United House of Prayer for All People...

United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

There are 9601 comments on the www.topix.net story from Apr 7, 2008, titled United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot.... In it, www.topix.net reports that:

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.topix.net.

Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

#7115 Nov 19, 2013
DeceivedLongEnough wrote:
<quoted text>
Let the church say AMEN!! Very well stated!
Thank you and welcome to the Board. Your words are inspiring! Please continue to share your experiences and new learned information for Christ, our Lord sake.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#7116 Nov 19, 2013
Gee-Tee wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember the song Three Cheers for Daddy Grace and the song God Bless the House of Prayer. Thatís the only time they use Gods name, when they wanted to thank him for Daddy and their Church.
I went to a Funeral the other day at an African Baptist Church. They spent the whole service Thanking and Praising God for everything. They posted the words of each song in the front of the Church so that every one could sing along. Everyone that spoke began their statement with thank you Jesus. They even sung a song they sang in Africa praising God. It was so refreshing to hear all the praises given to God. You could feel the spirit of Jesus Christ through out the whole service. I can truly say that spirit I felt was for real.
When the Minister spoke the text he was reading from in the Bible was also displayed on the Big Screen in front of the Church. Its only when you visit other Churches do you see how God is worship. This is why the UHOP wants you to stay away from other Churches. You just might realize the UHOP teaching is truly wrong. Itís God the UHOP members should be praising not Daddy.
Good morning Gee-Tee!

That is the MAIN reason the HOP bishops want to keep members from attending other churches is because the wool will be pulled off of their false doctrine! It is so sad!
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

#7117 Nov 19, 2013
MSD wrote:
<quoted text>
Chile you gonna make me put on a dance up in here!!! LOL, we still have to pray for those who still desire to stay under the yoke of bondage!
LOL MSD! I have so much fun reflecting on my experiences in the UHOP. It helps me stay afloat and reminds me of how bizarre my life journey was when I followed man-made doctrine. I used to cry a lot; I swaddled many days in my pillow in pain, confusion and even doubt. In the process, I learned that prayer and laughter at the old ways helped as I studied the truth. It made the comparisons...truth vs. old ways much easier to accept. Now, like you saidÖ.itís time to pray for others to be able to escape and do the same as they, too, joyfully transition their way into believers in Jesus Christ model to get to God.
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

#7118 Nov 19, 2013
MSD wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Gee-Tee!
That is the MAIN reason the HOP bishops want to keep members from attending other churches is because the wool will be pulled off of their false doctrine! It is so sad!
Sadly, the threats worked. The longer you are in the UHOP or any standard cult...the more the harder the head gets. It's amazing how complicated it is for a long time member to become open-minded. It's only those who allow themselves to travel, associate with people of other backgrounds/beliefs, visit a variety of different organizations that will be more prone to change. More often than others, itís the individuals that are a little standoffish when it comes to ridiculous measures to meet.
heart broken

Angier, NC

#7119 Nov 19, 2013
Eyes on Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly, the threats worked. The longer you are in the UHOP or any standard cult...the more the harder the head gets. It's amazing how complicated it is for a long time member to become open-minded. It's only those who allow themselves to travel, associate with people of other backgrounds/beliefs, visit a variety of different organizations that will be more prone to change. More often than others, itís the individuals that are a little standoffish when it comes to ridiculous measures to meet.
You're absolutely right. Personally, I've always felt something wasnt right.Even when I was a kid, I wondered why things were the way they were. I have never been a follower. naturally when I see alot of folks doing something, I question why. In my head, it has to make sense and it has to feel right.

I tell my family all the time..feelings don't lie, when your gut is telling you something isn't right, it isn't right. period.

No different than a scam..when something sounds too good to be true, must likely it is..same concept.
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

#7120 Nov 19, 2013
Gee-Tee wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember the song Three Cheers for Daddy Grace and the song God Bless the House of Prayer. Thatís the only time they use Gods name, when they wanted to thank him for Daddy and their Church.
I went to a Funeral the other day at an African Baptist Church. They spent the whole service Thanking and Praising God for everything. They posted the words of each song in the front of the Church so that every one could sing along. Everyone that spoke began their statement with thank you Jesus. They even sung a song they sang in Africa praising God. It was so refreshing to hear all the praises given to God. You could feel the spirit of Jesus Christ through out the whole service. I can truly say that spirit I felt was for real.
When the Minister spoke the text he was reading from in the Bible was also displayed on the Big Screen in front of the Church. Its only when you visit other Churches do you see how God is worship. This is why the UHOP wants you to stay away from other Churches. You just might realize the UHOP teaching is truly wrong. Itís God the UHOP members should be praising not Daddy.
Exactly!! I kind of remember that cheer song from magazines. I still don't know that song fully. All I know is that 3 cheers for Daddy Grace is placing praises on him and he didn't deserve it after the tragic death of Jesus for all human beings. What a waste of breath. LOL

You made some good points. I loved learning that other churches/people will do whatever they can to help you to learn scriptures and enjoy the meaning behind a worship song. The UHOP weren't always careful about the songs they chose to sing in the HOP; always substituting "Dad" for Jesus which made the members sing lies. I adored how other churches took valuable time to set examples and provided information, documentation, etc. to help your understanding. This is an expression of love, care, and concern for people. This was never displayed in the UHOP. Alot of talk about love, but never showed how love is to be displayed amongst one another and this is the reason why God's love was never a strength amongst brothers and sisters in the UHOP.
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

#7121 Nov 19, 2013
heart broken wrote:
<quoted text>
You're absolutely right. Personally, I've always felt something wasnt right.Even when I was a kid, I wondered why things were the way they were. I have never been a follower. naturally when I see alot of folks doing something, I question why. In my head, it has to make sense and it has to feel right.
I tell my family all the time..feelings don't lie, when your gut is telling you something isn't right, it isn't right. period.
No different than a scam..when something sounds too good to be true, must likely it is..same concept.
Only if more people would be more like you and use their natural God given inner ability to think and analyze! What a difference it would make.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#7122 Nov 19, 2013
Another thing that will make you wake up about the UHOP is world hunger. To see these Bishops live in such Luxuries and see so many homeless makes you wonder what Church is really all about.

I volunteered with so many food and clothing banks and saw the need in those that came, seeking help and wondered why we were giving so much money to the UHOP and they never gave anything back.

The services in the UHOP are geared on raising money, not saving souls. Most Churches has envelopes in every pew. You put your money in and can check the box on where you want your money to go towards. They have board meetings to discuss the money collected and a financial report is given in the Sunday bulletin. No one Man show, everyone knows how, when and why. Picture you questing Puffy on what heís doing with your money, Will never happen.

UHOP members give money all their lives to benefit their Leaders. Each Bishop always comes with a new Money plan. Some of these members fall for these lies all the time. Teach your members to give everything to their Bishops and you will keep a Church full of ignorant people. They banked on Obedience is better then a Sacrifice. That was the worst part of the UHOP teaching.
Im Free

Philadelphia, PA

#7123 Nov 19, 2013
@Deeivedlongenough, Congratulations, you have
made the big step to your spirtual freedom. Its been over 30 years for me but I can still remember when I came out like yesterday. I never knew life outside HOP would be soo rewarding because I experienced a freedom that I never knew existed.

The freedom to praise Jesus without being looked at because you did not say daddy. The freedom to witness to others without having to make up some rhetoric about daddy being a spirit. The freedom to let your holy spirit reign supreme just from hearing the pure word of God and not a band. Freedom to come to church and not have to worry about money to get on a floor, a club, to get a number or a button. But just for the purpose of Calling on the name of Jesus for your Life, health and strength and giving him ALL the praise. We still have to pray for others who are blinded. Enjoy your freedom my sister. Agape
Enough is Enough

Charlotte, NC

#7124 Nov 25, 2013
Wow!!! I never thought that I would see the HOP in such disarray. My brain is still trying to fathom all of this. I sometimes wonder how my parents and grandparents could not have seen through this scam (I hate to even call it that, but I believe it's true). I must admit that I do love certain things about the HOP and I have met some of the most wonderful people, whom I truly adore and love. However, that's not enough to sustain me. I feel so spiritually empty when I leave the HOP. I love the bands, but I feel like I learned nothing from God's word. Don't even get me started on the money. It sickens me that we are so concerned about money and not a person's soul. The previous bishops were never this money hungry. He is arrogant, greedy, selfish and rude at times. I ask myself how can this man teach me about love and how I'm supposed to live. Yet, he doesn't provide a good example to follow. It's all about how much money you can pay. I'm so disgusted and confused.
Enough is Enough

Charlotte, NC

#7125 Nov 25, 2013
One more thing, I just found out that one of the women in the top ten for several years has been stealing money from non profit organizations. Google (Ephonia Green she's in the DMV area)
Married n2 UHOP

Wesley Chapel, FL

#7126 Nov 25, 2013
Enough is Enough wrote:
One more thing, I just found out that one of the women in the top ten for several years has been stealing money from non profit organizations. Google (Ephonia Green she's in the DMV area)
Go to Washington Post or the FBI website. The young lady stole 5.1 million dollars and her house is worth 1.1 million dollars. I'm sure more will come out.
abc

United States

#7127 Nov 26, 2013
wow is she related to st.Daine foster which is also a green.
Helped by this Column

Charlotte, NC

#7128 Nov 26, 2013
Married n2 UHOP wrote:
<quoted text>
Go to Washington Post or the FBI website. The young lady stole 5.1 million dollars and her house is worth 1.1 million dollars. I'm sure more will come out.
WOW, just WOW. SMH
heart broken

Concord, NC

#7129 Nov 26, 2013
Well, another one bites the dust. Thou shalt not steal is all I can say. Two things I hate..a liar and a thief. Can't stand them..but as a Christian, I pray for people like this. Regardless..we still must pray for these folks bc it's a spirit of evil IMHO. All that stealing and for what? A spot in the pit of hell? Come oooon!
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

#7130 Nov 26, 2013
For a religious church/congregation/organizati on who doesn't take this behavior seriously personal is one that doesnít know the word of God, or doesnít care what God says. I donít fault Sis. Green totally; although, she will have to pay for her sins as God or the 144,000 will judge accordingly. She will also have to pay for her crime of 4 years in a man made criminal system for pleading guilty on yesterday.

For someone to understand her extravagant behavior, the root has to be pulled and examined fully. No one has ever addressed how to get to the root of a problem, but by the inspired words of our perfect God. When anyone, any organization, or group creates an endeavor that promotes challenges, it will produce bad fruit. Produce is to make something come into existence. Promoting the G-Class program, Dadís Club by making it the #1 Hot Topic, making it the highlight of services, providing recognitions to the highest payers, calling people names out in service from those who gave $1.00 all the way up to the loudest screams for the higher dollar amounts, pastors primarily having relationships with the highest paying members, more valuable gifts going to higher payers, designated seats by the Bishop to the highest payers (Top Ten), getting recognized by name by the bishop, etcÖ.all of this PRODUCES BAD FRUIT.(Matthew 7:16) Bad fruit because people will ignore even their own inherited moral values and replace them just to be recognized as the top or a high payer. They are indirectly being asked to compromise good deeds with bad ones. Also, be aware that some may place blame on the individual entirely taking responsibility off of the church which I disagree; and use the UHOP faith is rightÖĒitís just the people ďexcuse. If this is soÖ. then ask why did Jesus state that a Good tree cannot bear bad fruit (Matthew 7:18). Based off of the UHOP members conduct, behaviors, treatment of one another, and treatment of others who donít believe in the HOP faithÖ.a fair question would be WHAT TYPE OF TREE IS THE UHOP AND WHAT KIND OF FRUIT DOES IT PRODUCE?
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#7131 Nov 27, 2013
abc wrote:
wow is she related to st.Daine foster which is also a green.
The young lady is related to her by marriage. She married her nephew.
abc

United States

#7132 Nov 27, 2013
Cultastic wrote:
<quoted text>
The young lady is related to her by marriage. She married her nephew.
the sad thing about it, they all had there money in the cookie , its all going to have to come out, this is not how we were taught in the hop.i.refuse to leave,i just don't do the things they do.i go and give god all my praises, even if i didn't do the daddys club, i was still bless by god
Eyes Wide Open

Raleigh, NC

#7133 Nov 28, 2013
Enough is Enough wrote:
OMG!!! My nephew just sent this article to me the other day. I jokingly asked,'is this one of the TipTop Stars trying to make daddy's club for the umpteenth time?' Then I googled the name to see that she owned a bridal shop that she was funneling money through. I thought then,'no, she's not a member'.
abc

United States

#7134 Nov 28, 2013
Yes both her and husband was in top 10 her husband was asst.pastor i was told.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 5 min Catholic24 84,325
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 18 min June VanDerMark 599,741
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 16 hr Paul Porter1 266
News Hispanics energized by Argentinian pope's first... Jul 27 tomin cali 1
News Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... (Mar '14) Jul 26 pazuzu 91
News Pope previews long-awaited climate letter Jul 25 pazuzu 14
News Poll: US views of Francis dim; a plunge in appr... Jul 24 Bug Spray 20
More from around the web