United House of Prayer for All People...

United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

There are 10694 comments on the www.topix.net story from Apr 7, 2008, titled United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot.... In it, www.topix.net reports that:

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.topix.net.

Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#6608 Sep 21, 2013
I know better now wrote:
I am so glad that I found this page. I would like to know [email protected] eyes on christ and all the other former members what did it for you guys what was the last straw that brought you out?????
I was living in sin and didn’t care because I was in the UHOP and because I was there sin didn’t matter. From the head on down we did things I know now following these Men was a sure why to Hell. I never actually committed a murder, but whom did I hurt mentally. I wasn’t living I was existing.

In my day we didn’t have computers. We had to go to a Library. It was very difficult because if you didn’t know the Authors name that did research on the UHOP you couldn’t find a lot of things. Now all you have to do is type Grace Name and the UHOP name everything pops up. That’s one of the reason Puffy wants to keep his members off the internet.

I started to research Grace true history. Once I realize Grace true identity it was all up hill for me. I got to a point where I wouldn’t ever go to a Funeral of the people I grow up with.

When I was there I blocked out the Molestation at the hands of these powers that be and was trying to be the worst one in the UHOP. There were so many things I had to ask God for forgiveness. Once I received the Gospel of Jesus Christ in my life, the blessing God has bestowed on me is so great; I pinch myself to make sure I’m still alive.

That lie the UHOP was founded on have passed down through seven generations in my family. It was rooted and grounded in me. I had to make a change, getting a Higher Education help a lot it made me think. My Parents were called on to Glory, and I wouldn’t be hurting them by leaving. They died really believing the UHOP was right. Once I removed myself out side of that box, I saw the UHOP for what it really was.

I pray each day for God to continue to open the eyes of my sisters and brothers that they might see the true reason for our living. It truly is not to serve a Man. May God bless you.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#6609 Sep 21, 2013
I know better now wrote:
You know when I think back I feel so stupid and foolish about how I wanted so desperately to believe in the hop. How I defended it and how I was once so proud to belong and be a member but somehow it gradually change for me. I feel like a fool and I'm mad at myself for not exiting sooner. Can't help how you feel... you feel the way you feel right? I just can't hold my peace any longer...
Those feelings will pass, I felt guilty for years about leaving. It was all that mind control. Once you realize it’s really the bond we made with each other was the only true reason we stayed so long. We knew that Daddy Gospel was not Gods plan.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#6610 Sep 21, 2013
I know better now wrote:
I am so glad that I found this page.

I would like to know [email protected] eyes on christ and all the other former members what did it for you guys what was the last straw that brought you out?????
I have a laundry list of events that happened for me. I'll keep it short though LOL.

1. Bishop Madison was sleeping and they put out this stupid letter talking about him meditating. It made me realize that they were playing on the intelligence of the members. Why would they lie or let "GOD's man" represent himself in a lie? Couldn't they just be honest? It made me question what else they were lying about.

2. Madison could barely remember what to say and they were writing down his prayers or what he was supposed to say. I remember a few times he was supposed to be going to the rostrum to speak and he was about to hit the door and they would have to send the maid over there to stop him. Basically he was sick and they knew it but wouldn't just be honest with the members. I knew then that this whole "Daddy" thing wasn't what they said it was. I also have friends in the medical field who knew about his health that shared inside information with me. It just made me think how could GOD be telling him what to say to us when half the time he didn't even know where he was? They would have to medicate him just to get him to leave the house because he would become aggravated and not want to go out. Hence he was sleep because he was so heavily medicated. I challenge any current member to ask an older Councilman if what I'm saying is false.

3. I briefly worked for the organization. I won't go into details. However, I personally witnessed the financial corruption of the leadership. I wasn't supposed to; right place right time I guess. I'll just use one of those famous holy cliches. "GOD works in mysterious ways and everything happens for a reason." It was meant for me to SEE what I saw.

4. I have a few friends who are what you would call black elitist socialites in the Washington, DC area. We were discussing religious leaders in the black community at a dinner party and the UHOP Bishops came up; specifically McCollough and Madison. At the time they didn't know that I was a member of the UHOP. The things that they were saying weren't very favorable. Basically it confirmed my worse fears about the Daddy(s) and the rumors that I had heard regarding their inappropriate behaviors and their reputations in the "religious" community.

5. Finally, I read Acts 4:12 and Matthew 23:9 and it was all over for me. Subsequently, I just started doing independent research about Grace and the UHOP. I read just about every piece of UHOP literature I could get my hands on. I immediately noticed the glaring contradictions and false teachings.
For me

United States

#6611 Sep 21, 2013
For me it was over a spand of several years.

1. The money- We were exploited, extorted, hart added a d swindled for so much money nightly with the promise of blessings. Told constantly to sacrifice in their eyes meaning give what you need. It took me a while to realize that give what you need didn't directly mean give it all. This money is and can never be used when members are going through financial crisis but the bishop can live in luxury and constantly want more.

2. I went to Charlotte and Dee announced from the floor that her birthday gift to Madison was "a brand new Bently" Madison at that time could careless due to his age. This was not a good look and prompted me to see her in a totally different light. Members riding public transportation and living in the projects. Granted that was her husband but why announce that? Long story short its all a show. THE GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH.

3. I did some researchin on the history and still doing more just for my own curiosity. For instance why did Grace got to Cuba and take young maids when there was no hop there? Where they turning towards the HOP and having 8oclock prayer? I now know why he took maids. I always noticed McCullough had nice looking women around him. Ex. Jackie Gail Bonnie Laura Tracy and a few others

I could go on and on especially about the current BIGSHIP Bailey. He will be the center o the HOP downfall. Scan the crowds and just talk to a few people still there that are just holding on. I can name at least 50 that have left or have their coats on ready to leave since he ROLLED in. How many can you name?

I'm living life without the stress and hassle of making reports, Gclass, house offering, love gift, pastors offering, expense, dues (which I still don't what that one was for. State assessments,grace aid etc. oh yeah and bus fair for to ride a cramped up bus we paid for, bus love gift, a lot huh?
daddy madison

Newport News, VA

#6612 Sep 21, 2013
. i sat in council court and madison told a story of how when daddy grace went to the first united house of prayer and the people shouted the floor shook and daddy grace said "get me out of here !!! he told the story about 9 times that day in court each time was an outburst and it didnt matter what was going on he kept saying it

. madison started the whole wanna see me run wanna see me shout in the middle of service AND RUNNING UP AND DOWN THE ISLE

.the sermons started gettin really really crappy IM TALKIN ''i had no idea i was gonna be the bishop" and all tht crap

.APOSTLE TAYLOR IS ASSIGNED TO STAND BESIDE THE BISHOP AND COACH HIM THRU HIS SERMONS

.madison starts coming in THE HOP and sitting down not praying or nOTHING BUT ALWAYS STILL COLLECTED THE DOLLARS

.they put madison on a chaRIOT

.WHEN ITS TIME FOR HIM TO PREACH WE WINDED UP CLAPPING OUR HANDS FOR DADDY GRACE 3 OR FOUR TIMES before he could say anything stupid somebody say clap your hands for daddy madison there a huge outbreak of buck dancing and we winded up GOING HOME AFTER WE WAITED ALLL NIGHT

.SERVICE STARTED GETTIN EXTREMELY SHORT

.my x pastor elder d rodney of newport news #2 at 626 48th street newport news va 23607 started preaching to us that daddy madison was god so he no longer had to talk to us and that the sr. minister baaily is the prophet no lie !!!!

.when they finished off bishop madison my x pastor elder d rodney of newport news # 2 then preached to us stick with tradition (in reference to the upcoming bishop election)

. i escaped slavery
daddy madison

Newport News, VA

#6613 Sep 21, 2013
how come the spirit always slays ere body when daddy leaves except the people dealing with the money ????
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#6614 Sep 21, 2013
Most of us that post are trying to correct the errors of the UHOP. We are not looking for a perfect Church, but shouldn’t we at lease try to strive for a Church where the people care about their souls. The focus on Money is so great; the souls of the people are forgotten. All this Money is not helping any members that are in need. These Members are working at Stadiums for free just to get Financial Reports credit; this is a form of slavery. Some of these members are well up in their seventies, on canes and walkers. Everybody is benefiting at the hands of the UHOP Members but them.

Just count the amount of members that live in these Mortgage free buildings they keep bragging about that has been evicted. The UHOP give nothing back, for 90+ years they have stripped the people of a good way of living. They have even stripped their minds. Some feel they are not worthy of a good life. You go in some of their homes and they have all these mix match furniture that’s old as the hills. Some are sleeping on a mattress on the floor; some in swallow and disarray. Yet their Bishops live in Luxuries. The sad thing about this picture, they are content with having less. They ooh and aah at the nice things the UHOP has. Not realizing if they stop giving their Money to a worthless cause, they could ooh and aah about themselves.

They make some of the members feel guilty for wanting to have nice things, and the rest don’t know they are supposed to have them. The mind set that has been handed down is frightening. The greed Puffy is expressing is worst then all the Bishops put together. Puffy lived from Pastors offering to Pastor offering. Never having enough to take care of his own family, now that he has, he’s doing everything he can to keep his members in that same position he once was. I can’t stress these points enough. I repeat my self over and over with the hope some one is hearing me.

It’s time to reward yourself for all the labor your Ancestors put into hoping too make their Church the greatest Church on earth. Stop allowing the faith and beliefs you have in the UHOP continue to be in vain.
I know better now

Norcross, GA

#6615 Sep 21, 2013
Christian wrote:
I Hope before he took his last breath he ask God for forgivness, because of all the souls he led in the wrong directions by people eqaling him to Christ thats a huge sin. Jesus is my Lord and Savior and Jesus lives on not trough no one man.
JESUS LIVES!!!!
Wow I read 6 or 7 post before I got to someone that made some since. UNBELIEVABLE and so very sad. Dad is not equal to JESUS people and he is not a saviour their has only been one .... r u serious!
Helped by this Column

Mantua, OH

#6616 Sep 21, 2013
I hear you Gee-Tee. I hear all of you, and I'm so glad you continue to write. Thank you all, and be blessed.
Big Tiny

Brooklyn, NY

#6617 Sep 23, 2013
When you know Jesus, your money and your pride belings to YOU! Good to know em'! I thank Him errrrrrrday for showing Himself to me! I aint got to worry about getting evicted!!! My bills is paid... Well, not all of em'! But things arent shut off.....
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

#6618 Sep 23, 2013
MSD wrote:
"Spiritual Gifts" part 3
http://youtu.be/F143qTC2gH4
Eyes on Christ, Gee-Tee, Cultastic these sermons are a must see!
MSD, I watched all parts and it was gooooood....:) See if only people who get caught up in the hoopla would just take the time and hear this sermon. I’m certain it will pick at their curiosity; especially those who invest their money in the people and in the products to get blessings.“When I look back over my life”….[I’m singing now].“And I think things o..over, I can truly say…. that I am wiser (changing the words a bit) I got some common sense now!”. I kept products in life, but no more.

You know, we were always told that calling someone “reverend” is wrong, but calling someone Apostle is incorrect. Wasn’t John the last Apostle? Hmmm. The clear thing is if you ask one of the Apostles to perform, as the sermon stated, if they fail at it (and they will), they will make you feel as though you were the one "without faith". ha ha. LOL. Anyways, I learned about this earlier in the year (back in the Spring) through studying and assistance, but this sermon was awesome and real clear. LOVED IT!!!!
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

#6619 Sep 23, 2013
daddy madison wrote:
how come the spirit always slays ere body when daddy leaves except the people dealing with the money ????
Well, Daddy Madison, the job requires you to keep your eyes on the money. LOL Work and Spirit does not go hand-in-hand at the UHOP. It's one or the other. Now, if the true spirit was taught and practiced, this would not be a concern (insert cute smile) They will live by the real Holy Spirit rather than by the beat of a drum or nice sounding tune. Holy Spirit is a practice of principles. The music in the UHOP mesmerizes the members from even wanting to see whats really going on such as there is a lot of money getting ready to leave this place so keep jumping, twitching, rolling....knock yourself out. "We going to slide this right on out the way". Remember, to shut the cameras down!
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

#6620 Sep 23, 2013
@I Know Better Now

1. I witnessed how sick Daddy Madison was and then sat and listened to a strong and rude letter from Daddy Madison (so they say) it was not the Daddy Madison I knew. The letter stated that people were asking questions about G-class and where the money was going, and for us to keep our mouths closed about it and let God handle his business. Everyone was looking in amazement. It definitely was not a spiritual moment after that letter.

2. When Bailey took the seat, he took it as though he always had it!! There was no humble acceptance speech. In DC, he did not hesitate to walk up there and conceitedly take his seat.

3. I’ve always had a bright future, but I saw my life constantly going downhill, as I busted my bones for the UHOP and auxiliaries. I gave up so much.

4. I had no time to fix myself up, clean my house, or buy something nice for me or my family because of the constant demands of time, money, and energy daily by the UHOP. My family hardly ever did anything together including dinner (not even on Sundays) because of the demands of the UHOP. Family was never a HOP concern nor marriages.

5. Apostle Taylor died the way he did. This blew me away because I was always taught that people died certain ways because of the sinful life they lived. I thought Apostle Taylor, one of our good preachers from the bible (at least what I thought as a die hard HOP member) was to die a normal death not an accident. This led me to believe that we are no different than anyone else. This led me to question Elders. To my surprise, the answers were useless/no substance. I received “it was his time”. My big question was….”but that way”? It didn’t settle right with me. Their answers were too dull and nonchalant.

6. I went online for answers. While I was searching, asking people questions, and so forth. Someone slipped the UHOPAHOLIC letter to me at the UHOP. The author took every concern/question/and more right out of my mouth. As I read it, I couldn’t put the letter down…I had a Yeah and a Amen throughout the whole letter. This opened my eyes. I was so grateful that someone else had my concerns, but I learned many discreetly share in them.

7. I saw news clippings of Daddy Grace selling his dinner crumbs to members for $1. HOW LOW!

8. I read the correlation of Daddy Grace/Father Devine and the sexual connotations within both churches; Daddy Grace used his differently in the church (he was polished slick about it). To understand what’s going on now, you must read what took place then.

9. The HOP misled and stated we were the first to do alot of things, but discovered Marvin Garvey and his organization that led parades of people in uniforms before Daddy Grace. We looked just like them. We are not the originals of anyting, not even our music.
Helped By This Column

Charlotte, NC

#6621 Sep 23, 2013
Is it possible to post or provide a link to the UHOPAHOLIC letter? I'd love to read it.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#6622 Sep 23, 2013
Eyes on Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
MSD, I watched all parts and it was gooooood....:) See if only people who get caught up in the hoopla would just take the time and hear this sermon. I’m certain it will pick at their curiosity; especially those who invest their money in the people and in the products to get blessings.“When I look back over my life”….[I’m singing now].“And I think things o..over, I can truly say…. that I am wiser (changing the words a bit) I got some common sense now!”. I kept products in life, but no more.
You know, we were always told that calling someone “reverend” is wrong, but calling someone Apostle is incorrect. Wasn’t John the last Apostle? Hmmm. The clear thing is if you ask one of the Apostles to perform, as the sermon stated, if they fail at it (and they will), they will make you feel as though you were the one "without faith". ha ha. LOL. Anyways, I learned about this earlier in the year (back in the Spring) through studying and assistance, but this sermon was awesome and real clear. LOVED IT!!!!
Hi Eyes on Christ! I am so glad you enjoyed the video's, it is so amazing how simple it is to serve Christ and his word is true! We don't have to put on a performance of any kind just live our lives faithfully until death, Rom. 12:1-2; Rev. 2:10. But 1st we must make sure we put on Christ (in baptism) and are in His body ( the church). My heart goes out to all of the people who remain in the HOP just knowing that their souls are at stake and in the hands of a man who doesn't care about them. I pray that more people will be delivered from the HOP!

I hope that one day you and I can meet of line I would love to talk with you in more depth.

God Bless
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#6623 Sep 23, 2013
So true about the Music, Grace spent many days in New Orleans. The UHOP style of Music came from Bourbon Street, the Cast Quarters and many Jumping Juke Joints of the streets of New Orleans. Grace was a very smart Man with a plan never to be poor again. He saw how the people were affected with the different sounds of Music. Where do you think that phase “Music soothes the Salvage Beast” came from; observing people reaction? The UHOP was never an original, a little this, a little that came from everywhere. Grace timing was perfect.

One thing as a people we were never taught was to believe in our selves. A good example “A Black Man will never be President”. I can’t tell you how many times I heard black folks say that. Most positive things about us were self taught. We could be anything we wanted, but as long as you have some one constantly tearing your beliefs down, training you to think like them, you will never succeed.

That cliché“A Mind is a terrible thing to waste” is so true.

Even with the College background a lot of UHOP members has, they have never taken the time to realize what that knowledge can do for them. One of them told me a College Degree didn’t mean anything. I told her she needed to go back to that College and request her money back, because it truly didn’t work for her. Some UHOP members minds are so stuck in the mud, they have no clue. All they can say is they feel good.

I’m here to tell you that too shall pass. You need more then a feeling. You need some Common Sense. And most of all you need Jesus Christ in your life. Once you accept Christ as your Savior you will not be fooled by false teachings again.
Eyes Wide Open

United States

#6625 Sep 23, 2013
Hello and welcome to Daddy Madison, For Me and I Know Better Now. My eyes came open, as my name states, under this new bishop. His attitude and arrogance and the constant talk of money. I was done when I found out about Matt. 23:9 and the cake was iced when I found out the whole thing has been wrong from the beginning with Grace. I have left, and not looked back. Have destroyed pics, pins, letters, papers, and feel so good about it. I really think the right man is in the chair today. Because as For Me stated, so many people's eyes have become open due to this man. And can possibly escape hell's fire because of it.
For me

United States

#6626 Sep 23, 2013
Thank you for the welcome Eyes Wide Open. Matthew 23:9 was nevvvver read out in service for obvious reasons of course. And another piece of the puzzle is in place. OMG. Keep posting my friends. They are reading and taking it in but too afraid to admit it because of Pride ad Fear.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#6627 Sep 23, 2013
Gee-Tee wrote:
So true about the Music, Grace spent many days in New Orleans. The UHOP style of Music came from Bourbon Street, the Cast Quarters and many Jumping Juke Joints of the streets of New Orleans. Grace was a very smart Man with a plan never to be poor again. He saw how the people were affected with the different sounds of Music. Where do you think that phase “Music soothes the Salvage Beast” came from; observing people reaction? The UHOP was never an original, a little this, a little that came from everywhere. Grace timing was perfect.
I just told a brother this weekend that if the members in the UHOP want to find out what was true in the UHOP the bands should stop playing and they should stop paying money for a brief moment. Grace and all of the other ministers realized that the music was so intoxicating that it created the perfect distraction from the truth. The music entices the people to give more money. I'm a former band musician and I personally find it offensive that the leaders use these talented young men as pied pipers. People are literally dancing and shouting right out of their minds. I hear them all the time. "If I can just get to the UHOP and shout my troubles away everything will be just fine." They head over and get their fix of the music and return home to the same "troubles".
know better now

Spartanburg, SC

#6628 Sep 23, 2013
I am so relieved to know that i'm not alone

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr kent 692,113
News Pope urges compassion from politicians who fan ... Dec 12 Frindly 4
News Pope Francis is greeted by young children in tr... Nov 27 TRUE CATHOLIC her... 1
News John Paul I Closer to Sainthood as Book Debunks... Nov '17 South Knox Hombre 1
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Nov '17 Feeling Abandoned 37
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Nov '17 whirlignmerc 11
News War, religion and tolerance Oct '17 The Bible Student 1
More from around the web