United House of Prayer for All People...

United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

There are 10166 comments on the www.topix.net story from Apr 7, 2008, titled United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot.... In it, www.topix.net reports that:

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.topix.net.

JJR

Fenton, MO

#61 Dec 5, 2008
Mr Sir wrote:
<quoted text>thank-you, but that scripture is in the old testament. we are no long er under the law of the old testament
We are still under his word.
concerned real christian

Chattanooga, TN

#62 Dec 8, 2008
thanks
shekinah

Inman, SC

#63 Dec 10, 2008
As a pastor of a church I was glad to read that someone with some sense and education decided to esteem JESUS instead of these leaders. Whenever anyone decide to make gods out of men this is very dangerous as well as IDOL WORSHIP. ROMANS chapter 1 verse 25 declares WHO changed the truth of GOD into a lie,and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. In other words there is no power in the name of daddy grace, madison, or any other so called daddy only at the name of JESUS CHRIST . PLEASE EXAMINE YOURSELVES BEFORE EXALTING ANY FLESHLY HUMAN BEING
hashofet

Albany, NY

#64 Dec 14, 2008
hey wrote:
<quoted text>
shut up ...go to the uhop and find out yourself instead of talking about it stupid!
Oh I've been many times I'm afraid to admit. So I know what I'm talking about. I'll say it again, You're nothing more than a man worshiping cult.

All your bishops including Bailey are lying dogs.
UHOP Believer

Clarksville, MD

#65 Dec 22, 2008
Peace Manu Salah,
I read your comments. Just plain beautiful and the truth.

Now to the naysayers and the unbeliever. In order for you to understand the Gospel that Daddy Grace preached you have to understand the Bible and have the Spirit. Just as there was in the days of old many people confuse the man with the Spirit that is in the man. Moses was a man, but he had the SPIRIT that is why GOD Almighty said he would make Moses a "god" to Pharaoh. Jesus was a man also, the LAST ADAM, and HE too had the SPIRIT and that is why Jesus said it is NOT I, but the Father that dwell in HIM that doeth the work. Paul was a man also, but he had that same Spirit and that is why he could tell his followers that he is their "Father in the Gospel". Bishop Grace and all the Bishops have that same SPIRIT and that is why we can call them "Daddy", not because of the flesh you see with your eyes but because of the Spirit that dwell in them. I thank the Almighty that "Daddy" was in Jesus; it was in Peter and Paul also. This House of Prayer faith is built upon Jesus Christ the Messiah, the Chief Cornerstone, the Son of the Most High God, and the Apostolic Doctrine as taught by the Apostles. The Father(Daddy) and the Spirit of Christ(Daddy) is doing the SAME WORK TODAY as it was in the days of old. In order to see "Daddy" the Spirit working through a man of His choosing, then YOU MUST HAVE SPIRITUAL EYES because FLESHLY eyes cannot see the spiritual.

To those that believe in the UHOP faith remember to show love to those that may be ignorant of this faith. Remember you represent the children of the Faith and most of all you represent GOD ALMIGHTY and His Son.

And one last thought, everybody words are coming up again in judgment, I am not ashamed of what I posted because it is written in GOD's Holy Bible. Remember we will be judged by our words.
shanna

Stanley, NC

#66 Dec 23, 2008
Mr Sir wrote:
I don't know anything about the house of prayer. Could someone inform me on what version of bible is used there. Thanks
King James Version
tikmoney

Philadelphia, PA

#67 Dec 28, 2008
yo why do yall call him Bishop Mccollough and not Daddy . I miss daddy Mccollough still till this day
Cathy

Burtonsville, MD

#68 Dec 30, 2008
I was born and raised in the HOP and to my understand unlike all the bishops that came before Bishop Madison were called Daddy as well. The people of the House of Prayer called Bishop Grace, and Bishop McCullagh. Daddy Grace and Daddy McCullagh this out of love for them. Most of all, because they were very spiritual and believed in God word. And yes I can say with out a shadow of a doubt the spirit of God was in them. Most people when they visit the HOP get the wrong understanding because members are calling DADDY DADDY and not Jesus Jesus Jesus and I can understand that. Jesus is our Lord and Savior and we should be calling upon the Sweet name of Jesus. All power comes through the name of Jesus and most members realize that and most members don't. But when things are unbearable in my life. I call upon the name of Jesus not DADDY this is not because he is a man, but because the bible said place all your worries and cares upon me.(JESUS)said that. If your are born and raised in the HOP everyone knows that we must be born again before we enter the kingdom of Heaven and the road is very narrow and few may only go. No one can get you into heaven. Not even if you call upon the name of Daddy Madison,Do you actually think that if you tell God or Jesus that you know Daddy Madison that you will automatically get into heaven. NO you must live right, follow God commandments, Love one another, have faith, pray, and have a relationship with your Lord. I love him, and I love Daddy McCullagh, but we all want to realize that we have to give a count for our own lives and no one but JESUS can save us. Because he is the way the truth and the light. GOD Bless Everyone.
holyghost wrote:
You are so confused. Read your bible....God places man in positions to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ. Also just saying that Jesus is your Lord and Savior is nothing. Except you come as a little child and believe that he is and show a sign which is speaking in tongue, you are just talking. Daddy Madison was a true savior just as John the Baptist....in all thy getting get understanding before you speak in the future.
House of Prayer Member

Philadelphia, PA

#69 Jan 5, 2009
The UHOP members can say what they want.......I know better. I was a member of the UHOP from Birth and they are a cult and they are brain washed. The Bishops and so called (council) ministers don't want you to fellowship with any other church. They do absolutely nothing for the communities in which the churches reside. They take the name of GOD and JESUS out of songs and replace it with daddy and see nothing wrong with it. They collect all of this money in the name of G-Class and do not provide day care, transportation to church for the elderly or disabled; they do not feed the homeless or shut in. You regurgitate and attempt to feed that same non-sense to others that have been feed to by Price,GUY, Albertha, Swanger, Perry, Dillard, Seoul, Howell and all the other so called preachers(that are known for stealing and adultery) if you want, but no bible reading Christian is going to swallow it. You all can continue to drink the kool aid, but don’t try and passing it on to those who have a brain.
See, yes I can name so many more of your preachers......... I was raised in the HOP. Ask yourselves why do you replace Jesus' name with daddy, why do you believe your bishop woke you up this morning and started you on your way..........because you have been taught this for years and years.....and you do not know any better. Some people in the HOP is so brain washed they believe TUHOP is the only church who is non-exempt (tisk.)
TUHOP is all about money, money, money…………….yes , they own all of the buildings mortgage free……but as yourself, if your were being evicted from your house would the house of prayer give you any monetary assistance without asking the members, WOULD Portal drive( the bishop’s headquarters) send you a check to keep you from being on the street………………………NO
UHOP Believer

Clarksville, MD

#70 Jan 5, 2009
I feel sorry for you my friend. You have become dis-allusioned. The house of prayer is for ALL people. I hope you understand what ALL means because Daddy Grace did and all the Bishops do/did also. I don't care whether you were born attending the HOP or whether you know every single preacher; if you had the true Spirit of Christ, the one that Daddy Grace brought and the one that can be found in the God's House and received through faith/prayer, then you would know that there is a difference between THE CHURCH and the HOUSE and you would know who Daddy is. Daddy Madison and Daddy McCollough, both talked about this. So now that you have spoken, you will have to give an account about why you don't believe and have demeaned God's House, then you will have to give an account for judging your fellow-man. I hope you can find within God's Holy Words an excuse that you can give. Think about it. I'm HOP believer and I KNOW what I believe and I know what Daddy Grace, McCollough, and Madison taught. Don't heap more coals on your head because somebody offended you that go to the HOP. Remember it is FOR ALL PEOPLE.
House of Prayer Member wrote:
The UHOP members can say what they want.......I know better. I was a member of the UHOP from Birth and they are a cult and they are brain washed. The Bishops and so called (council) ministers don't want you to fellowship with any other church. They do absolutely nothing for the communities in which the churches reside. They take the name of GOD and JESUS out of songs and replace it with daddy and see nothing wrong with it. They collect all of this money in the name of G-Class and do not provide day care, transportation to church for the elderly or disabled; they do not feed the homeless or shut in. You regurgitate and attempt to feed that same non-sense to others that have been feed to by Price,GUY, Albertha, Swanger, Perry, Dillard, Seoul, Howell and all the other so called preachers(that are known for stealing and adultery) if you want, but no bible reading Christian is going to swallow it. You all can continue to drink the kool aid, but don’t try and passing it on to those who have a brain.
See, yes I can name so many more of your preachers......... I was raised in the HOP. Ask yourselves why do you replace Jesus' name with daddy, why do you believe your bishop woke you up this morning and started you on your way..........because you have been taught this for years and years.....and you do not know any better. Some people in the HOP is so brain washed they believe TUHOP is the only church who is non-exempt (tisk.)
TUHOP is all about money, money, money…………….yes , they own all of the buildings mortgage free……but as yourself, if your were being evicted from your house would the house of prayer give you any monetary assistance without asking the members, WOULD Portal drive( the bishop’s headquarters) send you a check to keep you from being on the street………………………NO
House of Prayer Member

Philadelphia, PA

#71 Jan 6, 2009
UHOP Believer,

Please do not feel sorry for me, for as you say when I have to stand in judgment I can tell God with all that is within me that I called on no name but his and I never put anyone before him nor do I believe anyone could ever compare to him. Just read the HOP's website all they talk about is Daddy, daddy, daddy.

Once again, you just proved that anyone who questions the HOP is wrong and will burn in hell. Boy am I glad that you weren't the one who died on the cross or the one working the gate. Last I check confessing with your mouth that Jesus Christ is your Lord and Savior was the ticket to salvation. But maybe I missed Sunday school the day the ministers told of the addendum which made that null in void.

But I noticed my questioned was never answered if you follow the teachings of the Bible than you should know that GOD is a jealous GOD, so, when you all sing songs why do you replace GOD's name with "Daddy?"

It has gotten better over the years with trying to force people to acknowledge GOD, every since the issues that went on when Bishop McCullough died. But it is scary when people have to be forced.....

HOP always refers back to that one phrase in the scripture, oh by the way, which you all never quote exactly right anyway. Isaiah 56:7 Mine house shall be called a house of prayer for all people, not The United House of Prayer for All People. So, question, if I am in my house and pray and worship GOD..........Is that also a house of prayer?

I see a lot of talk about GOD and Jesus on your website but that all changes when Bishop Bailey turns around in the same breath and say this:(quote from the United House Prayer Website in the section labeled sermons.)

Daddy Bailey in Augusta, GA, Sunday, September 28, 2008
“I said He’ll go with you. He’ll be in you. He’ll be there for you when your troubles and your horrors come in the middle of the night. He’ll be there. All you have to say is ‘Daddy!’ He’s already there by the time you think on Him.

So in other words I just need to call on the name of Daddy and not Jesus.

And calling on Daddy will allow God to be with you and hear your prayers?

Maybe I mis-understood for those of you who would like to read the above except for yourselves and in its entirety please go to www.tuhopfap.org

Please note, no one has offended me but you all have to start questioning what is being fed to your souls……….your soul is the most precious thing. Regardless of what church you attend everyone should question teachings that is not of the bible and not of GOD’s word. Don’t allow people tell you that they have a message from GOD for you. Get in touch with God yourself and receive your message directly from the source. What makes anyone more equipped to talk to GOD than you? Prayer is the ultimate wireless connection.
UHOP Believer

Clarksville, MD

#72 Jan 6, 2009
House of Prayer Member(Philadelphia, PA),

I never said that you are anyone that don't believe in the UHOP will go to Hell. I said that you will have to give an account of why you defame God's House and judge people. Don't you know that Daddy Grace said that he had "children" that were not of this fold. When you talk about the "House of Prayer", you are not talking about the Bishop, members, etc. You are talking about God's Holy Word. That's why i said be careful of what you say. Meditate on what that means.
1) Now who is Daddy?. "Daddy" IS NOT FLESH AND BLOOD. IT IS NOT A MAN. I said in a earlier post, "The Father(Daddy) and the Spirit of Christ(Daddy) IS doing the SAME WORK TODAY as it was in the days of old." Notice I used IS, singular, and not "are" plural. Why? IT IS ONLY ONE SPIRIT. "Daddy" did not die when Jesus was crucified. "Daddy" did not die when Bishop Grace passed away. Now, who is "Daddy". Jesus called HIS FATHER, "Abba"(Aramaic), which means "Father" and/or "Daddy". Paul said that A BELIEVER is a son of God. How? Because they have received the "spirit of adoption" and it is THAT SPIRIT which cries WITH the believers spirit and says "Abba, Father(Daddy)". Jesus had THE SAME SPIRIT and this is why it is perfectly all right for a believer to say as Jesus said "Abba, Father or for us English speaking folks "Daddy". Now, Jesus Himself said that "Daddy" was IN HIM. Now, everybody understands that, but here is the mystery part. He also said that I AM IN THE FATHER. Now, that's the part that you probably don't understand. Who is I, when Jesus said that. So THE SON is IN "Daddy". Who is THE SON? Whether, you said God, God Almighty, Jesus, Daddy, it IS THE SAME SPIRIT. When the Preacher says "take "Daddy" with you, they are not talking about the men Grace, or McCollough, Madison, or Bailey", they are talking about "Christ", they are talking about the Father. When Jesus said HE would be with Apostles to the end of the world, how was HE with them? HE WAS NOT WITH THEM BY FLESH AND BLODD. You can't take FLESH and BONE with you. The KEY is THE SPIRIT. See John 11:10 and Rom 8:15.
2) There is a difference between the House of Prayer FAITH that is IN A BELIEVER, the House of Prayer building(the place/location you go to worship and praise GOD), and the THE CHURCH, THE "spiritual House of God. Now your home can't be NO HOUSE OF PRAYER building, NO servant of GOD dedicated your home as a place of worship. "ALL PEOPLE" don't come to your home to praise GOD in Spirit and Truth. The House of Prayer building is for that. Now, whenever/wherever THE CHURCH gathers themselves together to pray and worship GOD in Spirit and Truth, Jesus said HE would be in their midst. God's Word cannot lie, HE said that his eyes will ALWAYS be in HIS House. What House? The House that is built for Him? What is it's Name? Read Is 56.7 And HE said HIS House is a "house of prayer", NOT for the CHURCH only, BUT FOR ALL PEOPLE. If one wants to find Jesus, God, THE CHURCH, then you come to God's House(Is 56:7) where HE said that His eyes would be their perpetually(forever).
3) Many people lose sight and become dis-allusioned running from place to place. There was division and discord back in the Apostles day, but THE CHURCH kept their eye on God's Servants. THE CHURCH is still being built today, therefore God will ALWAYS send prophets, pastors, teachers, etc. Eph 4:11-13.
Glad I got out

AOL

#73 Jan 6, 2009
House of Prayer Member(Philadelphia, PA)

Don't let these people from the HOP try and make it seem like they worship God, they don't. If you follow what he just said Jesus called God father and that's where the term Daddy they use to refer to their Bishop comes from..........so now they are putting their Bishop on the level as God. Why else would that comparison be made? If more than one gather in God's name to praise him it is a house of prayer for all who want to join you. Trust me they are forever quoting bible scriptures,but when it comes to down to it so did Jim Jones. When they open service they say Clap your hands for the Almighty God and a few clap and then they go on to say clap your hands for Jesus Christ again a few clap. They go on to say clap your hands for sweet, sweet, sweet, precious Daddy.......whomever it is at the time and the people jump up, the bands began to play and they start to shout and speak in tongues........I know what goes on that's why I am so glad I got out.

Also, Beliver is an unbeliveable lier, when they say daddy they are talking about the bishop, why else would they address him as daddy and not bishop.

Don't even bother arguing with these people they are brain washed and they have to be accountable for what words they spew and who they put before GOD.

A friend of mine told me they just sat down a bunch of band members for playing the horns the bought at outside events because they were not donating the money to the hop.........mind you they were not playing with church instruments, they did not use the UHOPs name and were playing gospel music, but because they did not donate any of the money from their engagements they sat all of them down and told them they could raise money for the church and pay their gclass and sell tickets but they could not play. If I am sat down, so is my money..........

P.S. I did go on their website and they do preach a lot of daddy.

Peace
House of Prayer Member

Philadelphia, PA

#74 Jan 7, 2009
No, you meditate on what you say and what that means. I know exactly what I say and stand by everything I say.

I read your lecture quite closely and truly do not understand your crazy double talk. Bottom line you can not, should not equate yourself or any other with Jesus. Jesus does call GOD father, because he is. You misinterpret the questions being asked. The question was why do you all call your bishop daddy and you stated the following:” "Daddy" IS NOT FLESH AND BLOOD. IT IS NOT A MAN. I said in a earlier post, "The Father(Daddy) and the Spirit of Christ(Daddy) IS doing the SAME WORK TODAY as it was in the days of old." Understandable that the spirit of Christ should live in all of us and no it is not in flesh and blood, however, do you believe that the spirit of Christ only lives in one person (i.e. your bishop?)

Now as for your statement “Jesus said "Abba, Father or for us English speaking folks "Daddy". Shouldn’t you all be calling God “Daddy” and not your bishop if what you say is true? Why is it, as “I am glad I got out” said do you address the bishop as daddy when you present him with love offerings and gifts, why not address him as bishop if you believe the reference for daddy is actually used to make reference to God? No, one is questioning what you call God many faiths and religions refer to GOD by a different names, however they are quite clear that when they call on the name they are in fact calling on God and not a man they believe have the Christ spirit in him……..do you now understand the point being made?

As you stated you referenced the spirit of Christ in the singular form not the plural form “I used IS, singular, and not "are" plural. Why? IT IS ONLY ONE SPIRIT. "Daddy" did not die when Jesus was crucified. "Daddy" did not die when Bishop Grace passed away. Now, who is "Daddy". Jesus called HIS FATHER, "Abba"(Aramaic), which means "Father" and/or "Daddy". Paul said that A BELIEVER is a son of God. My guess is you did not use “are” because as you stated earlier “us English speaking folks” all know that would be poor grammar and would truly disappoint your English teachers.

What is somewhat confusing to me is that some of the HOP people believe that their bishop is the gateway to heaven or the only modern day prophet. If this is true than that would mean those who do not believe in their way or believe in their prophet believe that the non-believers of the HOP souls will be lost. In other words people from all other this world would be sentence to eternity in hell because they do not believe in the bishop and or man servant that you all believe have the Christ spirit?

Please do forgive me if I appear to be combative, but as I stated on earlier post I have been a member of the HOP all my life and when I posed these very same questions to the leaders of the church the Apostles I did not get an answer, I was told to read Isaiah 56:7 , and to read The HOP’s Bi-laws. Mind you if I can’t get clarification from the clergy of this organization, who are supposed to represent and carry out the teachings who am I supposed to turn to for clarification. As you can see by the postings from the HOP members you can see that many appear to very ignorant to what it is they believe and follow.

I am going to take the advice of “ I am glad I got out” and not continue to go back and forth, but before you want me to meditate about what I speak, I think you should meditate about what you allow to be feed to your soul…………..the spirit of Christ is in all of us, God did not choose one person to spread his gospel.
mepop

AOL

#75 Jan 7, 2009
Yes,

I was just a youngster living in the segregated South, in Charlotte, NC, when I first learned about Sweet Daddy Grace, and the House of Prayer for all People. My parents taught me to love all people no matter their race, color or creed, even back then, when people lived divided. My mother told me that I saw Sweet Daddy Grace in the parades in Charlotte when I was young. The marching bands were so good, and my favorite was the Johnson C. Smith University Marching band. But, HOP was great too! Yep, Daddy had long finger nails,and may have been eccentric in his own right, but more importantly he drew thousands of people to his message of love to all people. I remember when he built a big church in Charlotte that was very colorful, and the church on Betty Fords Road. I visited Sweet Daddy Grace grave in Rhode Island several years ago, and God touch my heart, as I was praying there at the grave for grace. I felt in my heart that Daddy was there for me. Just recently, I learned that Daddy Madison had passed while I was enjoying some lunch in the HOP, in Boston, MA. The food is great! You see God is a good God, and Sweet Daddy Grace and the other Sweet Ones will be known for their fruits. Look at what they did, not just at what they said. Jesus said, "By their fruits you shall know them." If you did as much so freely and out of love then go ahead and complain, otherwise, be still, and know who is God! MEPOP
UHOP Believer

Gaithersburg, MD

#76 Jan 7, 2009
HOP(Philadelphia, PA)

Does the "Spirit of Christ" live in ONE person? Absolutely not. Didn't Paul and Peter live at the SAME TIME. God does not give everybody THE SAME measure of the Spirit. Daddy McCollough was a Prophet. God gave HIM that CHRIST SPIRIT that allowed him to do the same work as Jesus. Daddy Grace had THAT SAME SPIRIT, and Daddy Madison had that SAME SPIRIT. It's the SPIRIT that allowed them to speak the word before their words come to pass.

When the Bible addresses Jesus as "God", does that make HIM the Father? No. Same word used for both(THE FATHER and THE SON), but yet it does not imply that they are same or equal. In our society men who beget children are called "fathers". Does this mean that if we address them as "father" or "dad" that somehow they are The Almighty? No. When the Apostle Paul said that he was a "FATHER IN THE GOSPEL", does that make him GOD the FATHER? No. When members refer to the Bishop as "Dad" it is because for them the Bishop is their "FATHER IN THE GOSPEL". Now, does this make the "Bishop" GOD THE FATHER? No. The Bible declared there is but ONLY ONE FATHER. 1Cor 8:6 What did Paul call Timothy? What do you think Timothy called Paul? One was a "spiritual father" and the other was a "spiritual son". 1 Cor 4:14, Gal 4:19, 2Tim 2:1,Philemon 10.

You missed my point with "IS". "ARE" is the correct English. Which is right, "the father AND the son ARE going to the store" or "the father AND the son IS going to the store"? The FATHER and THE SON are not the same therefore "ARE" is correct. I said "THE FATHER(DADDY) and THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST(DADDY)". If i used "ARE", then that would have implied that THE FATHER and the SPIRIT OF CHRIST are not the same, but the Scripture says otherwise. Eph 2:18.

I'm sorry that some of the elders couldn't give you good answers. What they gave you was the "milk" without the "meat", but there is the meat which one must get to understand THE FAITH fully. 1 Cor 3:2. So what you should have done was keeping asking and most of all listen to the words of the Bishop. I have the letters, recordings of all three bishops and i can tell you 100% that they all preached the same thing. I don't listen to everything the members say, I follow the Words spoken by the Bible and through the preachers who know THE TRUTH. Daddy Madison preached hard to get people to get pass the "milk" and to get the "meat". As Daddy McCollough once said, if you don't understand, pray. If you don't get that day, pray the next day, and if you don't get that 2nd day, pray the next, BUT keep praying and keep you eyes on God's Servant.
House of Prayer Member

Philadelphia, PA

#77 Jan 15, 2009
"Glad I Got Out"

I just heard about that yesterday, you know I am in Philly and the band members you are speaking of are from Phila. I didn't hear the part about them being sat down because they did not give proceeds to the HOP. However, there are some issues from what I am hearing one of my cousins play on one of the HOP's bands and on the outside band. He stated they were told by the chairman that even though the outside band is not associated with the HOP and does not refer to the HOP in anyway. The outside band looks like a HOP band and also plays HOP music..........not exactly sure what that means. So they were sat down until further investigation. Because of that and the fact HOP bands and choirs are not allowed to play at other churches and the HOP has the final say so over what their choirs and bands do. But my cousin explained they are not a HOP band just some of the members attend the HOP, but a lot of the members of the outside band are not of the HOP , the HOP should have no say so about what a member does on their own time and with the horns they bought........ They don’t just only play at other churches, some of them have played back up for Jill Scott, Hezekiah Walker, The Roots, they have been apart of award shows and all of this as professional musicians.

He also stated that the chairman told them "if they would pledge their allegiance to our Bishop and swear to never play on another outside band again they would be allowed to play on the HOP's band immediately. Now, I don't know if that is what the Bishop has said, that sounds like it may have been something the chairman and the other preachers have come up with. Because no servant of GOD would tell anyone to pledge their allegiance to man......this is what I am talking about when I speak about these preachers. They spread all kinds of non-sense and then get offended when people speak out about it.. They have got to stop these ignorant statements. They are supposed to meet with the Bishop this week I believe, in order to find out what charges are against them.

If you like, I’ll keep you posted on what happens. I think in the end our Bishop will dismiss the accusations as such and confirm that they are not doing anything wrong……….. The outside band is actually in the process of going into the studio to cut a record…………..They actually have some recording artist who have stated they would like to be on their album free of charge.........wow..........so mebody give me a horn....... So, I hope this gets straighten out.
Special Messenger

United States

#78 Jan 23, 2009
Cathy this is a beautiful response to all that has been spoken here. I am a Christian and have been amazed at the United House of Prayer. My mother raised me Seventh Day Adventist, but would take me to UHOP during convocation season to hear the music and see the choirs. I began going in McCollough's Day - and honestly I've visited up until now. I recently bought a book, a biography of Daddy Grace that showed many interesting things about how the UHOP came into being. After reading through these blogs, there's one thing that NO ONE seems to address that may be VERY instrumental in understanding the spirituality of the UHOP. That is the connection to freemasonry. Daddy McCollough was a Prince Hall Mason. Daddy Madison was a 33rd degree mason, a part of the Ancient Egyptian order, Scottish Rite order and another one. When one studies the belief systems of the masons, it opens a WHOLE WORLD that can explain quite a bit to the average seeker of knowledge and understanding concerning the UHOP. I must admit, studying what masons believe and paralleling it to the leaders of the UHOP will be a scary venture and one that would have to be approached with a sincere heart seeking for truth. Because if you are looking for truth, you'll find it. In my city, there were several families who left the UHOP and started going to another church I was familiar with.(I am no longer Seventh Day Adventist, I'm Spirit-filled). I ran into her on the street and didn't know she left, and said "Saint.....how are you doing, I didn't see you at Convocation this year." She said, "I don't go to the House of Prayer anymore, I go to......church. I never knew serving Jesus could be so wonderful." Her comment amazed me. It was as if a light came on - although she had been a member of the UHOP since birth. I love UHOP because there are thousands, if not tens of thousands of souls there who believe with all of their heart they are right. I am not even saying they are wrong, but I am saying that if one desires to find truth, Truth will seek them out as well. I pray often for the leaders of UHOP as well as my friends, and even family, who are members there. These people can be at death's door and they call on the name of Daddy to help them. While that may be "wrong" and "cultish" to so many people, to me it shows a DEEP belief system that needs to be addressed and light that needs to be shed. So whose heart breaks over the fact that perhaps there's a more excellent way for them? Who wants to reach out and see what they really believe and what's in the heart of the UHOP members? Accusations won't help - just like when Muslims tell you that Allah is God and they need to blow you and themselves up to prove it, you don't believe them either. So let's reach out and ask the Holy Spirit to reveal truth, and if there is error - to correct it. God doesn't want ONE soul lost and if you are a part of the Church, you are His agent on earth to make that happen. I love UHOP members and my prayer is for God's eternal will to be done in all of your lives. I love your courage and strength and pray that it begins what the Lord God Jehovah fashioned it to be when He created you in Him, before the foundation of the world.
Special Messenger

United States

#79 Jan 23, 2009
Daddy Grace is buried in Mass.
mepop wrote:
Yes,
I was just a youngster living in the segregated South, in Charlotte, NC, when I first learned about Sweet Daddy Grace, and the House of Prayer for all People. My parents taught me to love all people no matter their race, color or creed, even back then, when people lived divided. My mother told me that I saw Sweet Daddy Grace in the parades in Charlotte when I was young. The marching bands were so good, and my favorite was the Johnson C. Smith University Marching band. But, HOP was great too! Yep, Daddy had long finger nails,and may have been eccentric in his own right, but more importantly he drew thousands of people to his message of love to all people. I remember when he built a big church in Charlotte that was very colorful, and the church on Betty Fords Road. I visited Sweet Daddy Grace grave in Rhode Island several years ago, and God touch my heart, as I was praying there at the grave for grace. I felt in my heart that Daddy was there for me. Just recently, I learned that Daddy Madison had passed while I was enjoying some lunch in the HOP, in Boston, MA. The food is great! You see God is a good God, and Sweet Daddy Grace and the other Sweet Ones will be known for their fruits. Look at what they did, not just at what they said. Jesus said, "By their fruits you shall know them." If you did as much so freely and out of love then go ahead and complain, otherwise, be still, and know who is God! MEPOP
Rodrick Herring

Greensboro, NC

#80 Feb 12, 2009
Support the band of High Point N.C. and we will really appreciate it. We set BIG goals this year, and we hope you can really show us love. Thanks alot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... 49 min Beauty QUEEN 3
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr CHURCHINGALING 646,717
News Nation-Now 57 mins ago 10:35 a.m.Pope Francis s... Mon Rev Cash Dollar 1
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Jun 1 Michael 7
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May '16 Gods r Delusions ... 4
More from around the web