United House of Prayer for All People...

United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

There are 10558 comments on the www.topix.net story from Apr 7, 2008, titled United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot.... In it, www.topix.net reports that:

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.topix.net.

Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#7988 May 12, 2014
Lorenzo wrote:
Gee-Tee there you go again. Your last statement about undermining "us" speaks volumes. I have never gotten an "amen" from any of those, you call "us".
If that is undermining, well I am guilty but someone with some sense will see my point. But it just won't be any of you.#CantNeverGetAnAmen
Iíll give you an Amen to all you has pointed out about whatís going on in the world, glad you are also paying attention to whatís going on around you outside in the world. But we are talking about what going on in the UHOP. Most Churches turn their noises up to Gay people unless they play the piano or lead the choir. But again we are talking about the UHOP teaching and youíre Daddies.
Scales off

United States

#7989 May 13, 2014
Lorenzo wrote:
Gee-Tee there you go again. Your last statement about undermining "us" speaks volumes. I have never gotten an "amen" from any of those, you call "us". It like arguing with a conservative Republicsn. They never acknowledge that the other side sometimes has a point. I have never tried to undermine any of you. Here is how I think through a lot of things. I acknowledge the point and then I ask my self does it apply to this or that. Like when I pointed to the folk talking about issues in the HOP. My mind just reminded me that all these books and letters that I read in my bible were dealing with issues, at that time. Today a brother on the radio was ranting about Michael Sam, the gay football player who was drafted. He spoke about what the bible said and how children were watching him kiss his boyfriend on TV. Ok here is what came to my mind. Folk kill each other on tv too. But he ain't said nothing about that. Folk have pre-marital sex on TV. But no outrage there. Folk cuss on TV. It's getting quiet now. And the bible talking about lying and stealing. What about killing. Oh I forgot, it's ok to kill as long as you're standing your ground. Or if it's for America. Or executing someone in one of our states but the bible says thou shalt not kill.
If that is undermining, well I am guilty but someone with some sense will see my point. But it just won't be any of you.#CantNeverGetAnAmen
Your viewpoints on the world is spot on. There is your amen. But let's look at the real question you have not disproved anyone with facts to support the hop. All you have is old fables and your belief. In all honesty this a debate and facts and truth determines if you should get the amen. Present them like you did with Micheal Sam and I will be in your amen corner.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#7990 May 13, 2014
Brother @Lorenzo I've used the euphemism: "I can walk with you." Which means I agree with you. I can point to several posts where I've given you your "Amen". Brother @Scales_Off gave you an AMEN as well. Brother Hebrewsunite even gave you credit for being intelligent. So your point is mute my brother. You're dealing with scholars who read and study quite frequently. I may not remember everything posted but for the most part I know what I say to you.

As for your example, Republicans and Democrats are the same. I don't subscribe to either political party which is why I can see objectively the issues of both parties. At the end of the day it's about the lobbyists and the people with money. I can talk politics with you as well my brother; I can walk with you. Most black people vote Democrat not knowing that the Republican party was largely black before the Civil Rights Act was passed. The Democratic Party started the Klu Klux Klan. Yet we instinctively vote Democrat as black folks not having a clue of the history, nor do we want to know. The Civil Rights legislation was written by Lyndon Baines Johnson a Republican President.

We're doing the same thing right now as it relates to this discussion about the UHOP. Most people know nothing about the history and find no relevance in finding out more which is why the UHOP is in it's current state. We've shut down our desire to analyze what's being taught for it's merit. My mom and dad loved it so instinctively I loved it as well; refer back to my point about voting democrat. Black people in this country are severely crippled by our ignorance of politics and especially religion. Being that this discussion is about the UHOP and it is a religion your "everybody else is doing it" defense will never get any of "us" to acquiesce your argument.
Scales off

United States

#7991 May 13, 2014
Interesting how we don't understand the word that we use because we have been program to not learn the true meaning of words.

If words are covered to not reveal their true meaning wouldn't you think religions who try to persuade someone about who got the best Jesus and God are changing things as well.

You might say what am I talking about.

I am talking about the word amen.

When we utter these words you are paying homage to the Egyptian god Amen Ra. Which means The Lord do so. Now. If this Egyptian word comes from Egypt why did the Hebrews use this word? The Israelites and the Egyptians are of the same foundation. They have the same religious practices. The major difference was the Egyptian believed in smaller gods and the Israelites believed in spirits in the place of the Egyptian gods. And the believed in one God of worship. They acknowledge other gods quite often. But they were to worship YHWH.

El is God in Hebrew and Ra is God in Egyptian.

Amen is not a word to be used lightly and it does not mean I agree. IT MEANS THE LORD DO SO.

Just saying.
Scales off

United States

#7992 May 13, 2014
Cultastic wrote:
Brother @Lorenzo I've used the euphemism: "I can walk with you." Which means I agree with you. I can point to several posts where I've given you your "Amen". Brother @Scales_Off gave you an AMEN as well. Brother Hebrewsunite even gave you credit for being intelligent. So your point is mute my brother. You're dealing with scholars who read and study quite frequently. I may not remember everything posted but for the most part I know what I say to you.
As for your example, Republicans and Democrats are the same. I don't subscribe to either political party which is why I can see objectively the issues of both parties. At the end of the day it's about the lobbyists and the people with money. I can talk politics with you as well my brother; I can walk with you. Most black people vote Democrat not knowing that the Republican party was largely black before the Civil Rights Act was passed. The Democratic Party started the Klu Klux Klan. Yet we instinctively vote Democrat as black folks not having a clue of the history, nor do we want to know. The Civil Rights legislation was written by Lyndon Baines Johnson a Republican President.
We're doing the same thing right now as it relates to this discussion about the UHOP. Most people know nothing about the history and find no relevance in finding out more which is why the UHOP is in it's current state. We've shut down our desire to analyze what's being taught for it's merit. My mom and dad loved it so instinctively I loved it as well; refer back to my point about voting democrat. Black people in this country are severely crippled by our ignorance of politics and especially religion. Being that this discussion is about the UHOP and it is a religion your "everybody else is doing it" defense will never get any of "us" to acquiesce your argument.
Indeed you has spoken the truth.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#7993 May 13, 2014
Scales off wrote:
<quoted text>
Your viewpoints on the world is spot on. There is your amen.
Michael Sam kissing a man on television was absolutely nothing. My issue is that they are calling it "history" when that is not true. There have been several openly gay men in the NFL before him. The media just never covered it because of ratings at that time. For my sports junkies like me if y'all remember Jason Collins was the first openly gay NBA so the media says. Forget the fact that he was a horrible basketball player. We think it's more important to discuss his sexuality. Let Brother Sam be celebrated on the merits of his accomplishments as a player. Okay so if he doesn't make the team then what? What the American mind can't comprehend is that most people really don't care except your hyper religious folks. What's going on is the media is really exploiting his sexuality for ratings. This is not breaking news.

With that being said I'm very selective about the news media that I watch because the images we get repetitively in many instances are propaganda and have a subtle impact on our minds. He who controls the printed page and the media controls the minds of the audience. Likewise I'm very selective about what I ingest spiritually in my universe. I don't sit under "Daddy" telling me how GOD wants me to dress while he doesn't have to wear the same. Well how in the ham sammich is he going to know you if you don't have on the proper uniform Brother Bishop? If we are all GOD's children and we have to wear black but he gets to wear red does that mean our father picks his favorite child above the rest of us? Those of us who are parents can follow that analogy.

He knows that sheeple are following him who have no clue. Right in your face he doesn't believe the same thing he's convinced you to believe. You're getting stuck at the word "GOD" my UHOP sisters and brother. I digress
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#7994 May 13, 2014
Scales off wrote:
Interesting how we don't understand the word that we use because we have been program to not learn the true meaning of words.
If words are covered to not reveal their true meaning wouldn't you think religions who try to persuade someone about who got the best Jesus and God are changing things as well.
You might say what am I talking about.
I am talking about the word amen.
When we utter these words you are paying homage to the Egyptian god Amen Ra. Which means The Lord do so. Now. If this Egyptian word comes from Egypt why did the Hebrews use this word? The Israelites and the Egyptians are of the same foundation. They have the same religious practices. The major difference was the Egyptian believed in smaller gods and the Israelites believed in spirits in the place of the Egyptian gods. And the believed in one God of worship. They acknowledge other gods quite often. But they were to worship YHWH.
El is God in Hebrew and Ra is God in Egyptian.
Amen is not a word to be used lightly and it does not mean I agree. IT MEANS THE LORD DO SO.
Just saying.
Now you noticed why I say I can walk with you and not Amen. Excellent post. I think I said in an older post that it's bigger than the UHOP and that's just the beginning. However, these discussions have to start somewhere and then build.
Scales off

United States

#7995 May 13, 2014
Cultastic wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael Sam kissing a man on television was absolutely nothing. My issue is that they are calling it "history" when that is not true. There have been several openly gay men in the NFL before him. The media just never covered it because of ratings at that time. For my sports junkies like me if y'all remember Jason Collins was the first openly gay NBA so the media says. Forget the fact that he was a horrible basketball player. We think it's more important to discuss his sexuality. Let Brother Sam be celebrated on the merits of his accomplishments as a player. Okay so if he doesn't make the team then what? What the American mind can't comprehend is that most people really don't care except your hyper religious folks. What's going on is the media is really exploiting his sexuality for ratings. This is not breaking news.
With that being said I'm very selective about the news media that I watch because the images we get repetitively in many instances are propaganda and have a subtle impact on our minds. He who controls the printed page and the media controls the minds of the audience. Likewise I'm very selective about what I ingest spiritually in my universe. I don't sit under "Daddy" telling me how GOD wants me to dress while he doesn't have to wear the same. Well how in the ham sammich is he going to know you if you don't have on the proper uniform Brother Bishop? If we are all GOD's children and we have to wear black but he gets to wear red does that mean our father picks his favorite child above the rest of us? Those of us who are parents can follow that analogy.
He knows that sheeple are following him who have no clue. Right in your face he doesn't believe the same thing he's convinced you to believe. You're getting stuck at the word "GOD" my UHOP sisters and brother. I digress
I concur. Good God Almighty. So true.
Scales off

United States

#7996 May 13, 2014
Cultastic wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you noticed why I say I can walk with you and not Amen. Excellent post. I think I said in an older post that it's bigger than the UHOP and that's just the beginning. However, these discussions have to start somewhere and then build.
I totally agree.
My apologies on the misspelling of the king and diety Amun Ra.
I don't know if the blog is ready for this. But if you are interested in why the Catholic Church instituted the word Amen after everything, then research Amun Ra, whose mother was Meri and father was Yosep. Whose supposedly lived around 3000 BC. Roughly 5000 years ago.
I'll leave it there.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#7997 May 13, 2014
Scales off wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree.
My apologies on the misspelling of the king and diety Amun Ra.
I don't know if the blog is ready for this. But if you are interested in why the Catholic Church instituted the word Amen after everything, then research Amun Ra, whose mother was Meri and father was Yosep. Whose supposedly lived around 3000 BC. Roughly 5000 years ago.
I'll leave it there.
@Scales off you're going to fast. Put the training wheels back on the bike LOL.

For my UHOP sisters and brothers brave enough to do the research suggested by this outstanding brother you'll get your concrete answer to why they want you to stay off social media/internet. Trust me it has nothing to do with embarrassing him by putting up a picture of him and then using profanity in a status. It has nothing to do with posting pictures of yourself drinking a beer. It has nothing to do with posting information about programs and raffles. Well on second thought he does not want that posted because Uncle Sam is watching LOL.

The problem is that most don't know what to look for. Now this brother gave you a starting point but most are too lazy and fearful of the unknown that they won't even put those letters in a google search. Hey Brother @Scales off I guess no one wants to talk to us today.
Scales Off

United States

#7998 May 13, 2014
Cultastic wrote:
<quoted text>
@Scales off you're going to fast. Put the training wheels back on the bike LOL.
For my UHOP sisters and brothers brave enough to do the research suggested by this outstanding brother you'll get your concrete answer to why they want you to stay off social media/internet. Trust me it has nothing to do with embarrassing him by putting up a picture of him and then using profanity in a status. It has nothing to do with posting pictures of yourself drinking a beer. It has nothing to do with posting information about programs and raffles. Well on second thought he does not want that posted because Uncle Sam is watching LOL.
The problem is that most don't know what to look for. Now this brother gave you a starting point but most are too lazy and fearful of the unknown that they won't even put those letters in a google search. Hey Brother @Scales off I guess no one wants to talk to us today.
No sir. They don't want to be involved in that one. All I can say is I didn't write it ...lol. But it's history and that is what we all should be interested in.
We are a proud black race and many of us only know their history of about 50 years ago. And few go back to 400 years ago. And a very small percent can go beyond that.
You don't want to learn more Because you believe what your masters and oppressors have told you to believe.
When in fact you are God's proudest creation and your talents and skills are magnificent and better as a whole than all others.
But if you don't know who you are, you will never reap the benefits of EL again. Learn your history. Nabta Playa is in the Sahara desert and it is the birth place of civilization. This is your history. Your history is over 20,000 years old.
When your oppressors were living in caves and was completely ignorant. Your ancestors were creating the first caledar and dating New Years as Thoth 1 which is June 21 the summer solstice. But you have been Robbed of your knowledge and history and have allowed it to be given back to you as white knowledge.
I just want my people to wake up. And realize you are being taken by people who don't even believ what you believe and this is directed at all organize religion especially Christianity.
Ask yourself who created chrisitianity. Was it Jesus or was it someone that organized a religion based on a white man who lived in the African lands and wanted all of his kind to worship a figure that represented what he looked like.
Remember who control the world control the belief system. If Japan was the world power like us would we be calling Buddha. Yes sir. We would.
Scales Off

United States

#7999 May 13, 2014
Cultastic spoke about the fact that the media is controlled by the powerful.

Have anyone noticed we have 8 continents. Lol. Let's go through this. North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia, Antarctica, mother Africa, and the famous Middle East. Lol

The Middle East belongs to the continent of Africa. But for religious purpose they either let it stands alone or say it belongs to Asia. But look closely and you will see that it very much is the back of Africa.

Food for thought.
Scales off

United States

#8000 May 13, 2014
At one point white Christians came to Africa and they possessed the religion and the africans possessed the lands. The African gave up the lands for the religion. Now look at us black folk.

We don't wan to be successful on earth we just want to live poor humility lives and Jesus will give us our riches on the other side.

Examine that.

If you are not living a fulfilled life, who is? The very same people who introduce you to this religion. And you have bought it. And now you want for nothing else.

Gallup studies revealed that 80% of blacks have at least 3 bibles and believe the bible as a literal interpretation of facts and truth. While 41% whites have at least one bible and believe that the bible is a reference point of how to live your life.

Hmmmm

Think about it.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#8001 May 13, 2014
Scales off wrote:
At one point white Christians came to Africa and they possessed the religion and the africans possessed the lands. The African gave up the lands for the religion. Now look at us black folk.
We don't wan to be successful on earth we just want to live poor humility lives and Jesus will give us our riches on the other side.
Examine that.
If you are not living a fulfilled life, who is? The very same people who introduce you to this religion. And you have bought it. And now you want for nothing else.
Gallup studies revealed that 80% of blacks have at least 3 bibles and believe the bible as a literal interpretation of facts and truth. While 41% whites have at least one bible and believe that the bible is a reference point of how to live your life.
Hmmmm
Think about it.
I'm currently in my house doing the Daddy Madison high step down the aisle marching knees to chest clapping coming in the service on this post LOL. Yes sirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr now you dropped a jewel. We have not come to understand that the problems are based on the fact that we're basing our life around something that wasn't intended for the benefit of our people on earth. Ironically the statistic you quoted will probably continue to fall because our white counterparts are not afraid to confront the truth.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#8002 May 13, 2014
How many times have I said, it wasnít that we didnít know how to pray. They taught us their way of praying. They put us on our bending knees and when we got up off our knees we had their Bibles and they had our land, So on point Scales off and Cultastic.

Africa is the only continent that has every natural resource to survive on this earth. For God to put a Black man on the riches land in the world should make us want to prove we deserve it.

You have to understand your past before you can comprehend your future. Researching your history is just as important and researching the Religion you practice. Taking one Mans word is His Story, not History.

When we start believing in our selves we will see a change. But as long as we continue to believe in a Man, things will remain the same.

Iím truly enjoying this teaching, donít stop.
Married in

Charlotte, NC

#8003 May 13, 2014
Gee-Tee wrote:
How many times have I said, it wasnít that we didnít know how to pray. They taught us their way of praying. They put us on our bending knees and when we got up off our knees we had their Bibles and they had our land, So on point Scales off and Cultastic.
Africa is the only continent that has every natural resource to survive on this earth. For God to put a Black man on the riches land in the world should make us want to prove we deserve it.
You have to understand your past before you can comprehend your future. Researching your history is just as important and researching the Religion you practice. Taking one Mans word is His Story, not History.
When we start believing in our selves we will see a change. But as long as we continue to believe in a Man, things will remain the same.
My brothas and sistas...TEACH!
Scales off

United States

#8004 May 13, 2014
Cultastic wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm currently in my house doing the Daddy Madison high step down the aisle marching knees to chest clapping coming in the service on this post LOL. Yes sirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr now you dropped a jewel. We have not come to understand that the problems are based on the fact that we're basing our life around something that wasn't intended for the benefit of our people on earth. Ironically the statistic you quoted will probably continue to fall because our white counterparts are not afraid to confront the truth.
So true. I am determined to wake as many as possible. People look at me as an example and I don't direct them to the bible but rather to education of all sorts. But I am a stickler for learning African history. For it is your true identity.
Scales Off

United States

#8005 May 13, 2014
Gee-Tee wrote:
Well states Gee tee. Well stated indeed.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#8006 May 13, 2014
Once I realize the knowledge that was out their, that I was missing I couldnít get enough. Iím like you Scales; I try to reach as many black people and teach our History as I can. My home is filled with nothing but Black History. Once I took down those ďMen of WhoĒ Pictures, I had plenty of room for things that mattered.

I donít know everything, thatís why I cling on to you, Cultastic and Hebrewsunite teaching. You all maybe younger then me, yet you have so much to teach me. Eyes on Christ, MSD you are in that bunch too. I want you all to know I pass on everything you all say. Thank you for your wisdom to continue to educate.

Our lives may have started in Church, but it will not end in a Church that donít teach. We are reaching someone.
Christ Is The Answer

Fort Washington, MD

#8007 May 13, 2014
Lorenzo wrote:
And as far as secretaries, the larger issue is with Pastors. They are responsible to pay their own taxes. Daddy McCollough told them to do this but many did not. When I have collected checks at Real Estate closings or the profits from a property sale, I am responsible for my taxes. Many of these so called smart men are just plain stupid when it comes to this issue. It is one of the biggest reasons so many pastor until they die. They don't have any other source of income. Again that is not a Ponzi Scheme but stupidity on the part of the worker. My mom worked for the HOP for many years and SHE paid her own taxes. Maybe she was smarter because she prepares taxes but she did the right thing.
I'm sorry, but can we just STOP responding to this person so that maybe he'll just go away? Talk about straddle the fence, he's all over the fence .... on top of it; under it; on the side of it; inside of it; outside of it; the same color as it;...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Rosesz 681,740
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Jun 19 Dementia mental c... 36
News Gregory: Bishops - can never say we are sorry e... Jun 18 Listen to the Word 1
News Pat Robertson Is Birth Control (Nov '14) Jun 13 Donald Scampi 2
News Why Melania Trump covers her head one day and n... Jun 8 lavon affair 10
News How the war-of-words between Trump and Pope Fra... Jun 8 USS LIBERTY 9
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Jun 7 princess_noochie 84,749
More from around the web