The Pope's Criticism Of Capitalism Ha...

The Pope's Criticism Of Capitalism Has One Wealthy Donor Very Upset

There are 8 comments on the The Huffington Post story from Jan 1, 2014, titled The Pope's Criticism Of Capitalism Has One Wealthy Donor Very Upset. In it, The Huffington Post reports that:

Pope Francis' critical comments about the wealthy and capitalism have at least one wealthy capitalist benefactor hesitant about giving financial support to one of the church's major fundraising projects.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Huffington Post.

Sol

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#1 Jan 1, 2014
If Frankie reads nothing else, he should read John Galt's speech in 'Atlas Shrugged'(Ayn Rand, part 3, chapter 7) before he goes dissing 'the wealthy' and 'capitalism' which are keeping this civilization running.

There's a WORLD of difference between the 'haves' helping the 'have-nots', and the 'haves' being victimized by the 'wants'.
Janny

East Bernstadt, KY

#2 Jan 2, 2014
We'll we need Communism!!!. It is a fair and just system, it is a lot better then capitalism, after all Jesus practiced it. Jesus certainly was no capitalist, with Him overturning the money changers tables in the temple and all, No!!!. Jesus was a Communist and this is what the world needs,
Janny

East Bernstadt, KY

#3 Jan 2, 2014
Sol wrote:
If Frankie reads nothing else, he should read John Galt's speech in 'Atlas Shrugged'(Ayn Rand, part 3, chapter 7) before he goes dissing 'the wealthy' and 'capitalism' which are keeping this civilization running.
There's a WORLD of difference between the 'haves' helping the 'have-nots',nd the 'haves' being victimized by the 'wants'.
F**k your capitalism!!!

Sol

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#4 Jan 3, 2014
Janny wrote:
F**k your capitalism!!!
Wait - let me guess... you were captain of the debating team at FuttBuck high, right?

Here are the Cliffs Notes - you don't even have to exhaust yourself lip-reading the entire book:
http://www.cliffsnotes.com/literature/a/atlas...

The chapter you really SHOULD learn how to read:
http://www.cliffsnotes.com/literature/a/atlas...
Sam

London, KY

#5 Apr 25, 2014
CAPITALISM NEEDS TO BE CRITIZED!!!. It is a very evil system. Do you know why those poor kids that drowned on that Ferry that sank drowned?, because of Capitalism!, that's why. It was greed, modifying that ship in the name of profits. This caused it to sink. Another thing, I got a Brother in law who is a talented and experienced Coal miner, he tried to get a job at a Coal company in my area, they would not hire Him. He tried and tried to get a job there yet they turned Him down. The person that did the hiring there even had the audacity to say that 2 people quit one day. Obviously, if 2 people quit, they would have at least needed to hire someone!. But there was retribution!. See, this Coal company wanted to build a 600MW Power plant in my area at the time. I put a stop to that one!!!. I wrote the EPA good convincing letters why this power plant shouldn't be built and I personally hired me a Satanist to cast a spell on this power plant not to be built, needless to say, IT WORKED, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!. This screwy a**coal company didn't get their big power plant, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, US LITTLE PEOPLE CAN FIGHT TOO!!!, fortunally. I don't care if I do go burn in Hell forever, IT WAS WORTH IT!!!, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
Sammie

London, KY

#6 Oct 10, 2014
Same Sex Marriage is Capitalism!!!. Capitalism is where you have free choice with your body!!!. Free market economy equals free choice!!!. On the other hand Communism is where you don't have free choice!!!. Therefore the people that oppose Same Sx Marriage are COMMUNISTS!!!!!!!.
Sammie

London, KY

#7 Oct 10, 2014
Janny wrote:
<quoted text>F**k your capitalism!!!
F$ck you too, Rich Ass D$ck suckers!!!.
QUITTNER Oct 10 2014

Toronto, Canada

#8 Oct 10, 2014
RE: The Pope's Criticism Of Capitalism Has One Wealthy Donor Very Upset
Janny wrote:
We'll we need Communism!!!. It is a fair and just system, it is a lot better then capitalism, after all Jesus practiced it. Jesus certainly was no capitalist, with Him overturning the money changers tables in the temple and all, No!!!. Jesus was a Communist and this is what the world needs,
..... There is a BIG difference between Communism and the intentional communities of the first Christians. According to ACTS 2 and ACTS 4 they had pooled their properties, given them to the managements for the use of all as needed. As Individuals the members had no money and needed none, just as all babies and young children have no money and need none these days, Outsiders called these born-again children "The Poor".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 23 min guest 647,082
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 2 hr Iamfree 10,170
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Thu South Knox Hombre 7
News Nation-Now 57 mins ago 10:35 a.m.Pope Francis s... Jun 27 Rev Cash Dollar 1
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Jun 1 Michael 7
More from around the web