Topless women activists bang Notre Da...

Topless women activists bang Notre Dame bell in anti-pope protest in Paris cathedral

There are 183 comments on the The Washington Post story from Feb 12, 2013, titled Topless women activists bang Notre Dame bell in anti-pope protest in Paris cathedral. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

Topless women activists have pounded a huge church bell in Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris to "celebrate" the pope's resignation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Catholicson

Clifton, NJ

#1 Feb 12, 2013
SHAMEFUL!

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

#2 Feb 12, 2013
Okay, progressive liberals/socialists are all the same everywhere huh? Typical so-called "tolerance" and respect for others beliefs....

Since: Sep 08

Neon City Oh.

#3 Feb 12, 2013
The gun crazies will be bouncing off walls because of some topless women.
Kevlar Vest

Chico, CA

#4 Feb 12, 2013
I like them and wish them good luck in their struggle.

Since: Jun 08

Bangkok, Thailand

#5 Feb 12, 2013
My congratulations to the nine women from Ukrainian feminist group Femen. Pope Benedict XVI is a very wicked man who encouraged the persecution of gays and the transformation of women into baby-making machines. Additionally, the soon to be retired Pope incited the 2009 murder of abortion doctor George Tiller and caused the death in Ireland of Savita Halappanavar.
shedevil

Lexington, KY

#6 Feb 12, 2013
People will do anything to get on tv for attention.Why is it women shaming theirself.why don't the men go bottomless and bang on their balls haha I mean bell.
sickofit

Northfield, MN

#7 Feb 12, 2013
Good for them..Isnt freedom great....Oh wait religous people hate freedom.

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

#8 Feb 12, 2013
Stanley Engel wrote:
My congratulations to the nine women from Ukrainian feminist group Femen. Pope Benedict XVI is a very wicked man who encouraged the persecution of gays and the transformation of women into baby-making machines. Additionally, the soon to be retired Pope incited the 2009 murder of abortion doctor George Tiller and caused the death in Ireland of Savita Halappanavar.
Okay mass murder in the womb ala abortion and twisting nature and what God made as man and woman into perversion....through homosexuality....is so much better?

Woe to them that call good evil and evil good....

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

#9 Feb 12, 2013
sickofit wrote:
Good for them..Isnt freedom great....Oh wait religous people hate freedom.
You're mistaking freedom with licentiousness....a common misconception of the wicked....

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

#10 Feb 12, 2013
Kevlar Vest wrote:
I like them and wish them good luck in their struggle.
What struggle? To keep their shirt on and be decent?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#11 Feb 12, 2013
Stanley Engel wrote:
My congratulations to the nine women from Ukrainian feminist group Femen. Pope Benedict XVI is a very wicked man who encouraged the persecution of gays and the transformation of women into baby-making machines. Additionally, the soon to be retired Pope incited the 2009 murder of abortion doctor George Tiller and caused the death in Ireland of Savita Halappanavar.
I'm fairly certain that childbirth was the sole province of women long before Pope Benedict came along.

The rest of your post doesn't really bear comment.
sickofit

Northfield, MN

#12 Feb 12, 2013
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
You're mistaking freedom with licentiousness....a common misconception of the wicked....
Not at all.. Your mistaking your morals for what others have as morals....TRUE FREEDOM MEANS ALL PEOPLE LIVES AS THEY WISH AS LONG AS NOT HURTING OTHERS...

Cant waith until the day all religous peopel die off. Then we can have true freedom.

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

#13 Feb 12, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all.. Your mistaking your morals for what others have as morals....TRUE FREEDOM MEANS ALL PEOPLE LIVES AS THEY WISH AS LONG AS NOT HURTING OTHERS...
Cant waith until the day all religous peopel die off. Then we can have true freedom.
That's anarchy....

Again....look up the definition of freedom....{by the way this kind of display DOES harm others....it's already distorted the truth in you....}

Since: Jun 08

Bangkok, Thailand

#14 Feb 12, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm fairly certain that childbirth was the sole province of women long before Pope Benedict came along.
The rest of your post doesn't really bear comment.
Regarding Savita Halappanavar, she would have survived her ordeal if the Irish hospital had performed the abortion that was medically required. I wonder how many other similar cases in Catholic hospitals were never publicized? What's your estimate?

Regarding the rest of my post, it can bear a few additional comments. Pope Benedict XVI was pictured in mid-December 2012 giving a blessing to Rebecca Kadaga, the Speaker of the Ugandan Parliament, who promised to pass the country’s notorious Anti-Homosexuality Bill as a “Christmas gift”. It's been called the "kill the gays" bill and the Pope gave it his tacit endorsement by meeting with Ms. Kadaga.
sickofit

Northfield, MN

#15 Feb 12, 2013
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
That's anarchy....
Again....look up the definition of freedom....{by the way this kind of display DOES harm others....it's already distorted the truth in you....}
WOW....ok so you would rather live in tyranny where no one can lvie free....HOW ABOUT IRAN FOR YOU....You would like it there I think.

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

#16 Feb 12, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW....ok so you would rather live in tyranny where no one can lvie free....HOW ABOUT IRAN FOR YOU....You would like it there I think.
Freedom....interesting....why are there regulations on the 2nd amendment? Can we own any weapon we choose?

Can we pray in school?

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

#17 Feb 12, 2013
Stanley Engel wrote:
<quoted text>
Regarding Savita Halappanavar, she would have survived her ordeal if the Irish hospital had performed the abortion that was medically required. I wonder how many other similar cases in Catholic hospitals were never publicized? What's your estimate?
Regarding the rest of my post, it can bear a few additional comments. Pope Benedict XVI was pictured in mid-December 2012 giving a blessing to Rebecca Kadaga, the Speaker of the Ugandan Parliament, who promised to pass the country’s notorious Anti-Homosexuality Bill as a “Christmas gift”. It's been called the "kill the gays" bill and the Pope gave it his tacit endorsement by meeting with Ms. Kadaga.
How many women have died because of abortions? Not to mention the post traumatic disorders after abortions....and the victim that is the unborn baby....

Kill the gays? Can you site sources?

Since: Jun 08

Bangkok, Thailand

#18 Feb 12, 2013
Knightmare wrote:
How many women have died because of abortions?
Quite a few from illegal abortions. From legal abortions the number is about zero.
Knightmare wrote:
Not to mention the post traumatic disorders after abortions....and the victim that is the unborn baby..
The post traumatic disorders after abortion are, as you should know, a total fantasy and deliberate lie invented by the "pro-lifers" as a talking point.
Knightmare wrote:
Kill the gays? Can you site sources?
Of course I can. It's sad you were unable to perform a remarkably simple Google search. I'll pray for your soul in the hope that next time it'll be easier for you.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2012/12/14/pope-giv...

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

#19 Feb 12, 2013
Stanley Engel wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite a few from illegal abortions. From legal abortions the number is about zero.
<quoted text>
The post traumatic disorders after abortion are, as you should know, a total fantasy and deliberate lie invented by the "pro-lifers" as a talking point.
<quoted text>
Of course I can. It's sad you were unable to perform a remarkably simple Google search. I'll pray for your soul in the hope that next time it'll be easier for you.
http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2012/12/14/pope-giv...
Typical progressive liberal....

First you deny actual facts about abortions....yes legal abortions....including not only the deaths of women but the other affects which have been proven....

Then you cite a clearly biased anti-church, pro-gay agenda site....

Complete fail....
The Pope of Las Vegas

Miami, FL

#20 Feb 12, 2013
Knightmare wrote:
Okay, progressive liberals/socialists are all the same everywhere huh? Typical so-called "tolerance" and respect for others beliefs....
Why should others have any respect for your beliefs?

They should respect your RIGHT to believe what you want, but no need or obligation to have respect for WHAT you believe.

I personally think religion is moronic, juvenile, and unworthy of having my respect, but you have every right to follow religion yourself. If you like religion, go for it. I do not and I have no respect for it.

Don't confuse respect for freedom with respect for a subject matter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 34 min Thinking 658,506
News The untold story of Queen Elizabeth I and Islam Sun Full Muslim stupid 13
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sun Mr Sir 10,239
News Cardinal tipped to be the next Pope warns of an... Sep 20 Looking down our ... 25
News Catholic schools being closed at alarming rate (Apr '08) Sep 11 Jeremy 158
News The Latest: Walesa misses papal Mass, blames la... Sep 10 Ste 1
News Mother Teresa declared saint by Pope Francis Sep 8 South Knox Hombre 6
More from around the web