Will the Next Pope Support Uganda's 'Kill the Gays' Bill?

Feb 13, 2013 Full story: EDGE 86

One of the leading candidates to replace Pope Benedict XVI apparently supports Uganda's controversial "Kill the Gays Bill," Gay Star News reports.

Full Story

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#28 Feb 14, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Girls aren't immune to the clergy either. There are many instances of girls being molested by priests. As well as grown women being seduced.
The whole celibate nonsense is so far removed from any human behavior it is incomprehensible. The thought that they deny a basic human response not that different from the need to breathe is laughable, if not so tragic. Almost all other religions allow the clergy to f*ck. They seem to get alone fine.
Exactly my point. The rididulous celibacy requirement is the problem. While it does affect both genders & all sexual orientations, it likely originated in the catholic church because they were almost all gay and knew it was against their fairytale to have an active gay sexual life.

Allowing priests to marry- regardless of their sexaul orientation- would go a long way to solving their molestation problem.

Tawas City, Michigan

#29 Feb 14, 2013
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no such thing as homophobia, you stupid fk.
Said the self-hating homophobe........

I see you're still trolling every gay topic available.

Tell us all again how not-gay you are sugarpie.......

Tawas City, Michigan

#30 Feb 14, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry but, no.
Ummmmm, yeah, they are.

Did you see the pope and all the cardinals in their lace dresses?

No straight man dresses like that.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#31 Feb 14, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummmmm, yeah, they are.
Did you see the pope and all the cardinals in their lace dresses?
No straight man dresses like that.
Sheeps, there are lots (and lots and lots and lots and...) of things to get on the RCC about without manufacturing stuff.

I know a lot of these men. They aren't gay. Far too many mistresses between them.

Tawas City, Michigan

#32 Feb 14, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Sheeps, there are lots (and lots and lots and lots and...) of things to get on the RCC about without manufacturing stuff.
I know a lot of these men. They aren't gay. Far too many mistresses between them.
I haven't met a single catholic priest who was straight, ever.
The American Genocide

Dalton, MA

#33 Feb 14, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Said the self-hating homophobe........
I see you're still trolling every gay topic available.
Tell us all again how not-gay you are sugarpie.......
Self hating homophobe? Are you kidding me? Homosexuality is self hate engaged in the humiliating acts of sodomy with the same sex.
Try heterophobe Sheep. The fear of the opposite sex. The same opposite sex and concept that brought you into this world that you wish to destroy.

B`A`A`A`A`A`A`A`A`A`A
The American Genocide

Dalton, MA

#34 Feb 14, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
So is that a tacit admission that it is gays that molest children? Because that sure does sound like an admission to me.
Read your own statement please.

Since: Aug 11

Santa Cruz, CA

#35 Feb 14, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly my point. The rididulous celibacy requirement is the problem. While it does affect both genders & all sexual orientations, it likely originated in the catholic church because they were almost all gay and knew it was against their fairytale to have an active gay sexual life.
Allowing priests to marry- regardless of their sexaul orientation- would go a long way to solving their molestation problem.
Actually it came about in the Middle Ages because priests married and the church would lose real estate through inheritance.

Santa Cruz, CA

#36 Feb 14, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
I have met both. Can't really give you a proportion though.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#37 Feb 14, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Me neither. But since I met them all in gay venues, that hardly proves anything.

Actually, as a teem. I worked for the Catholic Church and school in the town I grew up in. I have no reason to believe the Fathers or the Sisters were anything but straight and celibate. But the nuns had two feet in the real world, and the priests were detached.
oats boats

United States

#38 Feb 14, 2013
Yes. And, don't be offended. The Catholic Church has always had the same view of gays. Don't expect them to change after thousands of years of preaching the same doctrine.

Santa Cruz, CA

#39 Feb 14, 2013
The American Genocide wrote:
<quoted text>
Self hating homophobe? Are you kidding me? Homosexuality is self hate engaged in the humiliating acts of sodomy with the same sex.
Try heterophobe Sheep. The fear of the opposite sex. The same opposite sex and concept that brought you into this world that you wish to destroy.
B`A`A`A`A`A`A`A`A`A`A
What is a same sex couple does not engage is anal sex?

How does a same sex relationship have anything to do with an opposite sex relationship?

You MUST be kidding me right?

Santa Cruz, CA

#40 Feb 14, 2013
What if....?

Tawas City, Michigan

#41 Feb 14, 2013
The American Genocide wrote:
<quoted text>
So is that a tacit admission that it is gays that molest children? Because that sure does sound like an admission to me.
Read your own statement please.
A small percentage of gays & straights both molest kids; I've never claimed otherwise.

The overwhelming majority of priests are gay. A small percentage of them sexually abused young men in their charge.

Where did I ever state otherwise?

“Mystical Atheism for everyone!”

Since: Nov 08

El Cerrito California

#42 Feb 14, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
It's way too late to ask that question. Historically, gays have been targeted right along with Jews for cleansing. As I'm sure you're aware, the only difference between a Jew and a faggot in Nazi Germany was whether their clothing bore just one triangle or two triangles placed atop one another with inverted orientation.
The question is whether and when Christianity will begin its journey out of hatred and violence.
Forgive me if I wasn't clear enough. I know that homosexuals were victims of the holocaust as well as the Jews.

But what I am concerned with is the current support of so many right wing fundamentalists, including the Catholics, for the Ugandan situation which could very well open the door for another holocaust.

I am shocked that such a large part of humanity can even think of being this murderous after the lesson humanity should have learned from the Nazi Holocaust that happened in recent times.

This is not meant to diminish what has happened in the past to homosexuals who were just as wrongly persecuted as the Jews by so called Christians.
jesuschrist blows donkeys

Pittston, PA

#44 Feb 14, 2013
lots of donkeys in italy get molested by bishops and cardinals, now that little boys are off limits.
St. Francis of Asissy

Warwick, RI

#45 Feb 14, 2013
They can't support the gays but boy can they hide pedophiles and help them avoid prosecution.

DNF

“Judge more and you love less”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH-Baltimore MD-S.Fla

#46 Feb 14, 2013
We all know the term "alternate lifestyle" is simply a euphemism created by the anti-gay industry to try to mask their bigotry and 'ChriSTAIN' behavior.

My thanks to 'synper' for always reminding me to pay attention to the terms used and their definitions (both the real and perceived definitions).

DNF

#47 Feb 14, 2013
Grandpasmurf952 wrote:
It isn't just the Pope of a homophobic church that worries me,
What really concerns me about the Uganda situation is the question that keeps going through my mind, "will the whole world watch in silence as this horrible crime against humanity is committed with the approval of hate and fear based religions such as the Roman Catholic Church?"
Is this going to be another holocaust based on biblical ignorance and blatant bigotry as Christianity turns it's head on the atrocity as much of it did in Nazi Germany?
Is homophobia going to be added to antisemitism as the hate is cultivated by these churches that falsely call themselves Christian?
We all need to get informed as to the evil nature of the Roman hoax of Christianity and it's many derivatives that deny the Jewish GOD and the Jewish Jesus and get involved in restoring true Christianity based on the OMNIPRESENT GOD of Israel to humanity that is even now being found to be in accord with the latest scientific findings concerning the nature of the Cosmos!
GOD is LOVE. WE are ALL ONE WITH GOD, even the unloving!
Worth repeating. My thanks and bless you.

The Vatican stayed silent on the Holocaust in WW2. There's no reason to think they will behave differently now.

DNF

#48 Feb 14, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
It's way too late to ask that question. Historically, gays have been targeted right along with Jews for cleansing. As I'm sure you're aware, the only difference between a Jew and a faggot in Nazi Germany was whether their clothing bore just one triangle or two triangles placed atop one another with inverted orientation.
The question is whether and when Christianity will begin its journey out of hatred and violence.
I think "Christianity" already began that with the Protestant movement. Unfortunately many of the resulting forms became just as dirty and perverted as the form they decided to leave.

On a side note let's also remember that gays were given the pink triangle POINTING DOWN as a way of portraying them as even lower than the Jews.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 22 min Michael 560,597
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 13 hr Mr Sir 8,723
Pope challenges Muslims to condemn violence Fri QUITTNER Dec 26 2014 4
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Dec 23 USA Born 83,901
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... Dec 23 woodtick57 4
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... Dec 22 John 4
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 21 Raymond F Rice 2
More from around the web