United House of Prayer for All People...

United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

There are 10772 comments on the www.topix.net story from Apr 7, 2008, titled United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot.... In it, www.topix.net reports that:

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.topix.net.

Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#7358 Jan 22, 2014
Scales off wrote:
Good morning everyone. I have been part of the hop for a long time and I woke up over ten years ago and continued to go on because I enjoyed the company of friends and family. However as I have gotten older. I believe that we are truly lost as a people because we seek the wrong things. Before I can get involved in the ongoings of the hop, I must first understand who I am as a African or an original inhabitant of the Americas first and foremost. Where I began and how arrived here and how did my African knowledge get transpose into a Christian book called the bible in which bible mean in Greek biblio " a book of books ". Why am I designated to reading the kjv version. Why is the New Testament full of English names if the so called Jews wrote the bible. And why are the old ancient African names still attached to the Old Testament authors. It is time to research who africans are and what contribution to this world we have brought.
Iíve always said Church should teach us how to live on the earth God put us on. If God wanted us all to be perfect why give us a mind to invent. There is much more to life then Church. If Church was teaching us the right things there would not be the haves and have notís. We all should have the same. Church teaches hate, greed and selflessness. It pits each one against each other. It teaches the class system. How many times do you here members say the Bishop should have more then you. If he claims God sent him to lead you, then you should have what he have. God didnít say, do what I say not what I do. All of those clichť comes from people that want you to continue to be followers.

Everybody canít be a leader however your Leader should never be a Dictator. We need to come together and help those that need help, not continue to keep them down. Thatís why your Leaders are out of control. They have too much power over the people they are leading. Church should not be teaching you what to wear, thatís what common sense is. If they spent as much time teaching love as they do on the things they donít want you to do, we would know what to wear to Church. The day Puffy tells his two wives to ware Black and White; he can tell me what too wear. Whatís good for me should be good for them. Donít they have a soul to save just like us?

Church should also teach us from where we came. Our History should come from our Ancestors. But if our Ancestors are not given the opportunity to speak up we will never know our past. If you keep your members on bending knees with very little resources how will they ever know? One Man should never run this show.

UHOP members are not progressing, and Iím taking about in mind. They are still living in the dark ages while the whole world is revolving around them. You have got to want more out of life for yourself. No Man or anyone is supposed to lead you down the path of destruction.
Crazy

Newport News, VA

#7359 Jan 23, 2014
Amen Sister GeeTee Amen and There is no way God can be confined to this one place and I refuse to believe anyone that says so
Married in

Charlotte, NC

#7360 Jan 23, 2014
Gee-Tee wrote:
<quoted text>
Iíve always said Church should teach us how to live on the earth God put us on. If God wanted us all to be perfect why give us a mind to invent. There is much more to life then Church. If Church was teaching us the right things there would not be the haves and have notís. We all should have the same. Church teaches hate, greed and selflessness. It pits each one against each other. It teaches the class system. How many times do you here members say the Bishop should have more then you. If he claims God sent him to lead you, then you should have what he have. God didnít say, do what I say not what I do. All of those clichť comes from people that want you to continue to be followers.
Everybody canít be a leader however your Leader should never be a Dictator. We need to come together and help those that need help, not continue to keep them down. Thatís why your Leaders are out of control. They have too much power over the people they are leading. Church should not be teaching you what to wear, thatís what common sense is. If they spent as much time teaching love as they do on the things they donít want you to do, we would know what to wear to Church. The day Puffy tells his two wives to ware Black and White; he can tell me what too wear. Whatís good for me should be good for them. Donít they have a soul to save just like us?
Church should also teach us from where we came. Our History should come from our Ancestors. But if our Ancestors are not given the opportunity to speak up we will never know our past. If you keep your members on bending knees with very little resources how will they ever know? One Man should never run this show.
UHOP members are not progressing, and Iím taking about in mind. They are still living in the dark ages while the whole world is revolving around them. You have got to want more out of life for yourself. No Man or anyone is supposed to lead you down the path of destruction.
It's funny that you touched upon the "what to wear" issue. Just 2 nights ago, my husband asked me if I wanted to go to 8pm prayer with him. I told "No!" "It's too cold to be running around out there in a dress when a nice pair of slacks would be perfectly fine anywhere else, but those macho, sexist men want to see womens legs." I told him go ahead without me; it's too cold for that trip. I told him I thought you could "come as you are" to the church, but not the UHOP.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#7361 Jan 23, 2014
Hey everyone! Please read Acts 2:20

20But Peter said to him "May your silver perish with you, because you thought you could obtain the gift of God with money!

This is when Simon the Magician just had been saved and he fell back into his old ways (scamming the people) thinking he could by the gift of the Holy Spirit from the (true and only) Apostles. This scripture right here REFUTES G-Class! You CANNOT buy your way into heaven folks! Also check out this excellent video about Salvation.

God Bless!
&li st=SPFzoEql-hGm_rVwPdr540HMdFT HrvynQH&feature=share& index=1
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#7362 Jan 23, 2014
Married in wrote:
<quoted text>It's funny that you touched upon the "what to wear" issue. Just 2 nights ago, my husband asked me if I wanted to go to 8pm prayer with him. I told "No!" "It's too cold to be running around out there in a dress when a nice pair of slacks would be perfectly fine anywhere else, but those macho, sexist men want to see womens legs." I told him go ahead without me; it's too cold for that trip. I told him I thought you could "come as you are" to the church, but not the UHOP.
You know their favorite words are,ďthey didnít wear pants in Jesus daysĒ and no they didnít everybody wore dresses even Jesus. Do they really think God made pants for men and the Devil made pants for Women? This is called Mind Control people. Accept what God allow, and if you must go to a Church, pick one that welcomes you as you are.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#7363 Jan 23, 2014
There are two things we have no control over and that are life and death. Why were we taught we have to die to be happy? That is not what living is for. Thereís no second chance. You sit around wishing and hoping for things you can change. I worked two jobs and stop giving your Daddies my money in order for my golden days to be sweet. You are supposed to live life to it fullest, not watch others enjoy. But you got to want more in order to get more. UHOP members beg God for more money and when they get it they give it to Puffy.

That Pastor that hit the Lotto wasnít supposed to give the UHOP a dime of that money. He was supposed to find someone in need to help. The UHOP helps no one, so why continue asking God for Money if you donít know what to do with it.

Most rich people did not acquire their money honestly, that donít mean you have to do that. There are a lot of things you can do that will better your lifeís condition. Stop waiting on God to make that first step. Life is what you make it. Stop dwelling on could have, would have, should have and make it happen. Learn what to do with money, so that your money will work for you. These are things Church should be teaching.

You should never go to Church to Pray and Pay only. I pray all day every day and I can truly say I am Bless and highly Favored. I give my money to help those in need, not to those that have more then me. You canít help everybody, but if you keep your mind on the Lords teachings he will not steer you wrong.

Mistakes is just a word, put it out of your vocabulary. Pick yourself up and start all over again until you get it right. Stop believing God wants Puffy to have it all now, and you can only get your reward when you die. As the writer would say, youíre next in line for that Miracle, donít let the doors open for you and you are still so blind with the false teaching of the UHOP, that the door closes once again for you.

Just something to think aboutÖ..
Scales off

United States

#7364 Jan 23, 2014
Gee-Tee wrote:
<quoted text>
Iíve always said Church should teach us how to live on the earth God put us on. If God wanted us all to be perfect why give us a mind to invent. There is much more to life then Church. If Church was teaching us the right things there would not be the haves and have notís. We all should have the same. Church teaches hate, greed and selflessness. It pits each one against each other. It teaches the class system. How many times do you here members say the Bishop should have more then you. If he claims God sent him to lead you, then you should have what he have. God didnít say, do what I say not what I do. All of those clichť comes from people that want you to continue to be followers.
Everybody canít be a leader however your Leader should never be a Dictator. We need to come together and help those that need help, not continue to keep them down. Thatís why your Leaders are out of control. They have too much power over the people they are leading. Church should not be teaching you what to wear, thatís what common sense is. If they spent as much time teaching love as they do on the things they donít want you to do, we would know what to wear to Church. The day Puffy tells his two wives to ware Black and White; he can tell me what too wear. Whatís good for me should be good for them. Donít they have a soul to save just like us?
Church should also teach us from where we came. Our History should come from our Ancestors. But if our Ancestors are not given the opportunity to speak up we will never know our past. If you keep your members on bending knees with very little resources how will they ever know? One Man should never run this show.
UHOP members are not progressing, and Iím taking about in mind. They are still living in the dark ages while the whole world is revolving around them. You have got to want more out of life for yourself. No Man or anyone is supposed to lead you down the path of destruction.
. I totally agree. Every since whites tried to control the masses with religion...I.e. Christianity... Here has been countless wars fought for the belief that a man think you should serve a diety. A diety in which he created. But follows has we are we don't want to educate ourselves so we allow someone to stand in front us a sale us again. This time we are asking to be sold. No leader should come from church. Or religion period. Leaders are leaders of people. Any man that's trying to show u the true God is full of shi-. How do I know this. Because he never met him. And if he can tell u he have ask him to introduce you to him.
Scales off

United States

#7365 Jan 23, 2014
Gee-Tee wrote:
There are two things we have no control over and that are life and death. Why were we taught we have to die to be happy? That is not what living is for. Thereís no second chance. You sit around wishing and hoping for things you can change. I worked two jobs and stop giving your Daddies my money in order for my golden days to be sweet. You are supposed to live life to it fullest, not watch others enjoy. But you got to want more in order to get more. UHOP members beg God for more money and when they get it they give it to Puffy.
That Pastor that hit the Lotto wasnít supposed to give the UHOP a dime of that money. He was supposed to find someone in need to help. The UHOP helps no one, so why continue asking God for Money if you donít know what to do with it.
Most rich people did not acquire their money honestly, that donít mean you have to do that. There are a lot of things you can do that will better your lifeís condition. Stop waiting on God to make that first step. Life is what you make it. Stop dwelling on could have, would have, should have and make it happen. Learn what to do with money, so that your money will work for you. These are things Church should be teaching.
You should never go to Church to Pray and Pay only. I pray all day every day and I can truly say I am Bless and highly Favored. I give my money to help those in need, not to those that have more then me. You canít help everybody, but if you keep your mind on the Lords teachings he will not steer you wrong.
Mistakes is just a word, put it out of your vocabulary. Pick yourself up and start all over again until you get it right. Stop believing God wants Puffy to have it all now, and you can only get your reward when you die. As the writer would say, youíre next in line for that Miracle, donít let the doors open for you and you are still so blind with the false teaching of the UHOP, that the door closes once again for you.
Just something to think aboutÖ..
beautifully written. Love it. When the pastors can give to the people and big a$$ Clarence can give, then u should give. Don't be lured into believing that the HOP is blessed and it blesses the community by being in the community. Do not fall for their false teachings when all they care about is your sacrifices. None of the ones in charge make sacrifices. Please listen to me. If your pastor or bishop has done something for you FINANCIALLY, It is not with their money but with YOURS. Think about it would u give to a scholarship fund to only pay your tuition at a higher rate than you paying for it yourself? Just think. Use your mind and the bondage of slavery will fall off. " Scales off"
Scales off

United States

#7366 Jan 23, 2014
Sorry for the typos. "I totally agree. Every since white men tried to control the masses with religion...I.e. Christianity... There has been countless wars fought for the belief that a man or king wants u to serve his chosen mythology. As post civil rights black people we do not want be educated, instead we either believe white is right or the preacher is right.

We invite ourselves to be sold into a new slavery. All slavery is mental and physical control. And all churches employ both tactics. It cannot be a religion without it. That is the true design of religion. To control through the fear of the unknown.

Here is something else. We (Hop) members don't want to be awaken because we are afraid to awake to only realize we have been dipped and fooled our entire life. Only the brave will wake up. In the words of Morpheus..." Will you take the blue pill or the red pill?"

No leader should come from church. Or religion period. Leaders are leaders of people. Any man that's trying to show u the true God is full of shi-. How do I know this. Because he never met him. And if he can tell u he have ask him to introduce you to him."
heart broken

Indian Trail, NC

#7367 Jan 23, 2014
Gee-Tee wrote:
<quoted text>
You know their favorite words are,ďthey didnít wear pants in Jesus daysĒ and no they didnít everybody wore dresses even Jesus. Do they really think God made pants for men and the Devil made pants for Women? This is called Mind Control people. Accept what God allow, and if you must go to a Church, pick one that welcomes you as you are.
In reference to the come as you are topic. I was told Jesus was talking about come as you are in spirit and in reference to the heart and soul. I guess that was another v lie.
heart broken

Indian Trail, NC

#7368 Jan 23, 2014
Scales off wrote:
Sorry for the typos. "I totally agree. Every since white men tried to control the masses with religion...I.e. Christianity... There has been countless wars fought for the belief that a man or king wants u to serve his chosen mythology. As post civil rights black people we do not want be educated, instead we either believe white is right or the preacher is right.
We invite ourselves to be sold into a new slavery. All slavery is mental and physical control. And all churches employ both tactics. It cannot be a religion without it. That is the true design of religion. To control through the fear of the unknown.
Here is something else. We (Hop) members don't want to be awaken because we are afraid to awake to only realize we have been dipped and fooled our entire life. Only the brave will wake up. In the words of Morpheus..." Will you take the blue pill or the red pill?"
No leader should come from church. Or religion period. Leaders are leaders of people. Any man that's trying to show u the true God is full of shi-. How do I know this. Because he never met him. And if he can tell u he have ask him to introduce you to him."
You are on it@scales off. When did you come to your turning point that the uhop isnt what you thought it was?
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#7369 Jan 23, 2014
Slavery did a good job on removing all hope in the in the minds of Black people. Church was not supposed to do the same thing. Its funny how having Power over the minds of others is so relevant. Church was supposed to correct all the wrong things created by Man, not having Man replace it with his theories on how things should be. We have debates and discussions for a reason.

Once Man realizes the power he could have over the people by putting the fear of God in them, they became process with the spirit of the Devil. I will never believe our God in Heaven wants us to fear him in a way that we put our trust in a Man that can stand up and say God sent him without proof.

What kind of God is you serving, to believe God have chosen Puffy over you. We are all his children, good or bad. The same things that happen in the world, happens in a Church. You are not removed from Life just because you go to the UHOP.

If things are not looking up for you, you need to pick a new path to follow. We are surrounded by more evil then good, yet we that know the way follow the good. The choice is yours to make, its time to make the right decision. Your Church should work for you, not against you. If Church offers the same disappointments that the world offer why bother going. Church should always be the one place you can go too escape. The purpose of going to Church has truly been lost in the UHOP, they need to change.

Teach the Bible, not Money and the people in your Church will know how to live on this earth God created. To believe you can pay your way into Gods Heaven is the works of the Devil in a Man. A Wolf in Sheepís clothing.
Scales off

United States

#7370 Jan 24, 2014
heart broken wrote:
<quoted text>
You are on it@scales off. When did you come to your turning point that the uhop isnt what you thought it was?
a little over ten years ago when Madison got sick. I would have conversations with him before he got sick and I would have deeper conversations with very important council members. Who basically told me it was all a joke. They believed in God but didn't believe in Madison as the great king of kings. They basically said it is what it is. And we have to continue on. But now that they have stoppers preaching they will tell you so much more. But it wasn't til he got sick that I realized the truth. When I saw the show being put on and the letters and the rolling in the chariot. I knew.
Crazy

Newport News, VA

#7371 Jan 24, 2014
Wow @ Scales Off. I would like to hear more. A joke huh? Does anyone remember when Bailey put on that robe resembling DG's in that picture where he was holding the staff? It was different colors but mainly maroon. Now that was a joke
Scales off

United States

#7372 Jan 24, 2014
Lol
heart broken

Indian Trail, NC

#7373 Jan 24, 2014
My goodness@scalesoff. I came to senses during the Bailey era. I see he cares nothing about the people. Its all about $$. I remember him saying in a sermon to go to the Catholics for help. Why not go to our own. Doesn't charity start at home? The uhop was supposed be a home for us. I guess NOT. I don't blame him totally, but the entire system, the foundation is wrong as awhole.
heart broken

Indian Trail, NC

#7374 Jan 24, 2014
Im with you @crazy. Id also like to hear more. There are so many.things that have gone on, that we know nothing about.
Married in

Franklin, PA

#7375 Jan 25, 2014
Scales off wrote:
<quoted text> a little over ten years ago when Madison got sick. I would have conversations with him before he got sick and I would have deeper conversations with very important council members. Who basically told me it was all a joke. They believed in God but didn't believe in Madison as the great king of kings. They basically said it is what it is. And we have to continue on. But now that they have stoppers preaching they will tell you so much more. But it wasn't til he got sick that I realized the truth. When I saw the show being put on and the letters and the rolling in the chariot. I knew.
What do you mean by "stoppers preaching?" I would just love to know what kind of information was shared, especially by Madison.(I know it's all a joke.)
Scales off

United States

#7376 Jan 27, 2014
Married in wrote:
<quoted text>What do you mean by "stoppers preaching?" I would just love to know what kind of information was shared, especially by Madison.(I know it's all a joke.)
im sorry typo. That should have been stopped preaching.

In short Madison knew the other preachers didn't respect him. However he was quite intelligent. He told me that most of the preachers say "daddy said" so the brain washed members go along. But he said these pastors won't be able to fool the youth because they are much to wise. And that is why the pastors shove daddy done your throat so that you will listen. He said i never said to give all your money to the house of prayer. Or come every night.

I simply told the members to come as often as you are permitted. Enjoy your life build up for the future of your children and watch out for the trifling people in the hose of prayer that want to tear you down.

He said, but that message never got out because it is against the pastors agenda. Remember the more u give daddy the more you give the pastor.

He told me he knew the house of prayer had money that's why he started paying houses bills and building new houses. He said the pastors was draining the people and it was a " please daddy mentality" that started under grace and he couldn't break it. He tried but the bottom line was the system is stronger than the leader.

I
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#7377 Jan 27, 2014
I hear what you are saying, however all of these Bishops after Grace knew this foundation was built on a lie. McCollough said some of the same things. My problem is they had the opportunity to turned things around and they didnít. The hand few of Ministers that have benefited canít stop these Bishops when they get up to speak. Yet they continued the practice.

I will never believe the purpose of Church is to tell you what to eat and wear, etc. With all of the killing, cheating, and lying going on in the world, the best Church can do is control what you eat. Come on now isnít there enough sin going around for us to try and concur it. Why should Church be involved in things that donít really matter?

Christ Rock said it the best. I didnít eat pork Lord, but I shot John. Do you really think God care what you eat. Thatís why you say grace before you eat, thatís why you have Doctors, thatís why you have remedies. God said thereís a cure for every sickness on earth, but Man has to find it. Should your Church be telling you to refuse Medical help? Do you really think the Devil gave man the knowledge to open up your chest and close it back? I didnít wear pants to Church Lord, but I stole my sisters Money. Come on now, Give God his Glory.

Stop wasting the peopleís time on things that should not matter. People are homeless, people are starving, and people need help. What your Leaders view as a sin, donít mean I do. Havenít you had enough rules to follow? God made it very simple; he gave us the Ten Commandments to follow. If you ask the people to recite them, they canít. Teach love, it should not matter if you call God Allah, Jehovah, Lord, Messiah, Father as long as you believe in him. This telling your people to not socialize with non believer of your faith is crazy. Accept each other for who we are.

Church is the main reason people hate on each other. They donít like this, they donít like take. Donít go here, donít go there. Donít do this, donít do that. Iíve said this many times. We the people can change this hate if we view each other as servants of the Lord, not what Man wants us to view each other as. God judges the heart, not the outer appearance.

If Puffy spent his time reading and teaching the Bible he wouldnít have time too write letters telling you to turn your backs on someone in need. The only time we should look down on someone is when we are reaching down to pick them up. We just celebrated another year, what words of God did Puffy preach to carry you into this New Year.

Since these Bishops only "thought" what we should be doing, they now have someone like Puffy out of control. He could care less about the well being of his members. Somebody was supposed to stop this madness by now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min kent 701,522
News Pope Francis reportedly tells gay man: 'God mad... 5 hr Tea Bag Residue C... 4
News God made you gay' pope tells victim of clergy s... 6 hr Hahahlolahah 6
News What Pope Francis and Obama may talk about (Sep '15) May 8 Serial deserters 54
News Alfie Evans' dad meets POPE to plead for asylum... Apr 24 C Kersey 1
News Pope writes Chile's bishops after receiving sex... Apr '18 Wisdom of Ages 1
News Vatican nixes former Irish president from Women... Apr '18 dubiecatholicarch... 3