United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ... Full Story
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#6873 Oct 4, 2013
If you follow the “Ten Commandments” Gods words, people will know you are saved by the way you carry yourself. Your light will shine for you. It doesn’t take much to serve God, its how we treat each other. That’s what being save should be about.
Egyptology

United States

#6874 Oct 5, 2013
also its in the bible somewhere i cant remember, that all you have to do to be save is by accepting jesus as your personal savior, no need for spitting up messing up your clothes and calling daddy, thats not in the bible, thats why when i was trapped in there i never received the holy ghost until i accepted jesus as my personal savior.
on another note a good book to read " he came and set the captives free" by Rebecca brown. this book talks about the thrown and how people want say they worship the devil but they call him master. I have only one master and that is Jesus Christ.
MSD

Smyrna, SC

#6875 Oct 5, 2013
know better now wrote:
<quoted text>I was just talking about this very thing this afternoon.Can someone help me with my question regarding the way the uhop teaches it's members to be saved.I would like to know is that also a form of being waveform is it wrong altogether. I'm Still somewhat confused because so many have claim receiving the holy ghost that way.Was it real IS it real. I know alot of Baptist believe that you just have to believe, except and confess with thou mouth you are saved and the holy ghost is already within you it just has to be manifested. Is the way the uhop seek a joke? I watched the video that was posted as well and according to it there's only one way tl be saved and the uhop way is not it. Can someone help?????
I posted a video amswering your question. The way the Hop seeks for the holy ghost is wrong along with the baptist religion. The is no such thing as the sinners prayer in the bible. Please watch the video if you haven't i pray it will help you! God Bless!
Maverick

New York, NY

#6876 Oct 5, 2013
@know better now:
I would say the only thing wrong about the way UHOP members receive the Holy Ghost is the name they call. I received the Holy Ghost by seeking for it in the name of Jesus. The scripture says on the day of Pentecost they were on one accord. I can't say they were on their knees calling "Jejejejejejesus" but for them to receive power from on high as Christ promised, they were no doubt praying, meditating, thinking on Jesus, talking about Jesus, maybe singing and perhaps even preaching. Who knows? But when the Father saw that they were ready (remember he told them to tarry so they had to wait for it), there came a sound from Heaven as of a RUSHING MIGHTY WIND that filled the house. A strong wind can move things. The tongues that appeared were as of fire. Fire burns. They began to testify in other languages. EVIDENCE that the spirit had arrived! I don't believe you can get this spirit, with fire and power by just treating people nice, wearing a smile and quietly proclaiming Jesus is Lord. You have to seek God, and do something to let him know you want him to move into your heart and to let the devil know you are evicting him for good. If Jesus had to endure the cross, the servant is no greater than his Lord. Why do some of us reject the effort it takes to get the Holy Ghost (for real) and just believe that saying, "Jesus is my Lord and personal savior!" means you're saved?
Maverick

New York, NY

#6877 Oct 5, 2013
know better now wrote:
<quoted text>I was just talking about this very thing this afternoon.Can someone help me with my question regarding the way the uhop teaches it's members to be saved.I would like to know is that also a form of being waveform is it wrong altogether. I'm Still somewhat confused because so many have claim receiving the holy ghost that way.Was it real IS it real. I know alot of Baptist believe that you just have to believe, except and confess with thou mouth you are saved and the holy ghost is already within you it just has to be manifested. Is the way the uhop seek a joke? I watched the video that was posted as well and according to it there's only one way tl be saved and the uhop way is not it. Can someone help?????
@know better now
I would say the only thing wrong about the way UHOP members receive the Holy Ghost is the name they call. I received the Holy Ghost by seeking for it in the name of Jesus. The scripture says on the day of Pentecost they were on one accord. I can't say they were on their knees calling "Jejejejejejesus" but for them to receive power from on high as Christ promised, they were no doubt praying, meditating, thinking on Jesus, talking about Jesus, maybe singing and perhaps even preaching. Who knows? But when the Father saw that they were ready (remember he told them to tarry so they had to wait for it), there came a sound from Heaven as of a RUSHING MIGHTY WIND that filled the house. A strong wind can move things. The tongues that appeared were as of fire. Fire burns. They began to testify in other languages. EVIDENCE that the spirit had arrived! I don't believe you can get this spirit, with fire and power by just treating people nice, wearing a smile and quietly proclaiming Jesus is Lord. You have to seek God, and do something to let him know you want him to move into your heart and to let the devil know you are evicting him for good. If Jesus had to endure the cross, the servant is no greater than his Lord. Why do some of us reject the effort it takes to get the Holy Ghost (for real) and just believe that saying, "Jesus is my Lord and personal savior!" means you're saved?
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#6878 Oct 5, 2013
Maverick wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe you can get this spirit, with fire and power by just treating people nice, wearing a smile and quietly proclaiming Jesus is Lord.
Is there a better way to show you have the spirit of God in you? I understand the point you are making my point was if you confess in having the Holy Ghost and proceed as normal is not the Holy Ghost. To be caught up in that moment should be a moment that stays with you for the rest of your life. How we treat each other is the test the Holy Spirit is still upon us. Things I use to do, I don’t do no more.

That why I say if you confess to be saved, your light should shine for you. What better way then accepting the Gospel of Jesus Christ in your life to prove you are saved. It’s easy to backside, that’s why we continue to pray and read the Bible. I’m not perfect, I ask God to give me a clean Heart. Help me to love all I see, and understand what I don’t see. Help me to live the life that is worthy in Gods sight. Once I see the change in me, I can accept the change in you.

I want people to see the God in me, not wonder if I know God.
Maverick

New York, NY

#6879 Oct 5, 2013
Gee-Tee wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there a better way to show you have the spirit of God in you? I understand the point you are making my point was if you confess in having the Holy Ghost and proceed as normal is not the Holy Ghost. To be caught up in that moment should be a moment that stays with you for the rest of your life. How we treat each other is the test the Holy Spirit is still upon us. Things I use to do, I don’t do no more.
That why I say if you confess to be saved, your light should shine for you. What better way then accepting the Gospel of Jesus Christ in your life to prove you are saved. It’s easy to backside, that’s why we continue to pray and read the Bible. I’m not perfect, I ask God to give me a clean Heart. Help me to love all I see, and understand what I don’t see. Help me to live the life that is worthy in Gods sight. Once I see the change in me, I can accept the change in you.
I want people to see the God in me, not wonder if I know God.
Point well taken. Once you have received the Holy Ghost, there should most definitely be a change and one that should last. I understand that there are many in the UHOP (& other churches) who shout and speak in tongue and then live un-Christ like lives. This is not God's will. We as Christians should do our best to let our lights shine as Jesus instructs Matthew 5:16. I only meant to answer the person who asked about the UHOP's way of seeking for the Holy Ghost. Also, let's not forget, there are plenty of non-Christians, aetheists even, who are nice people. Treating people nice is not enough. Jesus said that of the water and spirit, we MUST be born again. Be blessed, Gee-Tee and all.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#6880 Oct 5, 2013
Maverick wrote:
<quoted text>
Point well taken. Once you have received the Holy Ghost, there should most definitely be a change and one that should last. I understand that there are many in the UHOP (& other churches) who shout and speak in tongue and then live un-Christ like lives. This is not God's will. We as Christians should do our best to let our lights shine as Jesus instructs Matthew 5:16. I only meant to answer the person who asked about the UHOP's way of seeking for the Holy Ghost. Also, let's not forget, there are plenty of non-Christians, aetheists even, who are nice people. Treating people nice is not enough. Jesus said that of the water and spirit, we MUST be born again. Be blessed, Gee-Tee and all.
Thank you for understanding my point of view.
Eyes on Christ

United States

#6881 Oct 6, 2013
Maverick wrote:
@know better now:
@maverick...with all due respect. The day that your speaking of in the bible "day of pentecost" has nothing to do with receiving Gods spirit in the way in question. The day your speaking of is describing a true Miracle from God that jumped on the disciples. This miracle allows for the spreading of the gospel of Jesus Christ to many people of different languages.****I used to believe the same as you described but through extensive studying, I learned the real purpose behind that special day of occurrence. please refer to the video posted by MSD...it is helpful. Also understand that Galatians 5:22 are the evidence of Gods Holy spirit; placing emphasis on the breath of God.
Cultastic

Charlotte, NC

#6882 Oct 6, 2013
Eyes on Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
@maverick...with all due respect. The day that your speaking of in the bible "day of pentecost" has nothing to do with receiving Gods spirit in the way in question. The day your speaking of is describing a true Miracle from God that jumped on the disciples. This miracle allows for the spreading of the gospel of Jesus Christ to many people of different languages.****I used to believe the same as you described but through extensive studying, I learned the real purpose behind that special day of occurrence. please refer to the video posted by MSD...it is helpful. Also understand that Galatians 5:22 are the evidence of Gods Holy spirit; placing emphasis on the breath of God.
Very well said @Eyes On Christ. Many Pentecostal believers don't read Acts 2 in it's entirety for understanding. I would encourage brother @Maverick to read the chapter and pay close attention to versus 7-11. Out of respect for those who believe they have the holy ghost I won't expound on my view. However, we should be mindful that every converted believer in Christ in the bible didn't "tarry" or "speak in tongues". The modern practice of speaking in tongues is completely different than how it was defined/described in scripture.
Cultastic

Charlotte, NC

#6883 Oct 6, 2013
Egyptology wrote:
also its in the bible somewhere i cant remember, that all you have to do to be save is by accepting jesus as your personal savior, no need for spitting up messing up your clothes and calling daddy, thats not in the bible, thats why when i was trapped in there i never received the holy ghost until i accepted jesus as my personal savior.
on another note a good book to read " he came and set the captives free" by Rebecca brown. this book talks about the thrown and how people want say they worship the devil but they call him master. I have only one master and that is Jesus Christ.
@Egyptology you're likely referring to Romans 10:9-10

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Hope this helps
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#6884 Oct 6, 2013
Eyes on Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
One thing I can surely count on when I’m trying to show the logic in things people have said, one of you will back me up with the scriptures. Thank you for breaking this down. God Bless you all we truly are on the same page. The UHOP members have no clue how enlighten this blog really is.

Never in my life have the Bible been taught and explain in the way you, Cultastic, Hebrewsunite, MSD and many others that only goal is to teach us Gods Holy words has done. This is what’s missing in the UHOP. If the Bible was taught they would see the logic.

I can’t Thank you all enough, I’ve had my sermon for today and I didn’t have to leave my house nor pay a dime. I must admit I am not good on quoting scriptures like you all do, but one thing for sure when you all get through with me I will. My soul cries yes, you are truly the breads of Heaven; feed me till I want no more.
Egyptology

Jersey City, NJ

#6885 Oct 7, 2013
Cultastic wrote:
<quoted text>
@Egyptology you're likely referring to Romans 10:9-10
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Hope this helps
thank you
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

#6886 Oct 7, 2013
Cultastic wrote:
<quoted text>
Very well said @Eyes On Christ. Many Pentecostal believers don't read Acts 2 in it's entirety for understanding. I would encourage brother @Maverick to read the chapter and pay close attention to versus 7-11. Out of respect for those who believe they have the holy ghost I won't expound on my view. However, we should be mindful that every converted believer in Christ in the bible didn't "tarry" or "speak in tongues". The modern practice of speaking in tongues is completely different than how it was defined/described in scripture.
Absolutely! The entire message gets turned completely around and people wonder why their practices are illogical or bizarre; it is all due to not reading the entire chapter of the book. Cultastic, you and I both know growing up in the UHOP – there’s hardly ever sermons/Sunday School lessons starting at the top that worked down to the bottom of the chapter in full detail, teaching, and/or explanation which is now the root of the problems in the UHOP: Lack of study of Gods word and incomplete chapter reading. Acts 2 is a powerful chapter that reminds me that God is wise of all wise, and that he makes a way out of no way. This modern speaking tongues is another learned habit that trips over into blurring something that can be controlled but the belief that it “can’t be controlled” makes it bounce off the tongue into jibberish sounds. The real tongue speaking from God is, of course, a real language…real dialogue for the people who speak the language. Let’s just think for a second…why would God have us in a room talking jibberish and no one around to understand it; and if talking in tongue is to God only, as some would try to say in their clueless defense, what did God say back to you if you’re having a conversation with him? No protestant or Uhopian has been able to answer yet. If we read the entire chapter starting with Acts 1 and then Acts 2, we can get a full understanding from God. With this…. we can get a more clear understanding of his plans and learn how to “stop playing church” and get some real Christian followers who are determined to find the truth and share it! If you learn a new language (second language) then use that SECOND TONGUE and go SPREAD THE GOSPEL to those who SPEAK THAT TONGUE. And let’s “stop playing church”.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#6887 Oct 7, 2013
Eyes on Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely! The entire message gets turned completely around and people wonder why their practices are illogical or bizarre; it is all due to not reading the entire chapter of the book. Cultastic, you and I both know growing up in the UHOP – there’s hardly ever sermons/Sunday School lessons starting at the top that worked down to the bottom of the chapter in full detail, teaching, and/or explanation which is now the root of the problems in the UHOP: Lack of study of Gods word and incomplete chapter reading. Acts 2 is a powerful chapter that reminds me that God is wise of all wise, and that he makes a way out of no way. This modern speaking tongues is another learned habit that trips over into blurring something that can be controlled but the belief that it “can’t be controlled” makes it bounce off the tongue into jibberish sounds. The real tongue speaking from God is, of course, a real language…real dialogue for the people who speak the language. Let’s just think for a second…why would God have us in a room talking jibberish and no one around to understand it; and if talking in tongue is to God only, as some would try to say in their clueless defense, what did God say back to you if you’re having a conversation with him? No protestant or Uhopian has been able to answer yet. If we read the entire chapter starting with Acts 1 and then Acts 2, we can get a full understanding from God. With this…. we can get a more clear understanding of his plans and learn how to “stop playing church” and get some real Christian followers who are determined to find the truth and share it! If you learn a new language (second language) then use that SECOND TONGUE and go SPREAD THE GOSPEL to those who SPEAK THAT TONGUE. And let’s “stop playing church”.
Brilliant! Eyes on Christ!!!!!!!!!
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#6888 Oct 7, 2013
What is the distinctive plea of the church of Christ?
It is primarily a plea for religious unity based upon the Bible. In a divided religious world it is believed that the Bible is the only possible common denominator upon which most, if not all, of the God-fearing people of the land can unite. This is an appeal to go back to the Bible. It is a plea to speak where the Bible speak and to remain silent where the Bible is silent in all matters that pertain to religion. It further emphasizes that in everything religious there must be a "Thus saith the Lord" for all that is done. The objective is religious unity of all believers in Christ. The basis is the New Testament. The method is the restoration of New Testament Christianity.
Back to the top of the page

The Historical background of the Restoration Movement
One of the earliest advocates of the return to New Testament Christianity, as a means of achieving unity of all believers in Christ, was James O'Kelly of the Methodist Episcopal Church. In 1793 he withdrew from the Baltimore conference of his church and called upon others to join him in taking the Bible as the only creed. His influence was largely felt in Virginia and North Carolina where history records that some seven thousand communicants followed his leadership toward a return to primitive New Testament Christianity.
In 1802 a similar movement among the Baptists in New England was led by Abner Jones and Elias Smith. They were concerned about "denominational names and creeds" and decided to wear only the name Christian, taking Bible as their only guide. In 1804, in the western frontier state of Kentucky, Barton W. Stone and several other Presbyterian preachers took similar action declaring that they would take the Bible as the "only sure guide to heaven." Thomas Campbell, and his illustrious son, Alexander Campbell, took similar steps in the year 1809 in what is now the state of West Virginia. They contended that nothing should be bound upon Christians as a matter of doctrine which is not as old as the New Testament. Although these four movements were completely independent in their beginnings eventually they became one strong restoration movement because of their common purpose and plea. These men did not advocate the starting of a new church, but rather a return to Christ's church as described in the Bible.

Members of the church of Christ do not conceive of themselves as a new church started near the beginning of the 19th century. Rather, the whole movement is designed to reproduce in contemporary times the church originally established on Pentecost, A.D. 30. The strength of the appeal lies in the restoration of Christ's original church.

How many churches of Christ are there?
The most recent dependable estimate lists more than 15,000 individual churches of Christ. The "Christian Herald," a general religious publication which presents statistics concerning all the churches, estimates that the total membership of the churches of Christ is now 2,000,000. There are more than 7000 men who preach publicly. Membership of the church is heaviest in the southern states of the United States, particularly Tennessee and Texas, though congregations exist in each of the fifty states and in more than eighty foreign countries. Missionary expansion has been most extensive since the second World War in Europe, Asia and Africa. More than 450 full time workers are supported in foreign countries. The churches of Christ now have five times as many members as were reported in the U.S. Religious Census of 1936.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#6889 Oct 7, 2013
How are the churches organizationally connected?
Following the plan of organization found in the New Testament, churches of Christ are autonomous. Their common faith in the Bible and adherence to its teachings are the chief ties which bind them together. There is no central headquarters of the church, and no organization superior to the elders of each local congregation. Congregations do cooperate voluntarily in supporting the orphans and the aged, in preaching the gospel in new fields, and in other similar works.
Members of the church of Christ conduct forty colleges and secondary schools, as well as seventy-five orphanages and homes for the aged. There are approximately 40 magazines and other periodicals published by individual members of the church. A nationwide radio and television program, known as "The Herald of Truth" is sponsored by the Highland Avenue church in Abilene, Texas. Much of its annual budget of $1,200,000 is contributed on a free-will basis by other churches of Christ. The radio program is currently heard on more than 800 radio stations, while the television program is now appearing on more than 150 stations. Another extensive radio effort known as "World Radio" owns a network of 28 stations in Brazil alone, and is operating effectively in the United States and a number of other foreign countries, and is being produced in 14 languages. An extensive advertising program in leading national magazines began in November 1955.

There are no conventions, annual meetings, or official publications. The "tie that binds" is a common loyalty to the principles of the restoration of New Testament Christianity.

How are the churches of Christ governed?
In each congregation, which has existed long enough to become fully organized, there is a plurality of elders or presbyters who serve as the governing body. These men are selected by the local congregations on the basis of qualifications set down in the scriptures (1 Timothy 3:1-8). Serving under the elders are deacons, teachers, and evangelists or ministers. The latter do not have the authority equal to or superior to the elders. The elders are shepherds or overseers who serve under the headship of Christ according to the New Testament, which is a kind of constitution. There is no earthly authority superior to the elders of the local church.

What does the church ofBible?

Do members of the churches of Christ believe in the virgin birth?
Yes. The statement in Isaiah 7:14 is taken as a prophecy of the virgin birth of Christ. New Testament passages such as Matthew 1:20, 25, are accepted at face value as declarations of the virgin birth. Christ is accepted as the only begotten Son of God, uniting in his person perfect divinity and perfect manhood.

Does the church of Christ believe in predestination?
Only in the sense that God predestines the righteous to be eternally saved and the unrighteous to be eternally lost. The statement of the apostle Peter, "Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons, but in every nation he that feareth him and worketh righteousness is acceptable unto him" (Acts 10:34-35.) is taken as an evidence that God did not predestine individuals to be eternally saved or lost, but that each man determines his own destiny.

Why does the church of Christ baptize only by immersion?
The word baptize comes from the Greek word "baptizo" and literally means, "to dip, to immerse, to plunge." In addition to the literal meaning of the word, immersion is practiced because it was the practice of the church in apostolic times. Still further, only immersion conforms to the description of baptisms as given by the apostle Paul in Romans 6:3-5 where he speaks of it as a burial and resurrection.

MSD

Charlotte, NC

#6890 Oct 7, 2013
Is infant baptism practiced?
No. Only those who have reached the "age of accountability" are accepted for baptisms. It is pointed out that the examples given in the New Testament are always of those who have heard the gospel preached and have believed it. Faith must always precede baptism, so only those old enough to understand and believe the gospel are considered fit subjects for baptism.

Do ministers of the church hear confession?
No. Ministers or evangelists of the church have no special prerogatives. They do not wear the title of Reverend or Father, but are addressed simply by the term Brother as are all other men of the church. Along with elders and others they do counsel and advise those seeking help.

Are prayers addressed to the saints?
No. God the Father is considered the only one to whom the prayers may be addressed. It is further understood that Christ stands in a mediatorial position between God and man (Hebrews 7:25). All prayers are therefore offered through Christ, or in the name of Christ (John 16:23-26).

How often is the Lord's supper eaten?
It is expected that every member of the church will assemble for worship on each Lord's day. A central part of the worship is the eating of the Lord's supper (Acts 20:7). Unless providentially hindered, each member considers this weekly appointment as binding. In many instances, as in the case of illness, the Lord's supper is carried to those who are hindered from attending the worship.

What kind of music is used in the worship?
As a result of the distinctive plea of the church - a return to New Testament Faith and practice - acappella singing is the only music used in the worship. This singing, unaccompanied by mechanical instruments of music, conforms to the music used in the apostolic church and for several centuries thereafter (Ephesians 5:19). It is felt that there is no authority for engaging in acts of worship not found in the New Testament. This principle eliminates the use of instrumental music, along with the use of candles, incense, and other similar elements.

Does the church of Christ believe in heaven and hell?
Yes. The statement of Christ in Matthew 25, and elsewhere, are taken at face value. It is believed that after death each man must come before God in judgment and that he will be judged according to the deeds done while he lived (Hebrews 9:27). After judgment is pronounced he will spend eternity either in heaven or hell.

Does the church of Christ believe in purgatory?
No. The absence of any reference in the scriptures to the temporary place of punishment from which the soul will eventually be released into heaven prevents the acceptance of the doctrine of purgatory.

By what means does the church secure financial support?
Each first day of the week the members of the church "lay by in store as they have been prospered" (1 Corinthians 16:2). The amount of any individual gift is generally known only to the one who gave it and to the Lord. This free-will offering is the only call which the church makes. NO assessments or other levies are made. No money-making activities, such as bazaars or suppers, are engaged in. A total if approximately $200,000,000 is given on this basis each year.

Does the church of Christ have a creed?
No. At least, there is no creed in the usual sense of the word. The belief of the church is stated fully and completely in the Bible. There is no other manual or discipline to which the members of the church of Christ give their allegiance. The Bible is considered as the only infallible guide to heaven.

MSD

Charlotte, NC

#6891 Oct 7, 2013
How does one become a member of the church of Christ?
In the salvation of man's soul there are 2 necessary parts: God's part and man's part. God's part is the big part, "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift if God; not of works, that no man should glory" (Ephesians 2:8-9). The love which God felt for man led him to send Christ into the world to redeem man. The life and teaching of Jesus, the sacrifice on the cross, and the proclaiming of the gospel to men constitute God's part in salvation.
Though God's part is the big part, man's part is also necessary if man is to reach heaven. Man must comply with the conditions of pardon which the Lord has announced. Man's part can clearly set forth in the following steps:

Hear the Gospel. "How shall they call on him whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe him whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?" (Romans 10:14).

Believe. "And without faith it is impossible to be well pleasing unto him; for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that seek after him" (Hebrews 11:6).

Repent of past sins. "The times of ignorance therefore God overlooked; but now he commandeth men that they should all everywhere repent" (Acts 17:30).

Confess Jesus as Lord. "Behold here is water; What doth hinder me to be baptized ? And Philip said, if thou believeth with all thy heart thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God" (Acts 8:36-37).

Be baptized for the remission of sins. "And Peter said unto them, Repent ye, and be baptized everyone of you in the name of Jesus Christ unto the remission of your sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit" (Acts 2:38).

Live a Christian life. "Ye are an elect race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God's own possession, that ye may show forth the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light" (1 Peter 2:9).

OPEN INVITATION

Now that you are aware of a church in the 20th century which is built according to the blue prints of Christ's original church, why not become a member of it? In becoming a member of it, you will be called upon to do nothing which you cannot read in the New Testament. You will then live and worship just as the apostle-guided Christians of the first century did.
Not only is this return to New Testament Christianity a wonderful basis upon which all believers in Christ can unite, it is absolutely solid ground. If we do just what our Lord commanded we know that our salvation is certain. Come with us as we go back to the Bible, back to Christ and his church!

If you need help in locating a congregation of the churches of Christ nearest to you, please e-mail us at garcia@church-of-christ.org, and we will be more than happy to help you find one. No one from the church will call without your consent. Please come by and visit us soon. We care about you and your family.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#6892 Oct 7, 2013
Good morning everyone!

The 1st 2 postings I posted is about the church that you can find in the bible. We ALL need to be a part of this church, and come out of these MAN-MADE religions. God is coming back for only ONE church and it is not a building made by hand, brick and morter. It is the body of (people) who answer God's call (the plan of salvation). Please read this through. I hope this helps!

God Bless!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 34 min WasteWater 574,124
Most Americans see combating climate change as ... 10 hr Ed_Reid 4
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 21 hr Jaimie 83,958
Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... Sun Lawrence Wolf 2,021
Saudi effort to promote open society abroad in ... Feb 23 jinxi 3
9 Historical Events That Occurred on Christmas Day Feb 21 cupcake 1
Pope says Catholics must practice a responsible... Feb 20 amc 4
More from around the web