United House of Prayer for All People...

United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

There are 10159 comments on the www.topix.net story from Apr 7, 2008, titled United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot.... In it, www.topix.net reports that:

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.topix.net.

Married in

Charlotte, NC

#7378 Jan 28, 2014
Gee-Tee wrote:
I hear what you are saying, however all of these Bishops after Grace knew this foundation was built on a lie. McCollough said some of the same things. My problem is they had the opportunity to turned things around and they didn’t. The hand few of Ministers that have benefited can’t stop these Bishops when they get up to speak. Yet they continued the practice.
I will never believe the purpose of Church is to tell you what to eat and wear, etc. With all of the killing, cheating, and lying going on in the world, the best Church can do is control what you eat. Come on now isn’t there enough sin going around for us to try and concur it. Why should Church be involved in things that don’t really matter?
Christ Rock said it the best. I didn’t eat pork Lord, but I shot John. Do you really think God care what you eat. That’s why you say grace before you eat, that’s why you have Doctors, that’s why you have remedies. God said there’s a cure for every sickness on earth, but Man has to find it. Should your Church be telling you to refuse Medical help? Do you really think the Devil gave man the knowledge to open up your chest and close it back? I didn’t wear pants to Church Lord, but I stole my sisters Money. Come on now, Give God his Glory.
Stop wasting the people’s time on things that should not matter. People are homeless, people are starving, and people need help. What your Leaders view as a sin, don’t mean I do. Haven’t you had enough rules to follow? God made it very simple; he gave us the Ten Commandments to follow. If you ask the people to recite them, they can’t. Teach love, it should not matter if you call God Allah, Jehovah, Lord, Messiah, Father as long as you believe in him. This telling your people to not socialize with non believer of your faith is crazy. Accept each other for who we are.
Church is the main reason people hate on each other. They don’t like this, they don’t like take. Don’t go here, don’t go there. Don’t do this, don’t do that. I’ve said this many times. We the people can change this hate if we view each other as servants of the Lord, not what Man wants us to view each other as. God judges the heart, not the outer appearance.
If Puffy spent his time reading and teaching the Bible he wouldn’t have time too write letters telling you to turn your backs on someone in need. The only time we should look down on someone is when we are reaching down to pick them up. We just celebrated another year, what words of God did Puffy preach to carry you into this New Year.
Since these Bishops only "thought" what we should be doing, they now have someone like Puffy out of control. He could care less about the well being of his members. Somebody was supposed to stop this madness by now.
You are so right, Gee Tee. I sat there Sunday with my husband sleeping through most of the service and listened to them begging for Daddy's love gift, Daddy's birthday gift, Daddy's valentine's gift, reading off the announcements which all but 1 would cost money; and I thought how can these people afford to go here. I give an offering, and that's it, but those people continue to march around that place giving up money like it's really going to get them in heaven. They even asked for an offering from the children 0 to some age. How do you give an offering if you're 0? And, I noticed also as someone else said, no adults are joining now. Only people putting names of babies "on the roll." It's amazing to me that these people think that this 1 man who NEVER gives anything back is going to lead them to the Promised Land. What does it take to make a person think, "if I live right and try to do the right thing, and help my fellow man, that might get me in." I just don't get the power this place has over these people.
Scales off

United States

#7379 Jan 28, 2014
I agree @ GeeTee, I feel your pain and you seem to have a lot of resentment. I know the HOP and it's cultural teachings are for profit and don't truly care about individuals in the church. However, I am not angry with them because they are not alone. I was more angry at myself for being THOROUGHLY educated and I allowed myself to be tricked an fooled because I fail to use the gift that my scholars gave me for the one thing that I held so deeply.

And that gift is the gift of research.

I failed to research who I was, who the church was, what the HOP was, who Manuel De Graca was, who the men of the bible was, so I became more angry at myself not the organization. The HOP taught me a lot and gave me great skills which made me great in what they call the world today. And as biblical teaching and African proverbs teach, your heart can only manifest what you put in it. And I have no hate for the hop or their bishops.

Supposedly God will handle all good doers and evil doers on the other side, but he also gave me brains to handle me on this side. I will not willingly succumb to any preacher of any sort. I have my own view through research. And I know what I believe and I know the God I serve will not let me down.

@geetee. I think you are right in every aspect that you speak about. I believe every man and woman is foul to a degree none of us are walking holy. For that you must not be led by any man or woman. Those old leaders in the hop were wrong, but they had some good in them too. I don't want to sound like a judge but I have yet to see good deeds from Clarence or Delores. I have yet to hear testimonies of someone in the church speaking personally of what Clarence has done for them.

Normally HOP MEMBERS WILL pacify themselves by say Clarence did I them what only GOD. Can do. Such as this, they will say "I was sick and I put daddy bailey picture on my chest and I was healed. Or I prayed and daddy you heard my prayers and healed my body!" I hate to say but this is utterly ridiculous and ignorant to think that a man can hear your mental thoughts.

If man had telepathy, surely he would not reduce himself down To being a preacher. Whoever prays to Clarence, call him on the phone and ask him what you are doing right now. And if you have to be in the spirit for him to connect to you, put your band music on and speak in tongue and ask him what you are holding in your hand or what color clothes do you have on. Lol. Okay let me he serious again.

The leaders of the HOP and every church or organization especially the mega churches are like replicas of modern kings of antiquity. Bottom line, some will be ok, but for the most part they will all suck. Because man can only lead as far as he has learned.

I remember I was told that Clarence was a short bus student. Come on now. Special Ed? sorry for this next line couldn't resist. "not talented and not gifted and sometimes shoplifted." Lol.

Seriously, Rule yourself and allow the true spirit of God to manifest in you through research. Word to the wise. The bible aint what most think it is. It's a stolen manuscript of series of old writings from ancient Kemet that was broken down and transpose in Greek and Greek philosophy was added as the New Testament. Research the nicene council.

I do have one question for any current HOP member. I mean dedicated true to the heart member.

What does it mean when you say, do you believe in daddy? What does believe constitute?
Scales off

United States

#7380 Jan 28, 2014
Married in wrote:
<quoted text>You are so right, Gee Tee. I sat there Sunday with my husband sleeping through most of the service and listened to them begging for Daddy's love gift, Daddy's birthday gift, Daddy's valentine's gift, reading off the announcements which all but 1 would cost money; and I thought how can these people afford to go here. I give an offering, and that's it, but those people continue to march around that place giving up money like it's really going to get them in heaven. They even asked for an offering from the children 0 to some age. How do you give an offering if you're 0? And, I noticed also as someone else said, no adults are joining now. Only people putting names of babies "on the roll." It's amazing to me that these people think that this 1 man who NEVER gives anything back is going to lead them to the Promised Land. What does it take to make a person think, "if I live right and try to do the right thing, and help my fellow man, that might get me in." I just don't get the power this place has over these people.
lol it's the chicken the music the men, the women, the gays, Hey it's the club. Wow. They replaced the liquor with daddy. Lol.
heart broken

Charlotte, NC

#7381 Jan 28, 2014
You knew alot @scales off. Were you a pastor?
Crazy

Richmond, VA

#7382 Jan 28, 2014
That's my question also Scales off. You have valid points . Were you and Elder? I would like to speak with you one on one offline if possible.
Married in

Charlotte, NC

#7383 Jan 28, 2014
Scales off wrote:
<quoted text>
lol it's the chicken the music the men, the women, the gays, Hey it's the club. Wow. They replaced the liquor with daddy. Lol.
Don't forget the macaroni and cheese and stuffing. I think that's what I go for...lol!
heart broken

Charlotte, NC

#7384 Jan 28, 2014
Married in wrote:
<quoted text>Don't forget the macaroni and cheese and stuffing. I think that's what I go for...lol!
That mac and cheese be on [email protected] in. Yes maam..lol
Married in

Charlotte, NC

#7385 Jan 28, 2014
heart broken wrote:
<quoted text>
That mac and cheese be on [email protected] in. Yes maam..lol
Best thing about the whole service! Now stop it...lol!
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#7386 Jan 28, 2014
Scales off wrote:
I agree @ GeeTee, I feel your pain and you seem to have a lot of resentment.
It’s not resentment any more. I speak about what I feel Church should offer because things like sex plays a big part with the Leaders that can control the minds of others. I speak from a woman’s point of view that has been violated at the hands of those who were supposed to teach me the words of God. Instead they taught me things my mind and body was not yet equip to handle. They change my whole out look on life at an early age. I’ve always said children are children until adults corrupt them.

There are too much ungodly acts going on in a Church. And most of it starts at the top. Wasting time teaching things that should not matter keeps the members minds focus on things that’s irrelevant.

These Men count on their members not focusing on what they are doing. And to keep that control, they pick things like food and clothes to distract you on all the wrong they are doing.
They all had some good in them, but I feel their bad outweighed their good because they never gave anything back to the people that gave them every thing. Not even a mind to think for their selves.
Gee-Tee

AOL

#7388 Jan 29, 2014
ComeBack2HopOrShutUp wrote:
All y'all on here bashing the hop. But still thinking to see what's going on, still checking to see how dad doing.. Smh if u attended hop and left, what was wrong all the years u attended ? Y'all kill me if u go to any other church they stealing money and getting locked up and y'all don't even have a knob on the church and some of y'all stupid behinds still Stay in hop apartments! Daddy still blessing you obliviously.. Daddy is real.! Call his name, you'll see. If hop so wrong , quit patronizing the kitchen, ur money still helps the hop too, dummy!
I read your response many times to try to figure out you age. You sound very young. Do you have that same conviction in school when your teacher is trying to educated your mind into thinking for yourself, I do hope so. Because by the way you write it truly shows your lack of understanding in a lot of things.

So you know the UHOP is stealing money and its ok because other Churches do the same. Should any Church be stealing money or have members going to jail? Be careful what you wish for. If all non believers stop patronizing the UHOP kitchens, they just might have to close the doors. Isn’t your kitchens one of your best money making functions. Puffy is doing just fine, how are you doing, because the only thing Puffy is blessed with is your money. Gods blessing are with us all the time.

Question, the money we give buying dinners helps the UHOP in what way. Did the UHOP pay for your horn or did you pay for it. Did the UHOP feed you a meal or did you buy it. Did the UHOP supply your seniors with transportation to get to Church or did they walk. Just some things for you to think about; now tell us who is the real dummy is.
Cant Take This Anymore

Santa Ana, CA

#7389 Jan 30, 2014
Im in Los Angeles for convocation and I'm from VA. I came with my husband and I'm so ready to leave. Last might Bailey told everyone if Jesus is busy you can call on him. Whatever you need he got it. When he is preaching now he has to remain sitting in his chair. That's right he is now preaching from his sit! So if I'm in trouble I'm to call on him when he had to sit to preach? I want to go home now. Something is wrong in the UHOP.
Married in

Franklin, PA

#7390 Jan 30, 2014
Cant Take This Anymore wrote:
Im in Los Angeles for convocation and I'm from VA. I came with my husband and I'm so ready to leave. Last might Bailey told everyone if Jesus is busy you can call on him. Whatever you need he got it. When he is preaching now he has to remain sitting in his chair. That's right he is now preaching from his sit! So if I'm in trouble I'm to call on him when he had to sit to preach? I want to go home now. Something is wrong in the UHOP.
I feel very sorry for you; it probably cost you a lot of money and valuable time to go to California to see that selfish person sit on his butt and preach (if he preached), but that man doesn't feel obligated to anyone. It's all about the benjamins!
heart broken

Charlotte, NC

#7391 Jan 30, 2014
Oh no! Im so sorry to hear [email protected] take this no more. Im sure you couldve used the money that you and your husband traveled with for something much more beneficial.

I wish I had something better to say but the best I got right now is, im so sorry dear.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#7392 Jan 30, 2014
Should Puffy be giving Jesus a vacation in his condition, maybe Puffy needs to call on Jesus so that he can Preach standing up like all Preachers are suppose to do. Didn’t Grace say the same thing 90 years ago? Following a Man that can’t help himself picture that, just saying?
Crazy

Charlotte, NC

#7393 Jan 30, 2014
@canttakeitanymore I'm sorry baby girl that you wasted so much money. Preaching from his seat? FOH! Does your husband known how you feel? Are you born and raised into the hop and how long have you felt this way? I'm told he came out to service Sunday around 10pm because the bus broke down and was carrying his clothes and the bus driver was fined $50.(HEARSAY! NOT CONFIRMED)
Cant Take It Any More

Los Angeles, CA

#7394 Jan 30, 2014
Crazy wrote:
@canttakeitanymore I'm sorry baby girl that you wasted so much money. Preaching from his seat? FOH! Does your husband known how you feel? Are you born and raised into the hop and how long have you felt this way? I'm told he came out to service Sunday around 10pm because the bus broke down and was carrying his clothes and the bus driver was fined $50.(HEARSAY! NOT CONFIRMED)
yes he did come out Sunday at 10 pm. But the reason I feel he came late was to make sure he got those buses love gift reports. Yes I was born into the UHOP and my husband is an elder that believes all this crazy stuff. We have been married only a few years but UHOP is causing a problem in the marriage because I don't believe all the lies that are being told. I was told by a member of LA house that when Bailey came to LA he went on every floor in that Grace apartment building and told them to move anything that was in front of their door. It just seems he should have more important things to do then that. My family is in the UHOP but I'm tired of people trying to put Bailey over and above Jesus. If Bailey is greater then Jesus then wouldn't he heal his own body first?
heart broken

Charlotte, NC

#7395 Jan 31, 2014
@cant take it no more, you are not alone hun. Ive heard of many relationships being destroyed bc of the uhop. Im considered a young adult, but in my single days, ive passed up on a few elders who wanted to get married bc of this reason. My family didnt understand. All my mother could say is..girl you made a big mistake he is a good man and an elder and a pastor..bla bla bla.. the truth is I felt it made no sense for me to marry a man in the uhop.if I know I disagree with the teachings. Im no psychic, but I felt I knew what was gonna happen down the rd.

My heart goes out to [email protected] take this....eventually you will need to tell your husband how you feel . If you havent already. Atleast for your own sanity.
Married in

Charlotte, NC

#7396 Jan 31, 2014
heart broken wrote:
@cant take it no more, you are not alone hun. Ive heard of many relationships being destroyed bc of the uhop. Im considered a young adult, but in my single days, ive passed up on a few elders who wanted to get married bc of this reason. My family didnt understand. All my mother could say is..girl you made a big mistake he is a good man and an elder and a pastor..bla bla bla.. the truth is I felt it made no sense for me to marry a man in the uhop.if I know I disagree with the teachings. Im no psychic, but I felt I knew what was gonna happen down the rd.
My heart goes out to [email protected] take this....eventually you will need to tell your husband how you feel . If you havent already. At least for your own sanity.
@Heart broken and @can't take it no more: Heart broken you are right! Like I say, I go with my husband, but he knows exactly how I feel about this band of thieves. I go with him because there are so many hoes looking for a man, you have to careful. And it's not that I don't trust my husband, I just know women. They're so sneaky and conniving. I don't trust them! Those women are so low until they will sit with their man in church and be staring at yours. They marry different men right in the same organization. There are a lot of nasty women there who can't be trusted. But my husband knows how I feel, and I know, even though he won't speak too much against the UHOP, he realizes that Bailey is not the man. He doesn't even mention his name anymore when he prays. As they say, stay "prayed up" for your marriage and your husband. It's not that hard to recognize that man's wrong doings. He gets worse and worse, and greedier and greedier everyday. I agree with whomever it was that said they have the right man in the seat, because he is exposing all the wrong doings of the so-called church.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#7397 Jan 31, 2014
Cant Take It Any More wrote:
<quoted text> yes he did come out Sunday at 10 pm. But the reason I feel he came late was to make sure he got those buses love gift reports. Yes I was born into the UHOP and my husband is an elder that believes all this crazy stuff. We have been married only a few years but UHOP is causing a problem in the marriage because I don't believe all the lies that are being told. I was told by a member of LA house that when Bailey came to LA he went on every floor in that Grace apartment building and told them to move anything that was in front of their door. It just seems he should have more important things to do then that. My family is in the UHOP but I'm tired of people trying to put Bailey over and above Jesus. If Bailey is greater then Jesus then wouldn't he heal his own body first?
Good morning Cant Take It Any More,

I was once in your shoes, listening to all these claims that these so called men from God could do and I started to really listen to the common sense that God gave me. I prayed to God to show me the truth because I knew the HOP wasn't it, and he did. I am still married to an elder but because of my leaving the HOP we separated. What kept me through the whole process was the good Lord and his word, and I wouldn't change my decision to stand with God for NOTHING in the world. Let me share some scriptures with you that show what standing for Christ will cost. Matt 10:34-39 Not Peace, but a Sword

34 “Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. 36 And a person's enemies will be those of his own household. 37 Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38 And whoever does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39 Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.

What Jesus is saying here is that when you don't follow the beliefs of others and stand with him I will cause division, even in the closest relationships. So if your husband doesn't understand what you are feeling just be prepared, I pray that he does understand and chooses to stand with you instead of against you. It is ALWAYS better to stand on the Lord's side. We must choose the narrow gate Matt 7:13-14

13 “Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy[a] that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. 14 For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.

Now as a wife the bible says you must still do your part but if your husband wants to continue walking to the beat of daddy's drum you must try to help him to understand what thus sayeth the Lord.

1 Corinthians 7:10-16

10 To the married I give this charge (not I, but the Lord): the wife should not separate from her husband 11 (but if she does, she should remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband), and the husband should not divorce his wife.

12 To the rest I say (I, not the Lord) that if any brother has a wife who is an unbeliever, and she consents to live with him, he should not divorce her. 13 If any woman has a husband who is an unbeliever, and he consents to live with her, she should not divorce him. 14 For the unbelieving husband is made holy because of his wife, and the unbelieving wife is made holy because of her husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy. 15 But if the unbelieving partner separates, let it be so. In such cases the brother or sister is not enslaved. God has called you[a] to peace. 16 For how do you know, wife, whether you will save your husband? Or how do you know, husband, whether you will save your wife?

Hang in there and I pray that your marriage will stand!

God Bless
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#7398 Jan 31, 2014
Cant Take This Anymore wrote:
Look at what happen to king Herod when he didn't give God the glory...What is going on now in the HOP and other false religions is nothing new, me were self absorb from Jesus' day.

Acts 12:20-24

English Standard Version (ESV)

The Death of Herod

20 Now Herod was angry with the people of Tyre and Sidon, and they came to him with one accord, and having persuaded Blastus, the king's chamberlain,[a] they asked for peace, because their country depended on the king's country for food. 21 On an appointed day Herod put on his royal robes, took his seat upon the throne, and delivered an oration to them. 22 And the people were shouting,“The voice of a god, and not of a man!” 23 Immediately an angel of the Lord struck him down, because he did not give God the glory, and he was eaten by worms and breathed his last.

24 But the word of God increased and multiplied.

These people were putting king Herod on a pedestal and see what God did to him verse 23. Could you imagine if God were striking people down this instant a lot of this foolishness would stop. Right before your very eyes Bailey is being taken down bit by bit, you said he can't even stand up to preach...SMH! What can this MAN do for anybody he can't help himself!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min kent 646,354
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Jun 1 Michael 7
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May 27 Gods r Delusions ... 4
News Pope Francis eases way for divorced Catholics w... May 27 truth 54
News Pope Francis meets top Sunni cleric May '16 Bullet Proof Pope 1
More from around the web