United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ... Full Story
Eyes on Christ

United States

#7317 Dec 28, 2013
Maverick wrote:
I've been following this thread for some time and I've commented maybe twice. I just wanted to say that in your arguments against the HOP, it's best to stick to bible based points as most of you have done very well. I think it's silly to mock something like the 8'o clock prayer when no one ever said that's the only time God will answer you. If a HOP member wants to believe that, that's their loss & I hope they quickly learn that you can call on the real God at anytime. I just thinks it's silly and non-beneficial to bad mouth prayer at 8. Many churches have prayer meetings to begin their weeknight services. If prayer is good at anytime, then what's wrong with 8pm in addition to the others times we should pray (before bed, when we wake, over our food, in our travels, etc)? Lastly just to clear up where I stand, I'm not a current member but I can say at one time there was some good in the HOP. If they can get their focus off of the money and the band and on Christ and his gospel, how much better off they would be. Seek God's plan as opposed to the plan of a man who was not setup by God. The only purpose God had in the appointment of Bailey is to use his unappealing and degrading leadership style (not to mention his girth) to open the eyes of those in the HOP that are blind that they may seek Christ. All in love. Happy Holidays.
@Maverick..."mocking " or "to mock" is to make fun of something with the intent of being cruel; you may take it as bad mouthing but truly it is a fun way of showing how foolish and deceived we were. And...we want our family abd friends to realize the same. Some will and some will not. Theses bloggers intentions is to open one anothers eyes as most were members who were apart of all of this to begin with; and we achieve this by sourcing Bible scriptures constantly so there is no doubt that what is stated is not merely a made-up opinion. For example, irregardless, of what time ANY church designates prayer time as a means needed to connecting to God is considered to be a manipulation. Any HOP member will tell you that the "Real power" lies within the 8:00 prayer. Ive seen members believe in this so much as to drop what their doing....run to the HOP for 20 and then leave. When I was in DC...the mountain would be packed at 8:00 prayer and then slim down after the 20 mins. This is a fact.
Eyes on Christ

United States

#7318 Dec 28, 2013
The HOP is fun. It offers band music that will get anyone to their feet. Marching bands with competitions that keep you on your toes. Fundraising competitions that forces ppl to sell called working. Shout dancing that makes you feel spiritually good....and much more. Fun stuff. Fun and good times does not always equate to what pleases God. Bishop Bailey is an explanation many people use as an eye opener because of his chosen tactics. Some members say that the HOP wasnt always like this OR I hear that the HOP would be good if...this or that. As Gee Tee, Cultastic, Hebewsunite, and more have shared much information via news articles and videos about the foundation of the organization. The HOP was never built on the Gospel of Jesus. Of course, some ppl maynot be concerned with Jesus and what he has said or done. That maybe the case for some ppl, but if you are, then you will seek after Jesus words. Some suggestions;: Take a look at the founder, Bishop Grace, conduct. Read older postings on this blog and pull some real knowledge on the HOP. Go to the Jet magazines and read about him. Read books on him. Search Father Devine and pull Daddy Grace from that pile. The reason this is important is because people continue to use the excuse of "Daddy Bailey" and his ways. Bishop Bailey is not the foundation of the HOP. He was a young buckaroo; a product. Go to Daddy Grace so that you can realize that its the entire system since the beginning lies the problem Gee-Tee has worked hard to open the door on it....a Daddy Grace baby. Read Acts 1:41-42 but understand that it is referring to Jesus Apostles mentioned in the Bible and not made up Apostles of today. Also read Ephesians 2:19-22. This is some of that which informs us of the foundation that should be in place. If its not, then the congregation is in the wrong. See if the HOP is a good match to the teachings of Jesus and his apostles. Jesus believers will use the first congregation as the true layout or blueprint.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#7319 Dec 28, 2013
Maverick wrote:
Have you ever heard the expression,ďI laugh to keep from cryingĒ? The problem with some of the people that still believe in the UHOP teachings is the way they take everything that is said in the wrong text. The point is the UHOP teachings were wrong in how we were suppose to worship God Almighty.

Thereís nothing wrong with 8 oíclock prayer, it was the reasons behind having your members come to Church every night. Most of them spent that time Thanking Daddy.

I post from experience and the unfair treatment that continues to exist in the UHOP. I speak of things that happen to me that never should have been over looked in a Church. I speak of the hurt, the pain and the disappointments of the people in charge that were suppose to protect me. I speak about the things that remain the same. I speak about the greed, the lies and the deceit. I speak about my childhood that was robbed.

I may not express them in the manner in which you think is the proper way. I owe no apologizes to anyone but God. If I have offended some one on the things I have said, get over it. I have been offended from the day my Parents put my name on the roll.

After 90 years of brain washing its time to wake the people up, its like the writer said,ďBy Any Means NecessaryĒ I hope you continue to read and post. I welcome your opinion; this could not be a true forum without the pros and cons. I donít want people to think like me, I want them to THINK.

Peace
Crazy

Norfolk, VA

#7320 Dec 28, 2013
@Maverick happy holidays to you first off. Your comment of us mocking the HOP and SOME of its practices is only in a matter of opinion and I sincerely beg you to go back and read previous posts here that are filled with biblical facts from past members. Please remember that most here were born and raised into the hop But some always felt something was wrong but chose to stay and tough it out for various reasons. As for myself to was born and raised there and my family still attends and that's their right however when I post on this board it's therapeutic in reference to the many many years of emotional, mental and spiritual anguish that I suffered while there. Again, I'm only speaking for myself. So I would not consider out comments as mocking. We are only sharing experiences and opinions which we all are entitled to. I posted this in love my sister/brother.
Heartbroken

Columbia, SC

#7321 Dec 28, 2013
@maverick our intentions were not to offend you. I've been a member all my life. It just feels so good to express how i feel without being judged and without all the drama. Happy holidays to you and God bless.
Maverick

East Hartford, CT

#7322 Dec 29, 2013
Thanks to all who replied. First, I personally was not offended. I was just saying that saying the 8'o clock prayer is wrong will not make a current member say, "you're right. I'm leaving the HOP." I know there have been many scriptures posted here to support certain opinions and beliefs and that's what I liked about this blog. However, just like some HOP people don't know how to properly defend what they believe, all that some outside of the HOP know how to say is "daddy is wrong." I'm not saying that's you all. You all have used scriptures. I'm just saying continue. Also, I stand by my point that there are things about the HOP that are good. Nothing wrong with uniforming, auxiliaries, working in the kitchen, raising money, having bands, etc. The problem is the emphasis is on these things and not the word. The problem is when you replace Jesus with Daddy. The problem is when you go overboard. When having a good shout and a lot of money raised is "heaven" or a "high time", that's the problem. Last of all when the leader is not led by God and spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ (be it Bailey or any of the formers if it's your belief God sent none of them), that's the biggest problem of all!

If God sent someone to lead the HOP in the name of Jesus with emphasis on righteousness & the word, then I'd say it's the place to be. Many of you may not agree but that's just my personal opinion.

To GeeTee, I'm sorry you had to endure those things you shared & you are entitled to cope with that as you please. I'm just saying point out the real problems, the name "daddy", the lack of strong biblical teaching and the focus on money (which I admit you all have done). Not things like praying at 8. If at 8 you're calling Sweet, Sweet, Sweeter than Sweet, Precious Jesus Christ, then pray on! Have a Happy New Year everyone!
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#7323 Dec 30, 2013
Maverick wrote:
I stand by my point that there are things about the HOP that are good. Nothing wrong with uniforming, auxiliaries, working in the kitchen, raising money, having bands, etc. The problem is the emphasis is on these things and not the word. The problem is when you replace Jesus with Daddy. The problem is when you go overboard. When having a good shout and a lot of money raised is "heaven" or a "high time", that's the problem. Last of all when the leader is not led by God and spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ (be it Bailey or any of the formers if it's your belief God sent none of them), that's the biggest problem of all!
If God sent someone to lead the HOP in the name of Jesus with emphasis on righteousness & the word, then I'd say it's the place to be. Many of you may not agree but that's just my personal opinion.
To GeeTee, I'm sorry you had to endure those things you shared & you are entitled to cope with that as you please. I'm just saying point out the real problems, the name "daddy", the lack of strong biblical teaching and the focus on money (which I admit you all have done). Not things like praying at 8. If at 8 you're calling Sweet, Sweet, Sweeter than Sweet, Precious Jesus Christ, then pray on! Have a Happy New Year everyone!
Glad you came back. Why did you leave the UHOP?

The UHOP is a Church right. Name some good things that the UHOP offer that a Night Club doesnít offer. If the right song is played in a Night Club it can put you in a spiritual mood. The problems you named with the UHOP outweigh the good. If all of these things are a problems, how could it be good?

The Bible should be your number one topic donít you think. Why wasnít one night during the week designated for Bible Study, its open every night? You think by playing on a band, singing in a choir, working in the kitchen, selling everything and praising a Man is what Church should offer. Do you really think the way the UHOP is run is Gods plan? Do you really think the Gospel of the UHOP woke you up this morning? The UHOP has never given anything back to the people it has been robbing for over ninety years. Youíre Bishops and a hand few benefits from the works and labor of its people. Thatís what Big Business does to its people. Should Church be doing the same?

Granted some good unions have been form that will last forever. Seeing everyone does bring a smile.

But correct me if Iím wrong, my definition of a Church is they should be able to remove me from all the evils of the world, not enhance it. The hate that is spewed out from the top is sickened. How do you put in writing and sign your name telling your members to turn their backs on the misguided. Remember, Puffy claims God sent him. Well Jesus said he who stands without sin let them cast the first stone.

Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#7324 Dec 30, 2013
The UHOP has been nothing but a big Social meeting place with all the perks of having a good party. Donít miss quote me, there are old saints that really believe they were being lead in the right direction. They were dedicated, loyal and devoted. Got old and canít do no more and were toss to the curb. Buck the Bishop and they banish you, never to be forgiven again.

Puffys Luxury Apartment building next door to the Mother House that you all want to call ďGods White HouseĒ should have been a Senior Home for you old, tired and worn out Members. How can you dare associate God with that Church building when thereís no place in it for refuge? Your Members should not be waiting to die to receive their rewards. Thatís not what death should be about. Your Church has enough resources to take care of all its Members in a good beneficial way. If nothing else, the least they can do is educate the Members. If they never collected another dime till the end of time it would not matter they have enough without this continuous begging.

No Church Leaders that claims God sent them to lead the people should live higher then the people they are leading. Some of your members are homeless; when the UHOP reach out to those Members, then we all will have some good points to say about the UHOP.

Peace
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

#7325 Dec 30, 2013
Gee-Tee wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible should be your number one topic donít you think. Why wasnít one night during the week designated for Bible Study, its open every night?
Nice point! Your entire posting was on point, and the Bible Study is the perfect piece that solves the unanswered questions. Many people think that the continued shouting, but changing the preaching to using Jesus and removing "Daddy" is the key to a better UHOP. It breaks Godís heart to see that people fail to place a focus on including learning Gods word as apart of the equation. They donít want to admit the UHOP is pretty much BibleLESS. Many ďchurch membersĒ equate good shouting, singing, and good sounding music to it being a good church. Keep on keeping-on is whatís keeps them holding on without even stopping to realize that God AINíT there if HIS word is NOT. Reading one scripture and turning it into a long story in your own words is not teaching either. Good question! How come thereís 7 nights and Bible Study is not one of them. Please donít get started with the explanation of Sunday school; as it is not really Bible Study. Itís been two years in Psalms. What part of the book of Psalms are the members having trouble with. Good Grief! Thatís not studying the bible. Thatís pacifying babies making them think milk is coming out when itís really not. You mean thatís all God gets is 1 hour and 30 minutes of your 7 days? To worship God is to LEARN, TEACH, and live His word. Romans 12:1-2 defines true worship. Matt 28:19-20, Deut 10:12-13 serves the same with a bit of what our (we humans) purpose really is. God delights in His children learning about His word; He wants you to know what Heís done, decisions He made and why, what He wants of us, and what He will do in the future for all. To serve Him is to do what he ask of usÖ.But in order to know what He wants, we would need to read HIS divine word and remain it without cease. You canít worship something you know nothing about. Matthew 4:4 says man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God. Otherwise, God will definitely allow you to believe in all the lies because you refuse to accept the truth or HIS Word. He said so in 2 Thessolonians 2:11-12.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#7326 Dec 30, 2013
Another writer once said,ďStealing in the name of the LordĒ well in the UHOP you can say Dancing/Shouting in the name of the Lord. The Bible speaks of how all Music came from Heaven, but the Devil stole it. I love Music, any kind of Music. But sometimes I have to question the Music played in the House of Prayer.

Thatís why I call the UHOP a Night Club without a Liquor License. Very little true words of God are taught. They play too many emphases on the bands playing a shout, Instead of why we should be shouting.

Letís see how much of Gods Religion is really in the UHOP. Watch night is coming, see if Puffy stays to pray the New Year in. Iím quite sure he knows most of us disapprove of him leaving the Church without praying the New Years in.

I wonít be in any Church. But if God spears me to see the New Year come in, I sure will be on my knees thanking him.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#7327 Dec 31, 2013
Good morning everyone! I just want to say Happy New Year to all and let's go into the New Year knowing the truth! Please enjoy the attached video link.

God Bless!

&fe ature=share&list=PL849BE2C 0941A9A1E&index=3
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#7328 Dec 31, 2013
heart broken

Wadesboro, NC

#7329 Jan 1, 2014
Happy New Year Everyone!!
Lordy Lordy

Decatur, GA

#7330 Jan 1, 2014
There is one similarity of Uhop an catholics
Catholics priest molest boys
Uhop bishops molest girls
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#7331 Jan 3, 2014
Happy New Years every one Wishing Love, Strength, and Good Health to everyone.

After how many attempts to get New Years Eve right, and they say Puffy donít read the internet. Well somebody is reading my post. He finally gets it; New Years Eve is the one time we stay in Church till mid-night.

UHOP members need to stop referring to the UHOP as a Church. Itís a Social Club for people to gather. A Church is where you go to learn the Gospel of Jesus Christ. A Church is where you go to study the Bible which has Gods Law, not Man. A Church is where you go that teaches you how to Love and show Love. A Church is where they forgive all your faults and sins. A Church is where your entire faults are forgiven. A Church is where you come as you are. A Church should have programs that relate to the world we live in. A Church should also be educational. A Church should remove all your pressures of the world. A Church should be the one place you can go when everything else fails. And most of all a Church should be the one place you want to go too, not a place you have to go too.

That good feeling you feel inside in Church should not fade once you leave. You should demand more from the Church you claim is preparing you to meet your maker.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#7332 Jan 8, 2014
Good morning everyone!

Here is a great lesson I am listening to and I'd like share

God Bless
BIg TIny

Bridgeport, NJ

#7333 Jan 8, 2014
Can someone speak on the issue of UHOP band boys being afraid to march in philadelphia with the popular Mummer's Parade??Its sad, degrading and quite frankly very MOUSE like. They was down there snapping photos to go snitch on one another. I think its CRAP!.... How you let another man dictate what goes in your pockets?
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#7334 Jan 8, 2014
&fe ature=share&list=PLsRLTIUX qLYH_UoFBvrkJBmIym-ORCw8i& index=34

The True Comforter!
ComeBack2HopOrSh utUp

Fort Washington, MD

#7335 Jan 8, 2014
All y'all on here bashing the hop. But still thinking to see what's going on, still checking to see how dad doing.. Smh if u attended hop and left, what was wrong all the years u attended ? Y'all kill me if u go to any other church they stealing money and getting locked up and y'all don't even have a knob on the church and some of y'all stupid behinds still Stay in hop apartments! Daddy still blessing you obliviously.. Daddy is real.! Call his name, you'll see. If hop so wrong , quit patronizing the kitchen, ur money still helps the hop too, dummy!
Crazy

Virginia Beach, VA

#7336 Jan 9, 2014
OOOOOOO You shole told us honey. You got us done. I think I peed on myself laughing at ComeBack2HopOrShutUp.

I think I'll go first on the Saint and ma'am since you insulted first it gives me great pleasure. Saint I'm sure daddy is proud if the way you so eloquently represented the hop and with such Grace. You sound like a 14 year old in the exceptional children's program in one of the lowest performing public school systems in America. Please enlighten us as to why you're here. Haven't you heard that we're the (weak talking, always finding fault) people that he warned you about? Daddy is real huh? But you still manage to disobey him by involving yourself with social media. Hmmmmm
From the way you speak you're the typical member that lacks the basic knowledge needed to be self sufficient.
In your few paragraphs you showed everyone that daddy's mission has been accomplished and that's to keep his children dumbfounded, ignorant and in mental slavery. What we discuss here is too far beyond your comprehension that it would benefit you if you would just read and never to respond again.
This is far above your matchbox apartments, other churches or your overpriced, overrated cafeteria profits which you will never see a dime of. My dear sister if you ever decide to get us done again please save yourself and find one of the Lady Dee Scholarship kids to write for you because in a few words you humiliated yourself, daddy and the hop. daddy is real huh? Well so are his bad knees. Sorry dear sister but when you back us into a corner we come out swinging. Seriously please think and gain more knowledge. I sincerely pray that you do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 43 min Seentheotherside 574,467
Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) 12 hr david 31
The Persecution No One Dares Name (Aug '13) 20 hr Islam Forbids 5
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... Wed swedenforever 11
Most Americans see combating climate change as ... Tue Ed_Reid 4
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Mar 2 Jaimie 83,958
Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... Mar 1 Lawrence Wolf 2,021
More from around the web