United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ... Full Story
MarriedN2UHOP

Mcdonough, GA

#8233 Jun 8, 2014
Trouble in LA wrote:
<quoted text> Banks has his hold family on the hop builders payroll. Again if your connected to the inner circle you can get away with anything.
. I'm sure other people in VA has their whole family on the payroll.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#8234 Jun 9, 2014
Lorenzo wrote:
One of the bad traits of the Bishop is he publicly acts surprised when someone tells him about some of the bad things folk have done or are doing. Like a few years ago he went to Hebrews home in Va and it was rather rich for an over weight janitor. But the pattern is he does nothing about the abuse or digs deeper. This HOP mess is like an onion, it has layers and layers of corruption and cronyism. The maintenance program is not about maintaining anything but the pockets of the folk in it. The church just went from giving away millions to United Builders to giving away millions to theives in the temple.
Brother Lorenzo you said it correctly he has to "ACT". There is no honor amongst thieves. There have been so many people who have taken the fall for the failures of the leadership. The brother that owned United Builders was working with some of those thieves within as well. Personally I believe he was just a patsy. I'm quite sure he got taken care of for his silence; if you get my drift.

My pop always asks me one question. How do they sleep at night? I just wish there were more people bold enough to speak up. The elite in the UHOP are protected because they are the ones who give the members their GOD. It's like the nasty Uncle that everyone knows is touching the kids in the family but no one wants to tell because they depend on him financially. They don't care about the kids they care only about the family reputation in the community. Therefore everyone suffers in silence.
Lorenzo

Melbourne, FL

#8235 Jun 9, 2014
For the past 20 plus years I have lived in an area that has no HOP and in my daily life I interact with some of the best people I have ever known. I began to ask my myself "are all these people going to hell just because they don't know about the HOP? It is clear these folk will never interact with the HOP. Now multiply that by hundreds of millions around the world and I said "this doesn't add up". I am sure that all of you know many wonderful, loving people who ain't ever gonna know Daddy but you know they are better people than almost any one in HOP. That "the worst one in here is better than the best one out there" is wrong and not of God. That is a false teaching period.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#8236 Jun 10, 2014
Lorenzo wrote:
For the past 20 plus years I have lived in an area that has no HOP and in my daily life I interact with some of the best people I have ever known. I began to ask my myself "are all these people going to hell just because they don't know about the HOP? It is clear these folk will never interact with the HOP. Now multiply that by hundreds of millions around the world and I said "this doesn't add up". I am sure that all of you know many wonderful, loving people who ain't ever gonna know Daddy but you know they are better people than almost any one in HOP. That "the worst one in here is better than the best one out there" is wrong and not of God. That is a false teaching period.
This is the reason why they want us to stay in this community and attend services so often. If more people stepped outside of the matrix they would see exactly what it's about. They have their own dress code and language. On the inside you don't even realize it.

That "the worst one in here is better than the best one out there" is wrong and not of God. That is a false teaching period. <<< Brother @Lorenzo this is just the tip of the iceberg of the propaganda that is taught. McCollough said blood would flow down 7th Street and there would come a time when we would have to live together. Well all I see in this community is expansion, growth and my white brothers and sisters doing yoga on the corners and walking their dogs and jogging up and down the street. For all the money squandered we should own this community. Why not close down Charlotte Mission and combine into one house at GWH and turn that in to some shops. Instead of renting out the shops on 7th Street offer the spaces to members and allow them to hire. My UHOP sisters and brothers don't understand that they don't want to do business with them. Your leadership thinks you're lazy and don't like to pay bills. At the same time they take your tithes and G-Class like a bill collector. Everything they build yields prophet. I hate when people say stuff like well if you help one person you'll have to help everybody. That's NOT true if it were properly regulated with accountable checks and balances it would be fine. Why can't the UHOP open a credit union that offers small business loans. Hell they've had plenty of failed businesses. Somebody ask what happened to the Eldorado Hotel that Grace bought in NYC?

You took me off on a tangent that time LOL. While were here with our eyes closed on our knees waiting for some Apocalyptic event to happen others are taking what once was ours.
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

#8237 Jun 10, 2014
Lorenzo wrote:
You are so on board...
The concept that I have questioned for years! It didn't add up. I've gotten more love, cared about, and bible teaching from non HOP members than my whole life in the HOP. I love my HOP brothers and sisters still and will forever, but I got so much pain working with them.
And...I hate when people talk about tough love...they always say that about Bishop Bailey...He's tough...that's what the HOP needed. Let me tell you...there's no such thing as tough love. If there was, Jesus would have displayed tough love. Instead he remained gentle and giving the entire time he walked the earth.@Lorenzo, you were on point.
Stand to Be Corrected

Washington, DC

#8238 Jun 10, 2014
Lorenzo wrote:
No one is asking any one to forget anything. But why don't these victims do something like the Catholic Churches victims? Sue the church. Expose it all. Embarrass the church. Yes, black folk are still suffering the effects of slavery but when I do wrong, I don't holla, " I sm like this because of slavety". Here is a recent example, my grandfather was a pastor in Daddy Graces time and had many children outside of his marriage. Papa was a rolling stone. Last year another child was found, who is now over 70 years old. He also drank as well. He was not a good man a lot of times to me. But none of his sons had fathered a child out of marriage but they knew full well what he had done. They followed the rule, "if you know better, do better". I still love my grand daddy but that crap is messed up. And never forget this stuff happens all the time in every place. I remember a Frontline documentary about the lost boys of Afghanistan, where men dress boys up in dress and have sex with them and it is accepted in that culture. Women are still trafficked all around the world, even here in the US. Sin rampamt and not just in the HOP. I'm glad that so many of you are now living sin free lives. I hope that you could tell the rest of us when you were converted and how we might join you one day, since you are cleaned than Daddy Grace and his inablers.#IwannaBePerfectLikeY ou
\

I quote you LORENZO.... He was not a good man a lot of times to me. But none of his sons had fathered a child out of marriage but they knew full well what he had done. They followed the rule, "if you know better, do better".

CORRECTION...One of your UNCLE'S have fathered a child outside of their marriage. While this uncle of yours pastored in New York City Mother House under...He was having an affair with a woman in North Carolina. And she became pregnant. Had a son and did not hide it. Just to correct you.
Lorenzo

Melbourne, FL

#8239 Jun 10, 2014
I personally know nothing about that. My personality is not one that gets in to who fathered a child or such things. What i do know is that my grandfather did a lot of stuff that was not right and I wish he was living so that I could tell him that. My relationship with all my family and friends is rather blunt. We argue and disagree about a lot of things but it is all in love. Maybe what you said is true but it ain't something that I will check in to. After hearing about some of the stuff that goes on today, and even years ago, nothing surprises me any more. I just say "I didn't know that" and move on.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#8240 Jun 10, 2014
Stand to Be Corrected wrote:
<quoted text>\
CORRECTION...One of your UNCLE'S have fathered a child outside of their marriage. While this uncle of yours pastored in New York City Mother House under...He was having an affair with a woman in North Carolina. And she became pregnant. Had a son and did not hide it. Just to correct you.
Not to bust your bubble, the question should never be what the Pastors have done because they followed the Leaders. Your Leaders never set an example for its people. Do what I say do, were their motto. Yet they did whatever they wanted.

Grace was not supposed to be allowed to carry young girls around with him, let alone let them sleep in his room. I heard many members say “Grace don’t like being in his room alone” and they thought putting a young girl in there with him was ok. What did they think would happen, they all could not have been that stupid.

So when you want to call out what these Ministers has done remember they were practicing what they saw. Monkey see, Monkey do. If you knew how many children Grace and McCollough fathered you would scream. Just look around they all are right there in M Street.
Christ Is The Answer

Fort Washington, MD

#8241 Jun 11, 2014
Gee-Tee wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to bust your bubble, the question should never be what the Pastors have done because they followed the Leaders. Your Leaders never set an example for its people. Do what I say do, were their motto. Yet they did whatever they wanted.
Grace was not supposed to be allowed to carry young girls around with him, let alone let them sleep in his room. I heard many members say “Grace don’t like being in his room alone” and they thought putting a young girl in there with him was ok. What did they think would happen, they all could not have been that stupid.
So when you want to call out what these Ministers has done remember they were practicing what they saw. Monkey see, Monkey do. If you knew how many children Grace and McCollough fathered you would scream. Just look around they all are right there in M Street.
Gee-Tee You are 100% right about that -- because I was one who was "Maid" to sleep in his room...
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#8242 Jun 11, 2014
I'm going to try to keep my cool with this one this morning. I absolutely can not stand hypo-Christians. Brother @Lorenzo opened up and boldly identified himself. People have constantly come on to "correct" others or "tell it like it is." I wish just one UHOP member would be bold enough to identify himself/herself so we could get a fair shot at "calling you out".@Stand to Be Corrected said nothing about how Brother @Lorenzo's mother was mistreated. He/She said nothing about the fact that Brother @Lorenzo reached out to the Bishop concerning his mother with no response.

The beautiful thing about it is that Brother @Lorenzo responded with a kind word and not wrath. I get it though. It's basically tit for tat. Let me see how I can say this. Every ex-member is well aware of the transgressions of many of the ministers. Those things have never been a secret. What has not been widely discussed is the behaviors of the Bishop. It's the religious slight of hand trick. As long as you're busy gossiping about everyone else they can do what they want because you're to concerned with the small men. Go after the ring leader of the entire criminal empire. Brother @Lorenzo used the onion analogy. Keep pulling back the layers and you'll certainly cry once you get to the heart of the matter.

Otherwise greetings @Stand to Be Corrected.
Hebrewsunite

Everett, WA

#8243 Jun 11, 2014
Cultastic wrote:
I'm going to try to keep my cool with this one this morning. I absolutely can not stand hypo-Christians. Brother @Lorenzo opened up and boldly identified himself. People have constantly come on to "correct" others or "tell it like it is." I wish just one UHOP member would be bold enough to identify himself/herself so we could get a fair shot at "calling you out".@Stand to Be Corrected said nothing about how Brother @Lorenzo's mother was mistreated. He/She said nothing about the fact that Brother @Lorenzo reached out to the Bishop concerning his mother with no response.
The beautiful thing about it is that Brother @Lorenzo responded with a kind word and not wrath. I get it though. It's basically tit for tat. Let me see how I can say this. Every ex-member is well aware of the transgressions of many of the ministers. Those things have never been a secret. What has not been widely discussed is the behaviors of the Bishop. It's the religious slight of hand trick. As long as you're busy gossiping about everyone else they can do what they want because you're to concerned with the small men. Go after the ring leader of the entire criminal empire. Brother @Lorenzo used the onion analogy. Keep pulling back the layers and you'll certainly cry once you get to the heart of the matter.
Otherwise greetings @Stand to Be Corrected.
Magnificent Cultastic,
Anyone IMHO who speaks “ill” this bishop and his predecessors is in error, or the devil, or crazy as a “clown", per HOP CULTure... HOP folk might want to brace themselves as the reality of the evil manipulation of these disenfranchised people starts coming to light. The expose’ on “Daddy’s Club” by NBC Charlotte has taken on a life of its own. YT clips are but the tip of the iceberg. Many clergy who have viewed the HOP from afar are having discussions with their piers, member’s, friends, and enemies about the antics of the HOP.. The most common analogy of the HOP, by many of these folks is also the most disturbing. Almost every one commenting on the HOP practices use the terms “disgust” and “disgusting” this is an EXTREMELY powerful word to describe something. This word is usually associated with acts that are lewd, cruel, and criminal. HOP folks should take note of the terms being applied to their manner of worship, and their adulation of/to their bishop. It should cause anyone associated with the HOP, to rethink, and re evaluate, their affiliation with such a heinous organization. This bishop has negatively touched more lives than any other HOP bishop to date,(IMHO) due in part to the many media outlets available to the general public. You would think if this bishop means well, he would use his influence over these people to guide them into the full knowledge of YAHUAH and who they are to Alahym… SMH….in… disgust.

Shalum
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#8244 Jun 11, 2014
Cultastic, you are so right. They can’t wait to find out our identities so that they can spread mud around about us.

Well I say too these UHOP members, think again, throw your punch shots at Lorenzo, I’m ready for you. Until the UHOP do right by his Mother, shut up. What ever his family has done, you’re still taking their money. Your Bishops pimp you out and you still feel the need to defend them, but want to shame us.

Not happening, teach your members the Bible and you won’t have to worry about who shot John.
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

#8245 Jun 12, 2014
Stand to Be Corrected wrote:
<quoted text>\
I quote you LORENZO.... He was not a good man a lot of times to me. But none of his sons had fathered a child out of marriage but they knew full well what he had done. They followed the rule, "if you know better, do better".
And what was Bishop's Grace transgressions? Did he sleep with young girls, fathered many children by underage girls too? Did he have sexual encounters with many girls and women on a regular basis?(Plural as an underrated term) Sin is sin; but having an affair with one woman in New York versus many young reluctant girls in fear is like comparing a baby monkey to the size of a gorilla. Grace was a gorilla compared to the Uncle who "got him some". The woman in New York City probably loved her experience. The young girls, with Grace", were more than likely afraid for their lives!!! Transgressions are only noticed by certain people,....transgressions of the leader is overlooked, because a portion of many cultic individuals mentality become paralyzed. Their minds follow a system that was forced upon them to target one another's transgressions; attack one another. While the king sits on the throne and watches the bitter battle among his followers, he's sinning and laughing all the way to the bank. No one sees it because they are ignorantly following a systematic routine embellished by inculcated practices that denies thinking and questioning specific people; therefore they use the energy and any provoking thoughts on each other.
Just to share....A master through his hungry pits in the yard after he decided to starve them and rough them up a little....the two pits were thrown in the backyard while the master stood there watching them go at each other up until they bled in pain with one ending up with a broken leg. The master finally ended the fight, and both pits were licking the master and rubbing up against his legs. Neither one of his devoted pits realized that it was the master who started their fight which caused the pain and blood in the first place.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#8246 Jun 12, 2014
Eyes on Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
.A master through his hungry pits in the yard after he decided to starve them and rough them up a little....the two pits were thrown in the backyard while the master stood there watching them go at each other up until they bled in pain with one ending up with a broken leg. The master finally ended the fight, and both pits were licking the master and rubbing up against his legs. Neither one of his devoted pits realized that it was the master who started their fight which caused the pain and blood in the first place.
I absolutely love this analogy ^^^.... Well said.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#8247 Jun 12, 2014
Brother @Lorenzo what's going on with the Heat. D. Wade and King James must not be paying their Daddy's Club. LOL, Just a little humor
Married in

Charlotte, NC

#8248 Jun 12, 2014
Eyes on Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
And what was Bishop's Grace transgressions? Did he sleep with young girls, fathered many children by underage girls too? Did he have sexual encounters with many girls and women on a regular basis?(Plural as an underrated term) Sin is sin; but having an affair with one woman in New York versus many young reluctant girls in fear is like comparing a baby monkey to the size of a gorilla. Grace was a gorilla compared to the Uncle who "got him some". The woman in New York City probably loved her experience. The young girls, with Grace", were more than likely afraid for their lives!!! Transgressions are only noticed by certain people,....transgressions of the leader is overlooked, because a portion of many cultic individuals mentality become paralyzed. Their minds follow a system that was forced upon them to target one another's transgressions; attack one another. While the king sits on the throne and watches the bitter battle among his followers, he's sinning and laughing all the way to the bank. No one sees it because they are ignorantly following a systematic routine embellished by inculcated practices that denies thinking and questioning specific people; therefore they use the energy and any provoking thoughts on each other.
Just to share....A master through his hungry pits in the yard after he decided to starve them and rough them up a little....the two pits were thrown in the backyard while the master stood there watching them go at each other up until they bled in pain with one ending up with a broken leg. The master finally ended the fight, and both pits were licking the master and rubbing up against his legs. Neither one of his devoted pits realized that it was the master who started their fight which caused the pain and blood in the first place.
Dang! You broke it down!
Lorenzo

Melbourne, FL

#8249 Jun 13, 2014
Our Heat revival is not going well. We might need to take off this white and wear black if they lose in Sunday. But I still have faith in the King that we'll be shouting on Friday June the 20th after game 7. As James Fortune song says "We can live through it".#Heatin7,or8,or9
member since birth

Charlotte, NC

#8250 Jun 17, 2014
Scales off wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree the music is a distraction. But it is much more than a distraction. The music is the main attraction. The music is the only thing that is a unique aspect of the hop. And because it is such a marvel to see to the unknown eye. It allows the new person to tolerate the lies from up front because the music is captivating. And it is soothing. Also it can be Remarkable.
Watching the bands is identical to watching your favorite athletes. What those young men do are truly a gift and anyone can't do it. Much like today's athletes. You have to be brought up learning from day one.
But here lies the problem. Hop people have no balance. You must have balance in your life if you intend to be great. These kids fine this music enjoyable, yet can't read and right. But all the praise they get for being a good horn player makes them gravitate away from their studies. Because there is no praise in that.
Hop parents go buy their children horns when they turn two years old. But where is the books and the learning materials. This is how ignorance is groomed in the hop. They teach the Children to place their school books on " the mountain" and God will be with them when they take their test. And the children believe it and flunk out. I have witnessed this on more than one occasion.
The parents will take their children to one of the great horn players for them to work with. But won't get them a tutor for their school work. The parents will keep them out late at the hop. But if school time events impede on the hop schedule they pull them out.
Or place them in the hands of their coaches or teachers.
And you keep saying the hop is right because of what?
Don't tell me the people are wrong but the place is right. The people are the hop. The name on that building is as useless as the name on the great western forum. Nobody plays there anymore so it is irrelevant. The hop is relevant because of its people. And if the folks are wrong. The place is wrong.
Religion is a money making gimmick. And it will not change.
I live in Charlotte NC and my father was a well known band player before he passed in 2005. I have 3 sons which yestey have had horns since they were 3, but they were given a choice of what they wanted to do all 3of my boys know how to play and they are all on the a/b honor roll, as well as play year round on a football team.My bills come before travel and I go to hear the word and pay my tithes and offerings as anyone else at any other churh and go home. The problem is not the church at all its so.e of the people, not everyone that goes there is brainwashed. My mother and father instilled hop values as well as real life everyday issues in my siblings and I. So I love God and the hop but the hop is not my life like so many on this board says hop goers normally are or are brainwashed.God is always number one in my children and in my life as well.
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

#8251 Jun 17, 2014
member since birth wrote:
<quoted text>
I live in Charlotte NC and my father was a well known band player before he passed in 2005. I have 3 sons which yestey have had horns since they were 3, but they were given a choice of what they wanted to do all 3of my boys know how to play and they are all on the a/b honor roll, as well as play year round on a football team.My bills come before travel and I go to hear the word and pay my tithes and offerings as anyone else at any other churh and go home. The problem is not the church at all its so.e of the people, not everyone that goes there is brainwashed. My mother and father instilled hop values as well as real life everyday issues in my siblings and I. So I love God and the hop but the hop is not my life like so many on this board says hop goers normally are or are brainwashed.God is always number one in my children and in my life as well.
@member since birth...hello and most of us that post here are members since birth as well with some of us being 3rd, 4th, 5th generations. I commend you for making sure that your kids are well leveled in their education and extra curricular activities. As a HOP member, sometimes there are challenges that come with meeting both demands (HOP vs. family). You stated "The problem is not the church....it's so.e of the people,..." Just to remind you that churches can't run itself. The church is a system that is implemented by humans. If I had a dollar for the many times I've heard this statement, "Its not the House of Prayer, it's the people", I would be rich riding around in my own maybach. One thing our people forget is that if you stand by the building, watch and not do anything...the building will just sit there. The system is what this board is addressing; and how it effects the people in general and why. Pay attention to the system. S/N you may not agree which is clearly understandable, but you and your family are being effected whether you have it together or not...if you are drawn in to do anything, there is a price you are paying to do so...whether indirectly or directly, you are paying a price.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#8252 Jun 17, 2014
member since birth wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets be realistic here, in the south Music, Sports and College was a must. Let’s take College for example, in the north you did not have to have a College Degree to make 50 thousand dollars, all you had to be was in the right place at the right time. In the South it is a must because most of your City and Government jobs are held by white folks. Still to this day you have black folks with degrees working in Wal-Mart with no hope for advancement.

In the south there was nothing else for you all to do but go to Church. Some states didn’t even have Movie Theaters, Bowling Allies or anything for the Children to keep them involved in. If they didn’t have Sports or Music they would have cracked.

My question to you is, are you on Daddy’s Club, because if you think you should still be giving a Church that kind of money with 3 kids. The Church is thinking for you.

By the way, I too was a member from birth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min New Age Spiritual... 574,420
Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) 7 hr david 31
The Persecution No One Dares Name (Aug '13) 16 hr Islam Forbids 5
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... 22 hr swedenforever 11
Most Americans see combating climate change as ... Tue Ed_Reid 4
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Mar 2 Jaimie 83,958
Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... Mar 1 Lawrence Wolf 2,021
More from around the web