United House of Prayer for All People...

United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

There are 10204 comments on the www.topix.net story from Apr 7, 2008, titled United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot.... In it, www.topix.net reports that:

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.topix.net.

For me

United States

#7034 Oct 18, 2013
Afternoon people I've been very busy at work and havnt been chiming in as often but yes ma'am I'm totally with you on that knowledge you just dropped on us all. I'm a homeowner and looking to purchase rental property later once I get excellent credit. I'm older but younger than you Geetee and it's so sad that we were taught and groomed to hustle for the hop and not for ourselves. There are many in the hop that know but the majority needs to be taken by the hand. What good does it do you to be top payer and still riding the city bus? Just an example of the mindset of many that are still stuck. I'm still praying for them. Million dollar chauffeur driven car or city bus?
Im Just Sayin

Virginia Beach, VA

#7035 Oct 18, 2013
heart broken wrote:
<quoted text>
All I have to say is Amen and Wow. This is terribly true. My husband and I visit other churches and I will tell you..it feels so good to sit together. It brings you closer. Though he likes the uhop and kind of feeds into what they are selling, he still supports me as his wife. Well said and thank you for sharing this.
On another note..thank you again to the board for your thoughts and prayers. Things have gotten better rather quickly. Turned right around. Come to find out it was a misunderstanding and I actually was apologized to. God is an awesome God!
It is very different to sit in a service with your spouse isn't it? I agree that it does bring you closer and when you get home, the conversation is focused more on God's word and what was learned than what was going on around us.
I am so glad to hear that God turned things around so quickly in your situation. He loves you. Stick with Him, He will never let you down. May God continue to bless and keep you.
heart broken

Georgetown, SC

#7036 Oct 19, 2013
Gee-Tee wrote:
<quoted text>
One way they began to divide families was when they started moving Pastors around. Most of the wives were the bread winners. They could not up and leave their jobs nor place of living. When these Pastors were relocated, they had to depend on members in order to have somewhere to live.
Another, demanding the Pastors travel with the Council the entire Convocation. Some of these Pastors had Girl friends in every state. With the Pastor spending most of his time with his secretary was another way families became divided.
Being away from your spouse long periods of time, cause many conflicts. I heard one Pastors wife say she wasn’t moving anymore. They never took in consideration some of these Pastors had children. They had to disrupt their entire families’ life in order to please these Bishops. Some of these wives wanted Men as husbands. But allowing one Man to take away your manhood was a hard pill to sallow for these women to see.
Many of these wives complaint to these Bishops daily, like you said with no formal resources to help them survive they fell apart. Some of these men use Marriage as an excuse to commit sin. I’ve heard it all. One thing for sure family structure is not a subject taught in the UHOP, when the Bishop finds no fault with the Pastor Divorcing his wife to Marry his Secretary.
I told you that’s when I lost all respect for Madison; he thought it was OK for him to perform the Ceremony of that Pastor in Virginia with the Secretary. What message was Madison trying to portray. Madison was not supposed to marry that couple. Was I the only one seeing something wrong with that picture? I felt for the wife who had been betrayed twice, One by her husband, second by her Bishop.
This is so true. It's tough when they move ...puts the family in disarray. Someone should write a book about it. I can't believe he left his wife for his secretary. What happened to loving your wife like Christ loves the church? What a dirty dog..but...not surprised. I wonder how the wife is now?
LA for Christ

Grovetown, GA

#7037 Oct 19, 2013
Egytology my daughter has been to Dubai a number of times cause she was n the NAVY and she got gold from there and it is so yellow pure i have a piece with my name on it and it is so beautiful when u go enjoy i've been to different countries and states and i learn alot about those places so it's not if u go but when u go (smiley face)
Egyptology

United States

#7038 Oct 21, 2013
@gee-tee and eyes on christ thanks
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#7039 Oct 21, 2013
Im Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
It is very different to sit in a service with your spouse isn't it? I agree that it does bring you closer and when you get home, the conversation is focused more on God's word and what was learned than what was going on around us.
I am so glad to hear that God turned things around so quickly in your situation. He loves you. Stick with Him, He will never let you down. May God continue to bless and keep you.
Just a random rant this morning. There is a very direct reason in the UHOP most married couples don't sit together. Now you have to be very observant to see the subtle nuances. Bishop and his top spiritual mobsters sit facing the audience which mainly consists of women. Then on the second level you have the bulk of the men in the service which are the band boys who are facing each other (in other words not looking at the women). Then most of the other men that are in the audience are typically in the back standing or off to the side. Now you may have a few exceptions but this is typically the lay of the land in the UHOP.

These women are sitting constantly being bombarded with images of this man. You're looking at him for several hours straight. It may seem a little far fetched as a theory but it becomes all eyes on me. The subliminal visual stimuli has an affect on the brain. Any GOD fearing player, I mean preacher knows that once you capture a woman's attention and her heart she'll stick with you know matter what. It's simple, play on the woman's emotions and she'll follow even when she knows your dead wrong. Even the toughest of men in the UHOP have been emasculated by Bishop's religious scripture twisting. The men (and I use that term loosely) who know the Bishop is out of line don't have the testicular fortitude in GOD of course to stand up and say "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH."

Nobody really pays attention to the fact that the husbands and the wives have two different worship experiences in the same exact service. Separation of families will always work to the Bishop's advantage. For example: Brother so and so may have left but his wife and children still belong to me. Therefore, I'm still getting his money. Typically the remaining family will become even more dedicated to Brother Bishop's agenda.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#7040 Oct 21, 2013
Cultastic wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a random rant this morning. There is a very direct reason in the UHOP most married couples don't sit together. Now you have to be very observant to see the subtle nuances. Bishop and his top spiritual mobsters sit facing the audience which mainly consists of women. Then on the second level you have the bulk of the men in the service which are the band boys who are facing each other (in other words not looking at the women). Then most of the other men that are in the audience are typically in the back standing or off to the side. Now you may have a few exceptions but this is typically the lay of the land in the UHOP.
These women are sitting constantly being bombarded with images of this man. You're looking at him for several hours straight. It may seem a little far fetched as a theory but it becomes all eyes on me. The subliminal visual stimuli has an affect on the brain. Any GOD fearing player, I mean preacher knows that once you capture a woman's attention and her heart she'll stick with you know matter what. It's simple, play on the woman's emotions and she'll follow even when she knows your dead wrong. Even the toughest of men in the UHOP have been emasculated by Bishop's religious scripture twisting. The men (and I use that term loosely) who know the Bishop is out of line don't have the testicular fortitude in GOD of course to stand up and say "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH."
Nobody really pays attention to the fact that the husbands and the wives have two different worship experiences in the same exact service. Separation of families will always work to the Bishop's advantage. For example: Brother so and so may have left but his wife and children still belong to me. Therefore, I'm still getting his money. Typically the remaining family will become even more dedicated to Brother Bishop's agenda.
You are soooo right Cultastic! I always kept my eyes on my husband though.
Egyptology

United States

#7041 Oct 21, 2013
Egyptology wrote:
@gee-tee and eyes on christ thanks
sorry L.A. for christ i ment you
heart broken

Asheboro, NC

#7042 Oct 21, 2013
I don't think you're far fetched. It was always a reason why things are the way they are. These subtle subliminal messages are used for deceptive purposes. Religion in itself has been made to be one big scam. Seeking the innocent and destroying them. The lengths that a person can go for the all mighty dollar is something isn't it? I used to sit in service and feel like I was sitting in the midst of a bunch of snakes. I know it sounds crazy but that's how I felt. When convocation would come around, I would look around and see all the hatred in the air. The uhop is not a place for worship. It is a place full of lies, deceit, false teachings, lust, evil, gambling,..the list goes on. I feel it can be cleaned up but if it were to be cleaned up, then those that are prospering, wouldn't prosper no more...that was just my random thought.
heart broken

Asheboro, NC

#7043 Oct 21, 2013
MSD wrote:
<quoted text>
You are soooo right Cultastic! I always kept my eyes on my husband though.
Hey MSD. So did I. Lol.
I see now

United States

#7044 Oct 21, 2013
At Mr. Cultastic the only pastor that has said "enough is enough" is Eld.W. Richardson formerly of Derita mission in Charlotte. It takes a true man of God to not continue misleading the people for any amount of money. He's the only one that walked to my knowledge.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#7045 Oct 21, 2013
Check this prank call out from "Nephew Tommy" on this lady shouting too much. LOL!!!!!

http://youtu.be/p0YY18U0rhk
Married n2 UHOP

Talladega, AL

#7046 Oct 21, 2013
MSD wrote:
Check this prank call out from "Nephew Tommy" on this lady shouting too much. LOL!!!!!
WOW TOOOO FUNNY. Thanks
Im Just Sayin

Virginia Beach, VA

#7047 Oct 21, 2013
Cultastic wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for sharing these very powerful thoughts on this subject. There is so much truth to what you say and whether or not this little set up is intentional, it is one of the many strategies satan has used in the UHOP to keep people deceived. The thing is that what comes out of separation of families sometimes, many times, is the opportunity to "hook-up" with someone else, a prospect too alluring for too much objection.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#7048 Oct 21, 2013
Cultastic wrote:
<quoted text>
These women are sitting constantly being bombarded with images of this man.
What’s so sad about this scenario is the children that were raped by those Men, were accepted by these women. Some of these women were so mesmerized by these Men they were wishing it had been them.
Helped by this Column

Charlotte, NC

#7049 Oct 22, 2013
Gee-Tee wrote:
<quoted text>
What’s so sad about this scenario is the children that were raped by those Men, were accepted by these women. Some of these women were so mesmerized by these Men they were wishing it had been them.
I don't even think some of them knew they were being raped. My friend (female) told me her first job in the UHOP was shining Daddy Grace's shoes. She considered it an honor. I asked her why couldn't a little boy shine his shoes; she still hasn't answered me. I just believe that if a little girl was shining his shoes, he must have been "laying hands on her" in an illegal way. Of course, she doesn't think so. Disgusting!
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#7050 Oct 22, 2013
Good morning my friends here is a very good video lesson I'd like to share with you all. Listen closely it is on "The Traditions of Men vs The Word of God"

http://youtu.be/XDminVLmOFo

God Bless!
Eyes on Christ

United States

#7051 Oct 22, 2013
MSD wrote:
Lol. This was funny and sad at the same time. This lady broke her commitment to her own self and others rather than God because she showed that she doesnt even know who He is based off of many things she stated. If she in fact did, her reaction to just the mere " make believe" concern regarding distraction would have been completely different amongst other things, of course:) But this was funny!! Thanks for the good laugh, MSD.
Eyes on Christ

United States

#7052 Oct 22, 2013
Cultastic wrote:
<quoted text>
This is genius!! And yes, you are so right....satans deceit can go as far as ANY and EVERYTHING to keep humans focus from serving YHWH correctly.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#7053 Oct 22, 2013
Eyes on Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. This was funny and sad at the same time. This lady broke her commitment to her own self and others rather than God because she showed that she doesnt even know who He is based off of many things she stated. If she in fact did, her reaction to just the mere " make believe" concern regarding distraction would have been completely different amongst other things, of course:) But this was funny!! Thanks for the good laugh, MSD.
Your statement is so true my friend! This clip just shows how people are ignorant of God's word and how He was to be worshipped. It's not about us it's ALWAYS about Him! Stop making a spectacle of yourselves people!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 37 min Steve III 653,905
News Pope Francis wades into transgender debate, lam... Wed South Knox Hombre 2
News Pope Francis' Remarks Disappoint Gay and Transg... Aug 4 Leon 2
News The Pope s War Aug 2 The Proclaimer 1
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Aug 1 Bob 1
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' (Feb '16) Jul '16 make Donald Drump... 47
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul '16 Crusader 4
More from around the web