Vatican: Pope Doesn't Back Gay Marriage

Jan 5, 2014 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News Max

The Vatican on Sunday denied Italian media reports that recent comments by Pope Francis signalled his openness to the legal recognition of same-sex unions in Italy.

Comments
1 - 20 of 20 Comments Last updated Jan 6, 2014

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#1 Jan 5, 2014
Not yet....

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#3 Jan 5, 2014
Never will.

Since: May 12

Livonia, MI

#4 Jan 5, 2014
So what?

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#5 Jan 5, 2014
Never say never.

Pope Francis is laying the groundwork for the coming "revelation from god" that directs the catholic church to marry same-sex couples.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#6 Jan 5, 2014
Who cares!!!
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#7 Jan 5, 2014
We don't back the Pope's marriage either
.
What self-respecting gay man in his right mind would ever want to marry a Ratzinger?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#8 Jan 5, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
Never say never.
Pope Francis is laying the groundwork for the coming "revelation from god" that directs the catholic church to marry same-sex couples.
It really doesn't work that way in the RCC.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#9 Jan 5, 2014
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
It really doesn't work that way in the RCC.
The CORE belief of Catholics is that the Pope is infallible when it comes to church doctrine.

Papal infallibility & petrine supremacy.

Without that dogma the catholics are no different than the protestants or Baptist or other Christians.
GrapeJam

Memphis, TN

#10 Jan 5, 2014
I'm atheist so I don't care about what he thinks. Even if he did change his stance, the religious fanatics probably wouldn't change. Haters gonna hate.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#11 Jan 5, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
The CORE belief of Catholics is that the Pope is infallible when it comes to church doctrine.
Papal infallibility & petrine supremacy.
Without that dogma the catholics are no different than the protestants or Baptist or other Christians.
You're referring to the Papal Infallibility dogma promulgated at the First Vatican Council, also referred to as "speaking ex cathedra" (speaking from the throne). Since Vat I, all popes combined have spoken ex cathedra only 8 times, and NEVER to loosen any restrictions, but to heap more crap on the pile.

Vatican II circumscribed and limited ex cathedra pronouncements.

Technically, in matters of faith and doctrine, there are two avenues to purported "infallibility': unanimous pronouncement by all the bishops of the church collectively, and the pope speaking ex cathedra.

Realistically, they have no way of going backward. They have no reverse gear.
david traversa

Catamarca, Argentina

#12 Jan 5, 2014
None of his business ; let him go on doing things for the poor , which IS his business .
Christsharia Law

Philadelphia, PA

#13 Jan 5, 2014
So what? The Vatican's clown car is now a Tesla that could burst into flames at any moment rather than a Pinto.

The question is not about the Pope or about the Vatican, the immediate question is when Italy will have marriage equality.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#14 Jan 5, 2014
Christsharia Law wrote:
So what? The Vatican's clown car is now a Tesla that could burst into flames at any moment rather than a Pinto.
The question is not about the Pope or about the Vatican, the immediate question is when Italy will have marriage equality.
Hey now.....be nice towards Pinto's.......I had a 1975 Pinto as my first car and it was great......even got 9 people in it and was even able to drive it with those 9 people in it.......lol!!!
Christsharia Law

Philadelphia, PA

#15 Jan 5, 2014
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey now.....be nice towards Pinto's.......I had a 1975 Pinto as my first car and it was great......even got 9 people in it and was even able to drive it with those 9 people in it.......lol!!!
Exposed gas tank in the rear, just like those cool, UK sports cars that never got the Pinto rep for exploding gas tanks when hit from the back by another car, though they shared the tendency. The ones with the 45 degree sloped, small trunk lid in back....

MGs, or was it another one? I forget.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#16 Jan 5, 2014
Christsharia Law wrote:
<quoted text>
Exposed gas tank in the rear, just like those cool, UK sports cars that never got the Pinto rep for exploding gas tanks when hit from the back by another car, though they shared the tendency. The ones with the 45 degree sloped, small trunk lid in back....
MGs, or was it another one? I forget.
Don't know, but I do know that the 1975 Pinto was the last year that the bumpers were the heavy steel type and not so easy to get to the gas tank.......never had a problem with mine and move from it to a brand new 1984 Ford Escort:-)

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#17 Jan 6, 2014
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
It really doesn't work that way in the RCC.
I tend to agree. Don't think it will happen unless there is a schism, and this guy seems to be doing what he can to unify the Church. He has just stated that SSM is unnatural.
Christaliban

Philadelphia, PA

#18 Jan 6, 2014
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know, but I do know that the 1975 Pinto was the last year that the bumpers were the heavy steel type and not so easy to get to the gas tank.......never had a problem with mine and move from it to a brand new 1984 Ford Escort:-)
They had a history of such incidents. Not every Pinto owner died in the car as a result of the design.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#19 Jan 6, 2014
Christaliban wrote:
<quoted text>
They had a history of such incidents. Not every Pinto owner died in the car as a result of the design.
I know that......just jousting with ya.......lol!!!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#20 Jan 6, 2014
JohnInToronto wrote:
<quoted text>
I tend to agree. Don't think it will happen unless there is a schism, and this guy seems to be doing what he can to unify the Church. He has just stated that SSM is unnatural.
According to the cosmology of the Aristotelian proto-scholastics of the 12 Century, and their conceptual followers, it is.

They don't mean "nature" the way science does.

For them, "nature" means the idealized organizational structure of their imaginings.

It isn't the way that they imagine nature SHOULD be, so it isn't "natural".
Christaliban

Philadelphia, PA

#21 Jan 6, 2014
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that......just jousting with ya.......lol!!!
Boom!

Sorry, I rear ended your Pinto.

I wonder if the various Pope mobiles have this design flaw? Rear ending is an occupational hazard in the upper echelons of the RCC....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min atemcowboy 539,202
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes 4 hr ELIAS IBARRA 47
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 28 Maverick 8,274
Filipino Catholics hails new saints Aug 28 ELIAS IBARRA 45
Agenda for Pope's apostolic visit to Sri Lanka ... Aug 27 Ponniah 1
Allah is great.... (Jul '13) Aug 26 christ 170
Cuba to build first Catholic church in decades Aug 25 WE JUST DONT CARE 37
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••