United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

Full story: www.topix.net

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ...

Comments (Page 332)

Showing posts 6,621 - 6,640 of7,646
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
MSD

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Judged:

Hebrewsunite wrote:
<quoted text>
Here ya go...
News
Charlotte man to purchase his first house with $750,000 lottery win
By: NCEL Wednesday, September 25, 2013
RALEIGH – Eric Baptist of Charlotte got an early birthday present on Tuesday as he claimed a $750,000 prize on his Jumbo Bucks ticket. Baptist, who turns 69 years old this week, plans to use the money to purchase a home for the first time in his life.
“We have been renting for years,” Baptist said.“I’ve always wanted a house of my own and now we can get it. I’m still trying to comprehend this. I’m just so grateful.”
On Sunday afternoon, Baptist and his wife decided to purchase a $10 Jumbo Bucks ticket at the Food Lion on Mt. Holly-Huntersville Road in Charlotte. After realizing they had won the game’s top prize, they drove to the lottery’s regional office in Charlotte on Monday to have their ticket verified.
“The whole time I kept thinking ‘It can’t be real.’ This sort of thing doesn’t happen to us,” Baptist said.“After they scanned the ticket, they told us we had to drive to Raleigh to claim the prize. This feels so great. It’s a wonderful blessing.”
Baptist said he also plans to use a portion of his winnings, worth $510,003 after state and federal taxes were withheld, to purchase a new car and share with his grandchildren. As of Wednesday afternoon, two top prizes remain to be claimed in the Jumbo Bucks game.
As of June 2013, the lottery has raised more than $2.9 billion to support education programs. Lottery dollars support teachers’ salaries in grades K-3, school construction and repair projects, prekindergarten programs for at-risk four-year-olds, college scholarships and financial aid based on need and digital learning initiatives.
To see how more than $210.9 million in lottery dollars have made a difference in Mecklenburg County, visit the "Where the Money Goes" page on the lottery's website.
Thanks Hebrewunite!
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Judged:

Hebrewsunite wrote:
<quoted text>
Here ya go...
News
Charlotte man to purchase his first house with $750,000 lottery win
By: NCEL Wednesday, September 25, 2013
RALEIGH – Eric Baptist of Charlotte got an early birthday present on Tuesday as he claimed a $750,000 prize on his Jumbo Bucks ticket. Baptist, who turns 69 years old this week, plans to use the money to purchase a home for the first time in his life.
“We have been renting for years,” Baptist said.“I’ve always wanted a house of my own and now we can get it. I’m still trying to comprehend this. I’m just so grateful.”
On Sunday afternoon, Baptist and his wife decided to purchase a $10 Jumbo Bucks ticket at the Food Lion on Mt. Holly-Huntersville Road in Charlotte. After realizing they had won the game’s top prize, they drove to the lottery’s regional office in Charlotte on Monday to have their ticket verified.
“The whole time I kept thinking ‘It can’t be real.’ This sort of thing doesn’t happen to us,” Baptist said.“After they scanned the ticket, they told us we had to drive to Raleigh to claim the prize. This feels so great. It’s a wonderful blessing.”
Baptist said he also plans to use a portion of his winnings, worth $510,003 after state and federal taxes were withheld, to purchase a new car and share with his grandchildren. As of Wednesday afternoon, two top prizes remain to be claimed in the Jumbo Bucks game.
As of June 2013, the lottery has raised more than $2.9 billion to support education programs. Lottery dollars support teachers’ salaries in grades K-3, school construction and repair projects, prekindergarten programs for at-risk four-year-olds, college scholarships and financial aid based on need and digital learning initiatives.
To see how more than $210.9 million in lottery dollars have made a difference in Mecklenburg County, visit the "Where the Money Goes" page on the lottery's website.
Thanks for sharing....so...how do you justify this as gambling has been a "NO NO" since forever in the UHOP? How does an Apostle preach about gambling, but gambles himself and calls his winning "a wonderful blessing". Clearly, this is not a good example....but then like any other type of situation in the UHOP...money is always the top speaker in the House! As a matter of fact, money takes up 90% of service time. Money talks, money leads, money moves, money makes the pastor approve a second shout! Wonder if this will be an issue for him by the Bishop?! Possibly! OR not, because it's MONEY....the real leader.
Hebrewsunite

Bothell, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

MSD wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Hebrewunite!
No problem my friend.
Egyptology

Concord, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Judged:

well they gamble in the uhop as well buy 3 tickets for $5 to when a $100 dollar cash prize hmmmmmmmm and i hope he dont give that money back he better enjoy it and set up his grandchildren's future its time out for all this struggling, he is 69 and never had a house come on. wake up
MSD

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Eyes on Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for sharing....so...how do you justify this as gambling has been a "NO NO" since forever in the UHOP? How does an Apostle preach about gambling, but gambles himself and calls his winning "a wonderful blessing". Clearly, this is not a good example....but then like any other type of situation in the UHOP...money is always the top speaker in the House! As a matter of fact, money takes up 90% of service time. Money talks, money leads, money moves, money makes the pastor approve a second shout! Wonder if this will be an issue for him by the Bishop?! Possibly! OR not, because it's MONEY....the real leader.
I totally agree!!!!!
Hebrewsunite

Bothell, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Judged:

Eyes on Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is a reality in the act of gambling, The HOP condones raffles that are a gamble, and the HOP turns a blind eye to the antics of raising “G” class, one of the single most destructive programs in the HOP. The Scriptures are pretty clear about gambling… the word and terms do not appear anywhere in the Scriptures;
Question: Is Gambling a Sin?
What Does the Bible Say About Gambling?
Surprisingly, the Bible contains no specific command to avoid gambling. However, the Bible does contain timeless principles for living a life pleasing to God and is filled with wisdom to deal with every situation, including gambling.

Every leisure activity is not a sin, but all sin is not clearly listed in the Bible. Added to that, God doesn't just want us not to sin, but he gives us an even higher goal. The Bible encourages us to consider our activities in this way:
"Everything is permissible for me"—but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible for me"—but I will not be mastered by anything.(1 Corinthians 6:12, NIV)
This verse appears again in 1 Corinthians 10:23, with the addition of this idea: "Everything is permissible"—but not everything is constructive." When an activity is not distinctly described as sin in the Bible, we can ask ourselves these questions: "Is this activity beneficial for me or will it become my master? Will participation in this activity be constructive or destructive to my Christian life and witness?"
http://christianity.about.com/od/whatdoestheb...

This is by no means the end of the topic but it does raise the questions on the $$$ antics of the HOP. The minister who won, owes the HOP nothing at all. Their belief in the idea that he owes the Circe something is totally misplaced. He has been blessed to move forward with clarity. The HOP’s sense of entitlement is sorely misplaced. These are the people who call their bishops daddy and give him every dime they can, to show him he they love him. NONE of this is covered by any Scriptures either…..
Helped By This Column

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Judged:

Eyes on Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing that would make the Bishop mad is if Apostle Baptist doesn't give him some!
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Judged:

Here I go again on things the UHOP should have done for its members. Why didn’t that Pastor have a house 69 years old and he’s still renting? When they re-build these Churches, a House was supposed to be built next door for the Pastor. Some of these Pastors live in Projects.

The UHOP Ministers sell their souls for these Bishops and get nothing in return. I hope this Pastor take every dime and run like hell. He doesn’t need Puffy trying to take away the blessing he just received. He wasn’t gambling, he took a chance on what life had to offer and he won. Hats off to you Pastor now take some of that money and invest in Common Sense. You owe the UHOP nothing.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Judged:

Hebrewsunite wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is a reality in the act of gambling, The HOP condones raffles that are a gamble, and the HOP turns a blind eye to the antics of raising “G” class, one of the single most destructive programs in the HOP. The Scriptures are pretty clear about gambling… the word and terms do not appear anywhere in the Scriptures;
Question: Is Gambling a Sin?
What Does the Bible Say About Gambling?
Surprisingly, the Bible contains no specific command to avoid gambling. However, the Bible does contain timeless principles for living a life pleasing to God and is filled with wisdom to deal with every situation, including gambling.
Every leisure activity is not a sin, but all sin is not clearly listed in the Bible. Added to that, God doesn't just want us not to sin, but he gives us an even higher goal. The Bible encourages us to consider our activities in this way:
"Everything is permissible for me"—but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible for me"—but I will not be mastered by anything.(1 Corinthians 6:12, NIV)
This verse appears again in 1 Corinthians 10:23, with the addition of this idea: "Everything is permissible"—but not everything is constructive." When an activity is not distinctly described as sin in the Bible, we can ask ourselves these questions: "Is this activity beneficial for me or will it become my master? Will participation in this activity be constructive or destructive to my Christian life and witness?"
http://christianity.about.com/od/whatdoestheb...
This is by no means the end of the topic but it does raise the questions on the $$$ antics of the HOP. The minister who won, owes the HOP nothing at all. Their belief in the idea that he owes the Circe something is totally misplaced. He has been blessed to move forward with clarity. The HOP’s sense of entitlement is sorely misplaced. These are the people who call their bishops daddy and give him every dime they can, to show him he they love him. NONE of this is covered by any Scriptures either…..
Here is a video I'd like to share on Gambling. This really put it into biblical perspective I hope this helps.

God bless

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Judged:

There’s nothing in the Bible that say, we all can’t be rich. Man wants to keep you poor so that you stay in line. You call it gambling, I call it a chance on life. Everything we do is a gamble. Why wait for Gods glory in Heaven, why not make earth our Heaven too. This is the first place God put us. This is our test, if we can make it on earth, Heaven will be a sure thing.

I’m living a good life and I want you all to do the same. Keep in mind,“If your Heart doesn’t condemn you, neither shall I, said the Lord. I love and enjoy reading the Bible; I use it as my guide. I don’t take anything that serious where I can’t enjoy what God has allowed. God wants all his children to enjoy the life he gave us. May God continue to Bless us all.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Judged:

I personally don’t view gambling as a sin. I view gambling with your soul in the UHOP as a sin. Life gives you chances to make things better. By getting a Higher Education you can get a better job, so that you can have a better way of living. Or you can take a chance and by a Lottery Ticket. Always remember life is WHAT you make it. Church views every thing as a sin. That’s so they can control your way of thinking. It’s a sin when Church is the only one benefiting from what you have.
Hebrewsunite

Bothell, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Judged:

Beloved MSD;

I am not a gambler & to be truthful I get nothing from it. His covetousness analogy really does not align with the game of winning money, people who engage in gambling who can’t afford it that gamble have to take accountability for that act. Our Adversary goes about as a roaring lion do understand, the banking industry, credit card industry, mortgage industry, the stock market; all have a platform of money lending that is usury and that is definitely takes more from people. When you see this incredible information although I have my own moral convictions about it I refrain from building a case against this issue and calling it a sin. It’s not the act of gambling that is at the crux of the matter but rather that this condition like many others overtake your soundness of mind and of thought. This can be true of many things. The vanity platform of Pvbs 13:11 sure sounds more like Hollywood rather than Las Vegas. I am not a gambler but I am careful not to extrapolate conditions out of the Scriptures as a result of my concepts. Very good video and incredible food for thought you are a gem my friend and many thanks for the clip.

Shaluwm~
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Judged:

Hebrewsunite wrote:
Beloved MSD;
I am not a gambler & to be truthful I get nothing from it. His covetousness analogy really does not align with the game of winning money, people who engage in gambling who can’t afford it that gamble have to take accountability for that act. Our Adversary goes about as a roaring lion do understand, the banking industry, credit card industry, mortgage industry, the stock market; all have a platform of money lending that is usury and that is definitely takes more from people. When you see this incredible information although I have my own moral convictions about it I refrain from building a case against this issue and calling it a sin. It’s not the act of gambling that is at the crux of the matter but rather that this condition like many others overtake your soundness of mind and of thought. This can be true of many things. The vanity platform of Pvbs 13:11 sure sounds more like Hollywood rather than Las Vegas. I am not a gambler but I am careful not to extrapolate conditions out of the Scriptures as a result of my concepts. Very good video and incredible food for thought you are a gem my friend and many thanks for the clip.
Shaluwm~
Yes, MSD is and so are you, Hebrewsunite. Both your points are well taken and very good. I have to agree...although, I'm not a gambler. I don't condemn it either, but I do disagree with pastors preaching against it and then praising it when they become a recipient. Gee Tee made a nice point about others preaching to the people holding them back from living while they keep gaining and moving forward. Apostle Baptist could have very well needed the money, I'm sure. But don't talk both sides of the fence it confuses the members; and many are bending over backwards broke trying to obey the words of the ranking pastors and rich bishop. That's awful...Gee Tee...I feel you.
Hebrewsunite

Bothell, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Judged:

Eyes on Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, MSD is and so are you, Hebrewsunite. Both your points are well taken and very good. I have to agree...although, I'm not a gambler. I don't condemn it either, but I do disagree with pastors preaching against it and then praising it when they become a recipient. Gee Tee made a nice point about others preaching to the people holding them back from living while they keep gaining and moving forward. Apostle Baptist could have very well needed the money, I'm sure. But don't talk both sides of the fence it confuses the members; and many are bending over backwards broke trying to obey the words of the ranking pastors and rich bishop. That's awful...Gee Tee...I feel you.
Excellent point dearest EOC but this is the mantra of the Christian preacher talking with a fork tongue.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Judged:

They have an old saying, Scared Gamblers can’t win, on my trips to Vegas I play big time. I take my 10.00 worth of pennies and I have a good time. If my ten dollars goes so do I. If I stay a week and I lose my ten dollars up front, that’s it for my gambling. If I win that’s it for my gambling too. But I make sure I have a good time watching others lose their money.
Helped By This Column

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Soooooooo, why did the UHOP turn the kitchen over at Madison Saints Paradise to Perkins Restaurant?
MSD

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Helped By This Column wrote:
Soooooooo, why did the UHOP turn the kitchen over at Madison Saints Paradise to Perkins Restaurant?
What!?!
Cultastic

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Helped By This Column wrote:
Keep watching there's more to come.....
MSD

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Cultastic wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep watching there's more to come.....
Seems like somebody is trying to hide something....Hmmmmm! Don't they charge tax on the food in DC?? I can't remember, but they church claims exemption..........o_O *Blank Stare* Can you say double dipping????
Organized religion

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

I think it is hilarious that 3 weeks ago some members thought Apostle Baptist was one of the greatest pastors. Now according to some of those same members this man has all but burned down an orphanage on Christmas day.

What difference does it make who bought the ticket? Was he being a hypocrite telling members not to gamble and he and family were buying lottery tickets, or like someone else buying raffle tickets at the HOP…..YES…. But isn’t that the norm in the HOP?

How many of those same preachers preach against fornication and turn right around and commit adultery.

How many have preached against stealing from God by not paying tithes and yet at the end of the year their books don’t equal out and no one knows what happened to the missing money.

I heard he retired…. If so, good for him. You expected this man to give his winnings to charity because…………..????

Here’s a question, did he pay tithes and if so did the self –righteous HOP accept the money?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 6,621 - 6,640 of7,646
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••