Saint Pedro Calungsod's image now in Mindanao

Nov 17, 2012 Full story: MindaNews 149

The statue of newly-canonized Saint Pedro Calungsod arrived here Friday to kick-off the Mindanao leg of "Duaw Nasud," the Filipino saint's thanksgiving sojourn around the country after his canonization last month in Vatican.

Full Story

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#120 Feb 11, 2013
ELIAS IBARRA

Barrigada, Guam

#121 Feb 15, 2013
Ozzy wrote:
Bwahahaha...what a bunch of hot air!!! Your INC brothers would be proud by the way you twist the truth!
Ozzy,

It is the Roman Catholic Church which twists the truth!!! Celibacy which is a Catholic doctrine and discipline is a spurious doctrine of her:

Priests Can Marry, Says a Priest

"They say there are no biblical grounds for a celibate priesthood. St. Peter, the first Pope, was married and marriage was common among Catholic churchmen until the Middle Ages.

"There should be married priesthood. Jesus never intended a celibate priesthood and never in his life did he talk about celibacy,' said Anthony Padovano, a priest from New Jersey who has been married to Teresa, a former nun, for 13 years. "

"'If I had gone to Christ during his lifetime and were his disciple and told him I had met someone I loved and wanted to raise a family, it's unthinkable to me that Christ would then say you can have no part of this ministry anymore,' Padovano said."

Reference:(Newsweek, February 23, 1987, p. 46.)

Apostle Peter was married but he was not the first Catholic pope!!! Rev. Bertrand L. Conway himself tell us that the belief that Peter was Bishop of Rome was only declared in the Vatican Council:

"It was not divinely revealed that St. Peter was Bishop of Rome,...The Vatican Council...defined it as an article of faith that 'St. Peter still lives, presides and judges in the person of his successors, Bishops of Rome'."

Reference:(The Question Box, p.145)

All Roman Catholics, Atheists, Protestants, Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, Bereans, Baptists, Seventh-day Adventists, members of the American cults, skeptics, and agnostics must improve their low I.Q.s!!!

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam
jesuschrist blows donkeys

Pittston, PA

#122 Feb 15, 2013
is this the saint for child molesters?
lol

San Francisco, CA

#123 Feb 15, 2013
Bad things happen to bad people, they all learn a lesson in bad karma
ELIAS IBARRA

Barrigada, Guam

#127 Feb 16, 2013
What's your choice?

To believe like what Catholics do that the head of the claiming true Church known as the Catholic Church is chosen by the "College of Cardinals"...

"The Cardinals of the Holy Roman Church constitute a special College, whose prerogative it is to elect the Roman Pontiff in accordance with the norms of a special law. The Cardinals are also available to the Roman Pontiff, either acting collegially, when they are summoned together to deal with questions of major importance, or acting individually, that is, in the offices which they hold in assisting the Roman Pontiff especially in the daily care of the universal Church."

Reference: Latin Code of Canon Law 1983. Can. 349. Holy See Press Office. Updated: 19.02.2001)

...or to stand by what the Holy Writ teaches?

"And he made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ, to be put into effect when the times will have reached their fulfillment--to bring all things in heaven and on earth together under one head, even Christ." [Eph. 1: 9-10, New International Version]

Note:

In the Roman Catholic Church, the manner of replacing a Vatican Pope is by election through the "College of Cardinals"!!! This body has the prerogative to elect the Bishop of Rome or Roman Pontiff!!! But the Holy Writ contradicts the practices of the Roman Catholic "College of Cardinals". It is the will of the Father for all people to be brought together under one head who is Christ. How this is fulfilled, Apostle Paul furhter explains:

"And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church, which is his body, the fulness of him who fills everything in every way" [Eph. 1: 22-23, N.I.V.].

The true believers of Christ have fulfilled the will of God, which is why they are members of Christ's body--the Church headed by Christ or the organization called the Church of Christ. Indeed, the importance of membership in this Church could not be overemphasized. Those who refuse to become members of this one religious body could not be the true believers and will not be allowed entrance into the kingdom of heaven because they have not done the will of the Father in heaven.

All Roman Catholics, Atheists, Protestants, Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, Bereans, Baptists, Seventh-day Adventists, members of the American cults, skeptics, and agnostics must improve their low I.Q.s!!!

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam
lol

San Francisco, CA

#128 Feb 17, 2013
" Hebrews 11:3 ESV /
By faith we understand that the universe was created by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things that are visible."
Elias love your fellow men and don't preach hatred.
ELIAS IBARRA

Guam

#135 Feb 20, 2013
All Roman Catholic Popes including Benedict XVI exalted themselves as God when they arrogated unto themselves the title of being the spiritual father!!!Which teaching has the men of sin broken with the intention of making themselves equal with God? In Matthew 23:9 is our Lord Jesus Christ's pronouncement:

"Do not call anyone on earth your father; for one is your Father, He who is heaven." [Ibid.]

It is forebidden that anyone on earth be called by the Fatherhood of God who is in heaven. There is only one Father who is in heaven, and it is not proper to call anyone on earth by that Fatherhood. What kind of Father is God according to the Apostles? In Hebrews 12:9, this is what can be read:

"In the case of our human fathers, they punished us and we respected them. How much more, then, should we submit to our spiritual Father and live!" (TEV)

There are two kinds of fathers: one is the human father, the other is the spiritual Father. Who are the men who have themselves called spiritual Fathers?

In the Catholic book entitled, The Faith of Our Fathers, which was written by James Cardinal Gibbons, on page 113, this is what can be read:

"The popes were not only devoted spiritual Fathers, but firm and valiant civil Governors."

Christ forbids any man having himself called father like God is Father. All popes therefore of the Roman catholic Church are anti-Christ!!! They oppose the commands of Christ which came from God!!!

All Roman Catholics, Atheists, Protestants, Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, Bereans, Baptists, Seventh-day Adventists, Evangelicals, Charismatics, members of the American cults, skeptics, and agnostics must improve their low I.Q.s!!!

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam
ELIAS IBARRA

Barrigada, Guam

#136 Feb 22, 2013
Newsflash!!! A Roman Catholic Priest Is Now A Member Of The True Church Of Christ (Iglesia Ni Cristo)

He did his inquiries about the true Church of Christ (Iglesia ni Cristo) in secret!!! Even the one who invited him to the chapel never knew that he is a Roman Catholic priest!!! The new Iglesia ni Cristo convert only revealed his Roman Catholic vocation during baptism!!! The matter is damning to the Vatican Church which at present is undergoing the pain of the so-called "Great Religious Recession"!!!

All Roman Catholics, Atheists, Protestants, Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, Bereans, Baptists, Seventh-day Adventists, Evangelicals, Charismatics, members of the American cults, skeptics, and agnostics must improve their low I.Q.s!!!

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam

He was doing his attendance for Bible studies and worship services in secret because he was a Catholic priest!!! An Iglesia ni Cristo minister noticed him as always writing down the verses being mentioned in the lessons and he asked questions as well!!! And he got all the answers from the true preachers of God!!! Had the priest made it open his regular attendance to the Bible studies and worship services, he could had been subjected to the onslaught of the standard gossipmogerings of his superiors!!! But he did it right for even during worship services, he has to attend from one Iglesia ni Cristo congregation to another so as not to give himself away!!!

Watch INCTV and see him through this media!!! Watch him making damning revelations about Roman Catholic worship of saints and graven images!!! You have nothing to lose but the falsities of the spurious Roman Catholic Church!!!

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam
ELIAS IBARRA

Barrigada, Guam

#137 Feb 24, 2013
The resignation of Mr. Benedict XVI as "VICARIVS FILII DEI" (Vicar of the Son of God), and, which title is equal to the dreaded number 666 in the book of Revelation is a negative portent of things to come in the Vatican Church!!! And the joining of a Roman Catholic priest to the "other sheep" of Christ, which is the Iglesia ni Cristo, constitute the continuing support of the Almighty God and the fulfillment of His promises to the Kingdom of Christ on earth in these last days!!!

The success of the true Church of Christ [Iglesia Ni Cristo] is but the fulfillment of God's promises to His messenger and his mission!!! God Himself declared that the Iglesia Ni Cristo would be His handiwork which no one can restrain!!! The prophet Isaiah recorded this prophecy, thus:

"You whom I have taken from the ends of the earth and called from the farthest regions, and said to You,'You are My servant, I have chosen you and have not cast you away;

Fear not for I am with You; be not dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand'." [Is. 41:9-10, NKJV]

God promised to help and strengthen His messenger in these last days!!! The true Church of Christ draws its strength from this promise which God fulfilled in the messenger and the work he started, the Iglesia Ni Cristo!!!

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam
ELIAS IBARRA

Barrigada, Guam

#138 Feb 27, 2013
The visit of Pedo Calungsod to the island of Mindanao did not do any good to Roman Catholic faithfuls in the place!!! The propagandized saint did nothig to help the millions of Catholics who suffered lots from the onslaught of Typhoon Pablo!!!

Worse, Catholic leaders do not hear too the anguish and sufferings of their members!!! They even abandoned a relative of Pedro Calungsod!!!

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam
ELIAS IBARRA

Barrigada, Guam

#139 Mar 1, 2013
As more and more Roman Catholic priests and nuns are joining the true Church of Christ (Iglesia ni Cristo) as well as the conversions of faithfuls from the two major religions into the phenomenal and dynamic force in these last days, the authentications of both Roman Catholic and Protestant authorities would always come to mind!!!

A Roman Catholic priest says:

"5. Did Jesus Christ establish a Church? Yes, from all history, both secular and profane, as well as from the Bible considered as a human document, we learn that Jesus Christ established a Church, which from the earliest times has been called after Him the Christian Church or the Church of Christ."

Reference:[Cassilly, Francis B., S.J. Religion: Doctrine and Practice. For Use in Catholic High Schools pp. 442-443. Twelfth and Revised Edition. USA: Loyola University Press, 1926

"This Church, founded and organized by Christ and preached by the apostles is the Church of Christ....It is the only true Church, and the one which God orders all men to join."

Reference:[Cassilly, Francis B., S.J. Religion: Doctrine and Practice. For Use in Catholic High Schools pp. 329-330. Twelfth and Revised Edition. USA: Loyola University Press, 1926

"....the Church of Christ today must be in nature, in power, in teaching, what it was when it served men through the twelve apostles. It is to this Church that all are obliged to belong in order to be saved. Those people who, though doubtful, deliberately refuse to join it, cannot be saved."

Reference:(Father Smith Instructs Jackson, pp. 60-61)

A Protestant author says:

"...Christ predicted the founding of a new congregation or church, a Divine institution that should continue His work on earth. Matt. 16:18. This is the Church of Christ..."

Reference:[Pearlman, Myer. Knowing the Doctrines of the Bible, p.349. Springfield, Missouri, USA: Gospel Publishing House, 1937, 1981.]

A Mormon Church writer says:

"He conferred authority in the Church; explained the importance of designating the organization by its proper name --the Church of Christ..."

Reference:[Talmage, James E. The Great Apostasy, p.12. Salt Lake City, Utah:Deseret Book Company, 1968.]

John Hus who was being followed by the reformists had also affirmed fhat the Church of Christ is the Church established by Christ:

"'And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My Church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.'The Gospel speaks here of the Church of Christ, its faith and its foundation and authority. The Church is referred to by the words' will build my Church...."

Reference:[Oberman, Heiko A. Forerunners of the Reformation: The Shape of Late Medieval Thought, p.231. Translation by Paul L. Nyhus. USA: Holt, Rinehart and Winston, 1966.]

All Roman Catholics, Bereans, Jehovah's Witnesses, Atheists, Mormons, Baptists, Seventh-day Adventists, Protestants, Episcopalians, Methodists, Presbyterians, Pagans, members of the American and European cults, Skeptics, and Agnostics must improve their low I.Q.s!!!

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam
Ozzy

Catskill, NY

#140 Mar 1, 2013
Pasugo and INCTV brainwashing lies...get your fill!
ELIAS IBARRA

Barrigada, Guam

#141 Mar 4, 2013
Ozzy wrote:
Pasugo and INCTV brainwashing lies...get your fill!
Ozzy,

It is very clear that your Catholic priests are scampering away from the Iglesia ni Cristo ministers and avoiding debate!!! Why??? Because they cannot defend the Catholic worship of the Holy Trinity!!! How many Gods does the Bible introduce??? Is there a triune God??? A BIG NO!!!

Consider the following solemn declarations of two renowned kings of Israel who were unquestionably men of faith, as they prayed to the one true God?

Hezekiah: "O Lord, God of Israel, enthroned between the cherubim, you alone are God over all the kingdoms of the earth. You have made between heaven and earth. Give ear, O Lord, and hear; open your eyes, O Lord, and see, listen to the words Sennacherib has sent to insult the living God....Now, O Lord our God, deliver us from his hand, so that all kingdoms on earth may know that you alone, are God."26

David: "Hear my prayer, O Lord; listen to my cry for mercy. In the day of my trouble I will call to you, for you will answer me. Among the gods there is none like you, O Lord; no deed can compare with yours. All the nations you have made will come and worship before you, O Lord; they will bring glory to your name. For you are great and do marvelous deeds; you alone are God." 27
So what does the Bible mean when it says that God is one? It means that the one true God is "alone." This word, as defined, means -

"1. single; solitary separate from others or from the mass; without the presence or aid of another; by oneself; as, he toiled alone and in the dark.

"2. only; exclusively; sole; with no person or thing else; as, he alone has the power to pardon.

"3. unequaled in attributes or position; peerless; as, among modern chemists, he stands alone." 28

Any of these given lexical definition does not jibe with the "idea" or "concept" that God who is one consists of three persons. The word "alone" simply but definitely indicates the absolute oneness of God. God Himself declares:

"Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have I not told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God besides me? yea, there is no God; I know not any."29
"Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God, and there is none like me."

All Roman Catholics, Athiests, Protestants, Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, Bereans, Baptists, Seventh-day Adventists, Charismatics, Evangelicals, Presbyterians, Methodists, Episcopalians, Spurious Born-again, skeptics, agnostics, and members of European and American cults must improve their low I.Q.s!!!

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam
ELIAS IBARRA

Barrigada, Guam

#142 Mar 7, 2013
Grandiose and beautiful chapels dedicated to God by the Iglesia ni Cristo (Church of Christ) for the month of January 2013:

1. Locale of San Francisco, Ecclesiastical District of Quezon South.

2. Locale of San Jose, Ecclesiastical District of Cotabato Southeast.

3. Locale of Gulod, Calatagan, Ecclesiastical District of Batangas.

4. Locale of Aguila, Ecclesiastical District of Antique.

5. Locale of Ajuy, Ecclesiastical District of Iloilo North.

6. Locale of Hinobaan, Ecclesiastical District of Negros del Sur.

7. Locale of Lipa City, Ecclesiastical District of Batangas.

8. Locale of Jomalig, Jomalig Island, Ecclesiastical District of Quezon North.

9. Locale of Talagutong, Don Marcelino, Ecclesiastical District of Davao del Sur.

10. Locale of Pili, San Marcelino, Ecclesiastical District of Zambales South.

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam
ELIAS IBARRA

Barrigada, Guam

#143 Mar 7, 2013
Grandiose and beautiful chapels dedicated to God by the Iglesia ni Cristo (Church of Christ) for the month of February 2013:

1. Locale of Camiling, Ecclesiastical District of Tarlac North.

2. Locale of Sugcong, Ecclesiastical District of Pangasinan East.

3. Locale of Agoo, Ecclesiastical District of La Union.

4. Locale of Halimutac, Ecclesiastical District of Nueva Vizcaya.

5. Locale of Bagong Silang, Ecclesiastical District of Isabela West.

6. Locale of Salvacion, Guimaras, Ecclesiastical District of Iloilo South.

7. Locale of Sta, Ana, Ecclesiastical District of Agusan del Norte.

8. Locale of Sablayan, Ecclesiastical District of Mindoro Occidental.

9. Locale of Manticao, Ecclesiastical District of Misamis Oriental.

10. Locale of Catbalogan, Ecclesiastical District of Samar South.

The true Church of Christ (Iglesia ni Cristo) for year 2012 had finished dedicating to the Almighty God in the Philippines alone 107 grandiose and beautiful chapels (66 in Luzon, 18 in the Visayas, and 23 in Mindanao)!!!

In addtion to these, in the same year, and, outside of the Philippines, 12 new houses of worship and purchased and renovated buildings for worship services were dedicated to the Almighty God (5 in Europe, 5 in the United States and Canada, and two in Japan).

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam
Anonymous

Quezon City, Philippines

#144 Mar 7, 2013
ChaunceyGardiner wrote:
Is this Iglesia ni Cristo member speaking for his cult when he says that Pedro Calunsgod didn't live Christ's message?
Wow. I would have thought that a cult which studied the Bible would not be so quick to attack those who follow Christ, their savior. The Iglesia ni Cristo is in full attack mode. They are jealous of being second rate, even in their homeland.
inside INC whether rapist, murderers or weeders they are save..
outside INC even its Pedro Calungsod or Mother Teresa they are unsaved..

that's their logic a classical mind conditioning technique teaching of Felix Manalo in 3 days time he go to his room locked the doors with some manuscripts, SDA and Mormons stuff and Presto he is indeed an Angel...

a 3rd angel second rate, even in their homeland.
ELIAS IBARRA

Barrigada, Guam

#145 Mar 9, 2013
israelNOTpinas wrote:
<quoted text>
inside INC whether rapist, murderers or weeders they are save..
outside INC even its Pedro Calungsod or Mother Teresa they are unsaved..
that's their logic a classical mind conditioning technique teaching of Felix Manalo in 3 days time he go to his room locked the doors with some manuscripts, SDA and Mormons stuff and Presto he is indeed an Angel...
a 3rd angel second rate, even in their homeland.
Hung Hang,

To be a true believer or follower of Christ, one must first be drawn by the Father to Christ. and unless he is drawn by God to Him, he cannot be atrue believer or disciple. Apostle Paul explains that God draws people to Christ by calling them thave fellowship with our Lord Jesus Christ:

"God is to be trusted, the God who called you to have fellowship with His Son Jesus Christ, our Lord." [I Cor. 1: 9, Today's English Version]

Those whom God has called to have fellowship with, or union with, Christ were called in "one body" which is the Church headed by our Lord Jeus Christ Christ:

"And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful." [Col. 3:15, NKJV]

"And He is the head of the body, the church..." [Col. 1: 18, NKJV].

How fellowship was forged between Christ and the true believers in the Church headed by Him is explained further by the Apostles Paul thus:

"Having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace." [Eph. 2: 15, NKJV]

With the creation of the one new man out of the two, referring to Christ as head and the Church as His body, fellowship and union was forged between Christ and those whom God has called. To have this fellowship with Christ and to be among the true believers, one must be "baptized into one body" which is the Church headed by Christ or the Church of Christ:

"For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body--whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free..." [I Cor. 12: 13, NKJV]
Members of the Church of Christ are the true believers in Christ, for they are the ones drawn by the Father to Christ and have fellowship with Him.

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam
ELIAS IBARRA

Guam

#148 Mar 11, 2013
priests and popes of the Roman Catholic Church who actually claim equality with Christ as proven by these references:

"The official title of the pope is:'His Holiness the Pope, Bishop of Rome, Vicar of Jesus Christ on Earth...'"

Reference:[K.E. Skydsgaard,et al.The Church As The Body of Christ, vol. 1, p.7]

"Vicar of Christ: the Pope as visible head of the Church,acting in place of Christ..."

Reference:[Catholic Bishops Conference of the Philippines. Catechism for Filipino Catholics, p.676]

"The priest is another Christ."

Reference:[Richard P. Hire,Our Christian Faith,p.154]

Roman Catholic priests and popes claim equality with Christ when they claim and arrogate unto themselves the following titles:

1. "Vicarius Christi" or Vicar of Christ.
2. "VICARIVS FILII DEI" or Vicar of the Son of God.
3. As another Christ.

Why is it wrong for Catholic priests and popes to claim equality with our Lord Jesus Christ??? It is because Catholic priests and popes have nothing to do with eternal life or salvation while our Lord Jesus Christ is the life and resurrection:

'"Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies.'..." (John 11:25, NIV)

All Roman Catholics, Atheists, Protestants, Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, Bereans, "Ang Dating Tumbong Doon" K.Y.J. Eli Fernando Soriano, Baptists, Seventh-day Adventists, Evangelicals, Charismatics, Spurious Born-again, Presbyterians, Othodox, 700 Bar Club members, Episcopalians, Methodists, Branch Davidians, members of the American cults, skeptics, agnostics, and those outside of the true Church of Christ (Iglesia ni Cristo) must improve their low I.Q.s!!!

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam
ELIAS IBARRA

Guam

#149 Mar 16, 2013
What A Roman Catholic Priest Does To Uphold The Criminal Instincts of Catholic "Team Patay":

Priest in sex scandal sacked
Full story: globalnation.inquirer.net

MANILA, Philippines—A Catholic priest from Dipolog City has been sanctioned and restricted to the convent for alleged sexual misconduct while serving in a United States parish.

Bishop Jose Manguiran of the Diocese of Dipolog has revoked the priestly offices and functions of Fr. Reynaldo M. Pardillada, 37, who is accused of having an illicit affair with a married Filipina while serving at the Epiphany Church in Cliffside Park, New Jersey.

Pardillada was last week expelled by the Archbishop of Newark after the New Jersey-based 32-year-old Filipino woman, who also happened to be from Dipolog, reported the affair to church authorities.

She said she finally summoned the courage to complain against Pardillada when he got her pregnant twice and forced her to abort the babies. She said she also suffered one miscarriage.

Margaux Ortiz, PDI

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam
lol

San Francisco, CA

#150 Mar 16, 2013
Yes Elias, Priests are human beings and they are weak in the flesh ...and sinners...

Let's pray for the forgiveness of all sinners.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Michael 554,997
A Gentleman. 9 hr QUITTNER Nov27 2014 1
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 22 hr Crazy 8,633
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Tue pazuzu 9
20 years after collapse of communism, the pope ... (Sep '09) Tue God worships Sin ... 2
Man who sold fake immunity papers gets 3 A1 2 y... Mon Economist 1
Bagnasco controversy over sacrament comments as... Nov 23 RevKen 1

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE