United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

Apr 7, 2008 Read more: www.topix.net 9,176
The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ... Read more
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#7014 Oct 16, 2013
LA for Christ wrote:
Why does the HOP baptize infants & small children? it is not n the scripture
The answer to that question LA for Christ is that from the leadership on down they are ignorant of the scriptures read
Romans 10:1

English Standard Version (ESV)

10 Brothers,[a] my heart's desire and prayer to God for them is that they may be saved. 2 For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge. 3 For, being ignorant of the righteousness of God, and seeking to establish their own, they did not submit to God's righteousness. 4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

Babies and small children are safe they have no sins they can repent of. Now when they become of age to understand right from wrong an accountable age then they should be baptized. I posted information and a video on "Baptism" a few pages back. I hope this helps!

God Bless
Cultastic

Charlotte, NC

#7015 Oct 17, 2013
Good Morning ALCON:

@ISpyWithMyThirdEye I see ya....

I wanted to make a small point this morning. Did anybody notice how quickly that brother @Lorenzo disappeared? I didn't take anything he said about me personal. I'm quite sure he's still lurking. I just find it interesting that when my UHOP sisters and brothers get upset they like to come in throwing religious marshmallow grenades; then they run and hide. You can't discuss a subject you know little about. Your leadership feeds you only what they want you to know. I can't repeat this enough. Please do some research outside of what you've been taught in the UHOP; especially my young sisters and brothers.

I hear my UHOP sisters and brothers talk like this all the time: "I just don't understand why Daddy did this, and why we do that"? You do understand sisters and brothers you just don't accept. Daddy collects all of that money because he's greedy and he can; self preservation is a human instinct. It has nothing to do with a "GOD" agenda. You won't be able to produce one deposit slip or withdrawal slip that GOD signed. I know that I can be controversial at times but I simply challenge my sisters and brothers to think. Many of you have way more education than Brother Bishop (no offense btw).

Do you think that GOD somehow blessed him with more knowledge about what to do with YOUR money than you in his name of course?

Who's fault is it when he makes poor financial decisions with "GOD's money"?

I've moved way beyond arguing about religious traditions in the UHOP that contradict scripture and the teachings of the Kristos. I honestly believe that many of my sisters and brothers understand, yet they let a "faith/organized church" belief system destroy one of the most basic principles of the Creator; FAMILY. In closing, note that your UHOP founder Brother Grace didn't publicly acknowledge his biological children. By most of your standards if I did the same you'd call me a dead beat dad. In contrast you still refer to him as "Daddy" and respect him unconditionally. Just food for thought.

AGAPE
Egyptology

Concord, CA

#7016 Oct 17, 2013
@cultastic.......religous marshmallow grenades, lol i have to use this one
Cultastic

Charlotte, NC

#7017 Oct 17, 2013
Egyptology wrote:
@cultastic.......religous marshmallow grenades, lol i have to use this one
Go for it brother LOL. I have a crazy sense of humor; but the visual is awesome. They be launching them suckers jack. "Oh he think he's something watch this bomb I'm about to release".*fizzzzzzzzlllll llllllleeee whisssssssppppppppppeeeeer DUD poooooof*.
Egyptology

Concord, CA

#7018 Oct 17, 2013
lmao
Egyptology

Concord, CA

#7019 Oct 17, 2013
@cultastic you can relate to this and any other band men that use to be up and down the road, it is a totally different feeling going on a church vacation and a real vacation without any church obligation man my wife almost cried because we actually went on vacation and we saw the wonders of GODs work, and our minds begin to expand on bigger and better things, and she told that she is glad that i got out of all that band hype and was being a man that she desire. i go to say this you have to have a balance in life for whatever you do if not thats an abomination to god proverbs 11:1. so again thanks to yall and lets keep it going
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#7020 Oct 17, 2013
Egyptology wrote:
@cultastic you can relate to this and any other band men that use to be up and down the road, it is a totally different feeling going on a church vacation and a real vacation without any church obligation man my wife almost cried because we actually went on vacation and we saw the wonders of GODs work, and our minds begin to expand on bigger and better things, and she told that she is glad that i got out of all that band hype and was being a man that she desire. i go to say this you have to have a balance in life for whatever you do if not thats an abomination to god proverbs 11:1. so again thanks to yall and lets keep it going
@Egyptology hat's off to you man! It is a wonderful thing! A man MUST not only fulfill his obligation to God but he must fulfill it to his wife! If more of the HOP men would realize that more families and marriages wouldn't be broken! You MUST have balance in your life! Band HYPE is ALL that it is, those men need to grow up!
Egyptology

Concord, CA

#7021 Oct 17, 2013
so true and to be honest i am glad that i went through all of that band hype at a young age and one of my band leaders was helping at the time to see how great life can be, i was 15 at the time and now im 26 and everytime i see i tell him i thank you for helping a young black brother to open up his eyes. a lot of marriages are going through the motions as an organization we never had real marriage couseling i can say for me and mines, we been couseling each other but there are no more values about marriage and going through real adversities im trying to help a young black brother to see now he is one year younger 2 kids no job still at his parents but love the band i had to tell him that shouts don't pay bills get your priorities straight. its bad enough that black men already have two strikes against him and then you turn around and make dumb decision. we need help badly. its deeper than church. again i love this forum
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#7022 Oct 17, 2013
Egyptology wrote:
it is a totally different feeling going on a church vacation and a real vacation without any church obligation man my wife almost cried because we actually went on vacation and we saw the wonders of GODs work
In some of my earlier post I stress for you to explore the world. God made a beautiful world and we should see it. Some places I’ve been were my closest to being with God on earth. I had to pinch myself to see if I was still alive.

Even in traveling with the UHOP from State to State, UHOP members don’t even know any Historical things about the State they are in. This is another reason the UHOP members have such close minds. They never venture out side of the box.

Good for you and your wife, when you do things as a couple it keeps the Marriage going. I always say Church is not supposed to consume your life. Next stop make it Greece, India, Alaska and Dubai.
Egyptology

United States

#7023 Oct 17, 2013
@gee-tee get out of my head lol i had Dubai in mind for a long time its on my list i can't wait to explore more of GODs world i feel free and not in captivity (aka the safety zone)
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#7024 Oct 17, 2013
Egyptology wrote:
@gee-tee get out of my head lol i had Dubai in mind for a long time its on my list i can't wait to explore more of GODs world i feel free and not in captivity (aka the safety zone)
When you fly into Dubai you won’t want to leave the Airport it’s that beautiful, not to mention the Country. The food is served fresh everyday. Save some money, you will want to buy everything you see so that the memory of how beautiful this country really is stays with you forever. Their Gold is yellow and stands out every where you go. It is a must see and truly the place to go. See what you can do if you keep “Puffy Club Money” in your pocket.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#7025 Oct 17, 2013
One more thing, check their weather most summer month’s it rain a lot, its better to go in our winter also if you go to Alaska don’t pick the time when its night all day long.
Egyptology

Concord, CA

#7026 Oct 18, 2013
will do and by the way there is no 2000 coming out for his club anyway so i am going to plan for that trip. and thanks for the tip
Helped by this Column

Charlotte, NC

#7027 Oct 18, 2013
Cultastic wrote:
Good Morning ALCON:
@ISpyWithMyThirdEye I see ya....
I wanted to make a small point this morning. Did anybody notice how quickly that brother @Lorenzo disappeared? I didn't take anything he said about me personal. I'm quite sure he's still lurking. I just find it interesting that when my UHOP sisters and brothers get upset they like to come in throwing religious marshmallow grenades; then they run and hide. You can't discuss a subject you know little about. Your leadership feeds you only what they want you to know. I can't repeat this enough. Please do some research outside of what you've been taught in the UHOP; especially my young sisters and brothers.
I hear my UHOP sisters and brothers talk like this all the time: "I just don't understand why Daddy did this, and why we do that"? You do understand sisters and brothers you just don't accept. Daddy collects all of that money because he's greedy and he can; self preservation is a human instinct. It has nothing to do with a "GOD" agenda. You won't be able to produce one deposit slip or withdrawal slip that GOD signed. I know that I can be controversial at times but I simply challenge my sisters and brothers to think. Many of you have way more education than Brother Bishop (no offense btw).
Do you think that GOD somehow blessed him with more knowledge about what to do with YOUR money than you in his name of course?
Who's fault is it when he makes poor financial decisions with "GOD's money"?
I've moved way beyond arguing about religious traditions in the UHOP that contradict scripture and the teachings of the Kristos. I honestly believe that many of my sisters and brothers understand, yet they let a "faith/organized church" belief system destroy one of the most basic principles of the Creator; FAMILY. In closing, note that your UHOP founder Brother Grace didn't publicly acknowledge his biological children. By most of your standards if I did the same you'd call me a dead beat dad. In contrast you still refer to him as "Daddy" and respect him unconditionally. Just food for thought.
AGAPE
So happy you're back. It's just not the same without you!
Helped by this Column

Charlotte, NC

#7028 Oct 18, 2013
MSD wrote:
<quoted text>
@Egyptology hat's off to you man! It is a wonderful thing! A man MUST not only fulfill his obligation to God but he must fulfill it to his wife! If more of the HOP men would realize that more families and marriages wouldn't be broken! You MUST have balance in your life! Band HYPE is ALL that it is, those men need to grow up!
Not only the men have to realize this; the women do, too. As someone stated earlier, would they even do the things for their husband that they are willing to do for their so-called Daddy?
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

#7029 Oct 18, 2013
Helped by this Column wrote:
<quoted text>Not only the men have to realize this; the women do, too. As someone stated earlier, would they even do the things for their husband that they are willing to do for their so-called Daddy?
No, that’s why families are divided in the UHOP. Responsibility for family bonding is sadly avoided just to reach financial goals.“A House of Sacrifice” is what the UHOP claims to be. With regard to that notion, the sacrifice comes with a major price. It cannot be ignored that the Pastors use the sisters more than they turn to their fellow assigned elders or even resorting to solicit the help of a brother. This causes division in the home; a husband needs his wife to be supportive in the home, if she uses her time typing letters, printing programs, shopping for XYZ, buying supplies (out of her family’s pocket) etc, this leads to time and money stolen from the family. For a husband to watch his wife work tirelessly at home and at the UHOP for another man is absolutely devastating to a family leading to a major division. Now, I only used that as an example, but it’s all real in the UHOP. Needless to say, there are so many more ways that individuals (mainly sisters) are used in the UHOP that destroys family time; it weakens the family structure to the core.

Wives and husbands are attending services and departing the UHOP in separate cars. Not only are they divided in their attendance, but they remain separated doing their individual activities in the UHOP and during the service. Hardly ever do you find a family sitting together in a service; it actually looks awkward to see it. With this type of division and the ongoing competitions, family unity is weak. This gives satan every opportunity to enter in with his strong temptations to devour the family. Unfortunately, his tactics has worked with a great percentage of families in the UHOP from Pastors to the members. So much of his twisted tactics has caused members to be careless when choosing their mates. They don’t know how to do it. So they marry and fail at it, or stay married but the marriage is a failure. Either way…satan slithered his evil way in. And the UHOP does nothing to fix it as it continues to demand your “works”. Is this what you call life!
heart broken

West Columbia, SC

#7030 Oct 18, 2013
Eyes on Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that’s why families are divided in the UHOP. Responsibility for family bonding is sadly avoided just to reach financial goals.“A House of Sacrifice” is what the UHOP claims to be. With regard to that notion, the sacrifice comes with a major price. It cannot be ignored that the Pastors use the sisters more than they turn to their fellow assigned elders or even resorting to solicit the help of a brother. This causes division in the home; a husband needs his wife to be supportive in the home, if she uses her time typing letters, printing programs, shopping for XYZ, buying supplies (out of her family’s pocket) etc, this leads to time and money stolen from the family. For a husband to watch his wife work tirelessly at home and at the UHOP for another man is absolutely devastating to a family leading to a major division. Now, I only used that as an example, but it’s all real in the UHOP. Needless to say, there are so many more ways that individuals (mainly sisters) are used in the UHOP that destroys family time; it weakens the family structure to the core.
Wives and husbands are attending services and departing the UHOP in separate cars. Not only are they divided in their attendance, but they remain separated doing their individual activities in the UHOP and during the service. Hardly ever do you find a family sitting together in a service; it actually looks awkward to see it. With this type of division and the ongoing competitions, family unity is weak. This gives satan every opportunity to enter in with his strong temptations to devour the family. Unfortunately, his tactics has worked with a great percentage of families in the UHOP from Pastors to the members. So much of his twisted tactics has caused members to be careless when choosing their mates. They don’t know how to do it. So they marry and fail at it, or stay married but the marriage is a failure. Either way…satan slithered his evil way in. And the UHOP does nothing to fix it as it continues to demand your “works”. Is this what you call life!
All I have to say is Amen and Wow. This is terribly true. My husband and I visit other churches and I will tell you..it feels so good to sit together. It brings you closer. Though he likes the uhop and kind of feeds into what they are selling, he still supports me as his wife. Well said and thank you for sharing this.

On another note..thank you again to the board for your thoughts and prayers. Things have gotten better rather quickly. Turned right around. Come to find out it was a misunderstanding and I actually was apologized to. God is an awesome God!
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#7031 Oct 18, 2013
Eyes on Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen! Amen! Amen! Eyes on Christ you said a mouth full! My marriage ended due to the HOP so I know exactly what is going on!
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#7032 Oct 18, 2013
Egyptology wrote:
will do and by the way there is no 2000 coming out for his club anyway so i am going to plan for that trip. and thanks for the tip
Be very careful of whom you share your joys with, jealousies are running wild. The,“you can” and the “I can’t” syndrome are over powering. They could if they used their monies to benefit themselves. It has become very expensive going to a Church these days. If they took that 2,000 and invest it in the right funds they just might end up with 4,000.

They frown down on gambling yet they gamble with their soul’s everyday and they gamble with raffle tickets to keep Puffy rich. As it stands for UHOP members, Puffy will always be the one on the receiving end. They will continue to brag of things own by the UHOP and things Puffy has not the things they have.

Also remember saying NO increases the lining of YOUR pockets. Pick and choose those you give your Money too. If they can’t manage their money, they sure can’t manage yours. It’s OK to say no, it carries the same weight as yes. Its now time for you to enjoy the life God gave to you, you have the right idea. My favorite words are if you helped someone and they have to come back to you for more help you didn’t help them, now its time for you to teach them how to help them selves.

I’ve been to a lot of places, yet God; the people I travel with and I are sometimes the only ones that know. At my age I should not have to explain where my money comes from. I have worked over forty years in my lifetime. I better have some money now.

You are young, find a way to save and do not touch it. If it’s nothing but 5.00 a week put it some where, when ever you can increase it, do not touch it. When you reach my age you will be glad you did. If you can real-estate is a great source of income. You can’t lose; property values always have equity in them.

Remember the three little pig’s nursery rhymes,“I’ll puff and puff and blow your house down” buy brick houses. Make sure you keep your credit up to par. The system we live in today changes the rules every time blacks get ahead. Just a little food for thoughts, and some facts to increase your way of living, it’s never too late to start over. Blacks were never taught the power of money, so when I find out something I share them.

God also gave us knowledge to live with an abundance of things to enjoy; it’s up to us to learn how. Pick my brain I don’t mind, I did very well for my self. I worked two jobs to buy one house and now this one house is paying me with no work. God is good, all the time.

By the way in between reading the Bible, read some Nursery Rhymes again, there is a fable in every one of them. And it applies to today’s every day living. I try to teach life through logic, because I know some one in our group will apply it to bible.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#7033 Oct 18, 2013
Eyes on Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that’s why families are divided in the UHOP.
One way they began to divide families was when they started moving Pastors around. Most of the wives were the bread winners. They could not up and leave their jobs nor place of living. When these Pastors were relocated, they had to depend on members in order to have somewhere to live.

Another, demanding the Pastors travel with the Council the entire Convocation. Some of these Pastors had Girl friends in every state. With the Pastor spending most of his time with his secretary was another way families became divided.

Being away from your spouse long periods of time, cause many conflicts. I heard one Pastors wife say she wasn’t moving anymore. They never took in consideration some of these Pastors had children. They had to disrupt their entire families’ life in order to please these Bishops. Some of these wives wanted Men as husbands. But allowing one Man to take away your manhood was a hard pill to sallow for these women to see.

Many of these wives complaint to these Bishops daily, like you said with no formal resources to help them survive they fell apart. Some of these men use Marriage as an excuse to commit sin. I’ve heard it all. One thing for sure family structure is not a subject taught in the UHOP, when the Bishop finds no fault with the Pastor Divorcing his wife to Marry his Secretary.

I told you that’s when I lost all respect for Madison; he thought it was OK for him to perform the Ceremony of that Pastor in Virginia with the Secretary. What message was Madison trying to portray. Madison was not supposed to marry that couple. Was I the only one seeing something wrong with that picture? I felt for the wife who had been betrayed twice, One by her husband, second by her Bishop.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 26 min June VanDerMark 582,801
News Armenian Genocide: Turkey To Convert Hagia Sofi... 44 min Tarihci Turk 2
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... 16 hr Erkek Turk 19
News Turkish Leaders Invoke Crusades, Inquisition in... 21 hr Chuck 22
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 22 hr dollarsbill 84,037
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) Thu ELIAS IBARRA 51
News Pope calls Armenian slaughter '1st genocide of ... Apr 15 SpaceBlues 3
More from around the web