United House of Prayer for All People...

United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

There are 10732 comments on the www.topix.net story from Apr 7, 2008, titled United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot.... In it, www.topix.net reports that:

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.topix.net.

Gee-Tee

AOL

#7399 Feb 2, 2014
The UHOP has a lot of good men, my problem was if I Married in the UHOP I my not have gotten that chance to leave. I thank God everyday I didnít make that mistake. It seems as if all the Elders and Band Members that mistreated their wives were the ones closest to these Bishops.

We all were once proposition for our hands in Marriage. They drilled into our heads we were suppose to marry a man in the UHOP. My Mother like all Mothers in the UHOP was very disappointed that I wouldnít accept the proposal of any man in the UHOP. I remember Puffy in his early days; I didnít like his attitude then and now that heís head honcho heís gotten worse.

Puffy is arrogant and donít care what his members think. Even some of his Pastors are very unhappy. Yet heís jumping all around like heís untouchable. They like to say we bash the UHOP, yet the members complain to us because they know we wonít reveal who they are and they now see why some of us left.

Thank you Puffy, you are doing a good job of waking up the people all by yourself.
deceivedlongenou gh

Columbia, SC

#7401 Feb 3, 2014
Gee-Tee wrote:
I hear what you are saying, however all of these Bishops after Grace knew this foundation was built on a lie. McCollough said some of the same things. My problem is they had the opportunity to turned things around and they didnít. The hand few of Ministers that have benefited canít stop these Bishops when they get up to speak. Yet they continued the practice.
I will never believe the purpose of Church is to tell you what to eat and wear, etc. With all of the killing, cheating, and lying going on in the world, the best Church can do is control what you eat. Come on now isnít there enough sin going around for us to try and concur it. Why should Church be involved in things that donít really matter?
Christ Rock said it the best. I didnít eat pork Lord, but I shot John. Do you really think God care what you eat. Thatís why you say grace before you eat, thatís why you have Doctors, thatís why you have remedies. God said thereís a cure for every sickness on earth, but Man has to find it. Should your Church be telling you to refuse Medical help? Do you really think the Devil gave man the knowledge to open up your chest and close it back? I didnít wear pants to Church Lord, but I stole my sisters Money. Come on now, Give God his Glory.
Stop wasting the peopleís time on things that should not matter. People are homeless, people are starving, and people need help. What your Leaders view as a sin, donít mean I do. Havenít you had enough rules to follow? God made it very simple; he gave us the Ten Commandments to follow. If you ask the people to recite them, they canít. Teach love, it should not matter if you call God Allah, Jehovah, Lord, Messiah, Father as long as you believe in him. This telling your people to not socialize with non believer of your faith is crazy. Accept each other for who we are.
Church is the main reason people hate on each other. They donít like this, they donít like take. Donít go here, donít go there. Donít do this, donít do that. Iíve said this many times. We the people can change this hate if we view each other as servants of the Lord, not what Man wants us to view each other as. God judges the heart, not the outer appearance.
If Puffy spent his time reading and teaching the Bible he wouldnít have time too write letters telling you to turn your backs on someone in need. The only time we should look down on someone is when we are reaching down to pick them up. We just celebrated another year, what words of God did Puffy preach to carry you into this New Year.
Since these Bishops only "thought" what we should be doing, they now have someone like Puffy out of control. He could care less about the well being of his members. Somebody was supposed to stop this madness by now.
VERY well said!
abc

United States

#7402 Feb 3, 2014
Its not the hop that is wrong, its the head that's running it.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#7403 Feb 3, 2014
abc wrote:
Its not the hop that is wrong, its the head that's running it.
How can the UHOP be right if they continue to allow the wrong to control it? Shouldnít this right Church speak up about the wrong? You allow one Man at a time to continue to lead you all down the paths of destruction. The people can change the head that is truly wrong.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#7404 Feb 4, 2014
I hate when UHOP members get on this board and say the UHOP is right.

How right can the UHOP be if theyíre members never carried a Bible?

How right can the UHOP be if they allow their Bishops to take the place of Jesus?

How right can the UHOP be if they never organized Social Programs for the poor?

How right can the UHOP be if they give all praises to a Man?

How right can the UHOP be if the look the other way when the children were Molested.

How right can the UHOP be when they allow their Ministers to abuse their wives?

How right can the UHOP be when they continue to rob the needy for the greedy?

The question should never be if a Church is right. If you have to tell people you Church is right, then it is wrong. I would not have to sit here and point out all the wrong. The light of the UHOP should shine for its self.

The UHOP is not right; its foundation was built on a lie. Until that lie is corrected it will never be right no matter how many good people you have in there, they need to come together and change it.

There is no perfect Church but shouldnít they at lease try. Now tell us some of the things about the UHOP that make it right.
Married in

Charlotte, NC

#7405 Feb 5, 2014
Gee-Tee wrote:
I hate when UHOP members get on this board and say the UHOP is right.
How right can the UHOP be if theyíre members never carried a Bible?
How right can the UHOP be if they allow their Bishops to take the place of Jesus?
How right can the UHOP be if they never organized Social Programs for the poor?
How right can the UHOP be if they give all praises to a Man?
How right can the UHOP be if the look the other way when the children were Molested.
How right can the UHOP be when they allow their Ministers to abuse their wives?
How right can the UHOP be when they continue to rob the needy for the greedy?
The question should never be if a Church is right. If you have to tell people you Church is right, then it is wrong. I would not have to sit here and point out all the wrong. The light of the UHOP should shine for its self.
The UHOP is not right; its foundation was built on a lie. Until that lie is corrected it will never be right no matter how many good people you have in there, they need to come together and change it.
There is no perfect Church but shouldnít they at lease try. Now tell us some of the things about the UHOP that make it right.
This is why I have such a hard time giving to this "church" now. I know my money is not going where it should. Like the writer said, it is only going to fuel the greed of those who do not need it. I fight within myself because I WANT to give to upkeep of the Kingdom of God, but I know the UHOP is not that, and until they begin to organize some type of assistance for the needy, I will not tithe. Simple as that. I pray to God that I'm not wrong, but I just can't support the mess anymore
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#7406 Feb 5, 2014
Married in wrote:
<quoted text>This is why I have such a hard time giving to this "church" now. I know my money is not going where it should. Like the writer said, it is only going to fuel the greed of those who do not need it. I fight within myself because I WANT to give to upkeep of the Kingdom of God, but I know the UHOP is not that, and until they begin to organize some type of assistance for the needy, I will not tithe. Simple as that. I pray to God that I'm not wrong, but I just can't support the mess anymore
Good morning Married in,

Here is one scripture that I want to share with you concerning support of false prophets

Colossians 2:8 Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ.

God Bless
heart broken

Fayetteville, NC

#7407 Feb 5, 2014
hi married in. We must be cut from the same cloth bc I feel exactly the same way. This is what I do instead, I give to those that need it. For example, my parents are going through a rough time right now. Since I know they can't go to the uhop for help, I give to them. Whether it's going to the store to buy groceries or paying a bill they can't afford to pay. I give it, and with gladness. I have 4 young brothers that need clothes, supplies for school etc. I help where I can. My husband and I agreed that's where our money will go..to family in need.
To me that's the true definition of a tithe.
heart broken

Fayetteville, NC

#7408 Feb 5, 2014
I really don't see how ppl can walk around with over 5k for gclass...when your mom or dad or siblings are going through tough times.

I weigh the pros and cons..should I pay 500 dollars on a gclass report or should I take that 500 dollars to help a family member get out of foreclosure?..
To me this answer should be a no brainer.
Married in

Charlotte, NC

#7409 Feb 5, 2014
I do help people, even when I'm in church. Just before Christmas, I looked around and saw 3 young ladies sitting in Wednesday night service. After they took up the offering for the preacher, the Elder came back on the mic and asked everyone to give more so our pastor could be assured of having a good Christmas. That's when I got up and walked over to the 3 ladies who looked like they could use some help, and gave each one $30.00 and said "you three ladies go out and buy yourselves a Christmas present tomorrow." I do things like that on the spur of the moment. I enjoy helping others, but I hope they don't contribute to the fact that they're in the UHOP. I donate to hospitals (St. Judes) and being an animal lover, I contribute to the Humane Society periodically, but I feel bad that I can't trust the church because that is God's Kingdom. I thank you for the scripture and words of encouragement, and I will continue to help where I see the need, also. I guess, heart broken, we are, maybe, 2 of a kind.
heart broken

Fayetteville, NC

#7410 Feb 5, 2014
well at married in...Maybe so or maybe not so but perhaps I used the wrong wording and should ve said I agree with your theory. I apologize for that, I can be so extra..lol. I admire your giving nature and your passion to help others though. I don't have much but I hope one-day, God blesses me to give more as you do.

You are doing the right thing for sure.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#7411 Feb 5, 2014
When I started to read the Bible for myself, I read where in Jesus days the people gave of themselves. They help each other with what ever they had.

Iíve told you many times how God have blessed me. Those blessing did not come until I left the UHOP. My whole way of thinking was on pleasing these Men. I gave them my all, my mind, my body, and my soul. The moment I started helping those in need, my whole life changed for the better. I began to see a difference in how I was living. I began to want more for myself. The more I gave to those in need, the more God gave back to me.

The UHOP members like to say we brag about what we have, well Iíd rather brag about my blessing then to brag about what the UHOP and Puffy have.

The first law of the land is self preservation. I say do yourself first and what ever you have left give it to someone that needs it. You can not help everyone. And everyone you help donít always need. Pray and God will not let you fall prey to any schemes once played on us in the UHOP.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#7412 Feb 5, 2014
Should the question be which the right Church is? Should it matter whoís right or wrong. Shouldnít Church be here for all to worship the Lord in? Church should be like clothes and food, what ever suits you. If you like noise so be it, if you like quietness so be it. The purpose should be that we follow God in what ever way we view him.

Should there be a right way or wrong way to serve God. Who came up with these ideas? In order to gain and keep a congregation should we fine fault in how others worship.

The only fault you should find in a Church is when they want to control your way of thinking; when they want to take away your self esteem, when they hinder your good way of living, when they strip you of all your money. When the rules imposed in running the Church, becomes so selfish that they forget about the real purpose of having a Church and when the Leaders of your Church disregard the voice of others.

When the appearances of the Church buildings become more important then how the people are living; when the Church closes its eyes on sin because of the money it can collect; when the Church Leaders put them selves on the same level as God; when the Church continue to rob the people and never give anything back.

When this is all a Church can offer, then you can stand up and say this is truly not the right Church of God.
Scales off

Tucker, GA

#7413 Feb 7, 2014
heart broken wrote:
You knew alot @scales off. Were you a pastor?
. Not a pastor. But was very much in the in crowd.
Scales off

Tucker, GA

#7414 Feb 7, 2014
Gee-Tee wrote:
<quoted text>
Itís not resentment any more. I speak about what I feel Church should offer because things like sex plays a big part with the Leaders that can control the minds of others. I speak from a womanís point of view that has been violated at the hands of those who were supposed to teach me the words of God. Instead they taught me things my mind and body was not yet equip to handle. They change my whole out look on life at an early age. Iíve always said children are children until adults corrupt them.
There are too much ungodly acts going on in a Church. And most of it starts at the top. Wasting time teaching things that should not matter keeps the members minds focus on things thatís irrelevant.
These Men count on their members not focusing on what they are doing. And to keep that control, they pick things like food and clothes to distract you on all the wrong they are doing.
They all had some good in them, but I feel their bad outweighed their good because they never gave anything back to the people that gave them every thing. Not even a mind to think for their selves.
. That's Powerful. I agree whole heartedly and I very much empathize with you. M glad God has strengthen you to stand on your own and know who the true God is.
Scales off

Tucker, GA

#7415 Feb 7, 2014
Gee-Tee wrote:
<quoted text>
I read your response many times to try to figure out you age. You sound very young. Do you have that same conviction in school when your teacher is trying to educated your mind into thinking for yourself, I do hope so. Because by the way you write it truly shows your lack of understanding in a lot of things.
So you know the UHOP is stealing money and its ok because other Churches do the same. Should any Church be stealing money or have members going to jail? Be careful what you wish for. If all non believers stop patronizing the UHOP kitchens, they just might have to close the doors. Isnít your kitchens one of your best money making functions. Puffy is doing just fine, how are you doing, because the only thing Puffy is blessed with is your money. Gods blessing are with us all the time.
Question, the money we give buying dinners helps the UHOP in what way. Did the UHOP pay for your horn or did you pay for it. Did the UHOP feed you a meal or did you buy it. Did the UHOP supply your seniors with transportation to get to Church or did they walk. Just some things for you to think about; now tell us who is the real dummy is.
bless your heart. Sweet heart. Lol. Now if that ain't being told in a nice and beautiful manner, I don't know what is. Lol.
Scales off

Tucker, GA

#7416 Feb 7, 2014
Cant Take This Anymore wrote:
Im in Los Angeles for convocation and I'm from VA. I came with my husband and I'm so ready to leave. Last might Bailey told everyone if Jesus is busy you can call on him. Whatever you need he got it. When he is preaching now he has to remain sitting in his chair. That's right he is now preaching from his sit! So if I'm in trouble I'm to call on him when he had to sit to preach? I want to go home now. Something is wrong in the UHOP.
. I hate to say he has been preaching like that for a long time. This is funny. What is Jesus busy doing. This is what is ignorant about people who don't read. How can a man who is just like u in every aspect of being human. Tells you "if" Jesus is busy.... How does anyone knows weather Jesus is busy or not, do he have an answering machine? Well maybe I can call Moses or Elijah or David , hell I can give Adam a call. And if he will not do anything for you in a physical state what makes you think, he can do something for you spiritually.
Scales off

Tucker, GA

#7417 Feb 7, 2014
Married in wrote:
<quoted text>This is why I have such a hard time giving to this "church" now. I know my money is not going where it should. Like the writer said, it is only going to fuel the greed of those who do not need it. I fight within myself because I WANT to give to upkeep of the Kingdom of God, but I know the UHOP is not that, and until they begin to organize some type of assistance for the needy, I will not tithe. Simple as that. I pray to God that I'm not wrong, but I just can't support the mess anymore
. God has given u true sight now. The body isn't spiritual vessel. This is why you can feel the wrong doing. To go a little further, we were taught right from wrong from our parents, however when you have a feeling in your body that something is wrong it's only because you spiritual nature has tuned it self with your intellect. This allow you to rationalize that your actions don't feel good to you. It is great that you have closed you fist to the robbers of the hop. I have no
Problem giving to anyone who ask. But not a church. If a man is hungry I will feed him and clothe him. I will not give to any organization that don't practice the same.
Married in

Charlotte, NC

#7418 Feb 7, 2014
Scales off wrote:
<quoted text>. God has given u true sight now. The body isn't spiritual vessel. This is why you can feel the wrong doing. To go a little further, we were taught right from wrong from our parents, however when you have a feeling in your body that something is wrong it's only because you spiritual nature has tuned it self with your intellect. This allow you to rationalize that your actions don't feel good to you. It is great that you have closed you fist to the robbers of the hop. I have no
Problem giving to anyone who ask. But not a church. If a man is hungry I will feed him and clothe him. I will not give to any organization that don't practice the same.
Thank you for your insight into my inner self. The way you break it down just makes so much sense. I guess I'm hung up on the 10% tithing of the income part. Does that mean I'm obligated to spend 10% monthly, or do I give as I see fit and can afford. Like I told my husband (who still believes in the UHOP, but not necessarily in "the man, especially this man",) as I look around, I see children in need of things. I even bought 1 little boy a trumpet because he was so excited about the music and would constantly blow an imaginary horn. I said "I'm going to buy that boy a horn;" and I did. He was so happy when we gave it to him, he actually dropped to his knees." I see a need for some of the children to have help with their grooming and clothing. I've already chosen a little girl to buy some clothes, shoes, and toiletries for. But, I think a real church should have organizations within the overall organization for mentoring the children. I think there should be so much more within the church, advice for people with credit issues, exercise programs; so much more, and all they do is beg for money. It's so sad; it makes me sick. I appreciate everyones comments and your insight. I just want to be ok with God.
Crazy

Newport News, VA

#7419 Feb 7, 2014
I've been talking to a relative who is still an active member. He has been venting about the constant badgering for more money. I asked him do they know what the money is used for? He couldn't answer. That's really sad that the members don't know or when asked they get their heads chopped off. What's worse they bring their kids with the same mentality.@Marriedin it's been said several times on this board about using some Funds to help the members and community but we all know it'll never happen until the members stick together and demand change . IJS

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min Anthony MN 695,503
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... (Aug '17) Feb 11 C Kersey 3
News Vatican mulls putting end to limbo (Apr '07) Feb 6 Leary 43
News Vatican nixes former Irish president from Women... Feb 2 Mullah Pres Elect... 1
News Pope accepts resignation of auxiliary bishop of... Feb 2 Pope MS USA News 6
News Faith Matters: Top local faith stories for 2017 Jan 21 question 2
News Love in the air: Pope marries couple on papal p... Jan '18 Pardon Pard 1
More from around the web