United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

Full story: www.topix.net

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ...

Comments (Page 348)

Showing posts 6,941 - 6,960 of7,646
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Eyes on Christ

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Heart Broken wrote:
"MSD"]Good morning everyone!!!! Here is a lesson on baptism to get the week flowing! God Bless!
Baptism is Like...
by Stephen R. Bradd
----------
]
@MSD, thank you for posting this passage, it is very helpful to g.et more insight on the meaning of baptism and its relation to our salvation, and how to be freed from sin. You are so resourceful and I appreciate this.
I do believe that we all must die daily in order to live a life holy and acceptable to God. Reading this passage, triggered a thought though. I remember looking at a picture of Grace baptizing in a river ( I believe it was a river-correct me if I'm wrong). Then throughout time, it changed from river baptizing to pool baptizing, now fire hydrant/pool. I wonder why this change was made? Would it be more effective to go back to baptizing in a lake or river? Of course if it safe?
It also triggered another thought. I remember some of the missionary women running the revivals in the UHOP, and that throughout the years changed too.
My question to the board is does anyone know why these changes were made and the reasons behind it? Just curious.
The answer(s) to this question can be long and more indepth. But without looking into the real deap issue..... Baptism in the HOP was done in rivers and by waterhose by Bishop Grace because thats all he had at the time; plus river baptism was the type adopted from the scriptures in his endeavor to convince his followers that HOP ws the truth. But of course, we learned that many black churches were using the river as a method in that day. The UHOP made its transition to the pool after Bishop McCollough rebuilt the Mother Houses to include an outside pool strictly for annual baptism by heavy submersion. And yes....he truly believe in pushing you deep down in the water. So most of McCollouugh baptisms were by pool with the exception of a few Houses that didnt have a pool. Waterhose was always an option used as a back-up for a non working pools, bishop not feeling strong enough to handle the multitude of people that he has to baptize one by one, or just too msny people to beat the timing. Either way, waterhose was always used as a back-up plan. Today, many baptism methods are chosen by the Chairmen who bases his decisions on what I mention. Unfortunately, Bishop Grace failed to understand the sacredness and purity of baptism and its method of submersion so much that he decided to "get em all in at one time". Another form of greed... Im not sure on what you mean by the changes of the misionary you dealt with. I can say that the HOP missionaries mission has changed a great deal and we see less of them today like we see less "saints" being made. Missionaries used to make you work harder for your "holy ghost". And spreaded alot of nonsense stories because they were forbidden to teach from their bibles; so they would read a Grace or McCollough letter, and begin jibbering long stories from the top of their heads.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Good morning everyone!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
heart broken

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Thank you eyes on christ. I understand your explanation. As far as the missionaries, what I was saying was back in the day, the missionaries used to run the service..then for some reason that stopped.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

The Preaching of John the Baptizer (Part 1)
by Stephen R. Bradd
----------

Have you ever heard of John the baptizer? Most probably have, though typically folks refer to him as John the Baptist. However, John was not a "Baptist," as we think of the term today, though he did baptize or immerse many people in the first century.
John was a powerful prophet and preacher. He was far from ordinary. His preaching demanded repentance (Matt. 3:2). What is repentance? It is the determination of an individual to turn away from sin; to repent is to will or to resolve to sin no more. It is a common misconception that repentance is sorrow for sin. II Corinthians 7:10 teaches otherwise - "For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation..." Genuine sorrow over sin will produce repentance, but the sorrow itself is not repentance. Also, some mistakenly believe that repentance is the changed actions of a person. It is true that reformation of life grows out of repentance, but such is distinct from it. Repentance is in the heart or mind of an individual; reformation is the actual correction of one's evil ways. When John the baptizer preached, the motivating factor for people to repent was that the kingdom of heaven was at hand (i.e., God's kingdom, the church, was near to being established; cf. Matt. 16:18,19; Mark 9:1; Acts 2).

John preached that the people should turn from their sins and be immersed in water to be forgiven (Luke 3:3). The baptism that John administered was authorized by God (John 1:33), but it is no longer valid today (e.g., Acts 19:1ff). Today, there is only one baptism (Eph. 4:5), and that is the baptism commanded by Christ (Matt. 28:19,20) which is to be done in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. It too is for the forgiveness of sins (Acts 2:38; 22:16). John's baptism looked forward to Christ (Matt. 3:11) and was designed to bring the Jews back to the old covenant. The baptism commanded by Christ looks backward to His death (Rom. 6:3-6) and is designed to bring all to the new covenant. John's baptism did not require faith in Christ, whereas the baptism Jesus commanded does require it (Mark 16:16).

John the baptizer had been written about centuries earlier by the prophet Isaiah - "The voice of one crying in the wilderness:'Prepare the way of the LORD; make His paths straight'" (Matt. 3:3). This prophecy could relate to no one but John, for no other prophet ever made the wilderness his scene of preaching. It is clear that John, as God's messenger (Mark 1:2) had a very specific work to do; that is, to prepare the people for Jesus. John did exactly that.

Matthew 3:4 says - "Now John himself was clothed in camel's hair, with a leather belt around his waist; and his food was locusts and wild honey." John's manner of life certainly differed from that of his disciples. His attire is similar to Elijah's (II Kings 1:8). Although his diet would not be embraced by many today, locusts were permitted for consumption under the Jewish law (Lev. 11:22).

Matthew 3:5 reads - "Then Jerusalem and all Judea, and all the region around the Jordan went out to him." A great number of people from all of the surrounding regions came out to John the baptizer. Some claim that this year was a Sabbatical year under the old law (cf. Lev. 25), and this would explain how the Israelites had sufficient time to travel into the wilderness and listen to the prophet who many likely supposed to be the Messiah.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

John, in the Jordan River, immersed those who came confessing their sins. Interestingly, the baptism commanded by Jesus only calls for a confession of faith in Christ, not a verbal confession of sin (cf. Acts 8:37; Rom. 10:9,10). Of course, ultimately this distinction is irrelevant since one who submits to the baptism that Jesus commanded is affirming, at the very least, his sinfulness in a non-verbal way. Why would a person be immersed in water for the forgiveness of sin if he did not believe there was sin in his life that needed forgiving?

Tomorrow we will continue this study in Matthew 3 as we learn more about the preaching of John the baptizer
Helped by this Column

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

So, is the "one man" concept correct; just not the current man?
heart broken

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

The Preaching of John the Baptizer (Part 1)
by Stephen R. Bradd
----------
I was actually reading about John the baptist today. The bible says how John came baptizing in water and also explained that there will be one to come after him who will baptize with the Holy Spirit. This is indeed very powerful.

I understand how God used men to help fulfill prophesies and to spread the gospel. Some.of the disciples have even referred to the members as "my child", they felt responsible for them spiritually but even with all of these great disciples like John the baptist, they knew their place. Jesus was always the chosen one, there was nothing or noone that took His place.

Clearly John was a great teacher and preacher but even he knew that there was no other as great or as powerful as Jesus the Christ.

Back to the topic of baptism.., should we baptize multiples times or just once?
Eyes on Christ

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

Helped by this Column wrote:
So, is the "one man" concept correct; just not the current man?
No, that is not correct at all. Have you ever paid close attention to this concise statement made by Jesus in John 14:16? He couldnt make it more clearer..."I am the WAY, and the TRUTH and the LIFE. No one comes to the father except through ME." Meditate on these wirds from Jesus. Sometimes when soneone gives you something nice or different. We sit there in disbelief when really it is truly real and easy to accept. Im sure we all have stumbled over or heard John 14:16 trillions of times but never truly paid attention to the words because satan distracted our attention from really understanding the true meaning of those neglected but powerful words by Jesus. John 14:16 totally contradicts with the one man ruler doctrine.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Hello everyone! This is the final lesson on John the Baptizer. Please notice how Stephen explains the baptism of Holy Ghost and Fire! This will make you think next time you hear someone misquote that term. No one should want to be baptized with fire (that's HELL FIRE)

The Preaching of John the Baptizer (Part 3)
by Stephen R. Bradd
----------

This is our third and final lesson from Matthew 3 focusing on John the baptizer. John was a prophet of God who was specially called to prepare the way for the coming Messiah. He commanded people to repent, and he baptized those who came to him confessing their sins. He blasted the Pharisees and Sadducees for their wicked pride and preached that God's judgment would fall like an ax upon those who do not bear good fruit. Let us now pick up where we left off yesterday.
Matthew 3:11 says - "I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire." John affirmed that his baptism was "unto repentance" ; that is, he baptized them that they would do the works of righteousness that would show their repentance (cf. Luke 3:11-14).

John freely admitted that he was not the Christ. Rather, the Messiah would come after him. He goes on to describe just how insignificant he is in comparison to the Messiah who was to come. John proclaimed that he was unworthy to carry Christ's sandals or even bend down and unloose His sandal strap (Luke 3:16)! This is an expression of intense humility since untying or carrying away the shoes of the master or his guest was the work of the lowest slave of a household. John is essentially saying that the people shouldn't consider him to be the Christ for he doesn't even consider himself worthy enough to be a servant of the Messiah!

John then states that Christ "will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire." Many interpret this as a reference to that which happened on Pentecost in Acts 2. While it is true that in that context the apostles did experience the baptism of the Holy Spirit, I do not believe they were baptized in fire! Yes, there were divided tongues "as of fire" resting upon them (Acts 2:3), but that doesn't mean they were immersed with fire! We have seen in Matthew 3 that John the baptizer has been describing two types of people, faithful and unfaithful, and he is now discussing two separate baptisms. The casting of the unfruitful trees into the fire represents the punishment of the wicked (verse 10) and the burning of the chaff with fire represents the same in verse 12. Thus, according to the force of the context, the baptism of fire here in verse 11 would logically have the same reference. The baptism of fire is not an experience one should desire. The wicked will experience such a baptism when they are "cast into the lake of fire" (Rev. 20:15).

Matthew 3:12 reads - "His winnowing fan is in His hand, and He will thoroughly clean out his threshing floor, and gather His wheat into the barn; but He will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire." The figure used here was taken from the custom of threshing grain by treading it out with oxen or by drawing a threshing tool over the grain. As a result, the grain and chaff were mingled, and in this condition both were thrown up against the wind with a shovel. This resulted in the chaff being blown away while the grain, which was heavier, fell into a heap. In this way, chaff and grain were separated. Afterward, the chaff was burned up and the wheat was gathered into the barn for storage. John's words here represent the Messiah as separating the evil from the good
MSD

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

The Preaching of John the Baptizer (Part 3)
by Stephen R. Bradd

CONTINUED

(Matt. 25:32,33). The worthy are received into His kingdom and given a rich reward, while the unworthy are destroyed. There is a sharp contrast between the wheat and the chaff as well as the destiny of the two classes. The fire that burns the wicked is "unquenchable" which means it is never extinguished; the doom it describes is eternal (Matt. 25:46).

As we conclude this series on John the baptizer, I hope it is plain to see that John was quite a preacher. He delivered God's word powerfully and uncompromisingly to the people of his generation. He humbly fulfilled the work that God intended for him to accomplish, always seeking to direct attention to the Lord, not himself. What a wonderful servant John was!
Cultastic

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

I was browsing the internet and I came across a question about the black church and the damage it's doing to the community spiritually, financially, etc. I found this response to be brilliant and I wanted to share. I hope my UHOP sisters and brothers can receive this introspection in love.

"The sadest thing is people are so blinded by religion & the promise of a better 'life' to come that they forget to make the life they have now the best it could be. The social control mechanism of organised religion manipulates & distorts true faith for its own means and anyone caught using their skills of independent thinking to question the church system is a godless, hell bound, soulless devil worshipper. If you need to attend church to find GOD you are looking in the wrong place!"

I hope everyone is well.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Good morning everyone!

MSD

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

HERE'S ANOTHER ONE

ISpyWithMyThirdE ye

West Newton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

Cultastic wrote:
I was browsing the internet and I came across a question about the black church and the damage it's doing to the community spiritually, financially, etc. I found this response to be brilliant and I wanted to share. I hope my UHOP sisters and brothers can receive this introspection in love.
"The sadest thing is people are so blinded by religion & the promise of a better 'life' to come that they forget to make the life they have now the best it could be. The social control mechanism of organised religion manipulates & distorts true faith for its own means and anyone caught using their skills of independent thinking to question the church system is a godless, hell bound, soulless devil worshipper. If you need to attend church to find GOD you are looking in the wrong place!"
I hope everyone is well.
HI-FIVE!!!

"Church" is inside of ALL of us and not some brick and mortar!!!
Cultastic

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Judged:

"Throughout the course of my life I've often been consumed with one aspect of my life. Over time I began to learn that I neglected one very important part of my life and that's my family history and legacy. I now realize that I don't know much about where I come from beyond my parents and grand parents. In lieu of this revelation I realized that I overlooked a very important fact about my family history. I would like to take this time to salute my personal hero James Tate, Sr. a US Army Vietnam war veteran. I've never taken the time out to acknowledge that my father served this country. Well today I take time out to honor him. Please join me in saluting him and all the other veterans today."

^^^ I posted the above on my Facebook page today, but I wanted to expound. The annual UHOP "Announcement" ceremony is typically held the weekend of the Veteran's Day holiday. With all of the awards and pomp and circumstance about all of the money paid in the UHOP they never take time to honor the veterans. They don't even acknowledge the veterans that are members of the organization. The UHOP hijacks every holiday and uses it for it's own selfish purposes. How many member's really know the purpose of Memorial Day? Why are we honoring dead pimps, I mean Bishops instead of service men and women on that weekend?

All of these years I remembered that my father served in the Army it didn't dawn on me until last night that he's actually a war veteran. It's almost like it was a lost history.

I urge my UHOP sisters and brothers to be careful that your service to the organization doesn't strip you of GOD's greatest blessing of all, FAMILY. If all you can discuss is your ancestors accomplishments in the UHOP your history is already lost in the clouds of your leaders' legacy. Now tell me about your legacy.

"Man know thyself"~~African Proverb
MSD

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Great post Bro. Cultastic! Here's a video i'd like to share that really should make one think!

http://youtu.be/Qx5Hkt8mWHg
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

Hello everyone had a nice vacation. Like that piece on Family, you are so right Cultastic. UHOP members would travel from East to West and North to South and would not visit their family in those States. If you didnít go to the UHOP you were out of luck. Talk about Slavery separating families, the UHOP continued that practice. Some of us have never met nor tried to see extended family members if they didnít attend the UHOP. And even though some family members were in the UHOP we were somehow distant from each other. We can not trace our roots because we do not visit non members.

So sad that a Church that claims God created it, teaches separation in every form and walk of life. Thatís why I always say, Friends are Gods way of apologizing for Family. If you happen to have a good friend, they treat you better then family. They accept all your flaws without judgment. Some Family members never forget nor forgive. The UHOP members hide under the title,ďFor all People. Well when are you all people going to become one.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2013

Judged:

Cultastic wrote:

I hope everyone is well.
This is so true; the meaning of Church was lost the moment these Bishops realize they could play God over their memberís souls.

If you notice I always speak of the Heaven here on earth. I question Church preparing its members for Heaven, but canít teach them how to live here on earth. Why does a Church member feel every member except their Leaders have to wait to die to enjoy life? Talk about not practicing what they preach. These UHOP Bishops and their families live the life of luxury. While their members stay on bending knees praying for something better. If they keep their monies in their own pockets they wouldnít have to pray so hard, nor wait to die to enjoy death.
Married in

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

Has anyone seen these posts on youtube.com :http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=Wc5dKR-2j60, and http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Nov 13

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2013

Judged:

Hello everyone! I am so blessed, relieved, relieved, happy and PROUD to say that I am NO LONGER a member of the UHOP. I like many of you here on this forum have been exposed to the manipulation of God's scriptures in the UHOP and I decided to make a stand for GOD not DADDY! GOD created EVERYTHING, so how foolish of it for me to worship and put all of my focus, glory, thanks and praise on a man that HE created and not HE who created the man!! I thank God everyday and night that the scales have been removed from my eyes!! The truth LITERALLY DOES SET YOU FREE!! I just want EVERYONE to know about God's TRUTH...especially all of my friends and family who are still at the UHOP being burdened down and oppressed. They really think that they are doing the right thing. I pray for my family...my ENTIRE family is in the UHOP and of course I am looked upon as cursed by them, but I know that I am blessed beyond measure because I know God's truth!! If no one else in my family will take a stand for God, I will!! I just thank Him for setting me free. There IS power in HIS name and the chains are broken!!! God bless you all!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 6,941 - 6,960 of7,646
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••