Unusual Mass Turns Anglicans Catholic

Unusual Mass Turns Anglicans Catholic

There are 80 comments on the Patch.com story from Jul 3, 2012, titled Unusual Mass Turns Anglicans Catholic. In it, Patch.com reports that:

Nearly 500 years after the Church of England broke away from Roman Catholicism, a small group of Episcopalians returned to the fold Tuesday during a special Mass at Mission Basilica in San Juan Capistrano.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#64 Jul 12, 2012
Cathoholic wrote:
<quoted text>
Goodness gracious! You should find out what Catholics (Latin Rite and all the others) actually believe ...
According to M-Way, he spent time in a Roman seminary; apparently it didn't work out well for either party.
George

Jacksonville, FL

#65 Jul 12, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
According to M-Way, he spent time in a Roman seminary; apparently it didn't work out well for either party.
With all the problems the RCC has had with priests and seminarians, Muddled Way was kicked to the curb. Imagine just how bad his psych evaluation must have been

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#66 Jul 12, 2012
Cathoholic wrote:
<quoted text>
Goodness gracious! You should find out what Catholics (Latin Rite and all the others) actually believe before you disparage it.
Goodness, you should go study in Rome and THEN give you opinion.

Otherwise you're just talking about things you have no idea about.

Typical for a roman - do as we tell you, not as we do...

The Mountain Empire

#67 Jul 12, 2012
George wrote:
<quoted text>
With all the problems the RCC has had with priests and seminarians, Muddled Way was kicked to the curb. Imagine just how bad his psych evaluation must have been
LOL!

The glass is always cracked with you, no wonder you can't see straight!

MW was accepted.

MW was talked to during seminary years about being Bishop material.

MW left after studying in Rome and seeing first hand what goes on in the 'sacred' city.

MW met Jesus and hasn't looked back since.........

The Mountain Empire

#68 Jul 12, 2012
NOW, if we could just find some wives for joline and georgiekins they could be honest instead of the liars they are.

LOL..........

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#69 Jul 12, 2012
MiddleWay wrote:
MW met Jesus and hasn't looked back since.........
Rear view mirrors don't count; objects can look larger than they actually are.

The Mountain Empire

#70 Jul 12, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not using anything but my head, heart and relationship with Jesus.

That's what keeps throwing you off.....

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#71 Jul 12, 2012
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not using anything but my head, heart and relationship with Jesus ...
... unless that relationship is guided by scripture, it has no sure direction.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#72 Jul 12, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!....

If you are looking for Jesus in the rearview mirror, you are running away from Him.

Gaurantee #1: Jesus is no bigger than He actually is.

So. If you think He appears larger than He actually is, your perception of Him needs a reconsideration.

If you don't think you've never actually met Him, just get in line and stay in line. He will eventually get to you and you will be better for it.

Rev. Ken

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#73 Jul 12, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
... unless that relationship is guided by scripture, it has no sure direction.
You are welcome to hold the map and the guide in your hand, checking it frequently to make sure you are on the right path. But, when you have reached the intended destination and are standing face to face with the Man, you have to put the map and guide down and reach forward, extending an open hand.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#74 Jul 12, 2012
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage license anyone?
LOL..........
Hoping to be able to get one soon...maybe next year.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#75 Jul 12, 2012
RevKen wrote:
Gaurantee #1: Jesus is no bigger than He actually is.
So. If you think He appears larger than He actually is, your perception of Him needs a reconsideration ...
What was the name of that popular sermon by a famous Episcopal clergyman: "Is you God too small?"
pfcratzinger

San Antonio, TX

#77 Jul 12, 2012
MW need take his meds

MW haz cheezburger?

“Boot to the Head”

Since: Jul 08

Mogadore, OH

#78 Jul 12, 2012
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
Goodness, you should go study in Rome and THEN give you opinion.
Otherwise you're just talking about things you have no idea about.
Typical for a roman - do as we tell you, not as we do...
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
I mean like the ones who put Jesus to death,
And hear I thought he gave it willingly. For our salvation.
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
the ones who are polytheists,
Not what the Church teaches nor believes.
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
the ones who put Jesus to death weekly

Not what the Church teaches nor believes. Nor would it be possible.
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
and eat Him,

Correct! As he commanded.
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
the only group to keep Jesus hanging on the cross,
Do you mean an image of the sacrifice he made out of love for you and me? Catholics are far from the only people who wear or keep images of the Crucifixion.
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
the ones who rape children,
Any abuse of children is a tragedy. However the Catholic Church is far from even the largest offender. Check the statistics for protestant denominations, any organized religion, public schools, youth sports etc.
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
the ones who stray so far from Scripture that Jesus wouldn't know what the hell your group is.
I guess you mean your interpretation.

The Bible (not just selected portions), The Catechism of the Catholic Church, writings of the church fathers and the magesterium. These describe what Catholics believe and how they worship. Not your imagination.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#79 Jul 12, 2012
This is the EPISCOPAL Church...

The Mountain Empire

#80 Jul 13, 2012
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
This is the EPISCOPAL Church...
They love us!

The Mountain Empire

#81 Jul 13, 2012
Cathoholic wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
And hear I thought he gave it willingly. For our salvation.
<quoted text>
Not what the Church teaches nor believes.
<quoted text>
Not what the Church teaches nor believes. Nor would it be possible.
<quoted text>
Correct! As he commanded.
<quoted text>
Do you mean an image of the sacrifice he made out of love for you and me? Catholics are far from the only people who wear or keep images of the Crucifixion.
<quoted text>
Any abuse of children is a tragedy. However the Catholic Church is far from even the largest offender. Check the statistics for protestant denominations, any organized religion, public schools, youth sports etc.
<quoted text>
I guess you mean your interpretation.
The Bible (not just selected portions), The Catechism of the Catholic Church, writings of the church fathers and the magesterium. These describe what Catholics believe and how they worship. Not your imagination.
LOL!

Let's start with romans being the ONLY group to keep Jesus on the cross. No other so-called 'christian' group have crucifixes.

He's been off for quite a while now....
George

Jacksonville, FL

#82 Jul 13, 2012
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
Let's start with romans being the ONLY group to keep Jesus on the cross. No other so-called 'christian' group have crucifixes.
He's been off for quite a while now....
Not true - as usual. Eastern Orthodox (and perhaps other Orthodox as well) also wear/process with a crucifix. Google "Eastern Orthodox crucifix." I "prefer" the unadorned cross but the crucifix reminds us of the price paid for our redemption and that grace did not come cheaply, something the episcopal organization conveniently either forgets or ignores.

The Mountain Empire

#83 Jul 13, 2012
George wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true - as usual. Eastern Orthodox (and perhaps other Orthodox as well) also wear/process with a crucifix. Google "Eastern Orthodox crucifix." I "prefer" the unadorned cross but the crucifix reminds us of the price paid for our redemption and that grace did not come cheaply, something the episcopal organization conveniently either forgets or ignores.
So you get your reminder from an graven image?

Gotcha.......

^see commandment no. 2

TWO:'You shall not make for yourself a carved image--any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.'
George

Jacksonville, FL

#84 Jul 13, 2012
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
So you get your reminder from an graven image?
Gotcha.......
^see commandment no. 2
TWO:'You shall not make for yourself a carved image--any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.'
You are an utter moron. I don't wear a crucifix. I don't own a crucifix. I don't venerate the crucifix. The crucifix can provoke rememberance of what Christ did on the cross (like Eucharist) without being itself a representation of a god. But carry on with your trivial and petty attempts to denigrate Catholic Christians - it surely evidences your respect for the dignity of all men and the spirits that guide your thoughts and actions. I am not a Catholic Christian but many are brothers and sisters in Christ, something most Episcopagans and their leadership have utterly abandoned.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 19 min Seraphima 649,840
News WND Anti-Vaxxer Promotion Update 11 hr friend 2
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' 15 hr make Donald Drump... 47
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 20 I Jus Wanna Live ... 10,173
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul 20 Crusader 4
News The 'Obamification' of Pope Francis (Sep '15) Jul 16 odG nDmdea yoHl r... 100
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... (Apr '15) Jul 14 Hasan Sasirmaz 32
More from around the web