Pinoys in NY prepare for Calungsod's sainthood

Aug 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: ABS-CBN News

The San Pedro Calungsod Organizing Committee in New York is busy preparing for the Filipino martyr's official recognition to sainthood in October.

Comments
61 - 80 of 206 Comments Last updated Nov 29, 2013
ELIAS IBARRA

Barrigada, Guam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Castin wrote:
Brod Elias,
GOOD JOB!
Castin
Toamasina, Madagascar
Brother Castin,

Grretings to the true Brotherhood in the Malagasy Republic!!! I know that the Iglesia ni Cristo have presence in this island nation!!! Kumusta na lang kayong lahat!!!

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam
ELIAS IBARRA

Barrigada, Guam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

dog spelled backwards wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly!
By the deeds rather than by your words shall you know them. Is there a bigger way of worshipping God than to cherish his creation? And this is in the act of charity!
And charity does not belong to any confession. Everybody who claims anything else is therefore no servant of God (to give something a commonly understood name), especially those ego-stroking cults as the INC-Company is one.
See what they are trying to implant into your brain: hatred and dubious ideals! But let them do so, for they are disqualifying themselves. Each open mind can see that.
The base motives of cults like the INC-Company are eye-catching. But base motives are the nature of all organised faiths, religions, cults or how you want to name them.
Donīt let yourself be blinded and influenced by the fact that millions and billions of people are followers of organised religions! Use your own brain and donīt allow others to make your decisions!
Never join any of those earmarked religions! Nobody needs those organisations, for if you cannot find God in your heart, you wonīt find him anywhere. No matter somebody might tell you!
And take your time!
Believe is like love: both canīt be forced
Is there at all more somebody can do than to dedicate and devote his life to his fellow man?!
Dog Behavior,

Charitable works are commendable but the matter is not enough!!! If only the Bible has only one verse mentioning about charity, then, that would be enough!!! But that is not how it is for other commands from God exist!!!

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam
ELIAS IBARRA

Barrigada, Guam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

It is "matinding kalupitan, pandaraya, pang-aapi sa mga nadaya" if "Pedo" Calungsod of the Roman Catholic Church is adveritised as someone who can be transported just anywhere!!! He is still in Guam, one of the places langrabbed by the Roman Catholic Church, for this is the proof as stated by the Scriptures:

"For our soul has sunk down into the dust; Our body cleaves to the earth." (Psalms 44:25, American Standard Bible)

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam
ELIAS IBARRA

Barrigada, Guam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
I greatly admired Mother Teresa also because of all the help she gave to others in need. Even when she expressed her doubts, it only made me realize how human she was. She truly was a wonderful role model.
Sherlayne,

You are one of the bloggers who does your posts in a civilized manner!!! In fact, I do believe and agree with you that good manners and right conduct could still be possible here in the INTERNET!!! Keep up the good work!!!

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam
ELIAS IBARRA

Barrigada, Guam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Concerned_ wrote:
I don't believe in Saints but I believe in people like Mother Theresa who helped a lot of people in India.
I've never heard about Ka Lungsod. Is he one of those local commie organizers who are against the government?
Concerned,

Calungsod is just similar to Teresa!!! The Roman Catholic Church used both of them to pull out a worldwide scam and without their knowledge for they are already dead!!! The dead know nothing underneath the sun!!! Both are still in the cemeteries and not in heaven!!!

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam
ELIAS IBARRA

Barrigada, Guam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

paul shykora arts wrote:
..WE ARE ''ALL''..Saints'..in a way,here...eh...
paul shykora arts,

Many do have the same opinion as yours!!! But the real saints are those who were purchased by the salvific blood of Christ and they are in the Church of Christ:

"Take heed therefore to yourselves, and to the whole flock over which the Spirit of Holiness hath constituted you the bishops; to pasture the church of Christ which he hath purchased with his blood." (cts 20:28, Peshitta)

Catholic and Protestant authorities have also authenticated the true Church of Christ (Iglesia ni Cristo) in the following manner:

"This Church, founded and organized by Christ and preached by the apostles is the Church of Christ....It is the only true Church, and the one which God orders all men to join."

Reference:[Cassilly, Francis B., S.J. Religion: Doctrine and Practice. For Use in Catholic High Schools pp. 329-330. Twelfth and Revised Edition. USA: Loyola University Press, 1926

"....the Church of Christ today must be in nature, in power, in teaching, what it was when it served men through the twelve apostles. It is to this Church that all are obliged to belong in order to be saved. Those people who, though doubtful, deliberately refuse to join it, cannot be saved."

Reference:(Father Smith Instructs Jckson, pp. 60-61)

A Protestant author says:

"...Christ predicted the founding of a new congregation or church, a Divine institution that should continue His work on earth. Matt. 16:18. This is the Church of Christ..."

Reference:[Pearlman, Myer. Knowing the Doctrines of the Bible, p.349. Springfield, Missouri, USA: Gospel Publishing House, 1937, 1981.]

A Mormon Church writer says:

"He conferred authority in the Church; explained the importance of designating the organization by its proper name --the Church of Christ..."

Reference:[Talmage, James E. The Great Apostasy, p.12. Salt Lake City, Utah:Deseret Book Company, 1968.]

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

ELIAS IBARRA wrote:
<quoted text>
Sherlayne,
The works of Teresa while in the slums of Calcutta were indeed commendable but the matter is enough!!! She failed to enter the true Church of Christ:
"This Church, founded and organized by Christ and preached by the apostles is the Church of Christ....It is the only true Church, and the one which God orders all men to join."
Reference:[Cassilly, Francis B., S.J. Religion: Doctrine and Practice. For Use in Catholic High Schools pp. 329-330. Twelfth and Revised Edition. USA: Loyola University Press, 1926
"....the Church of Christ today must be in nature, in power, in teaching, what it was when it served men through the twelve apostles. It is to this Church that all are obliged to belong in order to be saved. Those people who, though doubtful, deliberately refuse to join it, cannot be saved."
Reference:(Father Smith Instructs jackson, pp. 60-61)
Real Elias Ibarra
Guam
Elias - I read that book - Father Smith Instructs Jackson - when I was a teenager - I loved it - bought a copy of it from Amazon.com a few years ago - such memories!

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

ELIAS IBARRA wrote:
<quoted text>
paul shykora arts,
Many do have the same opinion as yours!!! But the real saints are those who were purchased by the salvific blood of Christ and they are in the Church of Christ:
"Take heed therefore to yourselves, and to the whole flock over which the Spirit of Holiness hath constituted you the bishops; to pasture the church of Christ which he hath purchased with his blood." (cts 20:28, Peshitta)
Catholic and Protestant authorities have also authenticated the true Church of Christ (Iglesia ni Cristo) in the following manner:
Reference:(Father Smith Instructs Jckson, pp. 60-61)
A Protestant author says:
"...Christ predicted the founding of a new congregation or church, a Divine institution that should continue His work on earth. Matt. 16:18. This is the Church of Christ..."
Reference:[Pearlman, Myer. Knowing the Doctrines of the Bible, p.349. Springfield, Missouri, USA: Gospel Publishing House, 1937, 1981.]
A Mormon Church writer says:
"He conferred authority in the Church; explained the importance of designating the organization by its proper name --the Church of Christ..."
Reference:[Talmage, James E. The Great Apostasy, p.12. Salt Lake City, Utah:Deseret Book Company, 1968.]
Real Elias Ibarra
Guam
Elias, someone told me Paul is nothing but a "chatbot" - he's not real.
ELIAS IBARRA

Barrigada, Guam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Elias - I read that book - Father Smith Instructs Jackson - when I was a teenager - I loved it - bought a copy of it from Amazon.com a few years ago - such memories!
Sherlayne,

I used to work with Amazon in Fernley, Nevada when I was stationed in Fallon with the Tomcats!!! Now, you could probably recall that in the said book, Father Smith Instructs Jackson, and written by a priest by the name of John Francis Noll, on page 214, this is what can be read:

"Father S. You have told me that you are attending mass every Sunday, and I can well understand that you become quite puzzled over many things. You see the priest clad in strange vestments. You hear bells. You see the people alternately kneel and stand and sit down. All this confuses the convert for some time, and makes him wonder whether he will ever be able to learn how to assist at the mass intelligently, much less participate in it.

"Mr. J. I have observed these things and have been awaiting your explanation.

"Father S. The explanations are not difficult to understand once you realize that the priest deals directly with Almighty God and represents Christ. That is why he is clothed as he is. He wears vestments known as the amice, alb, cincture, stole, and chasuble. The vestments he wears are the garments of sacrifice.

The priest of the Catholic Church are the ones who have imitated the clothing of Christ, and they do this purposely!!! In Matthew 7:15, this is our Lord Jesus' declaration:

"Beware of false prophets, who came to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves." [New King James Version]

The false prophets are in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. To clarify this, let us find out who the sheep is that has clothing. This is what is written in John 1:29:

"The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said,'Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!'"

The Lamb or sheep of God is Jesus Christ. His clothing is what the false prophets would imitate!!!

Real Elias Ibarra
guam
ELIAS IBARRA

Barrigada, Guam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Elias, someone told me Paul is nothing but a "chatbot" - he's not real.
Sherlayne,

I you're talking about Paul who had posted here!!! I noticed that already but I am not one to restrain others on what they would like to post!!! Thanks for the warning!!! Very kind of you!!!

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

ELIAS IBARRA wrote:
<quoted text>
Sherlayne,
I you're talking about Paul who had posted here!!! I noticed that already but I am not one to restrain others on what they would like to post!!! Thanks for the warning!!! Very kind of you!!!
Real Elias Ibarra
Guam
You're one of my favorite posters!
ELIAS IBARRA

Barrigada, Guam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
You're one of my favorite posters!
Sherlayne,

You're one of the few whom I had met here who could really project proper civilized standards!!! You can defend your argument without hurting others!!! Congratulations to your parents who raised you properly with sweetness and tender loving care!!!

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam

“The Black Mermaid”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

ELIAS IBARRA wrote:
<quoted text>
Sherlayne,
You're one of the few whom I had met here who could really project proper civilized standards!!! You can defend your argument without hurting others!!! Congratulations to your parents who raised you properly with sweetness and tender loving care!!!
Real Elias Ibarra
Guam
Elias, thank you, but I don't deserve your very kind praise. At times I've fought like hell. I just can't stand the superstition and ignorance I come across at times. Sometimes they just don't know how downright ridiculous they sound. I believe in God, but remain a realist. Love ya, friend. You're the smart one and I really like ALL your sensible posts. There was a time I never questioned; now I know it's not a sin to do so.
paul mshykora arts

Calgary, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

..I's Am ..most...$$$...successful,here ....yada u....shalom...
ELIAS IBARRA

Yigo, Guam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Elias, thank you, but I don't deserve your very kind praise. At times I've fought like hell. I just can't stand the superstition and ignorance I come across at times. Sometimes they just don't know how downright ridiculous they sound. I believe in God, but remain a realist. Love ya, friend. You're the smart one and I really like ALL your sensible posts. There was a time I never questioned; now I know it's not a sin to do so.
Sherlayne,

To question things which you don't understand is an expression of wisdom!!! Others though wake up in the morning without wiping the morning glory of the past and then proceed right away to unverified gossipmongerings!!!

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam
ELIAS IBARRA

Yigo, Guam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Sherlayne,

Roman Catholic members not only questioned the spurious teachings of their church but expose as well the crimes of the Vatican as evidenced by the statement of a lawyer professor in a Catholic university:

"In contemporary history one is reminded again of the scandals in the center of Roman Catholicism. Bank scandals, counterfeiting, laundering of Mafia money from illegal business,(Narcotics, prostitution, kidnapping, etc.) name it you have it, kickbacks, hidden wealth-connections with the Mafia, the CIA, Communists and subtle hypocritical connections within the P2 (Propaganda Due-a secret and powerful Masonic Group headed by Licio Gelli).

"The graft and corruption involves billions of dollars. All these eventually leads to the untimely and tragic death of Pope John 1 (Albino Cardinal Luciani) who occupied the papacy for only 33 days ending on September 28, 1978. Research and formal investigations show evidences to murder!"

Reference:(Fajardo, Reynaldo T. Bulletin Today, April 16, 1986, p. 8.)

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam
ELIAS IBARRA

Yigo, Guam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Newsflash!!! "Pedo" Calungsod did nothing when the jewelries of an inutile graven piece of wood in Lapulapu City, Cebu, Philippines were stolen!!!

And none of the saints listed in the Vatican roster had made an apparition to restrain the Roman Catholic gangster cliques from pushing through with the crime!!!

Take notice though that the graven image never shed blood and tears, in opposition to Catholic advertisements, for she remained motionless like the biblical scarecrow!!!

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam
ELIAS IBARRA

Yigo, Guam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

Catholic and Protestant charities is not helping but scamming!!! These Catholic and Protestant charities get their money from private individials who are not even members of their respective religion!!! No charity work from them comes from their own volition for no money deposited by them in banks are withdrawn during times of calamities!!!

While Iglesia ni Cristo charity proceeds solely from our own members and with nothing coming from the outside!!! The listings of the charities in the Combined Federal Campaign is proof enough that these so-called charities are not charities at all but just desguised scams!!!

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam
ELIAS IBARRA

Yigo, Guam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

What's your choice?

[1] To observe Catholic rites borrowed from pagans...

"It is interesting to note how often our Church has availed herself of practices which were in common use among pagans...Thus it is true, in a certain sense, that certain Catholic rites and ceremonies are a reproduction of those of pagan creeds."

Reference:[Rt. Rev. Msgr. John F. Sullivan, D.D. The Externals of the Catholic Church, p.226]

...or to stand by what the apostles taught?

"Here then is my word to you, and I urge it on you in the Lord's name: give up living as pagans do with their futile notions." [Eph. 4:17, Revised English Bible]

"Now, brothers, I have applied these things to myself and Apollos for your benefit, so that you may learn from us the meaning of the saying, "Do not go beyond what is written'. Then you will not take pride in one man over against another." [1 Cor. 4:6, New International Version]

Note:
The Catholic Church has often borrowed from pagan rites and ceremonies. This is a violation of the Apostolic teaching that forbids Christians from living as the pagans do and from going beyond what is written in the Holy Scriptures.

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam
pazuzu

Barrigada, Guam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

ELIAS IBARRA wrote:
<quoted text>
Concerned,
Calungsod is just similar to Teresa!!! The Roman Catholic Church used both of them to pull out a worldwide scam and without their knowledge for they are already dead!!! The dead know nothing underneath the sun!!! Both are still in the cemeteries and not in heaven!!!
Real Elias Ibarra
Guam
You cult members are annoying. Teresa has done more good than all you cult members combined.

Even the dead know more than you cult members. Most of your dead cult members are here with me in the pit of fire.

I'll be waiting for you Elias.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Pope Benedict XVI Forum right now

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min June VanDerMark 533,316
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Married in 8,188
Pope to visit Sri Lanka, Philippines in... 3 hr psycho 4
Filipino Catholics hails new saints 5 hr Hick 30
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... 9 hr ELIAS IBARRA 60
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Jul 26 Link Forrester 3
More Jul 24 True Christian witness 2
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••