United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

Full story: www.topix.net

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ...
Comments
7,101 - 7,120 of 8,260 Comments Last updated Yesterday
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Judged:

Cultastic wrote:
<quoted text>
Darn I had on my sunglasses I was hoping I was invisible LOL. I appreciate the love though. In fact I even shoveled some snow from in front of the church so that no one would fall walking out the door.
Let me clarify I'm not against the UHOP. I don't subscribe to any organized church. I don't believe that I need to go to a church building to validate my relationship with the Creator. I've grown in my spiritual progression beyond a circe. Not that I have to justify; I came because I was lovingly invited by my family to honor my mother. It's not that I miss the UHOP so much that I just couldn't stay away. I'll ask you a few simple questions. The name says: FOR ALL PEOPLE correct? Do I need a reason to visit? Do I have to believe or agree with Daddy to visit? Do I have to be a member to visit?
"The purpose of the organization is to establish, maintain, and perpetuate the doctrine of Christianity and the Apostolic Faith throughout the world among all people; to erect and maintain houses of prayer and worship where all people may gather for prayer and to worship the Almighty GOD in Spirit and in Truth, irrespective of denomination or creed, and to maintain the Apostolic Faith of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ."~~Article II UHOP Constitution and By-Laws 1929
^^^ Read that very carefully. I won't expound. I'll allow you to come to your own conclusions about what this language written by Brother Grace SHOULD mean. I can intellectually discuss the doctrines and beliefs of the UHOP as an ex-member better than many of the active members. I'm not the smartest man but doesn't "ALL People" include me? If not then the name can be amended to ALL PEOPLE as long as you do what Daddy says. All People means exactly what it says. Therefore, I urge you not to over think it if you see me or any other ex-members in the building.
AGAPE
Well stated with a nice attitude. It's puzzling that this characteristic (Gods spirit of self control/forbearance) remains to be rejected from the inside. You can clearly see that these are the characteristics of good; however, just because you disagree with a proven-wrong doctrine, you/us are painted as the anti-christ. Harsh word...I know. But these were the actual words used in the bishop's communication. That's why I'm glad the God can judge the heart. He is the only one that is able to judge the heart, because humans make too many mistakes and misjudge and cause others to join the circle of misjudging as well.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Judged:

Also take inconsideration, The Catholics PAY their Organist, their Music Directors, their Secretaries, their Trusties, their Cooks, and their Janitors. They supply Bibles and Hymn Books for every pew. And Most of all none of their Priest ever has to wonder were they will live. They even protect and forgive their worst sinners.(The Mob)

The Money that is collected is use to take care of all their Churches needs. If their Missions donít have enough Money to cover their expenses it comes from the Vatican. No Money pressure is put on the people. In other words they donít have to sell their souls in order to please the Bishop.

In one given night Puffy can collect at lease 200.00 or more in dollar bills. You may have five or more groups singing. He gives each leader one dollar. In this inflation time why wonít he give each person in that group a dollar? Do the math, 5 divided by 200.00 means Puffy had an extra 195.00 to play with. On top of that you give him a love offering. Now add in the Money that you give to have him bless your child.

You still want to compare the UHOP with the Catholics.
Christ Is The Answer

Fort Washington, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Judged:

Cultastic wrote:
<quoted text>
Darn I had on my sunglasses I was hoping I was invisible LOL. I appreciate the love though. In fact I even shoveled some snow from in front of the church so that no one would fall walking out the door.
Let me clarify I'm not against the UHOP. I don't subscribe to any organized church. I don't believe that I need to go to a church building to validate my relationship with the Creator. I've grown in my spiritual progression beyond a circe. Not that I have to justify; I came because I was lovingly invited by my family to honor my mother. It's not that I miss the UHOP so much that I just couldn't stay away. I'll ask you a few simple questions. The name says: FOR ALL PEOPLE correct? Do I need a reason to visit? Do I have to believe or agree with Daddy to visit? Do I have to be a member to visit?
"The purpose of the organization is to establish, maintain, and perpetuate the doctrine of Christianity and the Apostolic Faith throughout the world among all people; to erect and maintain houses of prayer and worship where all people may gather for prayer and to worship the Almighty GOD in Spirit and in Truth, irrespective of denomination or creed, and to maintain the Apostolic Faith of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ."~~Article II UHOP Constitution and By-Laws 1929
^^^ Read that very carefully. I won't expound. I'll allow you to come to your own conclusions about what this language written by Brother Grace SHOULD mean. I can intellectually discuss the doctrines and beliefs of the UHOP as an ex-member better than many of the active members. I'm not the smartest man but doesn't "ALL People" include me? If not then the name can be amended to ALL PEOPLE as long as you do what Daddy says. All People means exactly what it says. Therefore, I urge you not to over think it if you see me or any other ex-members in the building.
AGAPE
There's no button for this response so allow me to say in a LOUD voice: PREACH!!! MY BROTHER ---....and NEVER stop!
Crazy

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Judged:

I always thought that was crazy to take a dollar from the babies 6 weeks to 6 years. Brainwash them early . Sorry, I meant train them early. &#128513;
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Judged:

Crazy wrote:
I always thought that was crazy to take a dollar from the babies 6 weeks to 6 years. Brainwash them early . Sorry, I meant train them early. &#128513;
This is where Common Sense came into play. One night a Parent forgot to put the Dollar in her childís hand and McCollough said,ďWhereís her dollarĒ. I knew then I had another reason to leave. The first thing came to my mind was maybe this Mother didnít have a Dollar to give. Yet the Bishop thought he should ask.

So now Iím really thinking, is he going to pray for that child or not. Itís the greed that got on my nerve. We had to pay for everything, even a blessing.
deceivedlongenou gh

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Judged:

Gee-Tee wrote:
<quoted text>
This is where Common Sense came into play. One night a Parent forgot to put the Dollar in her childís hand and McCollough said,ďWhereís her dollarĒ. I knew then I had another reason to leave. The first thing came to my mind was maybe this Mother didnít have a Dollar to give. Yet the Bishop thought he should ask.
So now Iím really thinking, is he going to pray for that child or not. Itís the greed that got on my nerve. We had to pay for everything, even a blessing.
Isn't DADDY supposed to be the one God reveal all his secrets to?? Ok, well then he should have KNOWN where the baby dollar was at right!! LMBO! Lord, the tom foolery that we once believed in!
abc

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Judged:

Cultastic wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me see if I can break this down. Me visiting a service does not negate the facts about the faulty teachings that we've discussed. Maybe you could reason that I love my "Crazy" family and friends beyond religious beliefs enough to come to a building to fellowship with them "irrespective of my denomination of creed". <<< Read that carefully and check the source.
Dearest @abc asking questions like this confirms some of the main reasons people leave and completely distance themselves from their UHOP family and friends. What difference does it matter why I was in service? Do I really need a reason?
i was happy to see you please don't get me wrong, even behind your sun glasses, you can't hide the truth behind no glasses, i love you and always will.Jesus is the answer, it just shows you are the bigger person, love you for that.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Judged:

abc wrote:
<quoted text> i was happy to see you please don't get me wrong, even behind your sun glasses, you can't hide the truth behind no glasses, i love you and always will.Jesus is the answer, it just shows you are the bigger person, love you for that.
I love you more @abc.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Judged:

Hebrewsunite wrote:
The Bishop should be an example of righteousness not capitalism. He should be a man of Alahym and speak face to face w/"Bam". What does this bishop have to fear from any of his members, followers, dissenters, or enemies? He's a man of "God" right?
^^^ Mighty @Hebrewsunite you're on point as usual. Thank you for blessing our spirit with the truth.
Heartbroken

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Judged:

I'm happy to see there is so much love here. God is love. Those that left the uhop, how do you cope with visiting sometime? When I went one night during convocation, I cringed at the announcer saying clap your hands for our savior in the land today.....I cringed at the shouting, I cringed at the love gift line, I basically cringed the whole time. If I had a tomato, I probably would've threw it at the altar.

How do you keep your composure when visiting?
Cultastic

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Judged:

Heartbroken wrote:
I'm happy to see there is so much love here. God is love. Those that left the uhop, how do you cope with visiting sometime? When I went one night during convocation, I cringed at the announcer saying clap your hands for our savior in the land today.....I cringed at the shouting, I cringed at the love gift line, I basically cringed the whole time. If I had a tomato, I probably would've threw it at the altar.
I typically wear dark shades every time I go to mask any visible displays of emotional disdain for what I see/hear. I have no problems with enjoying the bands as a musician. I'll be honest and admit that I do get love from the members in spite of what Brother Bishop says about me. I'm not sure that it's all genuine but I don't get too many dirty looks. The lay members are not the problem for me. Most of them simply are being good sheeple following and trusting the bishepherd. It troubles me that many of them are torn between what the GOD within teaches and what the GOD of the Bishop instructs them to do.

In the service the other day I listened to the letter that was written by Brother Bailey. I promise I did everything I could to get my family out before it was read so that I wouldn't have to hear it. In summary he talked about staying away from people who do drugs, sell drugs, death and destruction. The same fear tactics that have been going on for decades in the UHOP. I watched people yelp out AMENS and lament as they listened. I thought to myself if I'm a member of the UHOP and my child got addicted to drugs for whatever reason what am I to do? According to the Bishop I should distance myself because my child has been disobedient to his orders. It doesn't matter if my child was molested and turned to drugs to self medicate. It doesn't matter if my child is struggling with his/her sexuality and turned to drugs to self medicate. This type of religious propaganda is just as destructive if not more in the black community to the masses as the drugs, drug addicts and dealers he talked about.

Instead of this "GOD's going to get you" rhetoric why not come down off of the thrown literally and bond with the common man and find out what's going on. Use some of that DC money to put in place some programs to help the people. Why is "I done told you" the answer to all of the problems that plague the people. As black people have we not grown? Do we educate our children about sex or do we say you better not do it or I'm going to disown you? It's the same concept. Just my humble opinion; the Daddy is so disconnected from the common man that he doesn't know how to properly address the issues in the community.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Judged:

Heartbroken wrote:
I'm happy to see there is so much love here. God is love. Those that left the uhop, how do you cope with visiting sometime?
If they like it, I love it is how I coup. When I see and hear things I donít like I immediately start thanking God, I saw the light. I call on the Lords name the whole time Iím there. I have my Bible in my hands. I portray a false smile and ask God to forgive me. In other words I never let them see me sweat. I only go to funerals; I can not stomach their service anymore. That continuous begging gets on my nerve. The guilt they try to put on the people when they donít give is sick.

Every member that gets up to speak only thanks God for Daddy. Everything else is thank you Daddy. They thank Daddy for waking them up; they thank Daddy for the food they eat. I must admit there were times I wanted to jump up and ask who do Daddy thanks.

When I get home I open up my Bible and read. I pray and thank God for my deliverance. I can now see all that is wrong with their teaching. This place is truly not a place where the people serve God, they serve a Man.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2013

Judged:

Cultastic wrote:
<quoted text>

In the service the other day I listened to the letter that was written by Brother Bailey. In summary he talked about staying away from people who do drugs, sell drugs, death and destruction. The same fear tactics that have been going on for decades in the UHOP. I watched people yelp out AMENS and lament as they listened. I thought to myself if I'm a member of the UHOP and my child got addicted to drugs for whatever reason what am I to do? According to the Bishop I should distance myself because my child has been disobedient to his orders. It doesn't matter if my child was molested and turned to drugs to self medicate. It doesn't matter if my child is struggling with his/her sexuality and turned to drugs to self medicate. This type of religious propaganda is just as destructive if not more in the black community to the masses as the drugs, drug addicts and dealers he talked about.
They sell buttons that say ďDaddy said say no to DrugsĒ how can you profit on something you are not willing to help. Now they want you to turn your backs on those that do drugs. They turned a blind eye when the Drug Dealers gave them their Money.

Picture a Church not willing to help its people. What is the purpose of them calling this ďA place for all peopleĒ? Shouldnít Church be the one place I can go too to get help?

Puffy thought he should send a letter filled with hate. What God sent him where he fills the need to turn his back on those in need, now he even want his Church members to do likewise? Puffy has Children donít he, better be careful on what you wish on others.

And they have to wonder why the world is filled with so much sin and hate. It starts in the Churches.
daddy MADISON

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

DADDY IS REAL wrote:
<quoted text>
How many nights does the Pope go to church?
There are nights When the pope prays for 8 hours or more on his knees praying and crying a
MSD

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

Judged:

Heartbroken wrote:
The way I deal with it is I don't go. I left false doctrine and I have no reason to return.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

Judged:

Crazy wrote:
He's trying to follow how Jesus prayed for the children but Jesus didn't take any money from them. Also Children have no sins on them until they become to an age of accountability. You can't pick and choose what you want to obey from the bible. The HOP is clearly not bible based period!
abc

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

Judged:

Told you once before you can't hide behind them shades:).
Im free

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

Judged:

MSD wrote:
<quoted text>
The way I deal with it is I don't go. I left false doctrine and I have no reason to return.
j DiDo!!
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

Judged:

daddy MADISON wrote:
<quoted text> There are nights When the pope prays for 8 hours or more on his knees praying and crying a
Now there are some motor skills that really still work for Puffy. He can run his mouth without any problems, yell, scream and hit on point, bending his elbows not to much trouble heís never going to miss his mouth when he eats, walking maybe a tad bit slower, but to get him on his knees is really asking a bit much. Donít you know his weight wonít allow those knees to bend?
Iím not making this up, this is a know fact; check it out for your self.

Puffy is so busy making sure you all stay in line, the most important things he should be doing is going on a strict Healthy Diet. Heís got High Blood Pressure problems, a taste of sugar, and a few more health problem that only a Doctor can help him. Prayer will not help his weight problem; he has to turn down those favorite dishes.

Picture a Man telling you what to do, but canít even help himself. And to think, all of his medical problems are treatable.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2013

Judged:

abc wrote:
Told you once before you can't hide behind them shades:).
@abc Maybe you don't pay attention to me that well. I wear shades just about everywhere I go. I was joking about hiding behind them. I've never concealed my identity about anything I said about the UHOP. In fact everything I've said I'd say directly to the leader with my shades on of course. It's just my style. I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to imply here. At any rate good afternoon.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••