United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ... Full Story
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

#6859 Oct 4, 2013
Cultastic wrote:
<quoted text>
I encourage the venting. One of the things that we don't do in the black community is talk about mental health issues. Therefore we suffer in silence. One of the things I try to encourage is confrontation when it comes to the issues of the UHOP. The main things that hinder the progress of our beautiful sisters and brothers is fear and ignorance. How can we correct the problems if we don't put them in the open. I've stated several times over. Brother Bailey is only as strong as the fear he instills in the members.
I'm not the smartest man but I'm willing to bet (pun intended LOL) that Brother Bishop is aware that people are standing up to him. He's getting much more kick back than his predecessors. Biblical knowledge is wonderful but if the application is twisted it's useless. You are not alone in your frustration when you see your sincere loved ones being abused by a man's greed and oppressive ideologies.
No one has really paid attention to the fact that brother Bishop rarely uses scripture in his "sermons". My theory is simple. he realizes a few things. It doesn't matter if he uses the bible or not you're going to believe whatever he says my sisters and brothers. He also likely realizes that if he let's you in on too much that's in the scripture he's going to contradict his teachings as well as the teachings of the men that came before him.
My solution is simple as well. ASK QUESTIONS... Questions bring about answers, and answers prevent problems. If no one in the UHOP can adequately answer your questions maybe GOD has given you the answer in your spirit and you're just not listening.
Now, there's some sweet advice for you. I especially like this part... "My solution is simple as well. ASK QUESTIONS... Questions bring about answers, and answers prevent problems. If no one in the UHOP can adequately answer your questions maybe GOD has given you the answer in your spirit and you're just not listening". Thank you, Cultastic!
Cultastic

Charlotte, NC

#6860 Oct 4, 2013
MSD wrote:
<quoted text>
And the people's bishop just preached y'all!!!!!!!!!! This statement deserves a standing ovation!!!!!!!!
LOL cut it out Sister @MSD.....
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#6861 Oct 4, 2013
heart broken wrote:
One of my biggest concerns is the process in which the uhop members recieve the holy ghost. Where did chanting the word Daddy come from? Who came up with the idea of recieving the holyghost by getting on your knees and chanting Daddy daddy daddy? Im pretty pissed off that there is not enough Jesus in the uhop. Here it is I've been in the uhop all my life just to find out that I really dont have a personal relationship with Christ. I cant even talk to my family about it bc of the amount of rage I let out in conversation. the more I think about it, the more it hardens my heart. I am truely heart broken and highly disappointed.
Quote: Salvation is by Grace only. Grace has given God a vacation, and since God is on vacation, don't worry about Him. If you sin against God, Grace can save you, but if you sin against Grace, God cannot save you.

These words were embedded in the UHOP members head. They truly believed you had to go through Grace to get to God. They had some members that called Jesus name when seeking for the Holy Ghost. When they didnít get it, they were told it was because they had to call on Daddy.

When I think about all the misguided teachings that scared a whole generation of people makes me want to holler. This is why itís so hard for the people to see the falseness of the UHOP teaching.
Itís been ingrained in them for so long.

There was a woman that uses to cut the ends of the Pot Roast before she cooked it. This went on for three generation. When ask why do you cut the ends off they were told, because grandma did it. When they asked grandma why she did it they were told because great-great grandma did it. When they asked her why she did it her reply was,ďThe Pot wasnít big enough.Ē

So you see no one ever questioned why things done in the UHOP continue from one generation to another. They took everything as gospel. The trust in these so call Men of God is still undeliverable. Deep down with-in they really believe they have to go through ďDaddyĒ to get to God.

Take long deep breaths when speaking to these people. They believe we are against their Daddies. Some of them will never see. Continue to believe in the Gospel of Jesus Christ and thank him for waking you up. Most UHOP members are that ďMan in the BoatĒ waiting for Puffy to save them.
Cultastic

Charlotte, NC

#6862 Oct 4, 2013
Eyes on Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, there's some sweet advice for you. I especially like this part... "My solution is simple as well. ASK QUESTIONS... Questions bring about answers, and answers prevent problems. If no one in the UHOP can adequately answer your questions maybe GOD has given you the answer in your spirit and you're just not listening". Thank you, Cultastic!
Just sharing my thoughts. I love my UHOP sisters and brothers even though they think I only want to make their lives miserable with my rants LOL. In contrast I have nothing but blank stares because they honestly believe that their religious master has their best interest at heart.
U O E N O

Dallas, TX

#6863 Oct 4, 2013
Cultastic wrote:
<quoted text>
I was waiting for someone else to post this truth brother @Hebrewsunite. I hope he takes option #3. Take the money and run for the hills. Ball up that useless Elder's letter/credential and throw it at Brother Bishop. I could care less about the lies he "preached" LOL.
Dude has brilliantly found a way around this ultimatum which was given to him. His loving wife who he has messed around on even to this day has stepped forward and claimed that the ticket was hers and he had nothing to do with it. Supposedly that he only stepped up to claim the prize nationally because she had some serious back taxes. However, common sense will tell you that if you are hitched it will affect you either way. The man is at least taking in $70-80 grand a year alone from a minimum weekly pastor offering of $1000, anniversary offering of at 10k. And don't forget at least a whopping 5 grand during the convocation. Yes I clocked his pocket lol. But to day that you are 69 and never own a home is absurd to say the least. I'm 26 and own a home. but I'm happy for anyone who is afforded the opportunity to pick up and start a new. I just hope they use wisdom. Enjoy your wife and family and chillax some where
Egyptology

United States

#6864 Oct 4, 2013
@gee-tee......WONDERFUL....... .my parents wont have an open discussion with me about the questions i have, i get it you shouldn't question the man of god but i have a novel of question and i would have thought since my parents been in the game for a long time we could have at least had a general convesation without all the yelling and stuff. bottom line is when people can't answer or get mad defensive when you question their intelligence then there is something wrong.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#6865 Oct 4, 2013
Egyptology wrote:
@gee-tee......WONDERFUL....... .my parents wont have an open discussion with me about the questions i have, i get it you shouldn't question the man of god but i have a novel of question and i would have thought since my parents been in the game for a long time we could have at least had a general convesation without all the yelling and stuff. bottom line is when people can't answer or get mad defensive when you question their intelligence then there is something wrong.
@Egyptology you can question the man of God especially when what he teaches doesn't line up with what God says in His word. Prov. 14:12 says...English Standard Version
There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way to death.
Egyptology

Jersey City, NJ

#6866 Oct 4, 2013
@msd i totally agree
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#6867 Oct 4, 2013
Are we asking for to much when we ask the UHOP Bishops to put their Members first? Everyone that takes this seat gets greedier then the next. None of us truly like being enslaved. Yet when ever someone is in control, their first thought is about themselves, never the people they are leading. If the Rich and Powerful would share with the Poor; Poor would be just a word and not a reality.

Give your people the wills to think for them selves. You can still have a group of people that will follow you. But to continue to lead your people into a false sense of hope is truly not Gods plan. I look down on these leaders because they say, God sent them. What kind of God are they serving that thinks his Messengers are the only ones that should enjoy Heaven here on earth, While the rest of us has to wait to die.

God did not send these Men. Once I gave my soul to God, The God I serve gave me a good Life. He also gave me a good Heart where I want to see all my sisters and brothers have the same things I have. Sharing is the works of God. Greediness is the works of the Devil.

The reason most UHOP members donít own houses is because their leaders keep building Apartments. If they built Homes, their people would want more. Itís like giving a Dog a bone, once that Dog get the taste of meat he buries his bones.

Give your members a reason for living.
KINGDOM CHILD

Washington, DC

#6868 Oct 4, 2013
Greetings to Everyone,

As this will be the last time I read your column before going home for the weekend, I would like to share the following scriptures. I would encourage everyone to purchase a bible if you do not own one.

It is very important that you know the Gospel of Jesus Christ and study the Holy Bible for yourself. It is not enough to simply read a few versus and close your books until the next study time.

As a child my parents would read to me, but as an adult everyone should be capable of reading for themselves. I do not wish to offend anyone, but would just like to remind you that there is really no excuse because there are tapes, cds, and even options of going to youtube and having the scriptures play while you work around the house or during sparetime.

2 Timothy 2:15
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Please open your bibles and study, ask God's guidance through the Holy Ghost as you began on the most exciting journey learning about God!

John 3:16-17 (KJV)
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Acts4:10-12 (KJV)
10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.

11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Philippians 2:8-11
King James Version (KJV)

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

And for those who have come to find the way, let us pray for those who are not yet sound in the words of GOD.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#6869 Oct 4, 2013
Thereís a book called ďHappy to be NappyĒ written by Chris Raschka. He wrote this book to give Black children a sense of pride. For far too long Black Folks have been using all kinds of creams to lighten their skins and all kinds of harmful chemicals to straighten their hair. Never seeing the beauty God made within us. I heard a Medical Examiner say he could always tell the people that had perms by the blackness of their scalps.

Now you have a Black Leader that thinks he should teach you the way God made you is wrong. Come on people, God made us in his imagine. Jesus had hair like a lamb. Should you be listening to this nonsense spewed out by Puffy?

Since when did how you wear your hair became apart in serving God. These are Common Sense questions you should see for yourself.
know better now

United States

#6870 Oct 4, 2013
heart broken wrote:
One of my biggest concerns is the process in which the uhop members recieve the holy ghost. Where did chanting the word Daddy come from? Who came up with the idea of recieving the holyghost by getting on your knees and chanting Daddy daddy daddy? Im pretty pissed off that there is not enough Jesus in the uhop. Here it is I've been in the uhop all my life just to find out that I really dont have a personal relationship with Christ. I cant even talk to my family about it bc of the amount of rage I let out in conversation. the more I think about it, the more it hardens my heart. I am truely heart broken and highly disappointed.
I was just talking about this very thing this afternoon.Can someone help me with my question regarding the way the uhop teaches it's members to be saved.I would like to know is that also a form of being waveform is it wrong altogether. I'm Still somewhat confused because so many have claim receiving the holy ghost that way.Was it real IS it real. I know alot of Baptist believe that you just have to believe, except and confess with thou mouth you are saved and the holy ghost is already within you it just has to be manifested. Is the way the uhop seek a joke? I watched the video that was posted as well and according to it there's only one way tl be saved and the uhop way is not it. Can someone help?????
know better now

United States

#6871 Oct 4, 2013
know better now wrote:
<quoted text>I was just talking about this very thing this afternoon.Can someone help me with my question regarding the way the uhop teaches it's members to be saved.I would like to know is that also a form of being waveform is it wrong altogether. I'm Still somewhat confused because so many have claim receiving the holy ghost that way.Was it real IS it real. I know alot of Baptist believe that you just have to believe, except and confess with thou mouth you are saved and the holy ghost is already within you it just has to be manifested. Is the way the uhop seek a joke? I watched the video that was posted as well and according to it there's only one way tl be saved and the uhop way is not it. Can someone help?????
Sorry typos everywhere. I was asking is the way the hop teaches it's members to be saved another form or is it wrong altogether ?
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#6872 Oct 4, 2013
know better now wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry typos everywhere. I was asking is the way the hop teaches it's members to be saved another form or is it wrong altogether ?
The UHOP is not teaching you how to be saved. They told you to get on your knees, wallow in some saw dust calling on Daddy. You get up confess to having the Holy Ghost and continue doing all unholy things. Look how easy it is for the people to shout. As soon as the bands stop they are back to normal.

How many weeks of Convocation do they have. UHOP members get Baptist every stop they make, why. Once you get Baptist and receive the Gospel of Jesus Christ in your heart, why are you doing this again. Iím not saying all of them act this way, But so many confess to have the Holy Ghost and continue to live in sin. If the UHOP was teaching the true meaning of being saved, they would insist you sin no more.

How can you claim to be saved when you donít even know Gods words? They repeat Puffy words. God will forgive all sins, but donít you think you should try not to commit the same sins over and over again, when do you learn.

You will be confused because you are at a point in your life where you donít know who to believe. Continue to pray for understanding, God will not fail you. Start by Reading the Bible a little more. What you donít understand discuss it with us. You have been deprived of Gods words much too long. Everything you are confused about is because a Mortal Man gave you his meaning. Now its time for you to receive the true meaning of how to serve God, not Man through the Bible. Iím here for you and so many others are too.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#6873 Oct 4, 2013
If you follow the ďTen CommandmentsĒ Gods words, people will know you are saved by the way you carry yourself. Your light will shine for you. It doesnít take much to serve God, its how we treat each other. Thatís what being save should be about.
Egyptology

United States

#6874 Oct 5, 2013
also its in the bible somewhere i cant remember, that all you have to do to be save is by accepting jesus as your personal savior, no need for spitting up messing up your clothes and calling daddy, thats not in the bible, thats why when i was trapped in there i never received the holy ghost until i accepted jesus as my personal savior.
on another note a good book to read " he came and set the captives free" by Rebecca brown. this book talks about the thrown and how people want say they worship the devil but they call him master. I have only one master and that is Jesus Christ.
MSD

Smyrna, SC

#6875 Oct 5, 2013
know better now wrote:
<quoted text>I was just talking about this very thing this afternoon.Can someone help me with my question regarding the way the uhop teaches it's members to be saved.I would like to know is that also a form of being waveform is it wrong altogether. I'm Still somewhat confused because so many have claim receiving the holy ghost that way.Was it real IS it real. I know alot of Baptist believe that you just have to believe, except and confess with thou mouth you are saved and the holy ghost is already within you it just has to be manifested. Is the way the uhop seek a joke? I watched the video that was posted as well and according to it there's only one way tl be saved and the uhop way is not it. Can someone help?????
I posted a video amswering your question. The way the Hop seeks for the holy ghost is wrong along with the baptist religion. The is no such thing as the sinners prayer in the bible. Please watch the video if you haven't i pray it will help you! God Bless!
Maverick

New York, NY

#6876 Oct 5, 2013
@know better now:
I would say the only thing wrong about the way UHOP members receive the Holy Ghost is the name they call. I received the Holy Ghost by seeking for it in the name of Jesus. The scripture says on the day of Pentecost they were on one accord. I can't say they were on their knees calling "Jejejejejejesus" but for them to receive power from on high as Christ promised, they were no doubt praying, meditating, thinking on Jesus, talking about Jesus, maybe singing and perhaps even preaching. Who knows? But when the Father saw that they were ready (remember he told them to tarry so they had to wait for it), there came a sound from Heaven as of a RUSHING MIGHTY WIND that filled the house. A strong wind can move things. The tongues that appeared were as of fire. Fire burns. They began to testify in other languages. EVIDENCE that the spirit had arrived! I don't believe you can get this spirit, with fire and power by just treating people nice, wearing a smile and quietly proclaiming Jesus is Lord. You have to seek God, and do something to let him know you want him to move into your heart and to let the devil know you are evicting him for good. If Jesus had to endure the cross, the servant is no greater than his Lord. Why do some of us reject the effort it takes to get the Holy Ghost (for real) and just believe that saying, "Jesus is my Lord and personal savior!" means you're saved?
Maverick

New York, NY

#6877 Oct 5, 2013
know better now wrote:
@know better now
I would say the only thing wrong about the way UHOP members receive the Holy Ghost is the name they call. I received the Holy Ghost by seeking for it in the name of Jesus. The scripture says on the day of Pentecost they were on one accord. I can't say they were on their knees calling "Jejejejejejesus" but for them to receive power from on high as Christ promised, they were no doubt praying, meditating, thinking on Jesus, talking about Jesus, maybe singing and perhaps even preaching. Who knows? But when the Father saw that they were ready (remember he told them to tarry so they had to wait for it), there came a sound from Heaven as of a RUSHING MIGHTY WIND that filled the house. A strong wind can move things. The tongues that appeared were as of fire. Fire burns. They began to testify in other languages. EVIDENCE that the spirit had arrived! I don't believe you can get this spirit, with fire and power by just treating people nice, wearing a smile and quietly proclaiming Jesus is Lord. You have to seek God, and do something to let him know you want him to move into your heart and to let the devil know you are evicting him for good. If Jesus had to endure the cross, the servant is no greater than his Lord. Why do some of us reject the effort it takes to get the Holy Ghost (for real) and just believe that saying, "Jesus is my Lord and personal savior!" means you're saved?
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#6878 Oct 5, 2013
Maverick wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe you can get this spirit, with fire and power by just treating people nice, wearing a smile and quietly proclaiming Jesus is Lord.
Is there a better way to show you have the spirit of God in you? I understand the point you are making my point was if you confess in having the Holy Ghost and proceed as normal is not the Holy Ghost. To be caught up in that moment should be a moment that stays with you for the rest of your life. How we treat each other is the test the Holy Spirit is still upon us. Things I use to do, I donít do no more.

That why I say if you confess to be saved, your light should shine for you. What better way then accepting the Gospel of Jesus Christ in your life to prove you are saved. Itís easy to backside, thatís why we continue to pray and read the Bible. Iím not perfect, I ask God to give me a clean Heart. Help me to love all I see, and understand what I donít see. Help me to live the life that is worthy in Gods sight. Once I see the change in me, I can accept the change in you.

I want people to see the God in me, not wonder if I know God.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr hojo 543,118
After brutal persecution, Albania 'reopened' to... 10 hr Barbarian 4
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Aug '09) Fri Dan Dougherty 3
Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... Sep 18 Iglesia_Ni_Dinuguan 4
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... Sep 18 pazuzu 85
Edmonton's Coptic Christian community welcomes ... Sep 18 PAUL SHYKORA arts 1
Selfies with Pope Francis cardboard cutouts pop... Sep 10 ELIAS IBARRA 5
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE