United House of Prayer for All People...

United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

There are 10166 comments on the www.topix.net story from Apr 7, 2008, titled United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot.... In it, www.topix.net reports that:

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.topix.net.

Scales off

United States

#7521 Feb 20, 2014
Married in wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, he knows well that I do not fit the mold to be a real member. I'm not afraid to question, challenge, or stand alone. We go places together that are not HOP oriented. I'm pretty sure he believes DB is NOT the man, but, I guess, it's hard for him to picture himself elsewhere. And, he has a very good friend who is an elder, and he's constantly in my husband's ear preaching. That is why it's such a challenge for me. I can't babysit; I have to go to work! But, I won't give up; it's a wait and see situation. But as for, I'm going to continue to participate in this forum and learn all I can from all of you. One thing I'm sure of, the HOP won't come between us. He does respect my feelings, and I respect his; so I guess we've kind of agreed to disagree.
I understand. Don't be mad at his friend he is only doing what he believe. Your husband is wrestling with the very same demons we all wrestled with. In his mind he is trying to hold on to the other daddy messages. Meaning the HOP is real. It's right and just. He believes he is holding on the to the principles of the hop.

But the men who created the hop created the principles. I am sure he does not know this, daddy grace had over 40 children mostly who were not in the house of prayer. But some were. Tell him to study the beginning. And see how the web was conceived to Deceive the people. One book that you will find interesting is daddy grace: a celebrity preacher and his house of prayer. And Daddy Grace an anointed bibliography. Once he has read these allow him to form his own opinion.

Remember this there are two kinds of error: blind credulity and piecemeal criticism. Never believe a word without putting its truth to the test; discernment does not grow in laziness; and this faculty of discernment is indispensable to the seeker. Sound skepticism is the necessary condition for discernment; but piecemeal criticism is an error.
Scales off

United States

#7522 Feb 20, 2014
So many people criticize this site because they have no true understanding of themselves and of the belief system. Tradition is not religion and religion is not spirituality.

We were taught traditions, that many hop brother and sisters still hold on to today. And for some the traditions can no longer hold us in place. Now we begin to search for more. What we search for is a relationship with God. This is spirituality.

In order for you to be awaken you must first feel an uneasiness within you. Those that are on this site feel this uneasiness. Even those who claim to be die hard. That is what drive them hear. There own uneasiness in the subconscious. They believe they are here to defend the hop. Bit reading the postings really does intrigue them.

They know that they are not knowledgeable enough to defend themselves so they foolishly engages in illogical conversations.

However, this is not a bashing site although the truth has the power to bash lies, one May see this as exactly that. So many people have so many stories of what their life was about in the hop and now they have found God and have awaken. It is not our job to awaken others but to fellowship to the ones who have been awaken.

What information that reveal itself to any one person ceases to be a mystery anymore solely to that person. However when that person tries to explain the revelation to another, that person only hears mere words which have no effect or very little effect because the revelation was not intended for that person so the information fell on deaf ears. And at that point it becomes profanation not revelation.

This is why you can't bust the doors of the hop down and challenge the people because many of them have no desire to be awaken. This is why a member who raises a question about the hop becomes ostracized.
Married in

Charlotte, NC

#7524 Feb 20, 2014
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#7525 Feb 20, 2014
Married in wrote:
Very enlighten article, this is why UHOP members are told to stay off the internet.
When I first started investing the UHOP I was surprise of all the information that was out there. Remember, I had to go to the Library. Now all you have to do is hit a button.

Quote: The adoration of Daddy Grace was "not turned into assets for the good of individuals or the good of the black community." Daddy Grace did not conform to the ideal picture of messianism, because he had no social program. His own financial success appears to have been the sole purpose of this cult. He lacked the qualities of a messiah because he had no intention of improving the worldly status of his followers.

Quote: Records showed that he owned a soap factory, a coffee plantation, the tallest apartment building in the world, hotels, fabulous mansions and castles. It was said that he also owned John D. Rockefeller's old home in Mont Claire, New Jersey. In 1938 he acquired Father Divine's main "heaven" in New York City. In 1957 he bought an eighty-five room mansion in Los Angeles for $450,000.

Quote: In 1970, the "boyfriend of the world's" empire finally came to an end. After Daddy Grace's death the IRS moved in and claimed that his estate owed them $5,966,000 in back taxes for the year 1945 through 1956.

Isn’t it strange how someone on the outside looking in can see the lies Grace founded the UHOP on and the member’s refuses to see?

If Grace had used some of this Money he collected from UHOP members and created Social Programs for the poor. The Government would not have stepped in to claim their share. They would have written this off as Charity. But Grace Greed was for him self only and he didn’t care. Look how they refer to Grace as the "boyfriend of the world's", some title for a Man that claims God sent him. These practices still exist and are getting worst.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#7526 Feb 20, 2014
I quoted some of this article for the UHOP members that peek at this site but won’t read articles that could help them, this article has been inexistence since 2001.

Quote: Grace lacked the qualities of a Messiah because he had no intention of improving the worldly status of his followers.

Had to repeat this quote, something to really think about the Man that was so good at what he did he was able to control the minds of the people in the UHOP since 1921.
heart broken

Charlotte, NC

#7527 Feb 20, 2014
I know one thing for sure.I wont ever allow some preacher.or anyone to misquote a scripture to me again. When my eyes opened, I felt so deceived and ashamed. Ashamed that I never checked behind what was being taught. A mind is indeed a terrible thing to waiste.
Scales off

Tucker, GA

#7528 Feb 21, 2014
That was a really good article that was justly written. I personally don't believe that anyone on this site is purposely trying to say bad things about the hop, but rather pointing out facts instead.

Same with the authors, these so-called men of God are small fish in the pond. And they caught people's attention so people looked into them.

I can't understand why hop member thought and for the ones that still do, that a man could walk with no sin on this earth. That alone should wake everyone up.

But because we fail to read and investigate we rather be told our information we are lead astray. We have been brainwashed on a far larger scale than you all know. There are reasons why we don't get along with one another and why we don't exalt one another and why leaders take advantage of us.

Is anyone familiar with King Alfred's plan. If not google it. This plan allowed people like grace to manipulate it's followers.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#7529 Feb 21, 2014
Scales when I post, I try to give History lessons in my posting also. I do that because I believe Religion and Life should go hand in hand. A while back I told them how the White Man was able to conquer us. They sent Missionaries to Africa first. It wasn’t that we didn’t know how to pray. They taught us their way of praying. They put us on our bending knees. When we got up off our knees, we had their Bibles and they had our Land.

Big Business could not be this powerful if it wasn’t for Church. Church teaches you to have a conscious. Conscious to me is just another word created to control you. Once they were able to control your mind with this word, everything was a sure hit. They needed Church to enforce this word. That’s why they gave Church incentives such as Tax Exempt Status. Most Church officials are in Bed with these people already. If they weren’t, there would be no need for a Politician to speak at a Church.

I’ve always ask if God is up in Heaven, and the Devil is down in Hell, why aren’t we standing up looking towards Heaven to Pray. Of cause you know their answer was it was out of respect by kneeling. I then ask why I can’t show God respect in other ways. With your eyes close you can miss out on many things.
Of cause that didn’t go over too well.

Anyway, the powers that be will not rock the boat on how Church teaches. Imagine if you had the whole world thinking like the Powerful. Who would lead who? So we have Leaders and we have followers. It’s really up to you if you choose to be lead and never experience being the Leader.

This information has always been available. It’s now becoming accessible. What’s that old saying,“What’s done in the dark will surely come to light. When you have more people requesting answers, things change.

Things change when we want them too. Most UHOP members don’t want change. The ones that do are us, we left. When someone quotes scriptures to me I make them think about that scripture by towing in “a what if”. Only because I want people to see there are two sides to everything and maybe three. I was lead so long in my life I now question everything because I now know I can.

I’m enjoying your posting.
Married n2uhop

Lake Worth, FL

#7530 Feb 21, 2014
Hi. Have anyone heard the nonmember can't ride the UHOP bus.
The Man

Portsmouth, VA

#7531 Feb 21, 2014
What do y'all think about this then? He makes some strong points....

http://youtu.be/q_Q0gNZx4
Married in

Franklin, PA

#7532 Feb 22, 2014
The Man wrote:
What do y'all think about this then? He makes some strong points....
http://youtu.be/q_Q0gNZx4
I tried to acces that video, but it doesn't exist according to YouTube.
Scales off

Charlotte, NC

#7533 Feb 22, 2014
Gee-Tee wrote:
Scales when I post, I try to give History lessons in my posting also. I do that because I believe Religion and Life should go hand in hand. A while back I told them how the White Man was able to conquer us. They sent Missionaries to Africa first. It wasn’t that we didn’t know how to pray. They taught us their way of praying. They put us on our bending knees. When we got up off our knees, we had their Bibles and they had our Land.
Big Business could not be this powerful if it wasn’t for Church. Church teaches you to have a conscious. Conscious to me is just another word created to control you. Once they were able to control your mind with this word, everything was a sure hit. They needed Church to enforce this word. That’s why they gave Church incentives such as Tax Exempt Status. Most Church officials are in Bed with these people already. If they weren’t, there would be no need for a Politician to speak at a Church.
I’ve always ask if God is up in Heaven, and the Devil is down in Hell, why aren’t we standing up looking towards Heaven to Pray. Of cause you know their answer was it was out of respect by kneeling. I then ask why I can’t show God respect in other ways. With your eyes close you can miss out on many things.
Of cause that didn’t go over too well.
Anyway, the powers that be will not rock the boat on how Church teaches. Imagine if you had the whole world thinking like the Powerful. Who would lead who? So we have Leaders and we have followers. It’s really up to you if you choose to be lead and never experience being the Leader.
This information has always been available. It’s now becoming accessible. What’s that old saying,“What’s done in the dark will surely come to light. When you have more people requesting answers, things change.
Things change when we want them too. Most UHOP members don’t want change. The ones that do are us, we left. When someone quotes scriptures to me I make them think about that scripture by towing in “a what if”. Only because I want people to see there are two sides to everything and maybe three. I was lead so long in my life I now question everything because I now know I can.
I’m enjoying your posting.
@geetee.

I have never met someone who is so on point like you. I'm glad people are waking up. Change begin with smallest idea.
Scales off

Charlotte, NC

#7534 Feb 22, 2014
Married n2uhop wrote:
Hi. Have anyone heard the nonmember can't ride the UHOP bus.
Nope.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#7535 Feb 22, 2014
Scales off wrote:
<quoted text>
@geetee.
I have never met someone who is so on point like you. I'm glad people are waking up. Change begin with smallest idea.
Thank you for hearing me; once I open my mind to the truth, I never let it close again. I became a junkie for knowledge. I began to train my mind to think on its own, I couldn’t stop exploring. There was so much I felt was lost in my youth and I was trying to capture it. I’m pushing seventy real fast and I’m never too old to learn. I don’t know everything but I’m trying to dwell on things that matter only. I listen to the young because we can teach teach each other, and when I give advice I want it to be positive.

When I finally meet my maker we will have a lot to talk about. The one thing I will thank him for is giving me the insight to think for myself. That I had the power and knowledge too teaches someone else, without expecting something in return.

The greatest blessing one can receive is when they have helped someone. We are not supposed to use each other we are to help. This greed that has been displayed by those who claim they are here to lead us is unreal. I now ask what direction you plan for me to go in. Is it good or bad?

No Man who claims God sent him is suppose to live higher then the people he is leading. I can’t say this enough. God has no favorite children; he wants us all to have. That choice is yours. Now that you are learning, explore everything. If you think you have sinned, look up and ask GOD for forgiveness and go on with your life. I love you all and want you all to enjoy the good life God gave you just like he did me.

Peace
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#7536 Feb 23, 2014
Married n2uhop wrote:
Hi. Have anyone heard the nonmember can't ride the UHOP bus.
Hello all I haven't been on in a minute. I'll try to read back and catch up. I'm not sure if it applies to all "nonmembers". I do know that individuals like me who have openly expressed his or her views we are not allowed. I had a friend who left around the same time I did. She wasn't vocal she just stopped attending and joined another church. She paid for a seat to go to a funeral of another friend in her home town. They called her back a couple of days later and told her she wasn't allowed on the buses.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#7537 Feb 23, 2014
TRUTH wrote:
Find a way in to damn the UHOP with the KJV of the Holy Bible and I will give you a million dollars
Bro./Sis. Truth I don't think you have a million dollars to offer in this challenge. I'm also quite sure your precious Daddy is not going to back you. In contrast prove that the UHOPFAP Church on the Rock blah blah blah is specifically the temple referred to in Isaiah 56:7 (your failed slam dunk scripture) and we'll give you a million of the same dollars in return.

You make it too easy. "for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people".

#1 it says CALLED not NAMED
#2 it says AN not THE
#3 house of prayer for all people is in lower case
#4 without deviating from scripture how do you get to add words to name if the Most High specifically said what he wanted it to be named?(even though we know he said called and not named)

SIMPLE logic. Don't come in here and give us Daddy Grace's thoughts because YOU believe him. Taking it straight from the scripture it's no need to add extra interpretation to apply it to this small sect in America. Stick strictly to the the subject matter and dispute my four claims using your KJV. BTW we don't have to damn your UHOP it does a good job of doing it on it's own with the many bible contradictions.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#7538 Feb 23, 2014
TRUTH wrote:
<quoted text>
Your comments are totally outrageous! There is no way that this UHOPFAP faith can be damned because it is ordained by GOD. Read your bible and see it for yourself. If it wasn't God would have destroyed it by now. You are just bitter about some bad experience you had with a member or officer there. Grow up and be careful how you talk about the UHOPFAP because God is listening and he supports the UHOPFAP!!!
"There is no way that this UHOPFAP faith can be damned because it is ordained by GOD." <<< Did your parent's teach you this since birth? If so let me draw a parallel for you. They probably also taught you that Santa Claus was real and you believed it for many years until your intellect outgrew the myth. There is not ONE shred of evidence that GOD ordained the UHOPFAP or any other modern church on earth today as HIS house. It's only true because some man "said" so. The UHOP is not the only church with money, members, good music, apartments, buses. It's all you know therefore it must be of GOD. They tell you that just to keep your mind occupied therefore you remain loyal to the organization. Now if GOD ordained the UHOP wouldn't more people know the name of Bishop Bailey in ALL NATIONS?

Use simple logic they preached Christ in ALL nations. Yet Bailey only preaches A Christ inside the walls of his churches. I'm not saying that the UHOP people have no GOD. I'm making a point to say that most of the members don't understand the make up of GOD outside of the emotionalism in the building. I can even make a prophecy about you right now. The convictions of your heart are that nobody and I mean nobody can tell you that the UHOP is not in the bible. You know that you know that you know.

If you base it on money then your delusional because the Mormons and the Catholic church have way more money than the UHOP. If you base it on membership numbers again you're delusional Joel Olsteen can draw in 30,000+ in one service alone and your church has roughly 17,000 active members according to the last survey taken when Bishop Bailey first took over. I'll stop here and wait for you to catch up.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#7539 Feb 23, 2014
Married in wrote:
<quoted text>I appreciate your response; in fact, I appreciate all your comments and responses. You are correct, as I have stated many times, I go with my husband. I just feel like we should not get up Sunday morning and go in 2 different directions to worship. I do try to feed him information with a long handle spoon. I've tried to get him to read comments on this forum, but he won't. He definitely knows how I feel about the HOP, and now I'm more distant than ever. I'm praying and asking the Lord for guidance in handling this situation. It's to the point where I feel ridiculous sitting there looking at a bunch of brainwashed people praising some man.
The saddest part of your story is that the leadership and clergy fully understand the rate of divorce that the difference of religious "TRUTH" and beliefs is causing. Instead of addressing the problem they continue to let people suffer. They are too coward to face it. Instead they blame the followers. They need to man up and be honest and tell the truth. GOD didn't ordain any one place of worship PERIOD. Ironically GOD did ordain life and family. Family being the one institution that the UHOP all but destroys slowly and methodically like a spiritual cancer.

GOD blessed you and your husband to know the joys of love. Yet that same GOD allowed the two of you to be in disarray because of a MAN in a church and a set of religious beliefs. That's a contradiction and I don't believe that's the way GOD operates. The thing I find interesting that I picked up on is that I'm not sure your husband can even understand how much of a sacrifice you make for your marriage by sitting up in there with him through all of the lies, manipulation, and deception. That's GOD in you my sister. I pray your strength
Married in

Franklin, PA

#7540 Feb 23, 2014
Cultastic wrote:
<quoted text>
The saddest part of your story is that the leadership and clergy fully understand the rate of divorce that the difference of religious "TRUTH" and beliefs is causing. Instead of addressing the problem they continue to let people suffer. They are too coward to face it. Instead they blame the followers. They need to man up and be honest and tell the truth. GOD didn't ordain any one place of worship PERIOD. Ironically GOD did ordain life and family. Family being the one institution that the UHOP all but destroys slowly and methodically like a spiritual cancer.
GOD blessed you and your husband to know the joys of love. Yet that same GOD allowed the two of you to be in disarray because of a MAN in a church and a set of religious beliefs. That's a contradiction and I don't believe that's the way GOD operates. The thing I find interesting that I picked up on is that I'm not sure your husband can even understand how much of a sacrifice you make for your marriage by sitting up in there with him through all of the lies, manipulation, and deception. That's GOD in you my sister. I pray your strength
So glad you're back! I have no idea how I ever found this website, but I guess God led me here for strength. I read these comments daily. I refer to this website all day long, everyday. I get so much real knowledge here, until I can sit through that foolishness once a week while my husband sleeps beside me. I'm definitely "armored up" when I go in that place. Thanks, again, everyone for these invaluable teachings. I really look forward to them.
The Man

Bladensburg, MD

#7541 Feb 23, 2014

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Just Think 646,870
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Wed sharona 5
News Nation-Now 57 mins ago 10:35 a.m.Pope Francis s... Jun 27 Rev Cash Dollar 1
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Jun 1 Michael 7
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May '16 Gods r Delusions ... 4
More from around the web