United House of Prayer for All People...

United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

There are 9687 comments on the www.topix.net story from Apr 7, 2008, titled United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot.... In it, www.topix.net reports that:

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.topix.net.

Cultastic

Charlotte, NC

#6773 Oct 1, 2013
Helped By This Column wrote:
Soooooooo, why did the UHOP turn the kitchen over at Madison Saints Paradise to Perkins Restaurant?
Keep watching there's more to come.....
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#6774 Oct 1, 2013
Cultastic wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep watching there's more to come.....
Seems like somebody is trying to hide something....Hmmmmm! Don't they charge tax on the food in DC?? I can't remember, but they church claims exemption..........o_O *Blank Stare* Can you say double dipping????
Organized religion

Philadelphia, PA

#6775 Oct 1, 2013
I think it is hilarious that 3 weeks ago some members thought Apostle Baptist was one of the greatest pastors. Now according to some of those same members this man has all but burned down an orphanage on Christmas day.

What difference does it make who bought the ticket? Was he being a hypocrite telling members not to gamble and he and family were buying lottery tickets, or like someone else buying raffle tickets at the HOP…..YES…. But isn’t that the norm in the HOP?

How many of those same preachers preach against fornication and turn right around and commit adultery.

How many have preached against stealing from God by not paying tithes and yet at the end of the year their books don’t equal out and no one knows what happened to the missing money.

I heard he retired…. If so, good for him. You expected this man to give his winnings to charity because…………..????

Here’s a question, did he pay tithes and if so did the self –righteous HOP accept the money?
Cultastic

Charlotte, NC

#6776 Oct 1, 2013
The Government shut down. The IRS has it's sights on the UHOP. Israel is talking of military conflict with Iran. The US has it's eyes on Syria. Brother Baptist better take his winnings, say a nice lord forgive me for lying to these people and enjoy his life.. LOL

Has anybody seen the mighty Brother @Lorenzo?

I'm in Charlotte right now. Maybe I should stop by the Convocation to hear a word from Brother Bailey. Maybe he has some encouraging words in the wake of the current state of affairs in our world. Since the Government is shutdown maybe his club will close for business. Maybe he'll offer free meals to members who are struggling to make ends meet in this failing economy. Maybe he'll close some of the churches that are in close proximity and combine them into one. They could save money on monthly expenses. It makes sense because most of them are never filled to capacity, and membership numbers are on the decline. Maybe he could pull back on the nightly services and teach people his method of serving GOD since he doesn't attend service nightly.

Maybe I'm giving him too much credit. I'll just continue to enlighten my sisters and brothers.
AGAPE
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#6777 Oct 1, 2013
I was just going through my old lessons and this one was one of my favorites. I just wanted to share this with you all especially since the time is fitting.....

Daily Word 1/20/12-by Craige Lewis.

January 20, 2012 at 9:00am

Proverbs 11:11 –‘By the blessing of the upright the city is exalted: but it is overthrown by the mouth of the wicked.’

Things have to change in 2012. People have to open their eyes and see what is really going on. The hype message won't work this year, because there is a crisis in the land and it is exposing the agenda of the false prophets. They lied to us all while the getting was good and preached that 2011 was the year of growth, wealth, and financial independence, and yet they are downsizing their staffs and letting employees go? They didn't see this bad economy coming and they wanted to pretend it was not going to happen, but it has. You see, when the music concerts and plays/dramas stop, the truth has to be dealt with and many of our pastors are not equipped to hear from God for real and preach the truth! They know how to entertain and bring a sermon, but do they really know how to prophetically prepare for the coming turmoil of our nation? Now many are cutting corners and trying to make ends meet and some are using get rich schemes and totally distorting the Gospel message of Christ. What happened to the plenty, the financial blessing, and the harvest? I have news for you people of God, if you have been standing for the truth and righteousness, don't worry, you will have plenty. If you have stood up for the right thing and shunned the false thing, you will be blessed in this hour. 2012 is the year that will separate the real from the fake. No longer will folks just sit under a homosexual pastor, preacher, or choir director and allow them to totally suck the spiritual life out of them. We can't sit back and just be entertained and you cannot entertain away the pain! Folks need God now and it takes those that really know how to get to him to stand in this hour. We can't sit under pastors and preachers that are for the money and not the lives any longer.

God is separating and starting with the church so I encourage you to pray and fast until you hear from God about your situation this year. I'm not talking about laying off of sweets and sodas for a couple of days but I'm talking about really pushing the entire plate away, turning off the entertainment and hearing the voice of God. We have wasted so much time chasing these false prophets of Baal and these mega church messes. It's time to find out where your meals will be coming from for real. The day of the Bishop flying in the jets, flossing on the Oprah show, and living the life of a rock star, while the congregation suffers from lack of Spiritual nourishment is over. That won't work in this hour people. People need a real Word, a real relationship with God and some real answers from the Sunday sermon! They need pastors that have good marriages, good children, and success in their own homes to lead them in the time of lack and turmoil. God is putting an end to the game and he is transferring the wealth in this final hour to those that have been faithful to stand for him. Don't sow another dime to a ministry that is lead by a carnal, selfish leader. If they are not leading Spiritually, then they are not your spiritual leader! Open your eyes saints. The hour is late. If you want a new beginning and God's favor in 2012, do what he says and you will be sustained!
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#6778 Oct 1, 2013
Looks like not everyone has a negative reply to Apostle Baptist winning the lotto....check out this comment from the news clipping.

St. Liz Davis wrote: Congratulation to the Baptist family it could not happen to a more deserving person.- See more at: http://thesnaponline.com/regional/x1836121351...
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#6779 Oct 1, 2013
I don’t like to dwell too much on what is a sin and what is not. I like for everyone to enjoy the life God gave to us, especially the young.

Everyone view sinful things differently. If you believe you have done something sinful, look up and say, Lord forgive me. Once you ask God to forgive what you and only you viewed as something sinful go on and enjoy the rest of your life. You know right from wrong, exercise that knowledge.

Why do you think God said he would forgive our sins? God knew as long as we are tempted we will sin. Don’t let the word sin consume your life. I will never believe God condemns us to hell without giving us a chance to repent.

God has allowed us to experience so many things man had the ability to create. Don’t let anyone that’s to narrow minded to accept change hinder you from all the things God has allowed. If you spend too much time on trying to figure out what a sin is, you just might miss out on something beautiful.

I can’t stress enough for you to enjoy your life. There is no second chance to live your life over. Keep God in your Heart and he wont lead you into harmful situations. You will know when you did something you think God requires you to ask him for forgiveness. We are here to help each order not hinder.

Most of those that can point out your sins of how you are enjoying your life have never looked into a mirror. If we spent as much time correcting what we view as a sin in ourselves, we wouldn’t have time to correct the sins we see in you.

Accept what God allows, he’s the only one you have to answer to.

Peace to all.
For me

Charlotte, NC

#6780 Oct 1, 2013
Very well said Gee Tee.
Helped by this Column

Charlotte, NC

#6781 Oct 1, 2013
Cultastic wrote:
The Government shut down. The IRS has it's sights on the UHOP. Israel is talking of military conflict with Iran. The US has it's eyes on Syria. Brother Baptist better take his winnings, say a nice lord forgive me for lying to these people and enjoy his life.. LOL
Has anybody seen the mighty Brother @Lorenzo?
I'm in Charlotte right now. Maybe I should stop by the Convocation to hear a word from Brother Bailey. Maybe he has some encouraging words in the wake of the current state of affairs in our world. Since the Government is shutdown maybe his club will close for business. Maybe he'll offer free meals to members who are struggling to make ends meet in this failing economy. Maybe he'll close some of the churches that are in close proximity and combine them into one. They could save money on monthly expenses. It makes sense because most of them are never filled to capacity, and membership numbers are on the decline. Maybe he could pull back on the nightly services and teach people his method of serving GOD since he doesn't attend service nightly.
Maybe I'm giving him too much credit. I'll just continue to enlighten my sisters and brothers.
AGAPE
Thank you. I actually find myself thirsty for words from you (and Gee Tee, MSD, and many other contributors on this site.) Again, thank you and be blessed.
Cultastic

Charlotte, NC

#6782 Oct 1, 2013
Helped by this Column wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you. I actually find myself thirsty for words from you (and Gee Tee, MSD, and many other contributors on this site.) Again, thank you and be blessed.
Dearest sister thank you for your kind words. I must let you know that the GOD in you has already planted the seeds of truth. Nothing I can say will outweigh what the Most High has already put in your spirit and conscious. I'm simply restating what you already know to be true as it relates to the UHOP machine. As the incomparable Gee-Tee has said many times serving GOD is not a hard task. The mental chains of man made doctrines and dogmas are what make serving the Creator difficult.

Let's use an example. If you confront an individual who is your physical equal but he/she has a weapon and you don't it increases the fear. You're likely to concede. It's the same with mental confrontation. When we are confronted by "religious" men who are our mental equal but they possess religious titles like Daddy, Bishop, Apostle (holy weapons of oppression), etc. that same spirit of fear is invoked. We don't view them as normal men. We believe they know something that we don't. You can read and understand any book ever published except the bible is what you're conditioned to believe. Ironically, many "preachers" (and I use that title loosely) understand that and they use it to their advantage. Therefore, we concede to the "religious" oppressor against our own GOD given better judgement.

I find it interesting that most of what Brother Bailey says contradicts what the GOD in most members instructs them to do. I'm going to be bold and say NONE of the UHOP sisters and brothers that I know would take $2,000 every couple of months from their black sisters and brothers in this struggling economy. Especially when it is believed that the organization is "wealthy". Yet we trust a black man who "honestly robs" (read that again) his sisters and brothers simply because he claims that a "GOD" told him to do so. Clearly GOD needs our worthless paper money in order to establish "works" for him to bless us (insert sarcasm). Diamonds, gold, cattle, produce, the list goes on in terms of the wealth of the land that the Creator has given us. Yet we have let a Daddy convince us that GOD wants a piece of paper that was created by men who didn't even believe in him. Does GOD want it or do you want it Brother Bishop?

It's simple when we know better we do better. GOD is in us regardless to the church building we frequent. Society and men have created this monetary system that we rely on for basic survival. Brother Bishop(s)/Daddy have a basic understanding of heaven on earth while they literally sale us the promise of an after life. Food for thought.
Eyes Wide Open

Concord, CA

#6783 Oct 2, 2013
Cultastic wrote:
<quoted text>
Dearest sister thank you for your kind words. I must let you know that the GOD in you has already planted the seeds of truth. Nothing I can say will outweigh what the Most High has already put in your spirit and conscious. I'm simply restating what you already know to be true as it relates to the UHOP machine. As the incomparable Gee-Tee has said many times serving GOD is not a hard task. The mental chains of man made doctrines and dogmas are what make serving the Creator difficult.
Let's use an example. If you confront an individual who is your physical equal but he/she has a weapon and you don't it increases the fear. You're likely to concede. It's the same with mental confrontation. When we are confronted by "religious" men who are our mental equal but they possess religious titles like Daddy, Bishop, Apostle (holy weapons of oppression), etc. that same spirit of fear is invoked. We don't view them as normal men. We believe they know something that we don't. You can read and understand any book ever published except the bible is what you're conditioned to believe. Ironically, many "preachers" (and I use that title loosely) understand that and they use it to their advantage. Therefore, we concede to the "religious" oppressor against our own GOD given better judgement.
I find it interesting that most of what Brother Bailey says contradicts what the GOD in most members instructs them to do. I'm going to be bold and say NONE of the UHOP sisters and brothers that I know would take $2,000 every couple of months from their black sisters and brothers in this struggling economy. Especially when it is believed that the organization is "wealthy". Yet we trust a black man who "honestly robs" (read that again) his sisters and brothers simply because he claims that a "GOD" told him to do so. Clearly GOD needs our worthless paper money in order to establish "works" for him to bless us (insert sarcasm). Diamonds, gold, cattle, produce, the list goes on in terms of the wealth of the land that the Creator has given us. Yet we have let a Daddy convince us that GOD wants a piece of paper that was created by men who didn't even believe in him. Does GOD want it or do you want it Brother Bishop?
It's simple when we know better we do better. GOD is in us regardless to the church building we frequent. Society and men have created this monetary system that we rely on for basic survival. Brother Bishop(s)/Daddy have a basic understanding of heaven on earth while they literally sale us the promise of an after life. Food for thought.
Cultastic, you've done it again. Simply brilliant!!
Helped By This Column

Charlotte, NC

#6784 Oct 2, 2013
Cultastic wrote:
<quoted text>
All I can say is wow, just wow! Common sense. I love it.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#6785 Oct 2, 2013
Hey everybody!!!!

I wonder who's going to get slapped or embarrassed in counsel this year?! SMH! Does anybody know if Baptist is still the pastor of #2? I wonder if he's going to be stuck out this year?
Helped By This Column

Charlotte, NC

#6786 Oct 2, 2013
MSD wrote:
Hey everybody!!!!
I wonder who's going to get slapped or embarrassed in counsel this year?! SMH! Does anybody know if Baptist is still the pastor of #2? I wonder if he's going to be stuck out this year?
ROFL!
Hebrewsunite

Everett, WA

#6787 Oct 2, 2013
MSD wrote:
Hey everybody!!!!
Apostle Baptist was given an ultimatum by his bishop;

1. Return the winnings
2. Give the winning to charity (aka The HOP)
3. Keep the winnings and give up your license to preach.
Cultastic

Charlotte, NC

#6788 Oct 2, 2013
Hebrewsunite wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Return the winnings
I was waiting for someone else to post this truth brother @Hebrewsunite. I hope he takes option #3. Take the money and run for the hills. Ball up that useless Elder's letter/credential and throw it at Brother Bishop. I could care less about the lies he "preached" LOL.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#6789 Oct 2, 2013
Hebrewsunite wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Return the winnings
Are you serious!!!!!!!!!! I would hope he chose door #3....LOL He's been a pastor for almost 40 years I think it's time to jump off that wagon.
Egyptology

Jersey City, NJ

#6790 Oct 2, 2013
we will find out tonight he will be at #2
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#6791 Oct 2, 2013
Egyptology wrote:
we will find out tonight he will be at #2
What so that means he's going there to handle that specifically!
Egyptology

Concord, CA

#6792 Oct 2, 2013
from what i heard he only stop at a few houses this week monday he was at first ward and huntersville today biddleville and #2 but he might handle it tonight somebody i know will tell me cause i wont be there. they have limited parking spaces

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 57 min Estelle 603,772
News Archbishop assails Trump over birthright citize... 2 hr Asian Guy 11
News Pope eases church rule on abortion forgiveness 5 hr Redeemed 45
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 12 hr Mr_SKY 84,435
News Pope: Priests in Holy Year can absolve - sin of... Wed Catholic24 8
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory Aug 30 Paul Porter1 421
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 26 Belle Sexton 3
More from around the web