United House of Prayer for All People...

United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

There are 10571 comments on the www.topix.net story from Apr 7, 2008, titled United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot.... In it, www.topix.net reports that:

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.topix.net.

Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

#8029 May 15, 2014
Lorenzo wrote:
But hey I ain't trying to crash y'all's love affair with each other. I hope y'all stay encouraged and continue to be blessed. Christ is the answer thanks for those negative words but at least you said how you feel..
Wow!!!! To be frank.....Point well taken. This is a forum, blog, debatable discussion, etc. Everyone should realize that there will be people who will be in opposition of others. That's what it's all about. Can't argue with yourself. Can't persuade yourself. Your already persuaded. No one should be asked to leave especially when they're on topic. Lorenzo, I encourage you to stay, even though I don't necessarily agree with all your points....I must admit that you bring thought provoking discussions to this blog for a variety level of thinkers.
Scales Off

Tucker, GA

#8030 May 15, 2014
Eyes on Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow!!!! To be frank.....Point well taken. This is a forum, blog, debatable discussion, etc. Everyone should realize that there will be people who will be in opposition of others. That's what it's all about. Can't argue with yourself. Can't persuade yourself. Your already persuaded. No one should be asked to leave especially when they're on topic. Lorenzo, I encourage you to stay, even though I don't necessarily agree with all your points....I must admit that you bring thought provoking discussions to this blog for a variety level of thinkers.
I concur
Married in

Franklin, PA

#8031 May 15, 2014
Well, Gee Tee, Scales Off, Cultastic, Eyes on Christ, MSD, Christ is the Answer, Crazy, Lorenzo, God's_Friend, and anyone else who visits this site regularly, I appreciate you and all the information you share. I probably was never lost in the UHOP, and never will be; but I get so much knowledge and education from this column until sometimes it overwhelms me. I thirst for the knowledge I get from this column. I open this blog every time I sit down at my computer, and that's a lot! I thank each and every one of you for your participation, your sharing of knowledge, your points of view, etc. It clears my thinking on so much, and it provides the pros and cons on so many things. I hope I can depend on all of you to continue sharing that knowledge. It just wouldn't be fair to keep it to yourself! Thanks, again, to you all, and I hope everyone one of us be blessed.
Crazy

Richmond, VA

#8032 May 15, 2014
Thank you for the acknowledgement Married In , my dear sister but I don't have the knowledge of the other names mentioned but I just like you look to learning from this board and other sources daily. Keep teaching us you guys and Lorenzo I have mad respect for you my brother and I admire you standing for what you believe. Good night everyone.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#8033 May 16, 2014
Eyes on Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
"Someone just got diagnosed with cancer yet has been on Daddy's Club since it started."
Your words were spot on.^^^"Someone just got diagnosed with cancer yet has been on Daddy's Club since it started." This was my mother before she passed away. Many UHOP sisters and brothers don't like for me to talk like this but there is a message. The UHOP likes to put out all of these trumped up stories that are slanted. In the mean time the ugly stories like my mother that are unflattering they want to cover and talk about how "faithful" she was. This happens way too often. I can say from first hand knowledge if you submit a testimonial for the magazine and you don't give Brother Bailey or the UHOP some credit for your healing they won't publish it. Some type of way you have to tie him in to the equation even if you don't say it directly.

If the quirky practices and traditions work we want to scream from the mountain top in favor of Bishop and the UHOP. If they don't work then it's GOD's will. Either way the men are always looked at as a deity. No one will admit that the blessed water he sent couldn't help even the most "faithful" of members like my mother. When we get it through our skulls that our relationship with the Creator has nothing to do with a church or a man holding a church title the sooner our conditions will improve collectively as a people.

Instead of teaching these young ladies how to fan a man and bring him money why not conduct seminars to teach them about ovarian or breast cancer prevention.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#8034 May 16, 2014
Good Morning ALCON.... I wanted to drop a little positive energy in the universe for my beautiful sisters and brothers this morning.

I think everyone knows that I live in the UHOP apartments here in DC so I'm around my UHOP sisters and brother quite often. Lots of people come on and say why can't you show them love. Well I'd like to exam that this morning from a personal stand point.

It is very true that I get some dirty looks and rude reactions when people see me. I of course lost many friends or at the very least they distanced themselves from me. However, for the most part many of my UHOP sisters and brothers are pleasant around me even when they are uncomfortable. The point I'm making is that when I am in the company of my UHOP sisters and brothers I rarely discuss religion unless they bring up the topic and directly ask me a question or for input. If they say things to me like "Daddy Bailey said this and we miss you on the horn; come on back." I engage in the discussion and pleasantly make light of the situation. Even when it pains me to listen to them repeating the things that I believe are not good for their well being I never say a mumbling word. Not one time have I went to a UHOP sister and brother and said: "Man I'm thinking about you I love you, I can't wait for you to leave that place." This forum is different because it's general and people have the choice to read or not.

Love is no good unless you give it away; you certainly can't take it with you when you leave this earth. It's no good to use the cliche "I love everybody" but in reality it's conditional. Our beloved Gee-Tee said I love you and if you need anything please don't hesitate to call me. I can testify that she meant exactly what she said. The greatest part of it all is that she doesn't want any credit. I speak these words to say that our UHOP sisters and brothers have absolutely no idea the wealth of love that exists outside of the small circle of the UHOP once you establish a relationship with the most high beyond the walls of the church. You've been conditioned to believe that outsiders are the "devourer" seeking your soul. Nothing could be further from the truth.

People who have known me all of my life have been convinced that I'm something I'm not simply because I disagree with religious traditions and practices that oppress our people. You want to see who loves you, have a public disagreement with your "Daddy" and see how quickly the love dries up for you.
Crazy

Richmond, VA

#8035 May 16, 2014
GM Cultastic and I enjoy your posts as always. You are absolutely correct sir. Even though it's said in the HOP they just want you to respect the bishop as such, the minute you voice your opinion or a concern publically the love you once received will soon decrease from the pastors on down regardless of what position you held or how many floors you paid. Plainly put, agree in public and keep your personal opinion to yourself. Try testifying and say "loved ones I thank god for bishop bailey" then see how many heads pop up. You'll be the talk of the cafeteria during ad after service. Any disputers?
Scales off

Tucker, GA

#8036 May 16, 2014
Cultastic wrote:
Good Morning ALCON.... I wanted to drop a little positive energy in the universe for my beautiful sisters and brothers this morning.
I think everyone knows that I live in the UHOP apartments here in DC so I'm around my UHOP sisters and brother quite often. Lots of people come on and say why can't you show them love. Well I'd like to exam that this morning from a personal stand point.
It is very true that I get some dirty looks and rude reactions when people see me. I of course lost many friends or at the very least they distanced themselves from me. However, for the most part many of my UHOP sisters and brothers are pleasant around me even when they are uncomfortable. The point I'm making is that when I am in the company of my UHOP sisters and brothers I rarely discuss religion unless they bring up the topic and directly ask me a question or for input. If they say things to me like "Daddy Bailey said this and we miss you on the horn; come on back." I engage in the discussion and pleasantly make light of the situation. Even when it pains me to listen to them repeating the things that I believe are not good for their well being I never say a mumbling word. Not one time have I went to a UHOP sister and brother and said: "Man I'm thinking about you I love you, I can't wait for you to leave that place." This forum is different because it's general and people have the choice to read or not.
Love is no good unless you give it away; you certainly can't take it with you when you leave this earth. It's no good to use the cliche "I love everybody" but in reality it's conditional.
So true. So true indeed.

Unfortunately, I can say those guys never loved you in the first place. It all honesty I can feel your pain now. Thinking about the lost relationships just because you don't agree with them.(I have some of the same issues.)

And nor should you agree with them, we were created equal but not identical. Your facts are yours and their opinions are theirs.

I know some of the Guys on the stones love you without a doubt. And then there is some that played with you for years and don't know a single thing about you and we classified them as friends.
But in reality they are not.

They are just aquaintenaces. There is no such thing as best friends only true friends and aquaintenaces. We mistakenly categorize our aquaintenaces for friends and we end hurting ourselves because we trust them on the level of a friend when in actuality they are not.

I love you bro. And on another note. You were a bad boy on that horn. Liked you better with the stones than I did with Portsmouth.

But at any rate. True love don't die. When you really love someone you are with them regardless of your differences. It's called brotherhood. And all though we talked it in the hop. It really don't exist if you are out of bounds.

If you fall out of bounds you are then ostracized and become cancer to the members. Now aquaintenaces are afraid to speak to you because they don't want to be labeled the lepor either.

But it's ok I know your story and man do I appreciate your story. When I read you hop dissertation I was overjoyed to know that I had someone in the hop that felt like me.
I love u bro.
Scales off

Tucker, GA

#8037 May 16, 2014
Cultastic wrote:
Good Morning ALCON.... I wanted to drop a little positive energy
Love is no good unless you give it away; you certainly can't take it with you when you leave this earth. It's no good to use the cliche "I love everybody" but in reality it's conditional.
So true. So true indeed.

Unfortunately, I can say those guys never loved you in the first place. It all honesty I can feel your pain now. Thinking about the lost relationships just because you don't agree with them.(I have some of the same issues.)

And nor should you agree with them, we were created equal but not identical. Your facts are yours and their opinions are theirs.

I know some of the Guys on the stones love you without a doubt. And then there is some that played with you for years and don't know a single thing about you and we classified them as friends.
But in reality they are not.

They are just aquaintenaces. There is no such thing as best friends only true friends and aquaintenaces. We mistakenly categorize our aquaintenaces for friends and we end hurting ourselves because we trust them on the level of a friend when in actuality they are not.

I love you bro. And on another note. You were a bad boy on that horn. Liked you better with the stones than I did with Portsmouth.

But at any rate. True love don't die. When you really love someone you are with them regardless of your differences. It's called brotherhood. And all though we talked it in the hop. It really don't exist if you are out of bounds.

If you fall out of bounds you are then ostracized and become cancer to the members. Now aquaintenaces are afraid to speak to you because they don't want to be labeled the lepor either.

But it's ok I know your story and man do I appreciate your story. When I read you hop dissertation I was overjoyed to know that I had someone in the hop that felt like me.
I love u bro.
Scales off

Tucker, GA

#8038 May 16, 2014
Crazy wrote:
GM Cultastic and I enjoy your posts as always. You are absolutely correct sir. Even though it's said in the HOP they just want you to respect the bishop as such, the minute you voice your opinion or a concern publically the love you once received will soon decrease from the pastors on down regardless of what position you held or how many floors you paid. Plainly put, agree in public and keep your personal opinion to yourself. Try testifying and say "loved ones I thank god for bishop bailey" then see how many heads pop up. You'll be the talk of the cafeteria during ad after service. Any disputers?
The first thing you will hear is oh crap girl they don't believe. They called daddy, bishop! And the eyeing and snarling will begin. Guys on the other hand will be either nonchalant or feeling like the person getting ready to go to hell immediately.

To call him bishop is like calling him out of his name. Lol. I'll stick with Clarence. Or clay dog. Or fat man. Lol.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#8039 May 16, 2014
Crazy wrote:
@Crazy thank you. I appreciate your kind words.

I try to take a common sense approach to these discussions and be mindful of the sensitive nature of the content. I'm going to share a news report below for food for thought. Notice I've often said that organized religion when misused is very divisive and dangerous. Many people may not be able to draw a parallel but the extreme religious mind thinks like this.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/15/world/africa/su...
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#8040 May 16, 2014
Scales off wrote:
<quoted text>
The first thing you will hear is oh crap girl they don't believe. They called daddy, bishop! And the eyeing and snarling will begin. Guys on the other hand will be either nonchalant or feeling like the person getting ready to go to hell immediately.
To call him bishop is like calling him out of his name. Lol. I'll stick with Clarence. Or clay dog. Or fat man. Lol.
I have a ton of names. Daddy Belly is the one that people laugh at the most. Even though I really feel that he needs to be careful with his weight. People in the UHOP wouldn't be able to understand if something happened to him because of health issues. I also use Buffalo Butt, Bookman, or Kung Fu Panda.

Sisters and brothers don't take it personal I just have a wild sense of humor.
Scales off

Tucker, GA

#8041 May 16, 2014
Cultastic wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a ton of names. Daddy Belly is the one that people laugh at the most. Even though I really feel that he needs to be careful with his weight. People in the UHOP wouldn't be able to understand if something happened to him because of health issues. I also use Buffalo Butt, Bookman, or Kung Fu Panda.
Sisters and brothers don't take it personal I just have a wild sense of humor.
Kung fu panda. That's the best one yet. May I use that one please?

I'm retiring Clarence officially and renaming him Kung fu panda. Lol. Yes sir.
Scales off

Tucker, GA

#8042 May 16, 2014
Cultastic wrote:
<quoted text>
@Crazy thank you. I appreciate your kind words.
I try to take a common sense approach to these discussions and be mindful of the sensitive nature of the content. I'm going to share a news report below for food for thought. Notice I've often said that organized religion when misused is very divisive and dangerous. Many people may not be able to draw a parallel but the extreme religious mind thinks like this.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/15/world/africa/su...
Wow....unbelievable.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#8043 May 16, 2014
Some one called him Puff the Magic Dragon, and the name Puffy has stuck with me ever since.

Thereís so many times when I didnít have a dime, Couldnít tell nobody but the Lord. He heard my plea, he came to see about me, heís my on and on. When you push me down, Jesus picks me up. Stands by me when my going gets tough, I got Jesus and thatís enough.

I walked my College Campus singing that song, crying. I didnít get my Financial Aid check and didnít know how I was going to pay my rent. Both my parents were gone. When I first started singing that song, I said I got Daddy and thatís enough. Daddy gave me 53.00 for school did I really think he was going to help pay my rent.

Something hit me and I started singing Jesus. The moment I put Jesus into this equation my life change. One of my class mates said girl whatís wrong with you. All I could say was I canít pay my rent through my tears. He said Iíll pay it, can you fry me some chicken.

I would not have been in that position if I had not taken my first check to pay my G-Class. I truly believe doing everything Daddy said was right. Its little things like that which makes you start to question.

There was no one in the UHOP I could have gone to for help without hearing it again. I couldnít even get a ride home from UHOP members that lived on my block; they would pass me by waiting on a bus.

Thatís why I stress the importance of using certain word. Itís easy to speak those words, but when you can show them means a whole lot. Love is not taught in the UHOP, Competition is. For them to have a two hour service and 1Ĺ hour is spent on finance should tell the people something.

I promise God I would pay that favor forward, because my class mate wouldnít take the money back. I am a walking testimony because I continue to give where it counts. You cake help everybody but you can sure put in a dent.

I donít dislike the UHOP, I dislike its teaching. The amount of people that stood in this line for 1Ĺ hour to be recognized for the money they were giving to a Man was us real. Where was the message on your souls? If you think God wants your money while you let his people go hungry and homeless what Gods are you serving.

Iím a Cancer survival, after my third operation the nurse said you must know God, you look so good. I told her my good is out weighing my bad. God has to smile down on me.

Since this was Mothers Day, Puffy should have said I give this money back to the Mothers that have sacrifice all these years for the UHOP. When do the people of the UHOP think they too deserved blessing too?
No one saw anything wrong with this picture.

This should not be what Church should be about.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#8044 May 16, 2014
Scales off wrote:
<quoted text>
Kung fu panda. That's the best one yet. May I use that one please?
I'm retiring Clarence officially and renaming him Kung fu panda. Lol. Yes sir.
By all means sir you can definitely use that one LOL. When you look at the picture with the name it makes it funnier.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#8045 May 16, 2014
Scales off wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow....unbelievable.
And black people want to say the reason we are like we are, is because of Jim Crow, where is the Jim Crow in Africa. Why did we stop loving each other for who we were? Thatís why I say the people that dwell on food and clothes will pick up a gun and kill you in a minute.

The UHOP may not put us in jail or kill us but they sure do have a way of turning the people against us.
Scales off

Tucker, GA

#8046 May 16, 2014
Gee-Tee wrote:
<quoted text>
And black people want to say the reason we are like we are, is because of Jim Crow, where is the Jim Crow in Africa. Why did we stop loving each other for who we were? Thatís why I say the people that dwell on food and clothes will pick up a gun and kill you in a minute.
The UHOP may not put us in jail or kill us but they sure do have a way of turning the people against us.
So true. So true indeed.
Scales off

Tucker, GA

#8047 May 16, 2014
Gee-Tee wrote:
Some one called him Puff the Magic Dragon, and the name Puffy has stuck with me ever since.
Thereís so many times when I didnít have a dime, Couldnít tell nobody but the Lord. He heard my plea, he came to see about me, heís my on and on. When you push me down, Jesus picks me up. Stands by me when my going gets tough, I got Jesus and thatís enough.
I walked my College Campus singing that song, crying. I didnít get my Financial Aid check and didnít know how I was going to pay my rent. Both my parents were gone. When I first started singing that song, I said I got Daddy and thatís enough. Daddy gave me 53.00 for school did I really think he was going to help pay my rent.
Something hit me and I started singing Jesus. The moment I put Jesus into this equation my life change. One of my class mates said girl whatís wrong with you. All I could say was I canít pay my rent through my tears. He said Iíll pay it, can you fry me some chicken.
I would not have been in that position if I had not taken my first check to pay my G-Class. I truly believe doing everything Daddy said was right. Its little things like that which makes you start to question.
There was no one in the UHOP I could have gone to for help without hearing it again. I couldnít even get a ride home from UHOP members that lived on my block; they would pass me by waiting on a bus.
Thatís why I stress the importance of using certain word. Itís easy to speak those words, but when you can show them means a whole lot. Love is not taught in the UHOP, Competition is. For them to have a two hour service and 1Ĺ hour is spent on finance should tell the people something.
I promise God I would pay that favor forward, because my class mate wouldnít take the money back. I am a walking testimony because I continue to give where it counts. You cake help everybody but you can sure put in a dent.
I donít dislike the UHOP, I dislike its teaching. The amount of people that stood in this line for 1Ĺ hour to be recognized for the money they were giving to a Man was us real. Where was the message on your souls? If you think God wants your money while you let his people go hungry and homeless what Gods are you serving.
Iím a Cancer survival, after my third operation the nurse said you must know God, you look so good. I told her my good is out weighing my bad. God has to smile down on me.
Since this was Mothers Day, Puffy should have said I give this money back to the Mothers that have sacrifice all these years for the UHOP. When do the people of the UHOP think they too deserved blessing too?
No one saw anything wrong with this picture.
This should not be what Church should be about.
God is smiling on you now. He give hard work to the children that can bear it. God bless you. It is good to know The Lord. And I mean to really know who he is not who someone told you who is.
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

#8048 May 16, 2014
Gee-Tee wrote:

Love is not taught in the UHOP, Competition is. For them to have a two hour service and 1Ĺ hour is spent on finance should tell the people something.
Say it again! Louder! This is something so clear if someone will just take the uniform off, go to the UHOP, and not do anything but just observe. Competition in church offering. Competitin is love gift; who got more love for Daddy? The higher your amount, the deeper your love is for daddy. I feel sorry for those who maybe going through hard times like the unemployed....they just can't show Daddy love being unemployed. Your love is based off of how much money you give.$10 of love is weak and wack! Time to step up, and give Daddy what he deserves. That's HOP love. AND of course....the Big "G". Competition in G-Class.

Say what?!!! Competition is the UHOP! In Classes C,D, F, G... From the Victory Land of States down babies in each house.....competition is hateful. LUKE 16:15!!!! ACTS 20:24!!!! Philippians 2:3-4.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr Mirrormirorwall 683,635
News The pope praised him for providing for his pare... Wed Laredo 3
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Jul 19 Dhimmi Democrat 33
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Jul 16 True Christian wi... 77
News Editorial: The Vatican's Failure in the Abuse S... Jul 13 seemoregood 1
News In Defense of Free Speech in the United States (May '15) Jul 11 Muslim lives don_... 6
News Pope Francis says 2,000 sex abuse cases backlog... Jul 10 Samoht 7
More from around the web