United House of Prayer for All People...

United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

There are 10173 comments on the www.topix.net story from Apr 7, 2008, titled United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot.... In it, www.topix.net reports that:

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.topix.net.

MSD

Charlotte, NC

#7604 Mar 10, 2014
Scales off

Tucker, GA

#7605 Mar 10, 2014
One thing is certainly true that Madison said. " life can be beautiful." It truly can be, all you have to do is wake up.

1st believe that you are a product of God and that he resides within you. Secondly, believe no man without undeniable, factional proof. Thirdly examine everything you read and hear to its origin and allow the facts of life and knowledge of the world to manifest within and let it evolve into wisdom.

And I promise every step from that point will be lighter, easier, and God inspired. Believe no man about a place, being, or thing in which he has never seen. Learn whom God is to you. Right and wrong is not hard. But it is a choice.

What do you choose?

If you base right and wrong off of facts you will make very few errors in life. But if they are based on opinions, your life will be full of regrets.
Crazy

United States

#7606 Mar 13, 2014
Good morning my brothers and sisters in Christ
Married in

Charlotte, NC

#7607 Mar 13, 2014
Crazy wrote:
Good morning my brothers and sisters in Christ
Good morning. You miss everyone, too.
Crazy

United States

#7608 Mar 13, 2014
Yep at Married In TEAR LOL
Crazy

United States

#7609 Mar 13, 2014
Sooooo I suppose one has heard the sermon from the brother who preached in Charlotte mainly about former Evangelist Belton. It was during a big program there. I heard the recording and I was lost for words.
Married in

Charlotte, NC

#7610 Mar 13, 2014
Crazy wrote:
Sooooo I suppose one has heard the sermon from the brother who preached in Charlotte mainly about former Evangelist Belton. It was during a big program there. I heard the recording and I was lost for words.
Where did you hear that? I'd like to hear it.
Crazy

United States

#7611 Mar 13, 2014
Friends in Charlotte. The recording is going around so you'll hear it soon enough. The speaker blatantly called Belton a clown repeating Ronald McDonald. "Ronald Belton is a clown" and Belton was there bothering no one an stood there through that. Recordings don't lie and this is wrong on so many levels especially when WE all have screwed up at some point. Maybe the man just wanted to hear some good music since Te hummingbirds and Felton's band were there. Leave him the hell alone dude. These actions can be only be justified as pure ignorance and total hatred which is not of God .Sad that it's come to this. That dude just rolled out the old daddy McCullough red carpet for Belton and don't even know it.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#7613 Mar 13, 2014
Crazy wrote:
Maybe the man just wanted to hear some good music since Te hummingbirds and Felton's band were there. Leave him the hell alone dude. These actions can be only be justified as pure ignorance and total hatred which is not of God
The one thing I learned quickly is that ignorance breeds ignorance. The body is only as good as the head it's attached to. The brain can not teach what it doesn't know. Religion when used for good can be positive. However, what we fail to accept is that religion also perpetuates hatred when in the hands of the wrong man/men. What I find interesting is that these "pseudo Christian jihadists preachers for Daddy" have all the courage in the world when they have a microphone in their hands in front of people who are clueless. Yet those same men would never accept a peaceful invitation to sit at the table to have discussions about their doctrines with learned scholars and those who don't serve a GOD of FEAR.

I heard the recording several times over. The thing I found interesting was mainly all of the people that were in their saying amen and yelping whooooooooooooo like the brother actually said something profound. He completely created and confirmed the stereotype of the ignorance of the ecclesiastical body of the UHOP. If I were an older Councilmen I would be offended that this young brother made a complete mockery of the office/position of Elder. Funny part is that he scolded Brother Belton and warned against people following "clowns". Ironically, he was up there yelling in the microphone to people who are "following" him. Brother Belton was in there by himself with NO followers. Which brother made more of a fool of himself? As I've known it the UHOP is for ALL people; if not then I would suspect a little false holy advertisement going on.

In closing I've had several phone calls from members who were in the service and they were all disgusted with that brother's rant. I can imagine that there were young children and teenagers in the service listening to that foolishness and my heart ached for the future of those brilliant black minds (sheeple) that he shepherds. I would bet that if you surveyed the people that were there a good majority of them were appalled. However, they don't have the courage to speak up OPENLY. Then there were those that agreed with his antics. They simply confirmed their lack of intellectual discernment.

After hearing that sermon (I'm being generous by the way) I guess people will be lining up outside the UHOP giving their lives to Christ (insert sarcastic voice). GOOD LUCK WITH THAT. Dear seminary instructors you should really be proud of what you created with that young man... o_O
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#7614 Mar 13, 2014
One last post in them I'm going to try to whip up some dinner for my family.

Let's do a quick history lesson. I've done this before on this site but I'll do it again. The excerpt comes from the Constitution and Bylaws of the UHOP in 1929 written by Brother Grace.

Article II.(Purpose)

The purpose of the organization is to establish, maintain and perpetuate the doctrine of Christianity and the Apostolic Faith throughout the world among all people; to erect houses of prayer and worship where all people may gather for prayer and to worship the Almighty God in Spirit and in Truth, irrespective of denomination or creed, and to maintain the Apostolic Faith of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

The above language is exactly as it appears. Don't take my word for it get a copy and read it for yourself let's make some key points.

The language "house of prayer" is in lowercase. That's not a typo nor is it by mistake.

irrespective--without regard to something else, especially something specified; ignoring or discounting

creed--1.any system, doctrine, or formula of religious belief, as of a denomination.
2. any system or codification of belief or of opinion.
3. an authoritative, formulated statement of the chief articles of Christian belief, as the Apostles' Creed, the Nicene Creed, or the Athanasian Creed.

denomination--1. a religious group, usually including many local churches, often larger than a sect: the Lutheran denomination.
2. one of the grades or degrees in a series of designations of quantity, value, measure, weight, etc.: He paid $500 in bills of small denomination.
3. a name or designation, especially one for a class of things.
4. a class or kind of persons or things distinguished by a specific name.
5. the act of naming or designating a person or thing.

Brother Cultastic what sir is your point? The point is UHOP people are unlearned about their own history and literature let alone the bible. Your Bishop founded the church on the premise that ANYBODY could come there to pray. The language is clear it says to pray and worship. It doesn't say to become a member and to serve the Daddy. I disagree with his dogmas but this is one instance where he made some sense as it relates to his agendas. His ego just like every man that sits in that seat gets in the way and all good intentions (if there are any) go right out the window. Hence this brother getting up their calling another brother out of his name and threatening him because he's a bold soldier for Daddy Bailey. It's 2014 and we're still shucking and jiving SMH. Now you know why they need you to fear brothers like me. I just used their own literature to show exactly how far off track they are. I have plenty more if a learned UHOP member wants to chat.
never got an answer

United States

#7615 Mar 13, 2014
Yes I agree it was unecessary. His sermon should have been about forgivenesss and love not tryn to dog Belton. His father would not hace condoned his behavior. Shame on him. Kissing tale. He will learn
Lorenzo

Melbourne, FL

#7616 Mar 13, 2014
If I knew Elder Taylor I would tell him that the flight attendant called him a clown for asking what breakfast cost, while sitting in first class. And who has ever used the word "knuckle-up"?
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#7617 Mar 14, 2014
Lorenzo wrote:
If I knew Elder Taylor I would tell him that the flight attendant called him a clown for asking what breakfast cost, while sitting in first class. And who has ever used the word "knuckle-up"?
LOL Brother @Lorenzo that was a good one. I'll add to what you said. Since leaving the UHOP I've learned to listen more attentively to preachers and what they are saying. In his sermon he slipped in the phrase "favor ain't fair" a couple of times. That's one of Eddie Long's favorite prosperity gospel cliches. Now it could be coincidence but I would venture to believe that he used a line from oh nasty Eddie's holy trick bag. Now being that most UHOP members don't listen to other preachers they wouldn't know that he said it and where it came from. If he didn't get it from Eddie Long he got it from T. D. Jakes or one of the other prosperity gospel teachers. It's very popular vernacular in the "church world"; as they would say in the HOP.

Fast forward to around the 3:00 minute mark.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#7618 Mar 14, 2014
Jesus is Love, not Daddy. If the Love of Jesus was taught in the UHOP, there would be no need to deface anyone. Remember I told you that UHOP members dwell on us that left the UHOP misfortunes.

That Wish Craft is unbelievable. Again I say, if the UHOP members were taught Jesus, they would not have that joy of ridiculing some one from the front of a “Church”. They use their Pulpit like a Gossip Column. They feed on the bad in people and not the good. You can dedicate your whole life in the UHOP and do one thing they don’t like and they condemn you to hell. When their Leaders think its ok to denounce its members from the front, his followers will do the same.

Instead of trying to win back those that left, they do everything to discredit them. These are people lives and souls they are condemning God is the only one that has that power and God is a forgiving God.

But what can we expect from a group of people that never carry a Bible or read one in Church. And to think I was once one of them. I Thank God, I Thank God, and I Thank God.
GODS_FRIEND

Newark, DE

#7619 Mar 14, 2014
CULTASTIC AND ANYONE ELSE WHO CARES TO ANSWER:
I LIKE YOUR APPROACH TO THINGS. YOU TEND TO USE A CALM/NON-CHALANT APPROACH TO GET YOUR POINT ACROSS AND TO SPREAD YOUR IDEOLOGIES. I THINK THAT YOU HAVE A LOT OF KNOWLEDGE WHEN IT COMES TO UNDERSTANDING THE SCRITPURES. HOWEVER, TO KNOW THE SCRIPTURE AND UNDERSTAND THE "WORD OF GOD" IS DIFFERENT. BEFORE THERE WAS SCRIPTURE, THERE WAS THE "WORD OF GOD", AND ACCORDING TO HISTORY, WHEN YOU READ THE FIRST FOUR BOOKS OF THE NEW TESTAMENT, IT STATES, "THE GOSPEL ACCORDING TO...". SO THAT TELLS ME THAT EVERYTHING WE HAVE HEARD HAS COME FROM A "MAN". WE KNEW NOT OF THE LOVE OF GOD FOR US UNTIL A "MAN" JESUS CHRIST DECLARED IT UNTO US, ETC...SO ON AND SO FORTH..SO IF YOU WANT TO DISAGREE THAT THE MAN IS BISHOP C.M.BAILEY THEN THAT'S YORU RIGHT BUT TO SAY IN OTHER POST LIKE YOU HAVE MENTIONed THAT THERE IS NO MEDIATOR BUT CHRIST JESUS.
THERE HAS TO BE A LEADER OF GOD'S PEOPLE IN THE EARTH. IT HAS ALWAY BEEN SINCE THE BEGINNING OF THE BIBLE.
I ASK YOU THIS IS A HUMBLE WAY,
WHAT IS YOUR INTERPRETAION OF THIS SCRIPTURE:
Galatians 4:18-19
King James Version (KJV)
19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,
WHO WAS TALKING, WHAT WHERE THEY TALKING ABOUT, AND WHY WAS PAUL CALLING THE GALATIANS (GROWN MEN AND WOMEN) HIS CHILDREN?
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#7620 Mar 14, 2014
GODS_FRIEND wrote:
First of all why are you yelling at us?

Quote: HOWEVER, TO KNOW THE SCRIPTURE AND UNDERSTAND THE "WORD OF GOD" IS DIFFERENT.

It’s different to UHOP members only because you all don’t know nor do you all understand Gods words because the only words you all here are your "Daddies". Do you carry a Bible to Church to read along with what your Ministers quote, or are you taking their words as gospel.
The Scriptures are the words of God.

Quote: "THE GOSPEL ACCORDING TO...”

Are you afraid to call Jesus name why didn’t you finish this statement.

Quote: A "MAN" JESUS CHRIST DECLARED IT UNTO US

Are you saying Puffy the “Man”: is the same as Jesus Christ, the Son of God not conceived by a “Man”?

Quote: THERE IS NO MEDIATOR BUT CHRIST JESUS.

You got this right, do you really think the Hate Puffy spits out compares him with Jesus Christ who spoke nothing but Love.

Quote: THERE HAS TO BE A LEADER OF GOD'S PEOPLE IN THE EARTH.

Gods Leaders do not ride in Million Dollar Cars while Gods People walk. No Man who claims God sent him is suppose to live higher then the people he is leading.

Quote: WHAT IS YOUR INTERPRETAION OF THIS SCRIPTURE:
Galatians 4:18-19; King James Version (KJV)
19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,

Did you read this without understanding; it said Christ, not Puffy.

What is your point? We already know the Bible is not the UHOP strong point. Remember Puffy outlined it for you all 60% Money and 40% Shouting. Where do the words of God fit into his equation? I wouldn’t dare give you another scripture to read. You didn’t understand the one you just quoted.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#7621 Mar 14, 2014
GODS_FRIEND wrote:
You gave yourself a very strange handle. Do you really see you’re self as a friend of God. Maybe that’s why your beliefs are in Puffy only. News Flash: God is not your friend only he’s your Father in Heaven. Grace gave God a vacation, and Puffy said Jesus is busy, you have believed in these Daddies so long no wonder you view God as your Friend.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#7622 Mar 15, 2014
GODS_FRIEND wrote:

HOWEVER, TO KNOW THE SCRIPTURE AND UNDERSTAND THE "WORD OF GOD" IS DIFFERENT.
Greetings dear Brother @GODS_FRIEND.... I'm working this morning and unfortunately I can not respond to you until later today. However, I will definitely oblige you with a response.

In short in the scripture you used Paul used an allegory (parable, analogy, metaphor, symbol) when he referred to the Galations as his "children". He wasn't speaking literally that's why you see the word travail (the labor of childbirth). Clearly a man can not know the pain of going through labor and subsequent childbirth. I'll expand a little more later. Also if we want to talk about the use of the allegory father or (Daddy) and children in Galations 4 let's go back to the 1-7th verse to see who Paul named as "Daddy" to the "children".
Married in

Franklin, PA

#7623 Mar 15, 2014
Crazy wrote:
Where was this sermon preached? The Mother House?
abc

United States

#7624 Mar 16, 2014
The sad thing about this whole forum it's that we all need to learn how to talk to one another. I love everyone and yes I am. still a hop member, but I don't agree with everything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr RoSesz 650,173
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' Jul 24 make Donald Drump... 47
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul 20 Crusader 4
News The 'Obamification' of Pope Francis (Sep '15) Jul 16 odG nDmdea yoHl r... 100
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... (Apr '15) Jul 14 Hasan Sasirmaz 32
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Jul 9 South Knox Hombre 10
News Christian Europe Jul 9 bluestreak returns 27
More from around the web