United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ... Full Story
daddy MADISON

Newport News, VA

#7256 Dec 11, 2013
DADDY IS REAL wrote:
<quoted text>
How many nights does the Pope go to church?
There are nights When the pope prays for 8 hours or more on his knees praying and crying a
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#7257 Dec 11, 2013
Heartbroken wrote:
I'm happy to see there is so much love here. God is love. Those that left the uhop, how do you cope with visiting sometime? When I went one night during convocation, I cringed at the announcer saying clap your hands for our savior in the land today.....I cringed at the shouting, I cringed at the love gift line, I basically cringed the whole time. If I had a tomato, I probably would've threw it at the altar.
How do you keep your composure when visiting?
The way I deal with it is I don't go. I left false doctrine and I have no reason to return.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#7258 Dec 11, 2013
Crazy wrote:
I always thought that was crazy to take a dollar from the babies 6 weeks to 6 years. Brainwash them early . Sorry, I meant train them early. &#128513;
He's trying to follow how Jesus prayed for the children but Jesus didn't take any money from them. Also Children have no sins on them until they become to an age of accountability. You can't pick and choose what you want to obey from the bible. The HOP is clearly not bible based period!
abc

United States

#7259 Dec 11, 2013
Told you once before you can't hide behind them shades:).
Im free

Philadelphia, PA

#7260 Dec 11, 2013
MSD wrote:
<quoted text>
The way I deal with it is I don't go. I left false doctrine and I have no reason to return.
j DiDo!!
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#7261 Dec 11, 2013
daddy MADISON wrote:
<quoted text> There are nights When the pope prays for 8 hours or more on his knees praying and crying a
Now there are some motor skills that really still work for Puffy. He can run his mouth without any problems, yell, scream and hit on point, bending his elbows not to much trouble heís never going to miss his mouth when he eats, walking maybe a tad bit slower, but to get him on his knees is really asking a bit much. Donít you know his weight wonít allow those knees to bend?
Iím not making this up, this is a know fact; check it out for your self.

Puffy is so busy making sure you all stay in line, the most important things he should be doing is going on a strict Healthy Diet. Heís got High Blood Pressure problems, a taste of sugar, and a few more health problem that only a Doctor can help him. Prayer will not help his weight problem; he has to turn down those favorite dishes.

Picture a Man telling you what to do, but canít even help himself. And to think, all of his medical problems are treatable.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#7262 Dec 12, 2013
abc wrote:
Told you once before you can't hide behind them shades:).
@abc Maybe you don't pay attention to me that well. I wear shades just about everywhere I go. I was joking about hiding behind them. I've never concealed my identity about anything I said about the UHOP. In fact everything I've said I'd say directly to the leader with my shades on of course. It's just my style. I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to imply here. At any rate good afternoon.
abc

United States

#7263 Dec 12, 2013
just a figure of speech, love ya.
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

#7264 Dec 13, 2013
Hello wrote:
Hello to all. I just have a few simple questions for the current UHOP members. What has Bishop Bailey done that causes him to be a prophet and is Gods servant only confined to 130something congregations? Why so self contained refusing to worship with other places of worship.
Thank you
@Hello....are you still waiting on your answer? Out of curiosity of how this would be answered with astuteness and sure dignity, I was kind of waiting along with you. Honestly, if a member really wanted to know if they are in the right place within the true will of GodÖ.this would be one of their self-questions. Good question to ask, Hello. Letís continue to wait.
Eyes Wide Open

Concord, CA

#7265 Dec 13, 2013
Eyes on Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
@Hello....are you still waiting on your answer? Out of curiosity of how this would be answered with astuteness and sure dignity, I was kind of waiting along with you. Honestly, if a member really wanted to know if they are in the right place within the true will of GodÖ.this would be one of their self-questions. Good question to ask, Hello. Letís continue to wait.
And currently we're still waiting since Monday 12/9/13, post # 7222.
What was the song someone chimed in? "We're waiting, waiting waiting waiting. Still waiting, waiting waiting waiting..."
Hello

Norfolk, VA

#7266 Dec 13, 2013
Good afternoon EOC and EWO. I was really sincere in making my inquiry and expected a response from a current UHOP member. I think it's so sad that SOME people are so gullible and stuck that they refuse to educate themselves on certain matters or at least investigate. To the HOP members reading this please inquire or educate yourself verses taking any and everyone's word including those in high places regardless of tradition. Tradition is goin to damn many souls to hell. Love you all and have a blessed holiday
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

#7267 Dec 13, 2013
Eyes Wide Open wrote:
<quoted text>
And currently we're still waiting since Monday 12/9/13, post # 7222.
What was the song someone chimed in? "We're waiting, waiting waiting waiting. Still waiting, waiting waiting waiting..."
I can't believe I used to stand on steps singing that song....looking all crazy. I know neighbors were looking at us....like what are you waiting for and why do we all need to know that you are waiting for it? LOL

On another note...I wonder what caucasian people were thinking when they saw us being sprayed down by other black people during baptism. I used to watch them look at us from the sidewalks or driving pass us in cars and just wondered what they were thinking...."Didn't 'em negroes fight to stop that mess??!!! We thought they hated it! Now they spraying at their ownselves!! Quick! Somebody grab a hose so I can spray 'em....if that's what they like! Somebody else call Alabama and let them know too!" Oh well....me and my random thoughts. It didn't seem as awkward when your heart is in it and you just didn't know better, but when you are on the outside view...it seems degrading!!!!

Since: Nov 13

Columbia, SC

#7268 Dec 13, 2013
Eyes on Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't believe I used to stand on steps singing that song....looking all crazy. I know neighbors were looking at us....like what are you waiting for and why do we all need to know that you are waiting for it? LOL
On another note...I wonder what caucasian people were thinking when they saw us being sprayed down by other black people during baptism. I used to watch them look at us from the sidewalks or driving pass us in cars and just wondered what they were thinking...."Didn't 'em negroes fight to stop that mess??!!! We thought they hated it! Now they spraying at their ownselves!! Quick! Somebody grab a hose so I can spray 'em....if that's what they like! Somebody else call Alabama and let them know too!" Oh well....me and my random thoughts. It didn't seem as awkward when your heart is in it and you just didn't know better, but when you are on the outside view...it seems degrading!!!!
ROTFL!!!!!! Oh...my stomach hurts!!! Wait...I was in the number too O_o
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#7269 Dec 13, 2013
Funny you should say that, I was telling someone the other day how everything they did to us in Slavery the UHOP managed to continue those practices. Thatís the reason we donít get respected is because we donít respect ourselves. I never saw those things as forms of Slavery until I left. I too was waiting and waiting and waiting for the Man with the key, how stupid were we viewed too the people on the outside looking in...

That was over forty years ago and things still remained the same in the UHOP.
Eyes Wide Open

Raleigh, NC

#7270 Dec 13, 2013
On that same note of seeing things from the other side...
Have you ever tried to explain NOW, to someone about how we used to call the bishop daddy?

"Well, we call him "daddy" as a pet name for father. But, also when we say "daddy" we mean the spirit IN the man. Oh yeah, we believe in Jesus. But we call on "daddy" as Christ's representative. Since he's the man in the land today. God only uses one man at the time. Jesus is sitting on the right-hand side of His Father."

If that ain't the craziest sounding mess. And we were right there believing and "calling daddy, he's my rock, Calling daddy, he's my rock. Calling daddy, he's my rock. Daddy is my rock. Daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy.....I call daddy my rock."

CRAZY
Im just saying

Charlotte, NC

#7271 Dec 14, 2013
DeceivedLongEnough wrote:
<quoted text>
ROTFL!!!!!! Oh...my stomach hurts!!! Wait...I was in the number too O_o
And, what the heck are they building the baptismal pools in the church for, if they're just going to spray you down with a water hose. The Mother House in Charlotte has a beautiful baptismal pool; has it ever been used for that purpose? Sometimes people are out there freezing getting sprayed down outside. I'm just saying..
Gee-Tee

AOL

#7272 Dec 14, 2013
Eyes Wide Open wrote:
On that same note of seeing things from the other side...
Have you ever tried to explain NOW, to someone about how we used to call the bishop daddy?
"Well, we call him "daddy" as a pet name for father. But, also when we say "daddy" we mean the spirit IN the man. Oh yeah, we believe in Jesus. But we call on "daddy" as Christ's representative. Since he's the man in the land today. God only uses one man at the time. Jesus is sitting on the right-hand side of His Father."
If that ain't the craziest sounding mess. And we were right there believing and "calling daddy, he's my rock, Calling daddy, he's my rock. Calling daddy, he's my rock. Daddy is my rock. Daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy.....I call daddy my rock."
CRAZY
I got one better for you, when someone ask me why I called him Daddy, I would say,ďThey call the Pope Father, and kiss his feet, heís a white manĒ I would rather call a Black Man Daddy. I was really brain wash. We were not supposed to call any of these men any thing other then Elder, Pastor or Bishop. We have two fathers only, our Father in Heaven and our Natural father.
The reason these Men are on those pedestals is because we put them there. We put them on the same level as God. forgive me Lord, I now know what to do.
Gee-Tee

AOL

#7273 Dec 14, 2013
Im just saying wrote:
<quoted text>And, what the heck are they building the baptismal pools in the church for, if they're just going to spray you down with a water hose. The Mother House in Charlotte has a beautiful baptismal pool; has it ever been used for that purpose? Sometimes people are out there freezing getting sprayed down outside. I'm just saying..
Have you ever seen those pools after Baptism? You would think thatís the only time those people took baths. I donít like the water hose, but for sanitation reasons I say continue, because if I could not be number one in line, they couldnít baptize me in those pools.
Im just saying

Charlotte, NC

#7274 Dec 14, 2013
Gee-Tee wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever seen those pools after Baptism? You would think thatís the only time those people took baths. I donít like the water hose, but for sanitation reasons I say continue, because if I could not be number one in line, they couldnít baptize me in those pools.
As a matter of fact, I did see the old pool behind the Mother House, and, you're absolutely correct; it was nasty.(Thanks for reminding me, I forgot about that.) I didn't get in it. I just stood and wondered what the heck!?
Eyes Wide Open

Raleigh, NC

#7275 Dec 15, 2013
Gee-Tee wrote:
<quoted text>
I got one better for you, when someone ask me why I called him Daddy, I would say,ďThey call the Pope Father, and kiss his feet, heís a white manĒ I would rather call a Black Man Daddy. I was really brain wash. We were not supposed to call any of these men any thing other then Elder, Pastor or Bishop. We have two fathers only, our Father in Heaven and our Natural father.
The reason these Men are on those pedestals is because we put them there. We put them on the same level as God. forgive me Lord, I now know what to do.
You are absolutely right. We are brainwashed from birth. At least I was. I don't know what people tell themselves when they join and have been exposed to something else. How did they think it was ok to exalt these men when it goes against anything else they have heard?
I used to think I was so blessed for being born a member. Now, I'm soo blessed God saw favor in me to show me the real truth to get out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr truth 560,745
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 10 hr PopeIsDemon 83,903
Pope challenges Muslims to condemn violence Dec 26 QUITTNER Dec 26 2014 4
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... Dec 23 woodtick57 4
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... Dec 22 John 4
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 21 Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Dec 21 Doc Proper 12
More from around the web