United House of Prayer for All People...

United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

There are 10635 comments on the www.topix.net story from Apr 7, 2008, titled United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot.... In it, www.topix.net reports that:

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.topix.net.

heart broken

Georgetown, SC

#6974 Oct 10, 2013
Cultastic wrote:
DISCLAIMER: My last post was just a little inside humor to lighten the mood. Life is very short. We need to laugh more.
Oh and BTW I forgot to add that Elder John Doe was out checking the books until 7:30 in the morning and him and Ms. Lady #1 are best friends o_O.
Wait did I just write a play on the site?
My UHOP brothers are going to be mad at me for giving up the secrets LOL.
EVERYBODY RELAX IT'S JUST COMEDY. Woooooooooooooooooosaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh
Yup. That sounds about right though. That whole scenario is on point. Just a big mess. all of em might as well get together for one big orgie. Its just a vicious cycle.

So..what's next Cultastic? What happens next in the play? I say roll with it..lol
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

#6975 Oct 10, 2013
heart broken wrote:
<quoted text>
I have one more thing to say about these band guys. You know what's so sad? Alot of them have awesome talent but will never be able to reap the benefits of using their talent bc they are stuck inside of a box. Ive heard of a good bit ofthem robbing and stealing dropping out of highschool or college. Saying things like..I can't go to class, I got band rehearsal..I can't go to work, I gotta go to service or I have to travel for convocation. Where are their priorities? What about making something of yourself and stop pulling on every skirt you can pull. Stop living off your mother. Stop living off your father. Stopliving off your baby mother. Stop smoking dope.. Again, not all are like that but the ones ive seen Are.
It's truly sad.
You are preaching it!!!!
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

#6976 Oct 10, 2013
Cultastic wrote:
DISCLAIMER: My last post was just a little inside humor to lighten the mood. Life is very short. We need to laugh more.
Oh and BTW I forgot to add that Elder John Doe was out checking the books until 7:30 in the morning and him and Ms. Lady #1 are best friends o_O.
Wait did I just write a play on the site?
My UHOP brothers are going to be mad at me for giving up the secrets LOL.
EVERYBODY RELAX IT'S JUST COMEDY. Woooooooooooooooooosaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh
And the Emmy Award goes to...!!! Cultastic, you got to write the script. Come on. Stop playing! it will be well worth looking at the real "church going" folks, and it's real too. People will open their eyes on that one...for Real! I was laughing my head off! The thing about it is they get ready to go right into baptism! LOL LOL LOL LOL 10x. And then shout dance! For what shall I ask???? Just take a swim and get it over with!! OR have your neighbor spray you down with their water hose. It's just as meaningless. LOL. Okay...I'm trippin! But, Cultastic, that was good and raw...and needs to be scripted for a nice HBO movie. Think about it.
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

#6977 Oct 10, 2013
MSD wrote:
<quoted text>
Bailey needs to read John 11:25-26 25Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live. 26and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. John 14:6 6And Jesus said to him, "I am the way the truth and the life No man comes to the Father except through me.
Jesus is our everything NOT Bailey!!!!!!!!!! Bailey is really playing with FIRE!!!! Blaspheming against the Holy Spirit and there is no forgiveness for that. Mark 3:29 29But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin.
Right!!! Is Bailey free of no spot or wrinkle. Has he ever been with a woman, gosspipped, got angry, and any other human errors contributing to satan's deceit and influence. If so, then he can't be anyone's everything. He's just like anyone else on this earth. It was Jesus who lived without a spot or wrinkle and then died! Ya'll do we really understand this scripture: "He will crush your head, and you will strike him in the heel" Genesis 3:15 It was Jesus. Study that hard...it is ONE of the most important messages of God's word. It provides for an understanding of the layout of God's huge plan. READ GENESIS 3:15, Romans 16:20, and 1 Corinthians 15:28
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

#6978 Oct 10, 2013
know better now wrote:
GOOD MORNING EVERYONE! Woke up this morning to this humor... I been laughing so hard my ribs hurt. You guys cutting up and shonuff telling the truth. Looking back it's hard to believe that I was ever a part of that but I was. Somebody put a bag over my head please/ what in the wull was a sister thinking? Gotta laugh to keep from crying GOD knows I do plenty of that. It's funny but it IS very real to the believers and it is saddddd.......!
Exactly! Laugh to keep from crying!(I had to plenty times.) Laugh because you are the winner over it by acknowledging how wrong it was in the first place. Turn your tears into laughter and rejoice that you are no longer a slave to it. Jesus stated my yoke is easy! And it is! So rejoice that you are following Jesus instructions.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#6979 Oct 10, 2013
The Heart of the New Testament
by Stephen R. Bradd

Throughout the centuries, many preachers have correctly observed that the Old Testament proclaims: "Jesus is coming!", the accounts of the gospel declare: "Jesus is here!", and the remainder of the New Testament teaches: "Jesus is coming again!" That's a wonderful way to summarize the entirety of God's inspired word. It's all about Jesus really!
I'd like to share a related study at this time specifically pertaining to the New Testament books. It should be no surprise that Jesus is mentioned in essentially every New Testament book; after all, He is the heart of the Bible, especially the New Testament. I find it interesting that we can see different aspects of His work and nature in every New Testament book. Please consider the following with an open Bible:
•In Matthew, He is the "King of the Jews" (2:2). He was their true King, even though most rejected Him.
•In Mark, He is a servant of God (10:45). He did not come to be served.
•In Luke, He is "the Son of Man" (9:56).
•In John, He is "the Christ, the Son of God" (20:31). Jesus was both mortal and divine.
•In Acts, He is the ascended Lord (1:9-11). He will return in the same manner as He left.
•In Romans, He is our Redeemer (3:24). His blood is the only thing that can truly cover or atone for sin.
•In I Corinthians, He is the "firstfruit of those who have fallen asleep" (15:20). In other words, He was the first one--of many more to follow--to be raised from the dead never more to die.
•In II Corinthians, He is our sin offering (5:21). He paid the ultimate price on our behalf.
•In Galatians, He is the One who true believers are crucified with and who now lives in them (2:20).
•In Ephesians, He is the source of "every spiritual blessing" (1:3). Those who are unwilling to be added to His glorious kingdom are truly missing out!
•In Philippians, He is the One who strengthens His disciples and makes all things possible (4:13).
•In Colossians, He is the head of the church and the preeminent One (1:18). There is none greater than Him in authority and power.
•In I Thessalonians, He is the One who will return from heaven (4:15-18). All who have died will be raised; not a single soul will be overlooked.
•In II Thessalonians, He is the Judge of the world (1:6-9). Those who do not know God and those who have not obeyed the gospel will suffer His eternal vengeance.
•In I Timothy, He is the "one Mediator" (2:5). He is the perfect Mediator because of His relationship to mankind and deity.
•In II Timothy, He is the One who will give out the crowns of righteousness on that final day (4:8). Paul was looking forward to receiving one, as should all the faithful.
•In Titus, He is our "great God and Savior" (2:13).
•In Philemon, He is the equalizer (V16). All people stand on equal ground at the foot of the cross. In other words, regardless of one's gender, education, ethnicity, social status, financial standing, etc., the gospel is for all!
•In Hebrews, He is the great "High Priest of the good things to come" (9:11). Christ entered into heaven itself to appear before the Father on our behalf in order to put away sin via the sacrifice of Himself (10:24ff).
•In James, He is the One who exalts the humble (4:10). Those who exalt themselves will be rejected by Him.
•In I Peter, He is the One who "suffered for us, leaving us an example" (2:21).
•In II Peter, He is the One who desires "that all should come to repentance" (3:9). The Lord is longsuffering with mankind in order to provide time for souls who are searching for truth to find it and come to repentance.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#6980 Oct 10, 2013
•In I John, He is "the Word of life" (1:1). There is no abundant life without Christ!
•In II John, He is the One rejected by the deceivers and anti-Christs (V7). Even though Jesus was perfect in every way, there were many who hated Him and refused to believe.
•In III John, He is the personification of truth (V1-4). Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life (John 14:6).
•In Jude, He is the One full of mercy (V21). Without the mercy of God, all would certainly perish (cf. I Pet. 5:18).
•In Revelation, He is the victorious Lamb of God (5:6ff).

The sum of these truths provides a wonderful description of just who Jesus was (and is). Let us be reminded of these glorious truths frequently and praise God accordingly!
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#6981 Oct 10, 2013
Hello everyone, here’s something else to think about.

Talking about being all Church Out, we went to Church seven days a week, Monday thru Saturday, service started at 8:00. Sunday all day long starting at 9:00 Sunday School; 1100 Morning Service; 3:00 Service; 5:00 Young People Service; 7:00 General Gospel Service. Someone started 6:00 sunrise service on Sunday, 12:00 noon Service during the week.

In between these services we had Choir Practice, Band Practice, and Auxiliaries Meetings. We worked in the Kitchen selling Dinners every night. We sold Dinners on Saturday mornings to raise extra money. We went from one UHOP Church to another, for Programs, for Young People Convention, for Anniversaries, for Revivals, boy I could go on and on about how much time I spent in Church and I never knew the Bible.

With all of that time I spent in a Church, I should have been able to recite the Bible in it’s entirely. Shouldn’t this tell you something about the Church we were going to? We spent every bit of 365 days in a year in a Church. And we were so far removed from the words of God it’s a shame.

I’m pushing my 70’s real fast and when I look back at my life, I spent more time in Church then I did out of Church. All of that time spent in a Church and I’m just now learning the words of God. A whole life and the only words I can quote are the words of Daddy. This life was given to us by God. It is the grace of God we are able to do these things. Working out our soul salvation, for whom? It truly was not for the Lord.

How could we ever expect to met God and we never took the time to know God. Just some food for thought while you are still running to a so call Church, that doesn’t think teaching you the words of God, should be added into their program. Common Sense
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#6982 Oct 10, 2013
Gee-Tee wrote:
Hello everyone, here’s something else to think about.
Talking about being all Church Out, we went to Church seven days a week, Monday thru Saturday, service started at 8:00. Sunday all day long starting at 9:00 Sunday School; 1100 Morning Service; 3:00 Service; 5:00 Young People Service; 7:00 General Gospel Service. Someone started 6:00 sunrise service on Sunday, 12:00 noon Service during the week.
In between these services we had Choir Practice, Band Practice, and Auxiliaries Meetings. We worked in the Kitchen selling Dinners every night. We sold Dinners on Saturday mornings to raise extra money. We went from one UHOP Church to another, for Programs, for Young People Convention, for Anniversaries, for Revivals, boy I could go on and on about how much time I spent in Church and I never knew the Bible.
With all of that time I spent in a Church, I should have been able to recite the Bible in it’s entirely. Shouldn’t this tell you something about the Church we were going to? We spent every bit of 365 days in a year in a Church. And we were so far removed from the words of God it’s a shame.
I’m pushing my 70’s real fast and when I look back at my life, I spent more time in Church then I did out of Church. All of that time spent in a Church and I’m just now learning the words of God. A whole life and the only words I can quote are the words of Daddy. This life was given to us by God. It is the grace of God we are able to do these things. Working out our soul salvation, for whom? It truly was not for the Lord.
How could we ever expect to met God and we never took the time to know God. Just some food for thought while you are still running to a so call Church, that doesn’t think teaching you the words of God, should be added into their program. Common Sense
You are so right Gee-Tee! Thanks be to God that you saw the error and sought to get out! It's not how you start the race that counts with God it's how you end it! Love you!
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#6983 Oct 10, 2013
MSD wrote:
by Stephen R. Bradd
It’s time to sit down with my Bible and explore these Chapters, Thanks again.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#6984 Oct 10, 2013
Gee-Tee wrote:
<quoted text>
It’s time to sit down with my Bible and explore these Chapters, Thanks again.
You are so welcome my friend!
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#6985 Oct 10, 2013
Cultastic wrote:
Thanks, you are so right we do need to keep some humor in our post.

The reason we had so much time to sin is because we never came away from the UHOP with a true meaning of the words of God. If they would have taught scriptures from the Bible, we would have left Church going home and re-reading what we just learned to get a better understanding of how God wanted us to live. Instead our minds were open to sin. I was in that number, looking for trouble too.

I told you I didn’t start to correct my way of living until I left the UHOP. It’s a shame to tell someone the amount of time I spent in a Church, yet my example of living said it all. My Bishops had girl friends, my Pastors had girl friend, and everyone that was supposed to set an example for me was doing more wrong things then me. I was just trying to keep up. Picture that

Wake up people paying Money, Shouting, going to Church everyday is not Gods plan. It’s the plan of a Man. You owe yourself more credit then this.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#6986 Oct 10, 2013
Let’s revisit the types of music the UHOP Band plays. Department stores play music, in that music are subliminal messages incorporated to keep people from stealing. The object was to keep your mind on good music and your thoughts would remain good. These stores are selected in the kinds of music they choose to play.

Some of the UHOP bands play seductive music. You’ve notice how sexy some women shout. Well in that music their minds are experiencing unholy thoughts. That’s why it’s so easy for them to sin after they leave Church. You get them all work up and now they are on the prowl. Remember that saying “All music came from Heaven, but the Devil stole it”; well here is where that statement is applied.

When I view some of these so Call Gospel Singers, I wonder whose Gospel they are really following. In praising the Lord should we be wearing skin tight jeans, low cut dresses that reveal our breast? Should we be dancing, jumping up and down like a fool? Does it really take all of that to praise God?

Some one said we have to bring the people of the world into the Church. I asked did we have to come down to their level to do so. If it walks like a duck, quack like a duck, it’s a duck. Stop allowing things you know are wrong continue to exist.

Remember I told you UHOP have members who have never taken music lessons, but can pick up a horn, play a piano, beat a drum, and sing like a bird, but can’t write a song. Most UHOP members don’t read the Bible, Gospel Song comes from the Bible. How can you write a song, if you don’t know the Bible? The Bible said Jesus is Love, not Puffy. From front to back nowhere in the Bible can you find a scripture that say Daddy is Love?

Just Thinking
LA for Christ

Grovetown, GA

#6987 Oct 11, 2013
Hi heart broken when i truly got saved it was n 1980 I was lead down the Romans Road path and i believed & received & was baptized right after my confession so i do believe that u don't have to do anything to b saved but believe, repent, ask & receive i'm so happy & i'm still with Jesus Praise God
LA for Christ

Grovetown, GA

#6988 Oct 11, 2013
Gee-Tee u r sooooo right the music is a turn on after service was out i had my man he would slip his room key to me & we plated all nite long the next day i would get me a big shout i had to share this cause i had to let u know that it's so true about that music the Lord had mercy on me He didn't let me die n my sins THANK U JESUS
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

#6989 Oct 11, 2013
heart broken wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh yes. The infamous band idiots..I mean boys.lol. not all are bad but Id say a good bit are just trying to be seen. Their playing 10 percent sincere 90 percent show. ive had a band dude tell me once.. I love the way you shout. Seriously dude, do you know how sick you sound? You can't be serious..please take several seats. Just stop it! I'm happy I never bought into the hype with the bands. I love music but I always felt like an outsider in the uhop. Never had many friends. Hardly trusted noone. Ive seen so many ppl get burned by other members..so called Christians. Yea..ok. Glad I married "outside" the faith.
Agree...so true!!!
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

#6990 Oct 11, 2013
Gee-Tee wrote:
Let’s revisit the types of music the UHOP Band plays. Department stores play music, in that music are subliminal messages incorporated to keep people from stealing. The object was to keep your mind on good music and your thoughts would remain good. These stores are selected in the kinds of music they choose to play.
Some of the UHOP bands play seductive music. You’ve notice how sexy some women shout. Well in that music their minds are experiencing unholy thoughts. That’s why it’s so easy for them to sin after they leave Church. You get them all work up and now they are on the prowl. Remember that saying “All music came from Heaven, but the Devil stole it”; well here is where that statement is applied.
When I view some of these so Call Gospel Singers, I wonder whose Gospel they are really following. In praising the Lord should we be wearing skin tight jeans, low cut dresses that reveal our breast? Should we be dancing, jumping up and down like a fool? Does it really take all of that to praise God?
Some one said we have to bring the people of the world into the Church. I asked did we have to come down to their level to do so. If it walks like a duck, quack like a duck, it’s a duck. Stop allowing things you know are wrong continue to exist.
Remember I told you UHOP have members who have never taken music lessons, but can pick up a horn, play a piano, beat a drum, and sing like a bird, but can’t write a song. Most UHOP members don’t read the Bible, Gospel Song comes from the Bible. How can you write a song, if you don’t know the Bible? The Bible said Jesus is Love, not Puffy. From front to back nowhere in the Bible can you find a scripture that say Daddy is Love?
Just Thinking
Wow...Gee-Tee! You should publish this as an article. How right you are. MSD video on music gives good information on sticking to the truth to eliminate the vain worship which was found in the last video posted. No, it doesn't take all that! As a matter of fact, it is not even desired by God. Isn't that odd? People spend so much time rehearsing for hours to sing, watching and admiring people like Yolanda Adams (she has great talent/skills and a great entertainer) who is not the example of a true Christian but we categorize her as an inspiration to people. Worship is being done so incorrectly by millions of people and, unfortunately, the black church is one of the worst. Many are about entertaining, mesmerizing, getting people to jump jump…..and on the flip.. most of them will tip toe away from a Bible conversation. So….they really do not want anything to do with God (Our Creator) whether they agree or not. If one is not interested in God, don’t care to take time to read His word, run from people who bring up conversations about Him or the Bible….then face it…your not interested in HIM.(PERIOD)
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

#6991 Oct 11, 2013
MSD wrote:
by Stephen R. Bradd
Throughout the centuries, many preachers have correctly observed that the Old Testament proclaims: "Jesus is coming!", the accounts of the gospel declare: "Jesus is here!", and the remainder of the New Testament teaches: "Jesus is coming again!" That's a wonderful way to summarize the entirety of God's inspired word. It's all about Jesus really!
I'd like to share a related study at this time specifically pertaining to the New Testament books. It should be no surprise that Jesus is mentioned in essentially every New Testament book; after all, He is the heart of the Bible, especially the New Testament. I find it interesting that we can see different aspects of His work and nature in every New Testament book. Please consider the following with an open Bible:
•In Matthew, He is the "King of the Jews" (2:2). He was their true King, even though most rejected Him.
•In Mark, He is a servant of God (10:45). He did not come to be served.
•In Luke, He is "the Son of Man" (9:56).
•In John, He is "the Christ, the Son of God" (20:31). Jesus was both mortal and divine.
•In Acts, He is the ascended Lord (1:9-11). He will return in the same manner as He left.
•In Romans, He is our Redeemer (3:24). His blood is the only thing that can truly cover or atone for sin.
•In I Corinthians, He is the "firstfruit of those who have fallen asleep" (15:20). In other words, He was the first one--of many more to follow--to be raised from the dead never more to die.
•In II Corinthians, He is our sin offering (5:21). He paid the ultimate price on our behalf.
•In Galatians, He is the One who true believers are crucified with and who now lives in them (2:20).
•In Ephesians, He is the source of "every spiritual blessing" (1:3). Those who are unwilling to be added to His glorious kingdom are truly missing out!
•In Philippians, He is the One who strengthens His disciples and makes all things possible (4:13).
•In Colossians, He is the head of the church and the preeminent One (1:18). There is none greater than Him in authority and power.
•In I Thessalonians, He is the One who will return from heaven (4:15-18). All who have died will be raised; not a single soul will be overlooked.
•In II Thessalonians, He is the Judge of the world (1:6-9). Those who do not know God and those who have not obeyed the gospel will suffer His eternal vengeance.
•In I Timothy, He is the "one Mediator" (2:5). He is the perfect Mediator because of His relationship to mankind and deity.
•In II Timothy, He is the One who will give out the crowns of righteousness on that final day (4:8). Paul was looking forward to receiving one, as should all the faithful.
•In Titus, He is our "great God and Savior" (2:13).
•In Philemon, He is the equalizer (V16). All people stand on equal ground at the foot of the cross. In other words, regardless of one's gender, education, ethnicity, social status, financial standing, etc., the gospel is for all!
•In Hebrews, He is the great "High Priest of the good things to come" (9:11). Christ entered into heaven itself to appear before the Father on our behalf in order to put away sin via the sacrifice of Himself (10:24ff).
•In James, He is the One who exalts the humble (4:10). Those who exalt themselves will be rejected by Him.
•In I Peter, He is the One who "suffered for us, leaving us an example" (2:21).
•In II Peter, He is the One who desires "that all should come to repentance" (3:9). The Lord is longsuffering with mankind in order to provide time for souls who are searching for truth to find it and come to repentance.
@MSD...You putting us to Work! But love it!
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#6992 Oct 11, 2013
LA for Christ wrote:
Gee-Tee u r sooooo right the music is a turn on after service was out i had my man he would slip his room key to me & we plated all nite long the next day i would get me a big shout i had to share this cause i had to let u know that it's so true about that music the Lord had mercy on me He didn't let me die n my sins THANK U JESUS
Isn’t it funny how we all knew we were committing sins, yet we never tried to correct the eras of our ways until we left or viewed the UHOP in a different light. That say a lot for a Church that teaches they are the one and only true Church.

In teaching that lie, can’t they at least teach their members how to live right? Then again if the lie is not corrected, neither will the people.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#6993 Oct 11, 2013
I speak a lot about living Holy, doing the right thing. To the young people especially that are reading my post, remember you are young. I’ve enjoyed my life be it good or bad, more good now because of my age. However, I say these things so that when you get my age these words will always be in the back of your mind.

You are young and I want you all to enjoy the life God gave to you. If you keep the voice of what’s wrong and what’s right in your head, you will not go too far into the world. Life is what you make it, enjoy it. Don’t get too consumed on what other people want you to do. Keep the word Respect in everything you do. No matter how old you get, you should never lose respect for your elders. If you don’t like what they say, it’s better to just walk away. And I don’t mean the Elders in the UHOP.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 hr guest 687,265
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep 19 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep 11 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug '17 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul '17 Anti- 2
More from around the web