United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

Full story: www.topix.net

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ...
Comments
7,121 - 7,140 of 8,260 Comments Last updated 10 hrs ago
abc

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

Judged:

just a figure of speech, love ya.
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2013

Judged:

Hello wrote:
Hello to all. I just have a few simple questions for the current UHOP members. What has Bishop Bailey done that causes him to be a prophet and is Gods servant only confined to 130something congregations? Why so self contained refusing to worship with other places of worship.
Thank you
@Hello....are you still waiting on your answer? Out of curiosity of how this would be answered with astuteness and sure dignity, I was kind of waiting along with you. Honestly, if a member really wanted to know if they are in the right place within the true will of God….this would be one of their self-questions. Good question to ask, Hello. Let’s continue to wait.
Eyes Wide Open

Concord, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2013

Judged:

Eyes on Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
@Hello....are you still waiting on your answer? Out of curiosity of how this would be answered with astuteness and sure dignity, I was kind of waiting along with you. Honestly, if a member really wanted to know if they are in the right place within the true will of God….this would be one of their self-questions. Good question to ask, Hello. Let’s continue to wait.
And currently we're still waiting since Monday 12/9/13, post # 7222.
What was the song someone chimed in? "We're waiting, waiting waiting waiting. Still waiting, waiting waiting waiting..."
Hello

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2013

Judged:

Good afternoon EOC and EWO. I was really sincere in making my inquiry and expected a response from a current UHOP member. I think it's so sad that SOME people are so gullible and stuck that they refuse to educate themselves on certain matters or at least investigate. To the HOP members reading this please inquire or educate yourself verses taking any and everyone's word including those in high places regardless of tradition. Tradition is goin to damn many souls to hell. Love you all and have a blessed holiday
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2013

Judged:

Eyes Wide Open wrote:
<quoted text>
And currently we're still waiting since Monday 12/9/13, post # 7222.
What was the song someone chimed in? "We're waiting, waiting waiting waiting. Still waiting, waiting waiting waiting..."
I can't believe I used to stand on steps singing that song....looking all crazy. I know neighbors were looking at us....like what are you waiting for and why do we all need to know that you are waiting for it? LOL

On another note...I wonder what caucasian people were thinking when they saw us being sprayed down by other black people during baptism. I used to watch them look at us from the sidewalks or driving pass us in cars and just wondered what they were thinking...."Didn't 'em negroes fight to stop that mess??!!! We thought they hated it! Now they spraying at their ownselves!! Quick! Somebody grab a hose so I can spray 'em....if that's what they like! Somebody else call Alabama and let them know too!" Oh well....me and my random thoughts. It didn't seem as awkward when your heart is in it and you just didn't know better, but when you are on the outside view...it seems degrading!!!!

Since: Nov 13

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2013

Judged:

Eyes on Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't believe I used to stand on steps singing that song....looking all crazy. I know neighbors were looking at us....like what are you waiting for and why do we all need to know that you are waiting for it? LOL
On another note...I wonder what caucasian people were thinking when they saw us being sprayed down by other black people during baptism. I used to watch them look at us from the sidewalks or driving pass us in cars and just wondered what they were thinking...."Didn't 'em negroes fight to stop that mess??!!! We thought they hated it! Now they spraying at their ownselves!! Quick! Somebody grab a hose so I can spray 'em....if that's what they like! Somebody else call Alabama and let them know too!" Oh well....me and my random thoughts. It didn't seem as awkward when your heart is in it and you just didn't know better, but when you are on the outside view...it seems degrading!!!!
ROTFL!!!!!! Oh...my stomach hurts!!! Wait...I was in the number too O_o
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2013

Judged:

Funny you should say that, I was telling someone the other day how everything they did to us in Slavery the UHOP managed to continue those practices. That’s the reason we don’t get respected is because we don’t respect ourselves. I never saw those things as forms of Slavery until I left. I too was waiting and waiting and waiting for the Man with the key, how stupid were we viewed too the people on the outside looking in...

That was over forty years ago and things still remained the same in the UHOP.
Eyes Wide Open

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2013

Judged:

On that same note of seeing things from the other side...
Have you ever tried to explain NOW, to someone about how we used to call the bishop daddy?

"Well, we call him "daddy" as a pet name for father. But, also when we say "daddy" we mean the spirit IN the man. Oh yeah, we believe in Jesus. But we call on "daddy" as Christ's representative. Since he's the man in the land today. God only uses one man at the time. Jesus is sitting on the right-hand side of His Father."

If that ain't the craziest sounding mess. And we were right there believing and "calling daddy, he's my rock, Calling daddy, he's my rock. Calling daddy, he's my rock. Daddy is my rock. Daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy.....I call daddy my rock."

CRAZY
Im just saying

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2013

Judged:

DeceivedLongEnough wrote:
<quoted text>
ROTFL!!!!!! Oh...my stomach hurts!!! Wait...I was in the number too O_o
And, what the heck are they building the baptismal pools in the church for, if they're just going to spray you down with a water hose. The Mother House in Charlotte has a beautiful baptismal pool; has it ever been used for that purpose? Sometimes people are out there freezing getting sprayed down outside. I'm just saying..
Gee-Tee

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2013

Judged:

Eyes Wide Open wrote:
On that same note of seeing things from the other side...
Have you ever tried to explain NOW, to someone about how we used to call the bishop daddy?
"Well, we call him "daddy" as a pet name for father. But, also when we say "daddy" we mean the spirit IN the man. Oh yeah, we believe in Jesus. But we call on "daddy" as Christ's representative. Since he's the man in the land today. God only uses one man at the time. Jesus is sitting on the right-hand side of His Father."
If that ain't the craziest sounding mess. And we were right there believing and "calling daddy, he's my rock, Calling daddy, he's my rock. Calling daddy, he's my rock. Daddy is my rock. Daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy.....I call daddy my rock."
CRAZY
I got one better for you, when someone ask me why I called him Daddy, I would say,“They call the Pope Father, and kiss his feet, he’s a white man” I would rather call a Black Man Daddy. I was really brain wash. We were not supposed to call any of these men any thing other then Elder, Pastor or Bishop. We have two fathers only, our Father in Heaven and our Natural father.
The reason these Men are on those pedestals is because we put them there. We put them on the same level as God. forgive me Lord, I now know what to do.
Gee-Tee

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2013

Judged:

Im just saying wrote:
<quoted text>And, what the heck are they building the baptismal pools in the church for, if they're just going to spray you down with a water hose. The Mother House in Charlotte has a beautiful baptismal pool; has it ever been used for that purpose? Sometimes people are out there freezing getting sprayed down outside. I'm just saying..
Have you ever seen those pools after Baptism? You would think that’s the only time those people took baths. I don’t like the water hose, but for sanitation reasons I say continue, because if I could not be number one in line, they couldn’t baptize me in those pools.
Im just saying

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2013

Judged:

Gee-Tee wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever seen those pools after Baptism? You would think that’s the only time those people took baths. I don’t like the water hose, but for sanitation reasons I say continue, because if I could not be number one in line, they couldn’t baptize me in those pools.
As a matter of fact, I did see the old pool behind the Mother House, and, you're absolutely correct; it was nasty.(Thanks for reminding me, I forgot about that.) I didn't get in it. I just stood and wondered what the heck!?
Eyes Wide Open

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

Judged:

Gee-Tee wrote:
<quoted text>
I got one better for you, when someone ask me why I called him Daddy, I would say,“They call the Pope Father, and kiss his feet, he’s a white man” I would rather call a Black Man Daddy. I was really brain wash. We were not supposed to call any of these men any thing other then Elder, Pastor or Bishop. We have two fathers only, our Father in Heaven and our Natural father.
The reason these Men are on those pedestals is because we put them there. We put them on the same level as God. forgive me Lord, I now know what to do.
You are absolutely right. We are brainwashed from birth. At least I was. I don't know what people tell themselves when they join and have been exposed to something else. How did they think it was ok to exalt these men when it goes against anything else they have heard?
I used to think I was so blessed for being born a member. Now, I'm soo blessed God saw favor in me to show me the real truth to get out.
Eyes Wide Open

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

Judged:

Gee-Tee wrote:
<quoted text>
To get a little technical for a moment. Yes, the scum at the top of the surface is nasty. However, I think it's from the oils, grease, pomades, etc. that we as a people, put in our hair that comes out in the water that makes it look so bad.
Now as far as sanitation...What is the woman thinking, that wipes everybody's face with that wet, nasty, snotty (eewww) towel as you come up out the pool?? Flashback to McCullough's day when I regularly got baptized.
Crazy

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

Judged:

You Nwords Missed Sunrise Service and you're late for Sunday School. So roll out and stay alllllll day 11:00, 3:00,5:00 and 7:30 night service. I still don't know what the purpose was. All we could say was "we shole had a good time" SMH
Eyes Wide Open

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

Judged:

Crazy wrote:
You Nwords Missed Sunrise Service and you're late for Sunday School. So roll out and stay alllllll day 11:00, 3:00,5:00 and 7:30 night service. I still don't know what the purpose was. All we could say was "we shole had a good time" SMH
Just a theory I had when speaking with someone about this very thing. And I think this holds true for other churches too. Because you hear of other people talk about how they stayed at church all day.
Back when the HOP started, black people were really poor and didn't have anything. So I figured, being at church all day, there was heat, food and the comfort of other people. Even if by a wood burning stove. Even if 2 or 3 brought food to share. At home, you probably didn't have much to eat. Maybe didn't have heat. And if you lived alone, with no phone, you were all that and lonely. Now look what that has evolved to today.
Just my 2 cents.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2013

Judged:

Eyes Wide Open wrote:
<quoted text>
Back when the HOP started, black people were really poor and didn't have anything. So I figured, being at church all day, there was heat, food and the comfort of other people. Even if by a wood burning stove. Even if 2 or 3 brought food to share. At home, you probably didn't have much to eat. Maybe didn't have heat. And if you lived alone, with no phone, you were all that and lonely. Now look what that has evolved to today.
Just my 2 cents.
Sound good but keep in mind every body was not poor; things were rough for Black people and we needed something to believe in. Some were down trodden and ready to give up on life because Segregation was at its best. We had been praying to God for a change in how we were being treated. Grace gave them that since of hope, not realizing it was a false hope because we wanted to believe God finally heard our prayers.

Grace was a poor man looking to get rich on the backs of people. Grace tried organizing a Church with the people of his peers but could not succeed because they knew his game. By Grace working the railways he had a chance to study us.

Keeping you in Church every day was a sure way for you not to see the world was revolving without us. The purpose was to keep us away from all knowledge of the world and we would not see the lies Grace was teaching. The brainwash had to be consistent in order to keep us there. Seven days a week in Church kept our minds on Grace only. In school at work all we thought about was getting to the UHOP.

Never forget Grace taught “Salvation is by Grace only. Grace has given God a vacation, and since God is on vacation, don't worry about Him. If you sin against God, Grace can save you, but if you sin against Grace, God cannot save you. With that kind of teaching, Grace was guaranteed to be a winner.

This white looking, gift of gab, charming Man had a chance to play God. 90 years later and the UHOP still have a Man playing God. Don’t you all think this play needs a new script?
heart broken

Angier, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2013

Judged:

Sound good but keep in mind every body was not poor; things were rough for Black people and we needed something to believe in. Some were down trodden and ready to give up on life because Segregation was at its best. We had been praying to God for a change in how we were being treated. Grace gave them that since of hope, not realizing it was a false hope because we wanted to believe God finally heard our prayers.
Grace was a poor man looking to get rich on the backs of people. Grace tried organizing a Church with the people of his peers but could not succeed because they knew his game. By Grace working the railways he had a chance to study us.
Keeping you in Church every day was a sure way for you not to see the world was revolving without us. The purpose was to keep us away from all knowledge of the world and we would not see the lies Grace was teaching. The brainwash had to be consistent in order to keep us there. Seven days a week in Church kept our minds on Grace only. In school at work all we thought about was getting to the UHOP.
Never forget Grace taught “Salvation is by Grace only. Grace has given God a vacation, and since God is on vacation, don't worry about Him. If you sin against God, Grace can save you, but if you sin against Grace, God cannot save you. With that kind of teaching, Grace was guaranteed to be a winner.
This white looking, gift of gab, charming Man had a chance to play God. 90 years later and the UHOP still have a Man playing God. Don’t you all think this play needs a new script?

yikes! Sounds like the anti christ
MSD

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2013

Eyes on Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I felt the same way and once I realized it and did some thinking I stopped getting baptized and that was when I was still in there. There is NO scripture for water house baptism!
MSD

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2013

Judged:

Gee-Tee wrote:
<quoted text>
Matt. 23:9 clearly says not to call not man father.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••