United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

There are 20 comments on the Apr 7, 2008, www.topix.net story titled United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot.... In it, www.topix.net reports that:

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.topix.net.

Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#7714 Apr 9, 2014
Lorenzo wrote:
Once again I have not heard any of you giving the same damnation to other religious orders. Many of the same things you critique the HOP for doing, happens elsewhere and it is many times worst. What church but the Catholic Church could have with stood the sex abuse scandal? And where is the true accounting in other churches. And a "financial statement" means nothing. Always remember Bernie Madoff gave out "financial statements" as well.
Your comments on music is a good point. But my mother and grandmother made sure that I was never caught up in to that. I was always asked "what did the preacher speak about and what did you get from it". Many pastors feel that a band draws people but I have pointed out that if that was true, Charlotte's houses would be overflowing with people. And Portsmouth would be the top house. It's not the music that is the problem but the thinking that you cannot have a good worship experience without it. I have told my own son that he has to learn to play the piano and until he gets great at that, no horn will be picked up. Give me 5 good piano players over 3 great bands any day of the week.
Once again “I will say” this board is about the “UHOP” and your “Daddies”. You can’t control the wrong doings of the UHOP, and you want to take the burdens of correcting what other religions are doing. You know nothing about them, other then what you read.

Damnation, this is how you see the knowledge we give to you. Just because other Churches do it, does it make it right. Re-read your first paragraph, you believe everything you read about other people religions, but won’t believe the truth we have supplied about the UHOP.

Is this a “Daddy Thing?”

What good is making your son learn the piano if the only places you are going to allow him too play is in the UHOP? A lot of people were able to remove them selves from the poverty level by using the talents God gave them. The UHOP made sure you all stayed on the same level of poverty by not allowing your talents to work for you.

By the way, it is the Music that draws you to the UHOP. Be it the sound of a horn or piano, you said it. Quote:“Give me 5 good piano players over 3 great bands any day of the week”. It’s all music, no matter what is used to play it.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#7715 Apr 9, 2014
Lorenzo wrote:
To Cultastic and Gee-Tee it is refreshing that you have figured it all out. The mystery that is our God has been revealed to you. Good for you.
By the way, it’s no mystery to solve. It’s called “Common Sense”, and when you decide to use the brain God gave to you, you too will exercise “Common Sense” also.
Lorenzo

Melbourne, FL

#7716 Apr 9, 2014
Gee-Tee you have once again shown that you are not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Unlike other HOP members who come to this site and get emotional when you guys attack what they believe is right, I don't mind an argument as long as it is based on facts and the truth. Some things that are presented as truth is just one's own conclusion.

To your point about me only talking about what I have read, you are 100% wrong. I live, work, and exist in a world that is filled with nothing but people of other faiths and beliefs. I also am in a bible study on wednesday night in a barber shop that is filled with guys from every faith you can think of. We even have some muslims involved from time to time. And my relationships with these men and their families extend beyond the barbershop. Many of the issues we face in the HOP are faced by others in their own churches. As an example, one of the guys belongs to a small church that has been raising money for a new building for over 15 years. Others talk about funds going to causes that the church members know nothing about. One guy said his pastor is involved in several relationships with women that are not his wife. The point is, everywhere you go it's gonna be something.

Next, my son is not learning to play a piano for the sake of the HOP. He is taught by an old white lady, that I pay nicely, to first read music, which he has done. And she has never given him one piece of music to learn that is gospel or christian. He also plays the upright bass and some drums for his school org. And point about piano players was not to say that is what's important, it was to say if I had a choice, having someone on the piano is better than a band. Heck, if I was music centered, Florida is the wrong place to be a HOP member. Most of my services these 20+ years have had no music and if there was music it was some non playing piano player or a band just blowing noise or folk singing off key. Once a piano player stopped playing and told me to tell the pastor to stop singing because he was in an unknown to man key.

So stop assuming things. I know that all of you who have been set free from the bonds of the HOP are not going to be convinced that this is just a part of the journey. I get that. And if whatever you are doing makes you happy and filled, keep doing it. Just as I accept my fellowship with my brothers on wednesday nights, I accept your decision to worship as you please. But you could also show a lot more love for all people, even us lost heathens in the HOP. One of you stated that you searched for this or researched that, but I was taught that everything is not in the bible. And somethings are a mystery. Those books or letters were not written to be put in a bible. They were just recorded books and letters. So just as someone said they only spoke in tongues once, well that is all that you have read. It does not mean it did happen again. I know your ego won't allow you to admit it but there are a lot of HOP members who read the just like you and have a good understanding. It's like one night a white brother said that shouting and praising God like we do in the "black church" is wrong. It was pointed to him that may be he was right but it's kind of hard to image God telling us we praised too much. But we can image him saying you praised me too little. Our brother responded by clapping his hand and stomping his feet.
Im Free

Philadelphia, PA

#7717 Apr 9, 2014
Lorenzo wrote:
Once again I have not heard any of you giving the same damnation to other religious orders. Many of the same things you critique the HOP for doing, happens elsewhere and it is many times worst. What church but the Catholic Church could have with stood the sex abuse scandal? And where is the true accounting in other churches. And a "financial statement" means nothing. Always remember Bernie Madoff gave out "financial statements" as well.
Your comments on music is a good point. But my mother and grandmother made sure that I was never caught up in to that. I was always asked "what did the preacher speak about and what did you get from it". Many pastors feel that a band draws people but I have pointed out that if that was true, Charlotte's houses would be overflowing with people. And Portsmouth would be the top house. It's not the music that is the problem but the thinking that you cannot have a good worship experience without it. I have told my own son that he has to learn to play the piano and until he gets great at that, no horn will be picked up. Give me 5 good piano players over 3 great bands any day of the week.
@Lorenzo I would like to know your response to you mother when she asked you "What did the preacher speak about and what did you get from it", I can tell you that it was more of the same, "Daddy, Daddy, Daddy". You are preaching to the choir because most of us on this post was born in the HOP and we know what we are talking about because it was drilled in our brain over and over again.

No other churches get the same damnation as the HOP because they don't preach that Jesus is on vacation and daddy is taking his place (I'm paraphrasing) This is paramount because it detemines where you will be spending eternity. Jesus said if you don't know him he will not know you in the judgement. This something you people take for granted. but this is serious and it speaks to your salvation.

Unlike the HOP, Bishop Blake was elected National Bishop of the COGIC but Jesus was still Lord and Savior. HOP elects a man and he is instantly reverend as Lord and Savior because he sat in a chair.

Lets not speak about sex abuse which I was a victim and so many others under the hands of old daddy grace. He was charged so many times before and the girls were deemed insane. I have a wedding picture of old grace and he is surrounded by all these bridemaids of his ethnic back ground. Thats why he preferred light skinned innocent girls as maids. Hmmmmmm
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#7718 Apr 10, 2014
In Question wrote:
Hey There Brother Cultastic,
It has been a while since I have posted, but I see you are still crying loud and sparing not. Be encouraged. Thank God for you.
I am humbled by your kind words. Thank you too much.
Scales off

United States

#7719 Apr 10, 2014
Cultastic wrote:
<quoted text>
@Scales Off you are confirming my point. Black people are obedient by nature and we completely respect those that we consider authority. The men who lead the church understand this. They would never sit at the table and converse with people like you and I. We present a threat to their well being. If the UHOP members really understood who was in control all of this foolishness would end. Without your money and sacrifices they wouldn't eat, travel, etc. McCollough even said he wouldn't give his money anywhere if he couldn't ask where it was going. Yet in the UHOP you're taught not to ask because it's "GOD's business". I'm actually sitting here laughing at these religious smoke tricks that we fell for.
Why shouldn't all of those talented musicians be getting paid for what they do? Without the bands bringing the bigger crowds the preachers would suffer financially; just my observation. It's exploitation at it's finest but as long as you say it's in the name of GOD then the rules somehow change.
This is why outspoken folks like me are marginalized.
I agree.
Seriously to not admit we were brainwashed would be a travesty. I truly believed that I was playing my horn and going from the northern border to the southern border and the east coast to the west coast to work out my own soul salvation.

This was the garbage we were fed. If you are not a band member you wouldn't understand. But in reality a band boy whether capable or not, must take his personal money of which he have very little, and place it in the hop and travel great distances on hop buses, and stay in expensive hotels.

Meanwhile the family he left can barely make it. Fortunately, my family was never in jeopardy, because I valued education and have a well paying job.

However, more often than naught the fortunate ones paid the way of the less fortunate. And in the end of those trips Samuel or Clarence only gives you twenty-five dollars. Man what a fu--king insult to my labor.

When I think about the thousand dollar trips and this, bastard gives the band boys 25.00 dollars just makes my blood boil.

And then you have the audacity to call that a blessing? Really bishop? Really? But a house don't meet you standard of 10,000.00 report regardless the size of the house you want To rant and rave about what the pastor is not doing?

Once more, the bishops urge the pastor to get bands but refuse to purchase their horns and drums which usually are north of 200.00 and for the larger ones 1000.00.

Again if you are not a. Band boy you won't understand the countless hours that goes into being a band boy just to be considered decent but if you are on the elite level. You have the ridiculous amount of time invested in practice at home, and at the hop.

Then you are disrespected when you travel miles to play and someone let you play a total of 7 minutes in an entire weekend. And yet they say you are working out your own salvation. Give me a break.

And for those who want to place value on the spirit in the hop are full of it as well. The spirit does not know what good music is because it don't care about it. The supreme being wants you to be a good steward.

But the fake hop people wait on one band to play and can't shout for another because they aren't spiritual in the first place. The shouting in the hop is a confirmation of which music you like.

Just like when you are at a club and Cupid shuffle come on you say I'll will wait on the wobble. Oh boy time to jump on the floor now. Lol.
Scales off

United States

#7720 Apr 10, 2014
Time to Face the Truth wrote:
<quoted text> @Cultastic Not only will the preachers suffer so will the houses and overall organization. Typically, the houses with the bands have the greater membership. The music is a distraction, a subliminal way of getting one to only focus on feeling good. A hook for lack of a better term. All in all, shut the music down and people would have the clarity to think.
I agree the music is a distraction. But it is much more than a distraction. The music is the main attraction. The music is the only thing that is a unique aspect of the hop. And because it is such a marvel to see to the unknown eye. It allows the new person to tolerate the lies from up front because the music is captivating. And it is soothing. Also it can be Remarkable.

Watching the bands is identical to watching your favorite athletes. What those young men do are truly a gift and anyone can't do it. Much like today's athletes. You have to be brought up learning from day one.

But here lies the problem. Hop people have no balance. You must have balance in your life if you intend to be great. These kids fine this music enjoyable, yet can't read and right. But all the praise they get for being a good horn player makes them gravitate away from their studies. Because there is no praise in that.

Hop parents go buy their children horns when they turn two years old. But where is the books and the learning materials. This is how ignorance is groomed in the hop. They teach the Children to place their school books on " the mountain" and God will be with them when they take their test. And the children believe it and flunk out. I have witnessed this on more than one occasion.

The parents will take their children to one of the great horn players for them to work with. But won't get them a tutor for their school work. The parents will keep them out late at the hop. But if school time events impede on the hop schedule they pull them out.

Or place them in the hands of their coaches or teachers.

And you keep saying the hop is right because of what?

Don't tell me the people are wrong but the place is right. The people are the hop. The name on that building is as useless as the name on the great western forum. Nobody plays there anymore so it is irrelevant. The hop is relevant because of its people. And if the folks are wrong. The place is wrong.

Religion is a money making gimmick. And it will not change.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#7721 Apr 10, 2014
Lorenzo wrote:
One of you stated that you searched for this or researched that, but I was taught that everything is not in the bible.
Dear brother I salute your courage to even engage in this discussion. Religion is always a difficult topic. I'm not sure if we know each other personally. However, if you know me I typically discuss religion from a general stand point especially in the black community. I thought I made it clear that I don't believe in organized religion or churches. That being said most of us who post are not members of a specific church for the very reasons that you pointed out.

Here's the problem with UHOP members. Maybe not you but most of them are delusional and have no clue about the "mysteries" of the UHOP which have been revealed over and over again.

Quick question if you KNOW that the preacher is molesting little girls/boys would you leave your child alone with him? If you KNOW the preacher is taking your money and using it for everything other than what he claims would you keep giving it to him? I have been very critical of Brother Eddie Long nasty behind with that holy onsie picture and his actions with those young boys. The topic of discussion on this forum however is the UHOP.

I can state as a matter of FACT that the UHOP and it's leadership is critical of other religions especially Christian denominations. Now that the spotlight has been turned on the UHOP members want to play victim and act as if they haven't distanced themselves from fellow Christian sisters and brothers (i.e. there's the church world and then there's the UHOP). The difference is that we all have close family and friends that we know are being mentally, emotionally, and financially exploited by the organization. I have personally had to listen to older sisters cry about the memories of being victimized by Brother Grace. Then to have to know that every year we salute the museum of horrors on Logan Circle where the innocence and souls of children were stolen in the name of A GOD.

Let's stay away from the discussions about books/letters that were left out of the bible. That's way above the scope of reference for most of our UHOP sisters and brothers.
Scales off

United States

#7722 Apr 10, 2014
Lorenzo wrote:
Your comments on music is a good point. But my mother and grandmother made sure that I was never caught up in to that. I was always asked "what did the preacher speak about and what did you get from ek.
@lorenzo. I, nor have I read on this site where someone has directed anyone to go to a different place of worship. I do not believe in organized religion. I condemn all churches if they raise one cent.
I don't believe in preachers, a preachers role is to tell the people about God. But here is the problem. They are giving me their account about their God who has done whatever for them. And they are telling me if I live according to them I can go to heaven. But they are still here on earth with me therefore, they have not been so they don't have to tools to tell me how to get there.
You don't take directions from someone on how to get to Stonehenge if they never been there. So why would I listen to someone if I know how to read myself.
As far as the bands are concerned the places would be full if the rhetoric didn't drive them away. No one with god giving common sense is going to listen to you tell them that your bishop and your bishop alone is Gods only man. When no one has even heard of him. And your bishop can't help his own people.
Your bishop can't even commune with t.d. Jakes, Keith butler, creflo dollar, or Joel Olstein. If he is so great where is Oprah? Comparing him to Jesus, everyone knew about Jesus certainly te Caesars. Why don't he powerful know of the famed man of God. Hahahaha
Secondly have you ever watched the transformers. This is the best description I can think of to describe the foolishness of the bishops.
In transformers when one leader die there is a matrix of leadership that goes from the dead leader to the living leader.
What person with common sense would believe that God place a greater portion of himself in a man that the people choose or a woman has chosen to lead people?
Is this starting to sound ridiculous yet?
Furthermore, he has not fed 5000 people with 2 loaves of bread and five fish. But he is the man in the land today and he is doing greater works than Jesus. This is said so don't say it's not.
He hasn't walked on water. Although grace tried trickery and fell off the platform into the James river.
He hasn't made the lame walk and the blind see.
Yet he is greater than Jesus. Who is going to believe this but brainwashed indigents who were born in this crap.
Bottom line people believe in the daddy's like they believe in Santa Claus. And if no one didn't tell you that SC wasn't real you would still believe it because you were trained to believe it. This is the only reason why you believe in the bishops.
@ Lorenzo you really have held it down on here and stuck to your beliefs. But seriously. What can you truly tell me that anyone of them has done for you? Personally, naturally and spiritually.
Also I am sure you have gained more in the Wednesday night meeting in the barber shop than you ever have in Sunday school or Sunday morning services.
So mote it be.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#7723 Apr 10, 2014
Scales off wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
Seriously to not admit we were brainwashed would be a travesty. I truly believed that I was playing my horn and going from the northern border to the southern border and the east coast to the west coast to work out my own soul salvation.
This was the garbage we were fed. If you are not a band member you wouldn't understand. But in reality a band boy whether capable or not, must take his personal money of which he have very little, and place it in the hop and travel great distances on hop buses, and stay in expensive hotels.
Meanwhile the family he left can barely make it. Fortunately, my family was never in jeopardy, because I valued education and have a well paying job.
However, more often than naught the fortunate ones paid the way of the less fortunate. And in the end of those trips Samuel or Clarence only gives you twenty-five dollars. Man what a fu--king insult to my labor.
When I think about the thousand dollar trips and this, bastard gives the band boys 25.00 dollars just makes my blood boil.
And then you have the audacity to call that a blessing? Really bishop? Really? But a house don't meet you standard of 10,000.00 report regardless the size of the house you want To rant and rave about what the pastor is not doing?
Once more, the bishops urge the pastor to get bands but refuse to purchase their horns and drums which usually are north of 200.00 and for the larger ones 1000.00.
Again if you are not a. Band boy you won't understand the countless hours that goes into being a band boy just to be considered decent but if you are on the elite level. You have the ridiculous amount of time invested in practice at home, and at the hop.
Then you are disrespected when you travel miles to play and someone let you play a total of 7 minutes in an entire weekend. And yet they say you are working out your own salvation. Give me a break.
And for those who want to place value on the spirit in the hop are full of it as well. The spirit does not know what good music is because it don't care about it. The supreme being wants you to be a good steward.
But the fake hop people wait on one band to play and can't shout for another because they aren't spiritual in the first place. The shouting in the hop is a confirmation of which music you like.
Just like when you are at a club and Cupid shuffle come on you say I'll will wait on the wobble. Oh boy time to jump on the floor now. Lol.
Man you just preached I'm looking for my horn right now to follow you up.*ques the Wobble

Well stated
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#7724 Apr 10, 2014
Scales off wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree the music is a distraction. But it is much more than a distraction. The music is the main attraction. The music is the only thing that is a unique aspect of the hop. And because it is such a marvel to see to the unknown eye. It allows the new person to tolerate the lies from up front because the music is captivating. And it is soothing. Also it can be Remarkable.
Watching the bands is identical to watching your favorite athletes. What those young men do are truly a gift and anyone can't do it. Much like today's athletes. You have to be brought up learning from day one.
But here lies the problem. Hop people have no balance. You must have balance in your life if you intend to be great. These kids fine this music enjoyable, yet can't read and right. But all the praise they get for being a good horn player makes them gravitate away from their studies. Because there is no praise in that.
Hop parents go buy their children horns when they turn two years old. But where is the books and the learning materials. This is how ignorance is groomed in the hop. They teach the Children to place their school books on " the mountain" and God will be with them when they take their test. And the children believe it and flunk out. I have witnessed this on more than one occasion.
The parents will take their children to one of the great horn players for them to work with. But won't get them a tutor for their school work. The parents will keep them out late at the hop. But if school time events impede on the hop schedule they pull them out.
Or place them in the hands of their coaches or teachers.
And you keep saying the hop is right because of what?
Don't tell me the people are wrong but the place is right. The people are the hop. The name on that building is as useless as the name on the great western forum. Nobody plays there anymore so it is irrelevant. The hop is relevant because of its people. And if the folks are wrong. The place is wrong.
Religion is a money making gimmick. And it will not change.
This is the type of unmitigated honesty that needs to be discussed as it relates to the organization. Dearest Brother again I am humbled by your scholarship and the presentation of your observations and experiences in the UHOP. You have blessed me today.
Scales off

United States

#7725 Apr 10, 2014
Cultastic wrote:
<quoted text>
Man you just preached I'm looking for my horn right now to follow you up.*ques the Wobble
Well stated
I enjoy all of what you say and it is a pleasure to read your words of wisdom. This is the problem people have knowledge but know wisdom. Or the have traditions and no knowledge.

Come on let's hit lord make away somehow....old tigers. Lol
Scales off

United States

#7726 Apr 10, 2014
Cultastic wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the type of unmitigated honesty that needs to be discussed as it relates to the organization. Dearest Brother again I am humbled by your scholarship and the presentation of your observations and experiences in the UHOP. You have blessed me today.
Thank you brother, but in all honesty you are a true inspiration to me.

So mote it be
Time to Face the Truth

Fairfax, VA

#7727 Apr 10, 2014
Lorenzo wrote:
Gee-Tee you have once again shown that you are not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Unlike other HOP members who come to this site and get emotional when you guys attack what they believe is right, I don't mind an argument as long as it is based on facts and the truth. Some things that are presented as truth is just one's own conclusion.
To your point about me only talking about what I have read, you are 100% wrong. I live, work, and exist in a world that is filled with nothing but people of other faiths and beliefs. I also am in a bible study on wednesday night in a barber shop that is filled with guys from every faith you can think of. We even have some muslims involved from time to time. And my relationships with these men and their families extend beyond the barbershop. Many of the issues we face in the HOP are faced by others in their own churches. As an example, one of the guys belongs to a small church that has been raising money for a new building for over 15 years. Others talk about funds going to causes that the church members know nothing about. One guy said his pastor is involved in several relationships with women that are not his wife. The point is, everywhere you go it's gonna be something.
Next, my son is not learning to play a piano for the sake of the HOP. He is taught by an old white lady, that I pay nicely, to first read music, which he has done. And she has never given him one piece of music to learn that is gospel or christian. He also plays the upright bass and some drums for his school org. And point about piano players was not to say that is what's important, it was to say if I had a choice, having someone on the piano is better than a band. Heck, if I was music centered, Florida is the wrong place to be a HOP member. Most of my services these 20+ years have had no music and if there was music it was some non playing piano player or a band just blowing noise or folk singing off key. Once a piano player stopped playing and told me to tell the pastor to stop singing because he was in an unknown to man key.
So stop assuming things. I know that all of you who have been set free from the bonds of the HOP are not going to be convinced that this is just a part of the journey. I get that. And if whatever you are doing makes you happy and filled, keep doing it. Just as I accept my fellowship with my brothers on wednesday nights, I accept your decision to worship as you please. But you could also show a lot more love for all people, even us lost heathens in the HOP. One of you stated that you searched for this or researched that, but I was taught that everything is not in the bible. And somethings are a mystery. Those books or letters were not written to be put in a bible. They were just recorded books and letters. So just as someone said they only spoke in tongues once, well that is all that you have read. It does not mean it did happen again. I know your ego won't allow you to admit it but there are a lot of HOP members who read the just like you and have a good understanding. It's like one night a white brother said that shouting and praising God like we do in the "black church" is wrong. It was pointed to him that may be he was right but it's kind of hard to image God telling us we praised too much. But we can image him saying you praised me too little. Our brother responded by clapping his hand and stomping his feet.
Honest question to you. If the HOP is fulfilling your needs, why do you seek others on Wednesday nights with non-members in a barbershop to discuss the bible. Are you sharing the "Daddies" with them, or are you in your heart admitting that you are truly not being fed?
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#7728 Apr 10, 2014
Lorenzo wrote:
I guess you told me. Would you please buy me a knife sharpener? I’m not in competition with you; this is not about whose smart or dumb. Who’s right or wrong? It’s about learning the truth. I read very well with understanding, And to show you how well I understood your post.

Does your “Daddy” know you read the Bible with people not of the UHOP? It’s obvious you all are not reaching an understanding of the Bible in these studies. I say that because if you all were really into the Bible as you say, there would be no need to discuss the wrong doings of your Churches unless you all were discussing a solution to correct your Churches from their evil ways.

Churches have that Monkey see, Monkey do syndrome, and yes they do follow and take certain things from each other.

But this is not Bible Study you all are having in the Barber Shop. You all have gather together to let off steam. The Bible teaches you to stay away from sin. By you all continue to uphold the wrong by discussing it, Leads me to believe you all go there to gossip. What are some of the solutions you all have came up with to correct the errors of your Churches. You leave Bible study and continue business as usually. You didn’t accomplish anything.
It sounds like your buddies and you should open up a Social Clubs, why bother to go to your Churches if they all are filled with sin and all the people that witness and know this dose absolutely nothing but complain to each other. Pray at home and forget a Church Building. You don’t need a building to serve God.

Another thing, what is the big deal in telling us a white woman teaches your child music, you couldn’t find a black person? That’s another problem you have which tells me you still buy white dolls and white cards. Love has nothing to do with telling the truth. Love is just another word that is spoken too freely; Love should be shown not said. If you loved who you are, you would have sought out people of color to service you. Why didn’t you patronize your own? Maybe you need to brush up on Slavery also and not dismiss it.

“Lost heathen in the UHOP” this statement also tells me a lot about how you view you’re self. I don’t have too call you all out of your names. You do a good job of identifying your own self. If you think your journey should be kept in darkness so be it. But my journey will not be with someone else dictating how, what, who and where I will serve.

“Evil prevails, when Good Men sit and do nothing.” Edmund Burke
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#7729 Apr 10, 2014
Scales off wrote:
<quoted text>

Not only didn’t he take care of the bands, he took us young girls out of school to travel with him. Not one time did he think he should be responsible for something as simple as personal needs? That always bothered me, one of the riches Churches in the world and the Leader didn’t think the reason I wasn’t wearing stockings to Church tonight was because they were torn. I had to wait for him to give me 1.00 after singing to buy them.

We traveled with him and had to beg members to buy us the things we needed.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#7730 Apr 10, 2014
Oh I forgot, one time he did ask us if we needed money and when we said yes, he gave us 2.00 apiece. Over 100 members gave a G-Class report that night before. That’s 100x500.00 and all he would give us was 2.00 a piece. It was 15 of us. And 30.00 was all the money he could spare. Picture that……….
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#7731 Apr 10, 2014
I could go on and on, it wasn’t like he was putting us up in the best of Hotels. One hotel had bed bugs the size of water bugs. I didn’t live like that. I didn’t even know beds had bugs. I heard of out-houses but never saw them until I travel with him. And they had the nerve to tell me I was too picky. Now you know why I post on this board. The things that were done to me at the hands of these so called, “Men of Who” was unreal. And to think I really believed at that time I was bless to be in the number. The truth has got to be told.
Scales off

United States

#7732 Apr 10, 2014
Gee-Tee wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only didn’t he take care of the bands, he took us young girls out of school to travel with him. Not one time did he think he should be responsible for something as simple as personal needs? That always bothered me, one of the riches Churches in the world and the Leader didn’t think the reason I wasn’t wearing stockings to Church tonight was because they were torn. I had to wait for him to give me 1.00 after singing to buy them.
We traveled with him and had to beg members to buy us the things we needed.
This is ridiculous. And as ignorant as we all were. We justified there actions. But thank The Lord he woke me up to realize the he is in me and I am in him. I am a man of God for he dwells in me. I am not a man if daddy.
Scales off

United States

#7733 Apr 10, 2014
Gee-Tee wrote:
I could go on and on, it wasn’t like he was putting us up in the best of Hotels. One hotel had bed bugs the size of water bugs. I didn’t live like that. I didn’t even know beds had bugs. I heard of out-houses but never saw them until I travel with him. And they had the nerve to tell me I was too picky. Now you know why I post on this board. The things that were done to me at the hands of these so called,“Men of Who” was unreal. And to think I really believed at that time I was bless to be in the number. The truth has got to be told.
Agreed!!!!!!

Bed bugs. Wow. 2.00 wow.

That a shame. No pride in that.

Wait wait. What was it?
Church hubris. Lol. Lol ok

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min Liam 584,346
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Sat Jaimie 84,074
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... Sat Sherlayne 8
News Pope Francis visit to Cuba confirmed Sat W A Y L O N 2
News Extremists sought in possible plot against the ... Fri tomin cali 1
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Fri JJF 664
News Ion Mihai Pacepa 46 minutes ago History often r... Apr 24 Tom Jones 1
More from around the web