United House of Prayer for All People...

United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

There are 10646 comments on the www.topix.net story from Apr 7, 2008, titled United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot.... In it, www.topix.net reports that:

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.topix.net.

Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

#6630 Sep 23, 2013
know better now wrote:
I am so relieved to know that i'm not alone
No, you are not alone. And you have many new believers and long-time believers in Jesus who is ready to help you along the way. Welcome!
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

#6631 Sep 23, 2013
MSD wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Eyes on Christ! I am so glad you enjoyed the video's, it is so amazing how simple it is to serve Christ and his word is true! We don't have to put on a performance of any kind just live our lives faithfully until death, Rom. 12:1-2; Rev. 2:10. But 1st we must make sure we put on Christ (in baptism) and are in His body ( the church). My heart goes out to all of the people who remain in the HOP just knowing that their souls are at stake and in the hands of a man who doesn't care about them. I pray that more people will be delivered from the HOP!
I hope that one day you and I can meet of line I would love to talk with you in more depth.
God Bless
Exactly, many churches are about the entertainment and not practcing bible principles; it's a show. I would love to meet you, MSD. Email me at [email protected]
I know better now

Norcross, GA

#6632 Sep 23, 2013
This is for all the present members today.... I honestly am not trying to bash the UHOP. I was once very much like you. I loved the HOP but like anything else you wouldn't support a cause that you knew nothing about would you? It's no different than being in a classroom and your teacher has touch down on a subject that is puzzling to you. Well only a dummy would sit in that class and pretend to knw when really they don't. What would you do? You would raise ur hand and say that you don't understand right? Well that's what you should do... listen folks for the most I think that alot of us are venting here. For so many years we have not been able to get straight answers about our concerns WHY DO WE DO THIS AND THAT? I knw I've been searching for more than 25 myself. It seems as if it's all about the money. I have read some post from the beginning up until now and I have YET to get a reasonable answer for some of the questions and or concerns that former members have. So if you care to enlighten us please do.....please don't get angry because we question THE UHOP practices. We are suppose to know right? Well I don't. I've had reservations for as long as I can remember and I guess for maybe the last 15 yrs or so been brave enough to start speaking up and out. 1Timothy 6:10 says that for the love of money is the root of evil and it seems to me that's exactly what has happen in the UHOP it has been and is corrupted . Know amount of money is gonna get you to HEAVEN. Active UHOP members please help me to understand if you will.#1 question is where old where is all that money going to?? Please don't say towards the building of more HOP. If I'm wrong I'd be the first to admit it. Understand I'm just looking for the truth GOD BLESS
Eyes Wide Open

Concord, CA

#6633 Sep 23, 2013
I know better now wrote:
#1 question is where old where is all that money going to?? Please don't say towards the building of more HOP. If I'm wrong I'd be the first to admit it. Understand I'm just looking for the truth GOD BLESS
It's going to that $1.3mil custom Maybach and the Suburbans the henchmen drive. Yes, I have grown to call G-Class, Love gift etc, The Maybach Fund.
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

#6634 Sep 23, 2013
I know better now wrote:
This is for all the present members today.... I honestly am not trying to bash the UHOP. I was once very much like you. I loved the HOP but like anything else you wouldn't support a cause that you knew nothing about would you? It's no different than being in a classroom and your teacher has touch down on a subject that is puzzling to you. Well only a dummy would sit in that class and pretend to knw when really they don't. What would you do? You would raise ur hand and say that you don't understand right? Well that's what you should do... listen folks for the most I think that alot of us are venting here. For so many years we have not been able to get straight answers about our concerns WHY DO WE DO THIS AND THAT? I knw I've been searching for more than 25 myself. It seems as if it's all about the money. I have read some post from the beginning up until now and I have YET to get a reasonable answer for some of the questions and or concerns that former members have. So if you care to enlighten us please do.....please don't get angry because we question THE UHOP practices. We are suppose to know right? Well I don't. I've had reservations for as long as I can remember and I guess for maybe the last 15 yrs or so been brave enough to start speaking up and out. 1Timothy 6:10 says that for the love of money is the root of evil and it seems to me that's exactly what has happen in the UHOP it has been and is corrupted . Know amount of money is gonna get you to HEAVEN. Active UHOP members please help me to understand if you will.#1 question is where old where is all that money going to?? Please don't say towards the building of more HOP. If I'm wrong I'd be the first to admit it. Understand I'm just looking for the truth GOD BLESS
You are with deepest sincerety, I'm sure. But, do you really believe that the members really know? And....those who do know, do you think they will reply to your question? Here is some real advice for you, I know better now, use your biblical common sense. The answer is within you. You already know how the money is spent. There's two important optional answers: Properly or improperly. Which do you believe? Waste no more time on where the money is going. it will frustrate you. Focus on studying and sharing the gospel you've learned. You will have a whole lot more to compare in your new findings.
I know better now

Norcross, GA

#6635 Sep 23, 2013
WHY do we call him daddy? I've heard everything from it's a pet name to if he hasn't did anything for you then you don't have to call him dad. Some of the most ridiculous answers I've ever heard ...Wow. I've witness people caught up in the holy spirit shouting all ova the church speaking and everything. 10 mins later they outside fighting. Now you tell me what kind of holy ghost is that? I asked a up and coming preacher about that and he said he said the same thing tht if that was the holy ghost he wanted no part of it... but as he studied he told me that GOD does not dwell in an unclean temple. WOOOOAH is what I thought to myself. So yes ma'am and yes sir I have to know these things for myself cause after all we are talking bout people's lives and theirs souls. I want to go to HEAVEN period and I just don't think that I have to be on the usher board or daddy's club or have 4&5 floors on g class whateva the heck that means to get there. I can't ever concentrate on the spirit for somebody always tapping me on the shoulder asking if I got offering for this or that SO OVER IT
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#6637 Sep 23, 2013
I know better now wrote:
So glad you know better now, we hear you, yet for every one of us that have open our eyes you still have those who refuse to see. Just the other day I said something about Puffy and the Money to another UHOP member again.(I guess I will never learn to keep my big mouth shut). Anyway the hate that was spewed out of this member mouth people around us had to ask him if he was sure he was a Christian.

Anytime you get to a point where you feel you have to fight someone in order to defend your Bishop, something is not right. I truly understood this brother, because I was once in his shoes. Now I know the only reason I got so mad when someone spoke ill of the UHOP was because I couldn’t defend it.

I use to say Puffy was the wrong Man for this seat, I now says he’s the right one. If it wasn’t for his arrogance no one would have ever started to question. He’s so sure of his position he doesn’t see the coup forming all around him. There’s a lot of disgruntle members but they truly believe obedience is better then a sacrifice, something the drilled in our heads from birth. Welcome to this board.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#6638 Sep 23, 2013
I know better now wrote:
WHY do we call him daddy?
If you can, take some time and read our pass post. A lot of these questions you are asking we have broke them down.

Like Eyes on Christ has said, I too say stop dwelling on the where, what, and why’s, now that you know better continue to move on. You already know the answers to all these questions but it’s hard to believe them. I hear the hurt of betrayal in your voice, it will get better.
I know better now

Norcross, GA

#6639 Sep 23, 2013
Eyes on Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
You are with deepest sincerety, I'm sure. But, do you really believe that the members really know? And....those who do know, do you think they will reply to your question? Here is some real advice for you, I know better now, use your biblical common sense. The answer is within you. You already know how the money is spent. There's two important optional answers: Properly or improperly. Which do you believe? Waste no more time on where the money is going. it will frustrate you. Focus on studying and sharing the gospel you've learned. You will have a whole lot more to compare in your new findings.
Thank you so much (:
I know better now

Norcross, GA

#6640 Sep 23, 2013
Gee-Tee wrote:
<quoted text>
If you can, take some time and read our pass post. A lot of these questions you are asking we have broke them down.
Like Eyes on Christ has said, I too say stop dwelling on the where, what, and why’s, now that you know better continue to move on. You already know the answers to all these questions but it’s hard to believe them. I hear the hurt of betrayal in your voice, it will get better.
yes I do know the answers... I've known for many years now. I guess I'm somewhat asking myself could I be wrong but I knw I'm not. Thank you all. It's so refreshing to have someone who thinks the same as you and be vocal about it. Just knowing I'm not crazy and it's others that feel just like I do. I will say PEACE to that..!
Im Just Sayin

Chesapeake, VA

#6641 Sep 23, 2013
I would like to know [email protected] eyes on christ and all the other former members what did it for you guys what was the last straw that brought you out?????
For me it was years ago in Washington, D.C. when Bishop McCollough boldly declared that he was our Jesus. I was really into the House of Prayer back then, even after hearing about some of the shady goings-on behind the scenes. But something in me KNEW what he said that day was just WRONG. And so I gradually quit attending services and then stopped altogether. I did receive some support from relatives who had left before I did, but this was a journey I had to make for myself. I can't thank God enough for His grace and mercy while I "detoxed" from the UHOP. He brought me through and He is going to do the same for you. God bless you as you begin this journey. You will never regret it.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#6642 Sep 23, 2013
Im Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
For me it was years ago in Washington, D.C. when Bishop McCollough boldly declared that he was our Jesus.
That remark stuck in my head also. I turned around and ask someone did I hear him right, I thought I heard it wrong. I told you many times UHOP members never heard these Bishops. They were so caught up in the Man; they missed the points they was saying and they were all wrong. I blamed us members for these Men behavior, we never made them accountable. That power over us really made these Men feel like Gods. We lived and breathed these Daddies.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#6643 Sep 24, 2013
"No rules, no religion
I've made my decision
To run to You –
The healer that I need"~~Tamela Mann

^^^ The following excerpt from the song Take Me to the King is part of the reason he doesn't want our UHOP sisters and brothers to sing that song. He understands that people are getting tired of the religious games. People are starting to realize that they can go straight to the Creator without the aid of a pimping preacher. That is a threat to his empire. In the first verse of the song she uses the phrase:"I'm all churched out." I can see exactly why he shut it down LOL.

Sorry to inform you brother Bishop current and brothers Bishops future the people are starting to get it now. It's simple, we are the assembly. The "church" is in us. We don't need your bricks, figurative mountains, gigantic pictures in our face, and definitely not membership into your club to get to the Creator. Your oppressive holy traditions and practices are starting to take the simple joy out of the worship experience. To say it plainly they are useless.

The black church used to be our "hospital". Where do you turn when the "hospital" is misdiagnosing or ignoring the obvious problems and handing out prescriptions for holy medicines that don't work?
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#6644 Sep 24, 2013
I won't reveal my source but I was recently informed about a sermon where Bishop Belly made remarks in which he likened himself to a Master (sent from GOD of course) and metaphorically compared the members to "dogs" that he has on a leash (because that's what GOD wants him to do of course). He went on to say that if the dog walks too far ahead or behind it's master he/she can be choked by the leash. Basically the analogy translates to there are consequences for not obeying your spiritual master you "UHOP dogs". <<< Read that thought carefully.

He was bold enough to say that if you don't do what he says do GOD will punish you. He also said to separate from "those who fight against him". Well I ask a very simple question. My mother was very obedient to brother Bishop even when she didn't agree with him; why did cancer abruptly end her life and not take the life of the vile and evil men who took the innocence of so many young girls in the name of GOD/religion?

She obeyed him without question even before her husband (check your wedding vows). Why couldn't he (Brother Bishop) intervene on her behalf to his GOD to spare her life, especially since he claims to have the ability to go to GOD if/when our "works" are in order. My mom was a subservient puppy to her master (Daddy) in the context of the metaphor. Had she survived it would have been a victory for the man who prescribed the blessed fried cat fish, blessed water, and endorsed her last pilgrimage to the UHOP mecca (LA). In contrast, in her undying loyalty to Brother Bishop and his dogmas the explanation of her untimely death is simply "GOD's will". He would never admit that his instructions didn't work and couldn't save her.

To be clear I don't blame brother Bishop or the UHOP for anything. I'm just bringing up a personal example for discussion and sharing my thoughts in case somebody else goes through a similar experience. Keeping in line with the theme of metaphors and not sermons let us remember that master turned the dogs on the slaves when they went against him. The slaves and the dogs were equal in master's eyes. Wait, maybe the dogs were more valuable than the slaves in master's eyes. Food for thought
I know better now

Norcross, GA

#6645 Sep 24, 2013
Good morning ! I hope that everyone has a blessed day (:
I know better now

Norcross, GA

#6646 Sep 24, 2013
Your all crazy wrote:
Just checking back to see if any new develpments.
NOpe, there still crazy
lol
Helped By This Column

Charlotte, NC

#6647 Sep 24, 2013
I know better now wrote:
<quoted text>yes I do know the answers... I've known for many years now. I guess I'm somewhat asking myself could I be wrong but I knw I'm not. Thank you all. It's so refreshing to have someone who thinks the same as you and be vocal about it. Just knowing I'm not crazy and it's others that feel just like I do. I will say PEACE to that..!
I go to the UHOP because of my husband, but this column helps me so much. Even though he doesn't want to hear it, I keep telling him what I've learned here and what I've researched myself. At least, he didn't give $2,000, and he's doubting that the right man is in the seat. Stay here; keep reading. It's so enlightening and informative. You're not alone or crazy. The crazy people are the ones who continue to let the UHOP rob them of their mind, spirit and money. Not only are the young people waking up, but even many of the old saints have doubts now. I look forward to reading this column everyday. It strengthens me way more than going to the mission does. I've learned that any question I have posted here, someone answers. There are some very, very informative people here, and they don't mind sharing their knowledge. I thank everyone here for keeping me strong, updated, and spiritually knowledgeable. Thanks again everyone; be blessed!
For me

Huntersville, NC

#6648 Sep 24, 2013
Have a blessed day [email protected] Mr. Cult indeed he used the wrong analogy. Comparing your followers to dogs? Why not compare them to babies straying to far away from their mothers? I'm convinced Bailey IS the right man. I really wish one of the lurking HOP defenders would chime in and explain the dog thing. SMH
Eyes on Christ

United States

#6649 Sep 24, 2013
For me wrote:
Have a blessed day [email protected] Mr. Cult indeed he used the wrong analogy. Comparing your followers to dogs? Why not compare them to babies straying to far away from their mothers? I'm convinced Bailey IS the right man. I really wish one of the lurking HOP defenders would chime in and explain the dog thing. SMH
@For Me,

I agree that his analogy was not on point. He could have made his point [email protected] Me, can you please share with us why you are convinced "Bailey" IS the right man? One of the many issues that people have is that members willingly state Bishop Bailey is the savior or Gods prophet of today, etc but never explain how. Can you help clear that up? The spread of the gospel of Jesus continues to spread because people are optimistic about it and willing to share with the world irregardless of back talk, but the gospel of "daddy" is often suppressed....as if the members don't want to share about the UHOP for All People. As some would say....you have to come to find out. Lol but we know that Jesus didn't tell people that they have to go to a certain place to learn. Lol Can you offer understanding as to why Bailey is the Man @For Me?
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#6650 Sep 24, 2013
Eyes on Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
@For Me,
I agree that his analogy was not on point. He could have made his point [email protected] Me, can you please share with us why you are convinced "Bailey" IS the right man? One of the many issues that people have is that members willingly state Bishop Bailey is the savior or Gods prophet of today, etc but never explain how. Can you help clear that up? The spread of the gospel of Jesus continues to spread because people are optimistic about it and willing to share with the world irregardless of back talk, but the gospel of "daddy" is often suppressed....as if the members don't want to share about the UHOP for All People. As some would say....you have to come to find out. Lol but we know that Jesus didn't tell people that they have to go to a certain place to learn. Lol Can you offer understanding as to why Bailey is the Man @For Me?
@Eyes on Christ the way I took it was like in previous posts of Bailey being the man, is because he is opening the eyes of so many people with his arrogant, greedy ways. He just might be the reason for so many people leaving. I don't think "For Me" made this statement as a positive note.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 hr Seentheotherside 688,731
News Pope Francis Denounces Gender Confirmation Surg... Oct 9 TerriB1 1
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Oct 2 The Bible Student 81
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep '17 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep '17 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,837
More from around the web