United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ... Full Story
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

#6899 Oct 7, 2013
know better now wrote:
GOOD afternoon everyone ! I tell ya this forum is the best bible study that i've ever had. Sure never got this at the Hop. I look so forward to reading what you guys have to say. Such a tremendous help to me THANK YOU!
We are glad to have you aboard. This forum has helped us all. That's the mission...to help one another. Anything you can find that needs to be address. Let's discuss it...between us all and God's word...we wil find the answer.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#6900 Oct 7, 2013
Eyes on Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning MSD. You are on a roll right now. I see you have provided a nice overview "laying it all down" and a welcoming invitation. I can truly respect that. This way no one comes in confused about the beliefs. One thing that caught my attention is the acapella singing. Lately, I've been paying attention to that concern. I'm still researching for my understanding, but I keep coming across that the use of the instruments today works on behalf of the intent to distract. This is really got me tangled up because I'm a music phanatic. Growing in HOP was nothing but music, but my household was loud gospel and band music, and the cars we rod in blasted band music. Music and instruments is a weakness for me, but I'm starting to kind of learn why it's so big in the church especially large church...if you get me.
Good afternoon Eyes on Christ! LOL I just want to let you know that I'm a she not a he.:) To speak on your statement on acapella singing, it was authorized by God under the New Covenant after the "Church" was established. Col.3:16; Eph. 5:19. Now under the Old Testament there was instrumental music but there were also bloody sacrifices offered as well. We are no longer under that law as a matter of fact we were NEVER under that law, it was only for the Isrealites. We must look at the cross and say where do we fall BC or AD. I will post another video link on Acapella singing and what the bible says about it. I too was amazed because I too love music, now there is nothing wrong with listening to instrumental music outside of worship; so keep on listening! But when it comes to worshiping God in a service setting we must not go beyond what is written then we will be guilty of vain worship (Matt 15:8-9) and God will not accept that. The Old Testament shows us what can happen when we worship God in vain and offer him something he didn't ask for, look at the story of Cain and Abel Gen 4:1-26; Nadab and Abihu Lev 9:22 - 10:7

I hope this helps!
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#6901 Oct 7, 2013
@ Eyes on Christ Cont.

Playing With Fire

The bible tells us the Old Testament teaches us how God dealt with His people before Christ. It teaches us how through patience and with the comfort of the scriptures we might have hope of eternity with God. It also warns, or admonishes, us to examine the Old Testament examples to see how they pleased or displeased God and why.

"For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope." (Romans 15:4 KJV)
"Now all these things happened unto them for examples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come." (1 Corinthians 10:11 KJV)

The passage we are considering today comes from the Old Testament book of Leviticus, Leviticus 9:22-10:7. Leviticus is mostly a guidebook for the priests, who could only come from the tribe of Levi, who served under the Law of Moses. It mostly outlines priestly rituals. It covers the who, what, where, when and why of the priest's duties and service to God.

Leviticus contains the story of two of Aaron's sons, Nadab and Abihu. Aaron, Moses' brother, was God's chosen High Priest. His sons and other priests served under Aaron. The story of Nadab and Abihu provides a valuable lesson for us as Christians.

Eight days after Aaron and his sons had been consecrated by God as priests a sacrifice was prepared to show the glory of God. Aaron blessed the people and fire came out from the Lord and consumed the fat on the alter. The glory of the Lord was so powerful the people shouted and fell on their faces when they saw it.

The next verse, Leviticus 10:1, says that Nadab and Abihu offered strange fire before the Lord that He commanded them not. The next verse, Leviticus 10:2 says that fire went out from the Lord and devoured them and they died before the Lord.

People have offered a number of reasons as to why they were destroyed. Leviticus 10:1-2 says exactly why they lost their lives - they did something other than what God commanded.

"And Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, took either of them his censer, and put fire therein, and put incense thereon, and offered strange fire before the LORD, which he commanded them not.
And there went out fire from the LORD, and devoured them, and they died before the LORD." (Leviticus 10:1-2 KJV)

In Leviticus 10:3 Moses says those who approach God must glorify Him. He must be treated as special, set apart, respected. The actions of Nadab and Abihu did not respect or honor God. If they had respected God they would have used the fire He commanded.

Since the example of Nadab and Abihu's use of uncommanded fire serves as a warning, or admonition (1 Corinthians 10:11), what warnings can we take from the account?

When we worship God we must do only what He has commanded. We cannot do what feels right to us. If we do we are saying we don't consider God holy enough to respect His wishes. If we do not respect Him enough to do what He says we cannot glorify or set Him apart.(Leviticus 10:3 KJV)

When we ignore the commands of God we set ourselves up to worship as we see fit without regard for God. When we worship as we see fit rather that what God commands, or authorizes, our worship becomes vain and spiritually deadly.

" But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men." (Matthew 15:9 KJV)
"Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men." (Mark 7:7 KJV) Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men?" (Colossians 2:22 KJV)

Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth." (Titus 1:14 KJV)

MSD

Charlotte, NC

#6902 Oct 7, 2013

The story of Nadab and Abihu warns us to do exactly what God commands in our worship. No more, no less. Every thing we do in worship should be directly commanded in God's word. If a practice is not anchored in Scripture it is "strange fire" and not authorized by God. If a practice is commanded by God and we add to it, or take away from it, it displeases God.

"Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you." (Deuteronomy 4:2 KJV)
"What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.(Deuteronomy 12:32 KJV)
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#6903 Oct 7, 2013
Here's a video link on singing as authorized in Christ's church.

http://youtu.be/J7xLW8KHE4c
Rewned Mind

United States

#6904 Oct 7, 2013
Gee-Tee wrote:
<quoted text>
When I think about all the misguided teachings that scared a whole generation of people makes me want to holler. This is why it’s so hard for the people to see the falseness of the UHOP teaching.
It’s been ingrained in them for so long.
Well you can get ready for yet another whole generation to be misguided because my friend, who was in Charlotte Sunday told me the during the bishop's serman he told the members that, I am your everything.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#6905 Oct 7, 2013
Rewned Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you can get ready for yet another whole generation to be misguided because my friend, who was in Charlotte Sunday told me the during the bishop's serman he told the members that, I am your everything.
Oh no!!!!!!!!!! He is dancing with the wrath of God!!!
What was your friends response??
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

#6906 Oct 7, 2013
MSD wrote:
<quoted text>
Good afternoon Eyes on Christ! LOL I just want to let you know that I'm a she not a he.:) To speak on your statement on acapella singing, it was authorized by God under the New Covenant after the "Church" was established. Col.3:16; Eph. 5:19. Now under the Old Testament there was instrumental music but there were also bloody sacrifices offered as well. We are no longer under that law as a matter of fact we were NEVER under that law, it was only for the Isrealites. We must look at the cross and say where do we fall BC or AD. I will post another video link on Acapella singing and what the bible says about it. I too was amazed because I too love music, now there is nothing wrong with listening to instrumental music outside of worship; so keep on listening! But when it comes to worshiping God in a service setting we must not go beyond what is written then we will be guilty of vain worship (Matt 15:8-9) and God will not accept that. The Old Testament shows us what can happen when we worship God in vain and offer him something he didn't ask for, look at the story of Cain and Abel Gen 4:1-26; Nadab and Abihu Lev 9:22 - 10:7
I hope this helps!
Thanks for clarifying your gender as a "she". Please forgive me. And this is some good stuff today. "Vain Worship" is what stood out to me. And you know...Matthew 15:8-9 is so clear, I just never associated with music; I have to understand that it applies to all. I've always placed music as good all the time as long as it was stating a praise towards God, but there is a time for everything. When it's done in the church the way we really get down with it (especially the black church) we cause for more than what is asked and normally go overboard minimizing access to God's word. MSD, you are so right and your wording and scripture references are on point. Do we realize how much time is placed on music, money, announcements, and other things in many churches which subtract time learning about Gods word? When we congregate, we are suppose to be learning about God through His word. The other things should be done swiftly causing no interruptions with the Word. Great info, MSD.
Renewed Mind

United States

#6907 Oct 7, 2013
Sorry for the typo. I meant to sign in as Renewed Mind. Because I am so thankful to God that I have had a renewing of my mind.

To MSD: That is my friend, so I didn't comment. Being a former member myself I know how defensive members can get.
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

#6908 Oct 7, 2013
MSD wrote:
The story of Nadab and Abihu warns us to do exactly what God commands in our worship. No more, no less. Every thing we do in worship should be directly commanded in God's word. If a practice is not anchored in Scripture it is "strange fire" and not authorized by God. If a practice is commanded by God and we add to it, or take away from it, it displeases God.
"Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you." (Deuteronomy 4:2 KJV)
"What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.(Deuteronomy 12:32 KJV)
Nice! Both postings regarding this account is absolutely on point. I totally agree....if it's not in the bible, it's not something we should concern ourselves. He gives us instructions that we should follow in our worship, and anything else would be man made which means pointless and can't save us. The first Church is our prime example. The further we get away, the further we get away from the truth and into false doctrine as most are today. God wants us to know that He is serious and clear with His instructions; do not add or take anything from it as it displeases Him and cause serious problems for us. Many of us can't see the problems we are having as being associated with our disobediences and loyalty to false teachings. MSD, this is a great subject for study.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#6909 Oct 7, 2013
Eyes on Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for clarifying your gender as a "she". Please forgive me. And this is some good stuff today. "Vain Worship" is what stood out to me. And you know...Matthew 15:8-9 is so clear, I just never associated with music; I have to understand that it applies to all. I've always placed music as good all the time as long as it was stating a praise towards God, but there is a time for everything. When it's done in the church the way we really get down with it (especially the black church) we cause for more than what is asked and normally go overboard minimizing access to God's word. MSD, you are so right and your wording and scripture references are on point. Do we realize how much time is placed on music, money, announcements, and other things in many churches which subtract time learning about Gods word? When we congregate, we are suppose to be learning about God through His word. The other things should be done swiftly causing no interruptions with the Word. Great info, MSD.
You are welcome I'm glad I could share this with you all! You are so right we spend too much time on other things, money, announcement, etc instead of the word of God and that is why so many of us are lost! Hey I tried to reach out to you offline a few minutes ago and it was rejected, your email address is eyesonchrist@yahoo.com right?
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#6910 Oct 7, 2013
Renewed Mind wrote:
Sorry for the typo. I meant to sign in as Renewed Mind. Because I am so thankful to God that I have had a renewing of my mind.
To MSD: That is my friend, so I didn't comment. Being a former member myself I know how defensive members can get.
I understand. So what made your friend share that comment with you? It seems like they had some concern to bring it up knowing you no longer attend. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

God Bless
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

#6911 Oct 7, 2013
MSD wrote:
<quoted text>
You are welcome I'm glad I could share this with you all! You are so right we spend too much time on other things, money, announcement, etc instead of the word of God and that is why so many of us are lost! Hey I tried to reach out to you offline a few minutes ago and it was rejected, your email address is eyesonchrist@yahoo.com right?
Yes, that's correct.
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

#6912 Oct 7, 2013
Eyes on Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that's correct.
Use eyeonchrist@yahoo.com instead until I fix the other one. no letter "s" on eye.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#6913 Oct 7, 2013
Renewed Mind wrote:
Glad you chimed in. This is why we keep this board going. So many of them want to hear the truth but are caught between loyalties to Puffy and the truths of God. Their loyalties to Puffy are going to cause a lot of them to be lost. To continual to listen to this nonsense has truly shown the cloudiness of their brains. Glad you are hearing us and you know better now. God bless you.
heart broken

Columbia, SC

#6914 Oct 7, 2013
This video was very helpful. I see why you advised that I have an open mind. It is extremely different from what I am accustomed to. For so long it was about shouting and falling out purging..yadda yadda..and now I'm realizing all of that was for what? The truth is I must Hear. Believe. Repent. Confess. And be baptized in the name of Jesus.
I have not done any of those things.
Lord have mercy on my dying soul!
Im at a lost for words. This is a very hard pill to swallow.

Thank you so much for the video. I am still studying the new information given to me.
Cultastic

Charlotte, NC

#6915 Oct 7, 2013
heart broken wrote:
This video was very helpful. I see why you advised that I have an open mind. It is extremely different from what I am accustomed to. For so long it was about shouting and falling out purging..yadda yadda..and now I'm realizing all of that was for what? The truth is I must Hear. Believe. Repent. Confess. And be baptized in the name of Jesus.
Thank you so much for the video. I am still studying the new information given to me.
Every day above ground is a good day. I'm of the belief that the Creator is merciful. You want to know better, therefore I am confident that you can do and be better. Don't be so hard on yourself. The truth is not as difficult to accept as you think. I have a great appreciation for your statement about studying. We can NEVER learn too much. Ignorance feeds the ego of any/every religious oppressor. GOD created your mind the same exact way he created the minds' of the flawed men that call themselves sent. It's absolutely no crime in using your mind. GOD would be a hypocrite if he gave you that great mind of yours only for you to submit it, your time, your money, your children and every other resource he gave you to another individual in his "name".

Be blessed my sister. BTW You're already "saved".
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#6916 Oct 8, 2013
heart broken wrote:
@Heart Broken I am glad you found that video helpful! If you want to ever talk offline you can email me @msd.dd@aol.com Keep studying and keep praying for God to reveal more of his truth! I will be praying with and for you!

God Bless!
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#6917 Oct 8, 2013
Good morning EVERYONE!!!! Here is an excellent video on "Authority In Religion" Enjoy!

&fe ature=share&list=PL849BE2C 0941A9A1E
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

#6918 Oct 8, 2013
@ MSD That video about music was good. I appreciate how the speaker, who I've become familiar with now (LOL), engaged proper scriptures that provided for greater explanation. Of course, many can easily neglect certain scriptures and wont have a clue as to how it applies to what we’ve h been doing all of our lives in the church that is considered as vain and worthless unto God. Love this: We must sing according to the truth and we must sing the truth.
Some of the scriptures that stood out to me in this video were John 4:23-24 of course due to the worship in spirit and truth, but the breakdown in this video makes you understand how to apply that verse to all aspects of life and not just a simple statement or other.
I like Colossians 3:17 because the breakdown is better than I’ve known…by doing everything all in the name of the Lord Jesus; I specifically like the example using the carpenter fixing up the kitchen scenario. People like to add, twist, update, reinvent, and renovate without God giving us authority to do so…therefore its WORTHLESS. Another was Ephesians 5:19 which encourages the singing but doesn’t state the instruments. Many times, the instruments can lead you not to hear the words of the song because it is the instruments that set you apart from the matter and into a mesmerized state of emotions. Tricky devil. Remember how in the UHOP someone would pray and another would sing a song with the band in the background blowing a tune? The members probably never paid attention to the prayer because you couldn’t hardly hear the words be spoken. The people rock side to side while the prayer was going on noticing the music and paying no attention to the prayer being delivered. So the prayer is in vain; worthless. Who plays music during a prayer anyway? No one would like music played while someone is talking to them so why do it to Jehovah? Tricky devil…he causes this, and loves that God, again, is not receiving his glory correctly; and the people are submerged in it. Another was Matthew 15:9 which by far stand out more to me… But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.(KJV) They worship me in vain; their teachings are merely human rules (English Standard) Their worship of me is worthless. The things they teach are only human rules (Easy Read).
Yes indeed! The principle of authority will set us straight. Great video, MSD!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr hojo 550,793
Voices: In Cuba, a new church, a ray of hope 10 hr Dan Winchester 3
Pope pushes back at creationists 20 hr SpaceBlues 1
Filipino Catholics hails new saints (Apr '14) Wed ELIAS IBARRA 47
Pope condemns gay equality laws (Feb '10) Wed kent 70
German Bishop: Gays a Condemned to Hella (Jun '10) Wed tonyintoronto 65
Vatican exorcism conference warns the Devil is ... Oct 27 Atheist Silurist 23

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE