United House of Prayer for All People...

United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

There are 10159 comments on the www.topix.net story from Apr 7, 2008, titled United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot.... In it, www.topix.net reports that:

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.topix.net.

Cultastic

Charlotte, NC

#6953 Oct 9, 2013
Eyes on Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of them already are....but in slow motion. Lol Ive heard people talk about how they are going to shout...some practice their shouts so to have their look be a certain way. Some if you may remember......That "smooth shout" started in Madison day because in McCollough day.. they shouted themselves into whiplash. The average sister jerked her head back in a shout during McCollogh day. lol the played faster. Madison day slowwd it down a bit like they were in a night club.
These last few posts have me cracking up. I was that smooooooooth shouting dude LOL. I didn't want to look crazy so I was very careful to make sure my two step was cool jack. I'm a pretty good dancer too BTW wouldn't you agree @MSD, but I digress. I was sincere but I was very aware that people were watching me. I've been in those 4:30 in the morning after McCollough service discussions eating some wings and ribs talking about how hard Brother so and so was shouting busting his head on the wall and laughing. I was not going to be that guy.

This is what I want to say (click on the link below) to some of my dear friends and loved ones who fuss at me and defend the UHOP and Brother Bishop.

&li st=FL5rxxd3YsY2odKmn2vLCC4w &index=45
Cultastic

Charlotte, NC

#6954 Oct 9, 2013
Gooooooood Morning....

The brother in the blue shirt has some of my church shouting moves. Check the foot work. Just a little humor for my sisters and brothers this morning. Be blessed.

Cultastic

Charlotte, NC

#6955 Oct 9, 2013
I would love for my UHOP sisters and brothers to take a look around this website below.

http://www.sacredstrings.com/MotherTate.html

Take a look at the church's history. The point is to show you that when we were taught all of this "Daddy Grace did it first in America" propaganda we have to understand that it's simply not true. These people have been shouting/dancing in their worship like this before Grace even got the UHOP off the ground. For my fellow musicians listen to the lead voice on the steel guitar and compare it to the leader of the band. Most if not everything that was incorporated in Brother Grace's theology was borrowed from another church.

MSD

Charlotte, NC

#6956 Oct 9, 2013
heart broken wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Bro. Cultastic. I appreciate your kind words of encouragement. I read Alot more than what I used to..it all started when I was sitting in service one-day and the preacher mis quoted a scripture...then the very next Sunday misquoted another scripture..I remember saying to myself...now I know I'm not trippin..the crap he is saying is all wrong..so I began to bring my bible to service all the time. I called a family member of mine who is a uhop pastor and began to tell him my findings. He agreed that he misquoted the scriptures and that I was not losing my mind. but Then.the more I began to bring my.bible to service...the more I felt my mind began to change..I had more questions..got no answers..if I got an answer..it was vague. My mom tells me that I shouldnt be so outspoken..not to speak on it and pray that God shows me the truth.. so I did..and so I went back to my mom and said to her..well I prayed like you said..meditated but the more I read..the more I see that the uhop is "out of order" . For example with selling tickets and our raffle drawings... that's gambling.. I mean..look it up for crying out loud. Read the definition.of gambling and tell me we aren't gambling.
Then we began to converse about charity. I told her that its not a good thing to have to go down the street to another church from the church we attend to get food when you don't have any food to eat. Or if you don't have all the.money for the light bill..ya gotta go the the catholics. Its not right! But you know what..THERE IS A GOD.
Good morning Heart Broken!

Just to piggy back off of what you said about selling raffle tickets, etc. in the HOP; look at what Jesus did to those who did the same thing in Matt 21:12-13 12And Jesus entered the temple and drove out all who sold and bought in the temple, and he overturned the tables of the money-changers and the seats of those who sold pigeons. 13He said to them, "It is written, My house shall be called a house of prayer," but you make it a den of robbers."

Now when he said a house of prayer he was NOT referring to the United House of Prayer For All People! It was describing its purpose. In the HOP they are STILL making the Lord's house look like a den of robbers because they are stealing from the people mentally and physically. But then again God doesn't recognize that place. He's not in there.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#6957 Oct 9, 2013
Cultastic wrote:
I would love for my UHOP sisters and brothers to take a look around this website below.
http://www.sacredstrings.com/MotherTate.html
Take a look at the church's history. The point is to show you that when we were taught all of this "Daddy Grace did it first in America" propaganda we have to understand that it's simply not true. These people have been shouting/dancing in their worship like this before Grace even got the UHOP off the ground. For my fellow musicians listen to the lead voice on the steel guitar and compare it to the leader of the band. Most if not everything that was incorporated in Brother Grace's theology was borrowed from another church.
They even carried the same name concept "Mother Tate" Daddy Grace. Man ain't NOTHING original about the HOP! By the way Bro. Cultastic was Mother Tate any relation?? LOL!
Cultastic

Charlotte, NC

#6958 Oct 9, 2013
MSD wrote:
<quoted text>
They even carried the same name concept "Mother Tate" Daddy Grace. Man ain't NOTHING original about the HOP! By the way Bro. Cultastic was Mother Tate any relation?? LOL!
LOL I don't know but the members of her church can sure put on a good juke joint dance, I mean shout....
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#6959 Oct 9, 2013
heart broken wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Bro. Cultastic. I appreciate your kind words of encouragement. I read Alot more than what I used to..it all started when I was sitting in service one-day and the preacher mis quoted a scripture...then the very next Sunday misquoted another scripture..I remember saying to myself...now I know I'm not trippin..the crap he is saying is all wrong..so I began to bring my bible to service all the time. I called a family member of mine who is a uhop pastor and began to tell him my findings. He agreed that he misquoted the scriptures and that I was not losing my mind. but Then.the more I began to bring my.bible to service...the more I felt my mind began to change..I had more questions..got no answers..if I got an answer..it was vague. My mom tells me that I shouldnt be so outspoken..not to speak on it and pray that God shows me the truth.. so I did..and so I went back to my mom and said to her..well I prayed like you said..meditated but the more I read..the more I see that the uhop is "out of order" . For example with selling tickets and our raffle drawings... that's gambling.. I mean..look it up for crying out loud. Read the definition.of gambling and tell me we aren't gambling.
Then we began to converse about charity. I told her that its not a good thing to have to go down the street to another church from the church we attend to get food when you don't have any food to eat. Or if you don't have all the.money for the light bill..ya gotta go the the catholics. Its not right! But you know what..THERE IS A GOD.
Chile those play, play preachers in the HOP fired up a whole lot of scriptures! LOL Madison used to quote that Isaiah 56:7 so much that I thought that was the only scripture he knew! LOL
That is sad that your mom didn't want you to be outspoken, and the thing about it is you were being outspoken for a good purpose...for the Lord! I pray that your mom wakes up and follows your beat!
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#6961 Oct 9, 2013
Rewned Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you can get ready for yet another whole generation to be misguided because my friend, who was in Charlotte Sunday told me the during the bishop's serman he told the members that, I am your everything.
Bailey needs to read John 11:25-26 25Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live. 26and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. John 14:6 6And Jesus said to him, "I am the way the truth and the life No man comes to the Father except through me.

Jesus is our everything NOT Bailey!!!!!!!!!! Bailey is really playing with FIRE!!!! Blaspheming against the Holy Spirit and there is no forgiveness for that. Mark 3:29 29But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#6962 Oct 9, 2013
@EYES ON CHRIST here's another video on "Worship"

&fe ature=share&list=PL42E94DE 4065FD3BC
heart broken

Chesterfield, SC

#6963 Oct 9, 2013
MSD wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Heart Broken!
Just to piggy back off of what you said about selling raffle tickets, etc. in the HOP; look at what Jesus did to those who did the same thing in Matt 21:12-13 12And Jesus entered the temple and drove out all who sold and bought in the temple, and he overturned the tables of the money-changers and the seats of those who sold pigeons. 13He said to them, "It is written, My house shall be called a house of prayer," but you make it a den of robbers."
Now when he said a house of prayer he was NOT referring to the United House of Prayer For All People! It was describing its purpose. In the HOP they are STILL making the Lord's house look like a den of robbers because they are stealing from the people mentally and physically. But then again God doesn't recognize that place. He's not in there.
GOOD Afternoon hun! You are absolutely right! A den of robbers and thieves.
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

#6964 Oct 9, 2013
Cultastic wrote:
<quoted text>
These last few posts have me cracking up. I was that smooooooooth shouting dude LOL. I didn't want to look crazy so I was very careful to make sure my two step was cool jack. I'm a pretty good dancer too BTW wouldn't you agree @MSD, but I digress. I was sincere but I was very aware that people were watching me. I've been in those 4:30 in the morning after McCollough service discussions eating some wings and ribs talking about how hard Brother so and so was shouting busting his head on the wall and laughing. I was not going to be that guy.
This is what I want to say (click on the link below) to some of my dear friends and loved ones who fuss at me and defend the UHOP and Brother Bishop.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =M5QGkOGZubQXX&list=FL5rxx d3YsY2odKmn2vLCC4w&index=4 5
I look forward to checking this video out. oh yeah...Cultastic, I'm glad you watched your two step because some of the brothers started to jerk their heads back too in their shouts. Now you know that wasn't right!!!!!
Cultastic

Charlotte, NC

#6965 Oct 9, 2013
Eyes on Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I look forward to checking this video out. oh yeah...Cultastic, I'm glad you watched your two step because some of the brothers started to jerk their heads back too in their shouts. Now you know that wasn't right!!!!!
No ma'am absolutely no head bucking back for me LOL. Most brothers would never admit what I'm about to say but it's true. I can promise that many of us noticed the eroticism in the music. It seduced the ladies and we took full advantage of it. Before any angry UHOP soldiers come for me notice I said WE. I'm definitely guilty. There is definitely a culture of rock star band boy and band female groupies in the UHOP. Some of us would go as far as instructing our women not to shout when bands other than our own were playing. Being on rival bands was almost like a holy testosterone match competing for all of the available beautiful sisters. It all seemed so harmless at the time until we face the generational emotional damages we inflicted on our sisters and children.

DISCLAIMER: I didn't say ALL band guys. I said SOME
Eyes on Christ

United States

#6966 Oct 9, 2013
Cultastic wrote:
<quoted text>
No ma'am absolutely no head bucking back for me LOL. Most brothers would never admit what I'm about to say but it's true. I can promise that many of us noticed the eroticism in the music. It seduced the ladies and we took full advantage of it. Before any angry UHOP soldiers come for me notice I said WE. I'm definitely guilty. There is definitely a culture of rock star band boy and band female groupies in the UHOP. Some of us would go as far as instructing our women not to shout when bands other than our own were playing. Being on rival bands was almost like a holy testosterone match competing for all of the available beautiful sisters. It all seemed so harmless at the time until we face the generational emotional damages we inflicted on our sisters and children.
DISCLAIMER: I didn't say ALL band guys. I said SOME
Ah...yes...you really opened the can on that one. LMHO!!!!. I'm familiar and with alot more. And the sisters really knew how to make the band boys jealous.....watching ya'll try to roll on one another and end up standing, screaming for the opposite band. That killed a band brother. Lol Some sisters knew how to stir up mess. Its all a game....no worship. Just a game....battle and competition comes from many directions in the HOP.
Eyes on Christ

United States

#6967 Oct 9, 2013
Cultastic wrote:
Gooooooood Morning....
The brother in the blue shirt has some of my church shouting moves. Check the foot work. Just a little humor for my sisters and brothers this morning. Be blessed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =5Fdqy9MZZbMXX
Nice. Shocking...very similiar to that HOP swag.
heart broken

Georgetown, SC

#6968 Oct 9, 2013
Eyes on Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah...yes...you really opened the can on that one. LMHO!!!!. I'm familiar and with alot more. And the sisters really knew how to make the band boys jealous.....watching ya'll try to roll on one another and end up standing, screaming for the opposite band. That killed a band brother. Lol Some sisters knew how to stir up mess. Its all a game....no worship. Just a game....battle and competition comes from many directions in the HOP.
Ahh yes. The infamous band idiots..I mean boys.lol. not all are bad but Id say a good bit are just trying to be seen. Their playing 10 percent sincere 90 percent show. ive had a band dude tell me once.. I love the way you shout. Seriously dude, do you know how sick you sound? You can't be serious..please take several seats. Just stop it! I'm happy I never bought into the hype with the bands. I love music but I always felt like an outsider in the uhop. Never had many friends. Hardly trusted noone. Ive seen so many ppl get burned by other members..so called Christians. Yea..ok. Glad I married "outside" the faith.
heart broken

Georgetown, SC

#6969 Oct 9, 2013
Eyes on Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I have one more thing to say about these band guys. You know what's so sad? Alot of them have awesome talent but will never be able to reap the benefits of using their talent bc they are stuck inside of a box. Ive heard of a good bit ofthem robbing and stealing dropping out of highschool or college. Saying things like..I can't go to class, I got band rehearsal..I can't go to work, I gotta go to service or I have to travel for convocation. Where are their priorities? What about making something of yourself and stop pulling on every skirt you can pull. Stop living off your mother. Stop living off your father. Stopliving off your baby mother. Stop smoking dope.. Again, not all are like that but the ones ive seen Are.

It's truly sad.
Cultastic

Charlotte, NC

#6970 Oct 10, 2013
Eyes on Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL I'd be in the hotel room on a church trip with ONE (side eye) of my ladies by the name of Ms. Lady #1 arguing after service. It would go a little something like this for me.

Me: Why were you screaming when they were playing but you were sitting down when my band was playing?

Her:*neck rolling, eye rolling. I know you're not talking. Why was Sister So and So from Baton Rouge that's married to Elder John Doe the assistant to the assistant youth Pastor of Buttstink Mission #2 shouting and screaming every time you played your horn?

Me: Who? I don't even know her. Clearly I didn't see her with that tight dress on galloping every time we played. o_O

Her: Ohhhhh you seen her with the boobs and butt, snotting and crying like her mind was bad.

Me: You know what you're tripping and getting on my nerves. I'll be right back. I'm going out to get some air for a few minutes.*Storms out the room and immediately calls Sister So and So and heads to her hotel room while her husband is still at the church checking records o_O (so he says).

*Comes back to Ms. Lady #1 hotel room at like 8:47 in the morning to wash up and get ready for "baptism". I come in with a fake nasty attitude and give a bogus excuse about staying out all night because I couldn't put up with her accusing me of being a band slut without proof o_O. Therefore avoiding the explanation about where I've been because I don't want to be late and get a fine for not being on the bandstand at the set time. Everything is all good now. Ms. Lady #1 feels guilty and pleads for my attention and Sister So and So goes back to her home state feeling vindicated because her husband was ignoring her while he was always out "checking" the church books o_O.
Cultastic

Charlotte, NC

#6971 Oct 10, 2013
DISCLAIMER: My last post was just a little inside humor to lighten the mood. Life is very short. We need to laugh more.

Oh and BTW I forgot to add that Elder John Doe was out checking the books until 7:30 in the morning and him and Ms. Lady #1 are best friends o_O.

Wait did I just write a play on the site?

My UHOP brothers are going to be mad at me for giving up the secrets LOL.

EVERYBODY RELAX IT'S JUST COMEDY. Woooooooooooooooooosaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh
know better now

United States

#6972 Oct 10, 2013
GOOD MORNING EVERYONE! Woke up this morning to this humor... I been laughing so hard my ribs hurt. You guys cutting up and shonuff telling the truth. Looking back it's hard to believe that I was ever a part of that but I was. Somebody put a bag over my head please/ what in the wull was a sister thinking? Gotta laugh to keep from crying GOD knows I do plenty of that. It's funny but it IS very real to the believers and it is saddddd.......!
Helped by this Column

Charlotte, NC

#6973 Oct 10, 2013
Cultastic wrote:
DISCLAIMER: My last post was just a little inside humor to lighten the mood. Life is very short. We need to laugh more.
Oh and BTW I forgot to add that Elder John Doe was out checking the books until 7:30 in the morning and him and Ms. Lady #1 are best friends o_O.
Wait did I just write a play on the site?
My UHOP brothers are going to be mad at me for giving up the secrets LOL.
EVERYBODY RELAX IT'S JUST COMEDY. Woooooooooooooooooosaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh
Don't be surprised if R. Kelly doesn't use this scene to add on to his "Trapped in the Closet Series." lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min confrinting with ... 646,348
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Jun 1 Michael 7
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May 27 Gods r Delusions ... 4
News Pope Francis eases way for divorced Catholics w... May 27 truth 54
News Pope Francis meets top Sunni cleric May '16 Bullet Proof Pope 1
More from around the web