United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ... Full Story
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#6933 Oct 8, 2013
Here's a video on "Baptism"

&fe ature=share&list=PL849BE2C 0941A9A1E
Helped By This Column

Charlotte, NC

#6934 Oct 8, 2013
Egyptology wrote:
<quoted text>
nothing happen to my understanding. oh and i guess it is ok to play the lottery as well, because nothing was said about that and he is still the pastor at #2
I did hear that Baptist paid the $2,000 for about 16 of his relatives and the bishop said "is that all; I thought you'd do more." (This supposedly happened during service over the microphone.) Strictly hearsay though.
Egyptology

Concord, CA

#6935 Oct 8, 2013
oh wow smh
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#6936 Oct 8, 2013
Remember when I told you how Grace loved going to New Orleans, that he incorporated the music from Bourbon Street into the UHOP bands. I use to laugh at the members response to the Thunderbirds da-da-da sounds. They would go wild and be shouting all over the place.

Most of the music that is played by their bands, if you really paid attention to, came from groups like the Savannah Brass Band, Kool and the Gang and many more. This was dance music, not music we should have been shouting to. But music is the one thing that cans soothe the roar of a savage beast. It can mesmerize your mind. Look how some songs play a big part in love making. Many children have been conceived with the right song playing.

We can now see all the wrong things that were done in the UHOP because we stepped outside of that box and really took a good look inside.

I was jumping too, only when I started to listen to all type of music is when I realize the music they were playing was not gospel music and was not suppose to be played in a Church. Now you know why I call the UHOP a Night Club without a liquor license.
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

#6937 Oct 8, 2013
Gee-Tee wrote:
<quoted text>
Help him; you two are helping a lot of us. Before I turn on to this page I get my Bible ready. The thingís you all have inspired me to do in the name of Jesus has truly enhanced my way of living. I read my Bible with very little understanding. By not wanting to get involve with people whom I felt would try to control the way I thought like in the UHOP, I read in silence.
You two are truly giving me a new look at understanding what I read. I always said discussions with an open mind can change you life. Thank you for todayís lesson canít wait for the next.
Its something about spiritual food, you can never get enough.
LOL. Love it!! That's right, Gee-Tee. Let's get our Bibles and get to sharing Gods good words!!! You may feel one way about your bible comprehension now, but as long as we stick to the word together....you will see a great improvement before you know it. God's word is sweet, on point, doesn't miss a beat, everything just comes together so perfectly. It's amazing how some people refer to other books and different secular pastors for advice to check the bible. We should be using the bible to check them!!!!! Furthermore, the world has paid people to discover what was already discovered years ago...found in the bible. The world pays scientist and so forth for doing exactly what the bible stated. When I was a little girl in school, I was taught that Christopher Columbus discovered that the earth was round. We made such a big deal about Mr. Christopher Columbus...placing him all up in our history books when really it should've been Moses. Read Isaiah 40:22 and pay close attention to the wording. Try Ezekiel 1:22-26. Yet we search other places for answers when God gives us everything we need in His unchanging word. The scriptures is simply amazing.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#6938 Oct 8, 2013
Helped By This Column wrote:
<quoted text>I did hear that Baptist paid the $2,000 for about 16 of his relatives and the bishop said "is that all; I thought you'd do more." (This supposedly happened during service over the microphone.) Strictly hearsay though.
Say it aint so; please tell me this man is not giving away his blessing. Heís going to be broke tomorrow. He should just throw that money into the street since he doesnít know how to use it. Then again maybe heís going to use that donation as a tax write off.

I told you all not to work for money but to learn how to let your money work for you. Please take some time in between learning the gospel and learn how to live. They go hand in hand. God do not want us to remain ignorant all our lives.

Again I will say, if the UHOP was giving something back to the people they are robbing, I would empty my Bank account just for them. But you are throwing good money after bad by continuing to give to a worthless cause. Stop it, enough is enough.
heart broken

West Columbia, SC

#6939 Oct 8, 2013
Gee-Tee wrote:
Remember when I told you how Grace loved going to New Orleans, that he incorporated the music from Bourbon Street into the UHOP bands. I use to laugh at the members response to the Thunderbirds da-da-da sounds. They would go wild and be shouting all over the place.
Most of the music that is played by their bands, if you really paid attention to, came from groups like the Savannah Brass Band, Kool and the Gang and many more. This was dance music, not music we should have been shouting to. But music is the one thing that cans soothe the roar of a savage beast. It can mesmerize your mind. Look how some songs play a big part in love making. Many children have been conceived with the right song playing.
We can now see all the wrong things that were done in the UHOP because we stepped outside of that box and really took a good look inside.
I was jumping too, only when I started to listen to all type of music is when I realize the music they were playing was not gospel music and was not suppose to be played in a Church. Now you know why I call the UHOP a Night Club without a liquor license.
I know one thing for sure, that rockin chair song, they need to dead that one. I knew it sounded a bit too jazzy for gospel music. I know one of the band boys tried to tell the counsel that it was a blues song...and the councilman swore up and down it wasn't. Smh.
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

#6940 Oct 8, 2013
MSD wrote:
<quoted text>
I just had another thought to add the clouds of heaven from the mo. house here in Charlotte would always play this one song that everyone would run to the floor and shout on.. "Rocking Chair" I couldn't believe it! That song was no where near gospel music to praise God with I found out that it was a James Brown song. See how tricky Satan is that is why we need to pay attention to what is going on around us and what is authorized by God. The brass band are man-made not God made and they don't belong is God's church! They are just a distraction! There were times when I was still in there when I got tired of hearing the bands play. It turned out where sometimes we wouldn't hear a sermon, and it was a battle of the bands service...SMH!
Yeah! The bands are a distraction and a lie....a deterrent in the UHOP. Remove the bands, and watch how many people will remove themselves. Why? Because they have nothing else to hold on toÖGodís spirit is not there. This is what the band does to the members:

1. Traps them
2. Makes them overlook inspirational singing just to listen to the band
3. Makes some members touch themselves while shouting. Women hold their hips or place their hands on their thighs in what they call the holy dance; a shout.
4. The faster the beat, the intense the shout dance becomes.
5. Some people cry to it, then purge saliva from their mouths as a sign of God moving??? S/N: Guess what! It ainít God!
6. It cut out preaching.
7. It cuts out learning about God
8. It cuts out reading the Bible
9. It cuts out learning how to treat one another right
10. It encourages competition amongst bands and auxiliaries
(Luke 18:10-14 provides an example of how God doesnít like the competitive nature of human beings, the Pharasee and the Tax collector)

The list goes on of how much the band is used to trick people to think their doing right. These young men have no idea of what they are being used to do. Yes, the band was one of my weaknesses as well, but not anymore!!!
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

#6941 Oct 8, 2013
MSD wrote:
Here's another video about the "House of God"
I'm on a roll y'all! LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =0YMevHEX_3IXX&feature=sha re&list=PL849BE2C0941A9A1E
LOL! Yes you are!! And...I ain't mad at you!
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#6942 Oct 8, 2013
MSD wrote:
<quoted text>
God Bless You Gee-Tee! I admire your strength to carry on after all you've been through! You inspire me to keep going on in Jesus' name! I love you all and I thank God for this blog! I have meet some wonderful and interesting people here!
I love you too, canít wait till we all one day meet up together soon. Always remember, what doesnít kill you make you stronger. I have been blessed to always have good people like you all in my life. I did not get this far alone. God bless
heart broken

West Columbia, SC

#6943 Oct 8, 2013
#3 on your list has me r.o.f. I can attest to seeing many women....and men touching on themselves while shouting. It was this one lady that used to make noises and she would say . Oh daddy..yes daddy. It made me feel so uncomfortable. That is not of God! That's just plain out nasty!!
Helped by this Column

Charlotte, NC

#6944 Oct 8, 2013
heart broken wrote:
#3 on your list has me r.o.f. I can attest to seeing many women....and men touching on themselves while shouting. It was this one lady that used to make noises and she would say . Oh daddy..yes daddy. It made me feel so uncomfortable. That is not of God! That's just plain out nasty!!
At NC, some of them dance so sexually explicit, I can't even believe it. I'm for somebody to get up there and start twerking! lol
Helped by this Column

Charlotte, NC

#6945 Oct 8, 2013
I meant, I'm WAITING for someone to get up there and start twerking!
Eyes on Christ

United States

#6946 Oct 8, 2013
heart broken wrote:
It is a disgrace. I also witnessed a woman rolling on the floor in a very seductive manner. It makes you feel very uncomfortable and children watches as well. But as you know..this behavior is not of God.
MSD

United States

#6947 Oct 8, 2013
Helped by this Column wrote:
<quoted text>At NC, some of them dance so sexually explicit, I can't even believe it. I'm for somebody to get up there and start twerking! lol
LOL! You are righ!t
Eyes on Christ

United States

#6948 Oct 8, 2013
Helped by this Column wrote:
<quoted text>At NC, some of them dance so sexually explicit, I can't even believe it. I'm for somebody to get up there and start twerking! lol
Some of them already are....but in slow motion. Lol Ive heard people talk about how they are going to shout...some practice their shouts so to have their look be a certain way. Some if you may remember......That "smooth shout" started in Madison day because in McCollough day.. they shouted themselves into whiplash. The average sister jerked her head back in a shout during McCollogh day. lol the played faster. Madison day slowwd it down a bit like they were in a night club.
heart broken

Columbia, SC

#6949 Oct 8, 2013
Cultastic wrote:
<quoted text>
Every day above ground is a good day. I'm of the belief that the Creator is merciful. You want to know better, therefore I am confident that you can do and be better. Don't be so hard on yourself. The truth is not as difficult to accept as you think. I have a great appreciation for your statement about studying. We can NEVER learn too much. Ignorance feeds the ego of any/every religious oppressor. GOD created your mind the same exact way he created the minds' of the flawed men that call themselves sent. It's absolutely no crime in using your mind. GOD would be a hypocrite if he gave you that great mind of yours only for you to submit it, your time, your money, your children and every other resource he gave you to another individual in his "name".
Be blessed my sister. BTW You're already "saved".
Thank you Bro. Cultastic. I appreciate your kind words of encouragement. I read Alot more than what I used to..it all started when I was sitting in service one-day and the preacher mis quoted a scripture...then the very next Sunday misquoted another scripture..I remember saying to myself...now I know I'm not trippin..the crap he is saying is all wrong..so I began to bring my bible to service all the time. I called a family member of mine who is a uhop pastor and began to tell him my findings. He agreed that he misquoted the scriptures and that I was not losing my mind. but Then.the more I began to bring my.bible to service...the more I felt my mind began to change..I had more questions..got no answers..if I got an answer..it was vague. My mom tells me that I shouldnt be so outspoken..not to speak on it and pray that God shows me the truth.. so I did..and so I went back to my mom and said to her..well I prayed like you said..meditated but the more I read..the more I see that the uhop is "out of order" . For example with selling tickets and our raffle drawings... that's gambling.. I mean..look it up for crying out loud. Read the definition.of gambling and tell me we aren't gambling.

Then we began to converse about charity. I told her that its not a good thing to have to go down the street to another church from the church we attend to get food when you don't have any food to eat. Or if you don't have all the.money for the light bill..ya gotta go the the catholics. Its not right! But you know what..THERE IS A GOD.
heart broken

Columbia, SC

#6950 Oct 8, 2013
Eyes on Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of them already are....but in slow motion. Lol Ive heard people talk about how they are going to shout...some practice their shouts so to have their look be a certain way. Some if you may remember......That "smooth shout" started in Madison day because in McCollough day.. they shouted themselves into whiplash. The average sister jerked her head back in a shout during McCollogh day. lol the played faster. Madison day slowwd it down a bit like they were in a night club.
Yes! I remember that. Everyone would enter service cute but after service was over..everybody looked beat dowwn..hair all matted..tear stains all on your clothes..you name it. I remember someone telling me that one of the saints shouted so hard and so long that mccullough told her to stop bc death is coming for her.. she was up too high where he was and to stop. Ive always wondered about those kinds of stories. How Mccullough tried to stop death. during mccullough time I was a little girl but in elementary school and remember a good bit. I wonder about those stories. Were they true? Can anyone recall these stories. What does it mean to be too high??
Eyes on Christ

United States

#6951 Oct 8, 2013
heart broken wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes! I remember that. Everyone would enter service cute but after service was over..everybody looked beat dowwn..hair all matted..tear stains all on your clothes..you name it. I remember someone telling me that one of the saints shouted so hard and so long that mccullough told her to stop bc death is coming for her.. she was up too high where he was and to stop. Ive always wondered about those kinds of stories. How Mccullough tried to stop death. during mccullough time I was a little girl but in elementary school and remember a good bit. I wonder about those stories. Were they true? Can anyone recall these stories. What does it mean to be too high??
Yeah...and Red left during Madison time. I heard that same situation. I believe her name was nickname was Red. I was a kid myself. But these things stick out at me just as much as the whistle that used to wake me up from my nap on the pew waiting for McCollough all night in my maid apron to go home at 4:00am once he finised his "YAKAS" lol. Anyways high meant (in UHOP false terms) is to be caught up in an uncontrollable "spirit" that one finds a hard time coming out of it. Truthfully, they did it themselves through their own mythical belief. Paying attention to it all....agaim, most of that uncontrollable wild shouts and screams came from Grace/McCollough day. It ended up fading away into "a swag" in Madison day and on. You wont find many ."all caught up" today. That fad has faded. Lol being high is false doctrine.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#6952 Oct 8, 2013
They had a lot of stories. They used them to keep us in line. Every time you question some thing here came a story. Now that you are paying attention you are going to notice a lot of things that just isnít right.

When McCollough would say, are you going to follow me till the end, I always said, help me and look at all those that said yes. Many times I wanted to ask, shouldnít this commitment be made to the Lord.

The reason our services lasted so long was because of Money. Those Pastors would run around the Church trying to get the last dime out of their members only to hear that sound (YAKAS) which was not even a word. They frown down on gambling yet their biggest money maker is a raffle. Picture that

How stupid were we. You really have to laugh at the things we thought we were doing right. Yet in the back of our minds we knew something was wrong.
Because, I never thought about how late the services were held until I brought a friend to service and she said, how do these children function in school after all of this. Then I remember my teacher telling my mother I needed more rest because I was falling asleep in class.

Very few children in my day went to college. We were never motivated to do so. Our aim was to get a job and help Daddy. Now when I look back, what were we helping him do? It sure was not for bettering the people.

This Pastor that won the lottery lived 69 years wishing he had a house. Something his Bishop should have made sure he had. Why they canít see something is truly wrong with Puffy is beyond me. The first thing Puffy did was make sure his Mother had a House and his daughter too. Yet his loyal Ministers has to wish for one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 25 min truth 574,347
The Persecution No One Dares Name (Aug '13) 7 hr Islam Forbids 5
Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) 8 hr swedenforever 29
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... 13 hr swedenforever 11
Most Americans see combating climate change as ... Tue Ed_Reid 4
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Mar 2 Jaimie 83,958
Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... Mar 1 Lawrence Wolf 2,021
More from around the web