United House of Prayer for All People...

United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

There are 10638 comments on the www.topix.net story from Apr 7, 2008, titled United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot.... In it, www.topix.net reports that:

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.topix.net.

Married in

Charlotte, NC

#7420 Feb 7, 2014
Crazy wrote:
I've been talking to a relative who is still an active member. He has been venting about the constant badgering for more money. I asked him do they know what the money is used for? He couldn't answer. That's really sad that the members don't know or when asked they get their heads chopped off. What's worse they bring their kids with the same [email protected] it's been said several times on this board about using some Funds to help the members and community but we all know it'll never happen until the members stick together and demand change . IJS
I believe that even the "unmovable/unshakeable " members are finally beginning to get tired of the constant badgering for mo money, mo money, mo money. And, that's why I agree they have the right "Daddy" in the seat now. This greedy man is causing more light to shine on the UHOP, therefore, allowing people to see it for what it really is. Personally, when they started that $2,000 club, I came to my senses immediately...lol!
Crazy

Newport News, VA

#7421 Feb 7, 2014
Saint Married In!!!!!!! SHE QUALIFIES FOR BIG DADDYS CLUB!!!!!! GIVE HER A BADGE!!!!!!!!!! YAYYYYYYY! LOL FOH! SMDH!
Married in

Charlotte, NC

#7422 Feb 7, 2014
Crazy wrote:
Saint Married In!!!!!!! SHE QUALIFIES FOR BIG DADDYS CLUB!!!!!! GIVE HER A BADGE!!!!!!!!!! YAYYYYYYY! LOL FOH! SMDH!
Can I just have the money, please, Crazy?
Married in

Charlotte, NC

#7423 Feb 7, 2014
Crazy wrote:
Not quite sure why you ended your comment with YAYYYYYYY! LOL FOH! SMDH!?
Crazy

Newport News, VA

#7424 Feb 7, 2014
At Married in .Yaaay of course was the crowd cheering for you. Lol means laugh out loud as yo out probably know. Then personally I was saying FOH translation "get tha eff outta here" and SMDH means "shaking my damn head" I learned these acronyms from snooping on my daughters Facebook page. I suggest you do the same if you have kids. LOL
heart broken

Chesterfield, SC

#7425 Feb 7, 2014
You all are making great points. Ive asked plenty of times where the money goes and I get the same answer everytime. I am told the money goes to the building fund.
Well, now my question is..if the money is used for a building fund..what is the purpose of having a building fund if you are not using it to build. Surely with all the money the uhop has, there should be buildings in every state in the u.s. and overseas by now.
Married in

Franklin, PA

#7426 Feb 7, 2014
Crazy wrote:
At Married in .Yaaay of course was the crowd cheering for you. Lol means laugh out loud as yo out probably know. Then personally I was saying FOH translation "get tha eff outta here" and SMDH means "shaking my damn head" I learned these acronyms from snooping on my daughters Facebook page. I suggest you do the same if you have kids. LOL
First of all, I knew what every one of those acronyms meant. I just didn't understand why they were directed at me. What I do is not for any round of applause, I just do what I do. Second of all, no, I don't have any children, and I don't need any children to know what's going on in the world today or what most of those acronyms stand for. Believe, I'm not some "square" sits or settles for whateva. Like I said, why did you decide to use those comments on me. They all seemed kind of unwarranted. It kind of explains to me why your screen name is "crazy." I guess you are. Oh, I can and will lower myself to the "crazy" level offline. You feel me?
Married in

Franklin, PA

#7427 Feb 7, 2014
heart broken wrote:
You all are making great points. Ive asked plenty of times where the money goes and I get the same answer everytime. I am told the money goes to the building fund.
Well, now my question is..if the money is used for a building fund..what is the purpose of having a building fund if you are not using it to build. Surely with all the money the uhop has, there should be buildings in every state in the u.s. and overseas by now.
Exactly, and the state I originally hailed from doesn't even know the UHOP exists, and I personally people there who are saints.
Crazy

Newport News, VA

#7428 Feb 7, 2014
Married in looks like you took the comments out of context. I was only being sarcastic towards the HOP and daddy's club and used you to piggy back off of. Trust me I'm well in my right mind and didn't mean to offend you if that was the case. In the future my sister please try to get COMPLETE clarification before you insult. Again I apologize and for the record I chose the name CRAZY as in having and laughing more.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#7429 Feb 7, 2014
If you really want to see how Church teaches hate watch PBS special on The Amish Shunned. Do we really believe our father in Heaven wants us to turn our backs on our family and friends because they donít believe the way Churches wants us to believe? I will never believe God is hateful. Some Men take the words of God and twist them around to suit their purpose. Shouldnít Church be free will? Why do we have to follow the rules of a Church in order for God to recognize us? We are his Children no matter what, and he loves us very much.

God is the one that wakes us up each and every day. Doesnít God see our hearts and not our outer appearance? Itís so sad that we have allowed our lives to be ruled by a Man and not God.

When I left the UHOP I had a lot of time to think. One of the things I thought about was Mind Control. If God wanted me to follow someone else why did he give me a brain to think? Were we supposed to forget how we felt and follow these so call Men who claims God sent them in order for God to see us. Once our Parents taught us right from wrong, were we suppose to allow someone else to change it.

I will never believe God wanted Ministers to Control us. Church has divided family so much you have father against son, mother against daughter, sister against sister, brother against brother; I could go on and on. The only thing I will miss out on in life is the love of family. I stand alone.

So much had happen to me in the UHOP and having no one to talk too I put up a wall. Those walls remain throughout my stay in the UHOP. I trusted no one and was always on the defensive. Even now I pray for God to check my Heart so that I donít slip into those old ways. To those that are now learning, I will admit itís an on going battle. Crazy you have the right idea; we need to laugh a lot. Thatís whatís missing.

Continue to always put your trust in the Lord only. He has not failed me yet, Iím Still Here.
heart broken

Columbia, SC

#7430 Feb 7, 2014
you are right GeeTee..all the crap and mess going on in the uhop, it really takes a toll on a person. I've been affected spiritually, emotionally and mentally but not anymore. No maam. I used to walk around with a chip on my shoulder but not anymore. I thank God for giving me a sober mind and true love in my heart for everyone. Even those that don't like me for whatever reason, I still love and it's a great feeling! No one is going to steal my joy and knowing this, I feel strong and empowered as a woman and a child of GOD.

@crazy...Sometimes ya gotta laugh to keep from crying.lol. I know I do.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#7431 Feb 7, 2014
Church teaches against Abortions, yet they forgive the person that kills the Abortionist. Church teaches against Gays, yet itís ok to uphold the person that shuns the Gays. Church teaches let them Marry, yet they look the other way on the Ministers that Rape the children. Church teaches till death due us part, yet they remarry their Members. Church teaches thou shall not kill, yet they open their arms to Murders because they give money.

Either Church is against sin or they are not. A sin is a sin, who said what sin should be accepted by Church. The only one that should judge sin is God. To turn your backs on what you view as a sin yet accept another is ludicrous. Yet we tend to allow Church to cast judgment on others. When does this separation of others stop? If you are taught the right things to do in Church, the errors of our ways will surely change.

Iím not perfect, Iím only trying to live the best way I can with what I have. To see the good in others before I see the bad, and to know since I do not stand without sin I can not judge sin.
Lorenzo

Melbourne, FL

#7432 Feb 8, 2014
Scales Off and others who are so put off by the hop, let's cut to the chase.
Daddy Bailey is the bishop off the hop because he was put there by Lady D. When Daddy Madison got mentally sick, she choose him as the senior minister and then it was just an automatic election. Btw, I can see them announcing Apostle Cunningham this year to that position.
As far as the money goes, we have no proof, but it appears to me that money was stolen and lost. By lost I mean either the money is frozen by the govt or was lost in the stock market. If Daddy Madison did spend $400 million, he had to have had at least $1.2 billion to start with. Daddy Bailey has spent virtually nothing in 5 years and the only plauseable reason is he has no money. These little minor renovations, which are mostly paint jobs, can easily be covered by the monthly income from real estate.
Also remember Daddy's Club was an accident. It was started in Charlotte by the pastors and it was only supposed to $1,000. When they met Dad at Derita one Saturday afternoon he went with the program and that night changed it to $2,000. My point is, Daddy Bailey did not think this up. He just went with the flow and made it work to his and Lady D's benefit.
Daddy Bailey is a mean man at times but always remember that he gets it from his mother. My grandmother worked with her as a band booster in Newport News and they had many arguments because ms dot was so mean. But the funny thing is that Dads brother David is on of the most gentle souls you would ever want to meet.
So continue to speak your truth but know that we are not brainwashed. If there was a way to force an audit of the church I would raise my hand and volunteer to put my name on that request. I have been told your need at least 8 people to request this. But who really thinks that there are 7 more people like me who would not be intimidated? My own mother, who had a chance to sue the hop 2 years ago backed down because she feared the backlash is gwh.
And stop with the bashing of pastors and elders. All of them are not out for your money. And most are not trying to sleep with every woman. Or man. There are bad apples in every church. Heck in every field of work, everywhere. I have found that most people help people out of there own pocket.
And please scales off no more delusional talk about you having conversations with Daddy Madison. He never would have said those things and if he did you should have enough respect to keep private conversations private. I once wrote him a letter seeking his help in resolving a matter with the general council, he wrote me back and told me what to do. And I did it. But the result was members of the council hating me. I could have pulled that letter he wrote me at any time over the past 18 years but it's private. And it is going to stay that way.
Why don't you all post some positive things about the perfect churches that you have found around the nation. And give us names and addresses. Not that I want to attack these houses of worship but rather that non of us imperfect join those places and then they wouldn't be perfect any more.
Acts 5
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#7433 Feb 8, 2014
Lorenzo wrote:
Scales Off and others who are so put off by the hop, let's cut to the chase. Daddy Bailey is the bishop off the hop because he was put there by Lady D. When Daddy Madison got mentally sick, she choose him as the senior minister and then it was just an automatic election. Btw, I can see them announcing Apostle Cunningham this year to that position.
Thanks for your input. You sound brain wash, you know all this and you do nothing. All it takes is one person to start the ball rolling. You just confirmed how the lie the UHOP was built on still exist.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#7434 Feb 8, 2014
Look at the real reason the Catholics stopped their Priest from Marrying. They didnít want to be libel for Alimony payments. Another stupid rule made up by Men that control the way Church should be ran. With all of their Child Molestations charges Iím sure they are sorry they made that rule.

Look how Muslin Men can wear all the latest styles in Fashion, yet the women must cover up and walk behind them. They canít even pray together. The Men can mistreat their wives and denounce their daughters. Some woman will kill their first born if itís a girl and are still are performing Female Genital Mutilation following the Laws of a Church implement by their Leaders.

Each Religion Leaders pulled something from each other. When they saw how well a Church could control its members, they had a field day. By us never questioning these Leaders action, they hit pay day. Grace pulled a lot from both of these group and many more.

Do we really believe God wants us to treat each other this way? God gave Adam a mate, was he suppose to rule her. You can make or break a Leader. We put them on Pedestals and let them get away with things we never would dream of doing. If we want a change we have to make it.

Look how the poor feel sorry for the rich. There should never be a battle between Black and White. The battle should be between Rich and Poor. Yet the poor feel sorry when we tax the rich. Can you send your money overseas to keep from paying taxes?

The Rich pushes the concept of Church because it makes us obedient servants. As long as these Church Leaders keeps their members blind and in line, the Rich can do anything they want. Look, this all go hand in hand. They didnít start to investigate Churches wrong doing until some of the people said no more, Otherwise business as usual.

We can change the way things are, always remember Edmund Burke quote
ďEvil prevails, when Good Men sit and do nothing.Ē Havenít we sat still long enough?

Jesus is busy, every time I think of that statement being made from the pulpit; I just want to beat some sense into UHOP Members thatís still stuck in there. Puffy should have been saying, Members let us all call on Jesus so that he can heal my knees.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#7435 Feb 9, 2014
Lorenzo wrote:
Scales Off and others who are so put off by the hop,
Why don't you all post some positive things about the perfect churches that you have found around the nation. And give us names and addresses. Not that I want to attack these houses of worship but rather that non of us imperfect join those places and then they wouldn't be perfect any more.
Why are you looking for a perfect Church? There is no such thing, you know that. Church should be in you and you strive to live right.

You sat back and allowed Dee to pick a Man she knew she could rule. You were supposed to stand up and be a Man. You were supposed to say no, Puffy is not the right choice. This Man beats his wife from sun up to sun down. This Man is mean to his Members.

Everybody knew it especially Dee. You had to hear the cries of his wife. You had to hear the complaints from his Mission. His wife spoke to McCollough and Madison about it. The UHOP might as well start handing out Credentials to Women if you are going to continue to allow Dee to rule you.

No one said all your Ministers were bad. We said they need to stand up to the plate. They need to demand more from these Men that claims God sent them. Pick a Leader that cares for its Members and most of all pick a Leader that know what to do with Money and know what Money is. Puffy never had any, how can he teach you how to get any. He has a mind of a poor child in a candy store.

Donít tell us what to say, you wonít say it. This board is now used for knowledge. We educate the people by any means necessary. We not only talk about the UHOP, we talk about living the way God intended, not Puffy.

I told you I will teach as long as God give me strength to do so.
Married in

Franklin, PA

#7436 Feb 9, 2014
Gee-Tee wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you looking for a perfect Church? There is no such thing, you know that. Church should be in you and you strive to live right.
You sat back and allowed Dee to pick a Man she knew she could rule. You were supposed to stand up and be a Man. You were supposed to say no, Puffy is not the right choice. This Man beats his wife from sun up to sun down. This Man is mean to his Members.
Everybody knew it especially Dee. You had to hear the cries of his wife. You had to hear the complaints from his Mission. His wife spoke to McCollough and Madison about it. The UHOP might as well start handing out Credentials to Women if you are going to continue to allow Dee to rule you.
No one said all your Ministers were bad. We said they need to stand up to the plate. They need to demand more from these Men that claims God sent them. Pick a Leader that cares for its Members and most of all pick a Leader that know what to do with Money and know what Money is. Puffy never had any, how can he teach you how to get any. He has a mind of a poor child in a candy store.
Donít tell us what to say, you wonít say it. This board is now used for knowledge. We educate the people by any means necessary. We not only talk about the UHOP, we talk about living the way God intended, not Puffy.
I told you I will teach as long as God give me strength to do so.
So well said. Thank you for being here.
Lorenzo

Melbourne, FL

#7437 Feb 9, 2014
Gee-Tee you logic is twisted. Lay out how 1 or even 2 people can stand up and change anything. Change never occurs from just a few. A few can start something but you need resources, money, and corage.
And I have continually asked you and others to provide us with the Perfect Church but you all keep pointing out that what is said in the hop is so wrong. When I hear people like TD Jakes or Joel Osteen, they preach things that sound good but are just as off as the preachers you mock in the hop. This world is full of fools saying things that make no sense. And I am not one of those people who say the hop faith is what keeps me here. I'm a lot more deeper than that. I know that nothing that is not of God will stand. The hop will survive this wilderness period. We are at this point because of the church's hubris. But just as Israel bought the walls down in Joshua 6, they got arrogant and lost a battle in Joshua 7. History does repeat itself. My job is to not just wait on The Lord but to also take a stand, which is no problem for me, and stay in my right mind.
Still waiting on those names of Great Perfect Churches that put the hop to shame. Come on Gee-Tee, help a brother or sister out.
3 Cheers for Daddy Grace

Virginia Beach, VA

#7438 Feb 9, 2014
heart broken wrote:
Well, now my question is..if the money is used for a building fund..what is the purpose of having a building fund if you are not using it to build. Surely with all the money the uhop has, there should be buildings in every state in the u.s. and overseas
by now.
Building Fund... Build in every state and overseas... The buildings now are never full during the nightly services , Sunday mornings, and are now barely full when The bishop comes to collect sacrifices.
heart broken

Columbia, SC

#7440 Feb 9, 2014
3 Cheers for Daddy Grace wrote:
<quoted text>
Building Fund... Build in every state and overseas..I The buildings now are never full during the nightly services , Sunday mornings, and are now barely full when The bishop comes to collect sacrifices.
Lol. Thats true 3 Cheers.. what's the point, when the supply wouldn't meet the demand. However, I was trying to answer a question presented to the board on where the $ goes. It was always said it goes to a building fund. But of course, I personally always thought it was complete hogwash.

It doesn't even matter to me anymore where the money goes bc I no longer give to that organization....too many secrets on where funds are being allocated.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 23 min Michael 687,376
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep 19 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep 11 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug '17 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul '17 Anti- 2
More from around the web