say what so ever.

What truth is one to believe?
Pax et Bonum

Canton, OH

#2 Jun 11, 2012
MICHAEL wrote:
Weaken the chances of Italian Pope!!
I don't understand, I was taught the Holy Spirit "inspires" the Cardinals who to choose for the next pope?
Its obvious there are many cliques of cardinals within the vatican and the Holy Spirit has no say what so ever.
What truth is one to believe?
That men can ignore the inspiration of the Holy Spirit should not be a surprise. Inspiration does not mean become the robots of God. Pope John XXIII is the perfect example of the Holy Spirit trumping the will of men. He was elected as a caretaker pope, to just fill in and die so that in the meantime an agreement could be made as to who to elect next. John XXIII then calls Vatican Council II. No one saw that coming from him. When travel to Rome was much more difficult than it is today the Italians were voted as pope since mostly Italians were the ones making it to the conclave. A global Church, cardinals from around the globe, and modern transportation makes the election of nonItalians more of a possibility.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 27 min Gods r Delusion x... 688,822
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Oct 11 Married in 10,646
News Pope Francis Denounces Gender Confirmation Surg... Oct 9 TerriB1 1
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Oct 2 The Bible Student 81
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep '17 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep '17 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
More from around the web