United House of Prayer for All People...

United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

There are 10646 comments on the www.topix.net story from Apr 7, 2008, titled United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot.... In it, www.topix.net reports that:

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.topix.net.

Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#6913 Oct 7, 2013
Renewed Mind wrote:
Sorry for the typo. I meant to sign in as Renewed Mind. Because I am so thankful to God that I have had a renewing of my mind.
Glad you chimed in. This is why we keep this board going. So many of them want to hear the truth but are caught between loyalties to Puffy and the truths of God. Their loyalties to Puffy are going to cause a lot of them to be lost. To continual to listen to this nonsense has truly shown the cloudiness of their brains. Glad you are hearing us and you know better now. God bless you.
heart broken

Georgetown, SC

#6914 Oct 7, 2013
This video was very helpful. I see why you advised that I have an open mind. It is extremely different from what I am accustomed to. For so long it was about shouting and falling out purging..yadda yadda..and now I'm realizing all of that was for what? The truth is I must Hear. Believe. Repent. Confess. And be baptized in the name of Jesus.
I have not done any of those things.
Lord have mercy on my dying soul!
Im at a lost for words. This is a very hard pill to swallow.

Thank you so much for the video. I am still studying the new information given to me.
Cultastic

Charlotte, NC

#6915 Oct 7, 2013
heart broken wrote:
This video was very helpful. I see why you advised that I have an open mind. It is extremely different from what I am accustomed to. For so long it was about shouting and falling out purging..yadda yadda..and now I'm realizing all of that was for what? The truth is I must Hear. Believe. Repent. Confess. And be baptized in the name of Jesus.
Thank you so much for the video. I am still studying the new information given to me.
Every day above ground is a good day. I'm of the belief that the Creator is merciful. You want to know better, therefore I am confident that you can do and be better. Don't be so hard on yourself. The truth is not as difficult to accept as you think. I have a great appreciation for your statement about studying. We can NEVER learn too much. Ignorance feeds the ego of any/every religious oppressor. GOD created your mind the same exact way he created the minds' of the flawed men that call themselves sent. It's absolutely no crime in using your mind. GOD would be a hypocrite if he gave you that great mind of yours only for you to submit it, your time, your money, your children and every other resource he gave you to another individual in his "name".

Be blessed my sister. BTW You're already "saved".
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#6916 Oct 8, 2013
heart broken wrote:
@Heart Broken I am glad you found that video helpful! If you want to ever talk offline you can email me @[email protected] Keep studying and keep praying for God to reveal more of his truth! I will be praying with and for you!

God Bless!
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#6917 Oct 8, 2013
Good morning EVERYONE!!!! Here is an excellent video on "Authority In Religion" Enjoy!

&fe ature=share&list=PL849BE2C 0941A9A1E
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

#6918 Oct 8, 2013
@ MSD That video about music was good. I appreciate how the speaker, who I've become familiar with now (LOL), engaged proper scriptures that provided for greater explanation. Of course, many can easily neglect certain scriptures and wont have a clue as to how it applies to what we’ve h been doing all of our lives in the church that is considered as vain and worthless unto God. Love this: We must sing according to the truth and we must sing the truth.
Some of the scriptures that stood out to me in this video were John 4:23-24 of course due to the worship in spirit and truth, but the breakdown in this video makes you understand how to apply that verse to all aspects of life and not just a simple statement or other.
I like Colossians 3:17 because the breakdown is better than I’ve known…by doing everything all in the name of the Lord Jesus; I specifically like the example using the carpenter fixing up the kitchen scenario. People like to add, twist, update, reinvent, and renovate without God giving us authority to do so…therefore its WORTHLESS. Another was Ephesians 5:19 which encourages the singing but doesn’t state the instruments. Many times, the instruments can lead you not to hear the words of the song because it is the instruments that set you apart from the matter and into a mesmerized state of emotions. Tricky devil. Remember how in the UHOP someone would pray and another would sing a song with the band in the background blowing a tune? The members probably never paid attention to the prayer because you couldn’t hardly hear the words be spoken. The people rock side to side while the prayer was going on noticing the music and paying no attention to the prayer being delivered. So the prayer is in vain; worthless. Who plays music during a prayer anyway? No one would like music played while someone is talking to them so why do it to Jehovah? Tricky devil…he causes this, and loves that God, again, is not receiving his glory correctly; and the people are submerged in it. Another was Matthew 15:9 which by far stand out more to me… But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.(KJV) They worship me in vain; their teachings are merely human rules (English Standard) Their worship of me is worthless. The things they teach are only human rules (Easy Read).
Yes indeed! The principle of authority will set us straight. Great video, MSD!
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#6919 Oct 8, 2013
Eyes on Christ wrote:
@ MSD That video about music was good. I appreciate how the speaker, who I've become familiar with now (LOL), engaged proper scriptures that provided for greater explanation. Of course, many can easily neglect certain scriptures and wont have a clue as to how it applies to what we’ve h been doing all of our lives in the church that is considered as vain and worthless unto God. Love this: We must sing according to the truth and we must sing the truth.
Some of the scriptures that stood out to me in this video were John 4:23-24 of course due to the worship in spirit and truth, but the breakdown in this video makes you understand how to apply that verse to all aspects of life and not just a simple statement or other.
I like Colossians 3:17 because the breakdown is better than I’ve known…by doing everything all in the name of the Lord Jesus; I specifically like the example using the carpenter fixing up the kitchen scenario. People like to add, twist, update, reinvent, and renovate without God giving us authority to do so…therefore its WORTHLESS. Another was Ephesians 5:19 which encourages the singing but doesn’t state the instruments. Many times, the instruments can lead you not to hear the words of the song because it is the instruments that set you apart from the matter and into a mesmerized state of emotions. Tricky devil. Remember how in the UHOP someone would pray and another would sing a song with the band in the background blowing a tune? The members probably never paid attention to the prayer because you couldn’t hardly hear the words be spoken. The people rock side to side while the prayer was going on noticing the music and paying no attention to the prayer being delivered. So the prayer is in vain; worthless. Who plays music during a prayer anyway? No one would like music played while someone is talking to them so why do it to Jehovah? Tricky devil…he causes this, and loves that God, again, is not receiving his glory correctly; and the people are submerged in it. Another was Matthew 15:9 which by far stand out more to me… But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.(KJV) They worship me in vain; their teachings are merely human rules (English Standard) Their worship of me is worthless. The things they teach are only human rules (Easy Read).
YIPEEE!!! You've got girl!!!!! I am so happy to have shared this with you and it has helped you! I just posted another video on the Authority of the Church, let me know what you think!

God bless!
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#6920 Oct 8, 2013
Here's another great video on the "Church" as used in the bible.

heart broken

Waxhaw, NC

#6921 Oct 8, 2013
MSD wrote:
<quoted text>
YIPEEE!!! You've got girl!!!!! I am so happy to have shared this with you and it has helped you! I just posted another video on the Authority of the Church, let me know what you think!
God bless!
You guys have to slow down...lol. im still on the first video! Lol. I need to get with it and step my game up. Now I'm really excited to see the next video.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#6922 Oct 8, 2013
MSD wrote:
<quoted text>
YIPEEE!!! You've got girl!!!!! I am so happy to have shared this with you and it has helped you!
Help him; you two are helping a lot of us. Before I turn on to this page I get my Bible ready. The thing’s you all have inspired me to do in the name of Jesus has truly enhanced my way of living. I read my Bible with very little understanding. By not wanting to get involve with people whom I felt would try to control the way I thought like in the UHOP, I read in silence.

You two are truly giving me a new look at understanding what I read. I always said discussions with an open mind can change you life. Thank you for today’s lesson can’t wait for the next.

Its something about spiritual food, you can never get enough.
heart broken

Waxhaw, NC

#6923 Oct 8, 2013
MSD wrote:
<quoted text>
@Heart Broken I am glad you found that video helpful! If you want to ever talk offline you can email me @[email protected] Keep studying and keep praying for God to reveal more of his truth! I will be praying with and for you!
God Bless!
@msd. Thank you! I sure will.....:-)
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#6924 Oct 8, 2013
Gee-Tee wrote:
<quoted text>
Help him; you two are helping a lot of us. Before I turn on to this page I get my Bible ready. The thing’s you all have inspired me to do in the name of Jesus has truly enhanced my way of living. I read my Bible with very little understanding. By not wanting to get involve with people whom I felt would try to control the way I thought like in the UHOP, I read in silence.
You two are truly giving me a new look at understanding what I read. I always said discussions with an open mind can change you life. Thank you for today’s lesson can’t wait for the next.
Its something about spiritual food, you can never get enough.
God Bless You Gee-Tee! I admire your strength to carry on after all you've been through! You inspire me to keep going on in Jesus' name! I love you all and I thank God for this blog! I have meet some wonderful and interesting people here!
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#6925 Oct 8, 2013
Eyes on Christ wrote:
I just had another thought to add the clouds of heaven from the mo. house here in Charlotte would always play this one song that everyone would run to the floor and shout on.. "Rocking Chair" I couldn't believe it! That song was no where near gospel music to praise God with I found out that it was a James Brown song. See how tricky Satan is that is why we need to pay attention to what is going on around us and what is authorized by God. The brass band are man-made not God made and they don't belong is God's church! They are just a distraction! There were times when I was still in there when I got tired of hearing the bands play. It turned out where sometimes we wouldn't hear a sermon, and it was a battle of the bands service...SMH!
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#6926 Oct 8, 2013
Here's another video about the "House of God"

I'm on a roll y'all! LOL

Helped By This Column

Charlotte, NC

#6927 Oct 8, 2013
Does anyone know if anything earth shaking happened in the Counsel meeting yesterday; or was it business as usual?
Egyptology

United States

#6928 Oct 8, 2013
MSD wrote:
<quoted text>
I just had another thought to add the clouds of heaven from the mo. house here in Charlotte would always play this one song that everyone would run to the floor and shout on.. "Rocking Chair" I couldn't believe it! That song was no where near gospel music to praise God with I found out that it was a James Brown song. See how tricky Satan is that is why we need to pay attention to what is going on around us and what is authorized by God. The brass band are man-made not God made and they don't belong is God's church! They are just a distraction! There were times when I was still in there when I got tired of hearing the bands play. It turned out where sometimes we wouldn't hear a sermon, and it was a battle of the bands service...SMH!
yes yes yes that song is off the chain everytime i would hear it i always looked at the bishop and he rocking side to side that song is no were near gospel.
Egyptology

United States

#6929 Oct 8, 2013
Helped By This Column wrote:
Does anyone know if anything earth shaking happened in the Counsel meeting yesterday; or was it business as usual?
nothing happen to my understanding. oh and i guess it is ok to play the lottery as well, because nothing was said about that and he is still the pastor at #2
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#6930 Oct 8, 2013
Egyptology wrote:
<quoted text>
yes yes yes that song is off the chain everytime i would hear it i always looked at the bishop and he rocking side to side that song is no were near gospel.
See he's clueless too and he's suppose to know better. It all about the emotional high in the HOP and it is ONLY temporary! Having a relationship with Jesus is EVERLASTING!
Egyptology

Concord, CA

#6931 Oct 8, 2013
very true
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#6932 Oct 8, 2013
Egyptology wrote:
<quoted text>
nothing happen to my understanding. oh and i guess it is ok to play the lottery as well, because nothing was said about that and he is still the pastor at #2
SMH! It's all about who you know and didn't his wife (Baptist) say she bought the ticket and not him? Her testimony probably got him off. I know Baptist must have shouted his brains out in relief! LOL

And another thing the word "Shout" does NOT mean to put on a holy dance in the bible.(Another man-made concept) Whenever you see the word shout in the bible it is being referred to raising your voice, being loudly verbal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 54 min Gods r Delusion x... 688,822
News Pope Francis Denounces Gender Confirmation Surg... Oct 9 TerriB1 1
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Oct 2 The Bible Student 81
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep '17 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep '17 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,837
More from around the web