United House of Prayer for All People...

United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

There are 9418 comments on the www.topix.net story from Apr 7, 2008, titled United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot.... In it, www.topix.net reports that:

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.topix.net.

Eyes Wide Open

Concord, CA

#6587 Sep 19, 2013
Helped By This Column wrote:
Glad to see you guys back. I find this blog so enlightening, and it disappointed me not to find new teachings. Thanks!
I totally agree. Whenever something is posted I always want to 'see what Cultastic has to say about this' or 'what is GeeTee's take on that'. Always a pleasure. I enjoy everyone's response, but these two stick out to me. Before coming to this blog/board I didn't know anyone who had suffered any cicumstance by the hands of any of the 'daddies', hadn't heard any of the 'stories'. So, I guess I listen a little harder because you both have first hand knowledge/experiences to speak on. This board has truly helped me. I look forward to reading the posts, without all the 'interruptions'.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#6588 Sep 19, 2013
Cultastic wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Gee-Tee speaking of rent. I just got word that another UHOP member got evicted today. In DC I'm almost positive that they evict about 2-3 active members a month. Now that may not be an exact statistic but I would bet I was very close in my assumption.
The saddest part is that her possessions were put out by men of GOD that she serves with. Couldn't the leadership just check to see if she's paid any tithes and wipe out her debt? I mean after all it's not about profit and there are no mortgages on any of the properties correct?
"A bus driver will never be qualified to successfully or properly execute the duties of being the CEO of a billion dollar corporation even IF he believes GOD sent him to do so."~~Author Cultastic
Good morning Mr. Cultastic!!!!!! Man I love you posts!!!!!!!!! They are right on point!!! Thank you!
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#6589 Sep 19, 2013
Helped by this Column wrote:
Therefore, the IRS is making her pay back taxes on that money. If they didn't want to provide the documentation (why not?), the least they could have done was pay the fine. So shady!
The individual was in DC that's where I am. Allow me to add my .17 cent to what the mighty @Gee-Tee has already stated regarding the IRS and the UHOP. I'm going to try to make it plain so that my UHOP sisters and brothers can understand.

You go to the store and buy $25.00 dollars worth of chicken wings using the UHOP tax exempt number. Then you turn around sell it in the kitchen and report $275.00 on your G-Class account. You pay tithes in the amount of say $3 for the year. Here's the problem. You report $30.00 as your annual income earned. You turn around and falsely claim charitable donations to church in the amount of $278.00 of which only $3.00 came from your earned income. The IRS wants to know where you got $278 from to give to the church when you only earned $30.00 as taxable income. That's why they wouldn't give her a receipt because the numbers don't add up and the paper trail leads back to the UHOP. Subsequently, that puts the UHOP and it's leadership on the IRS's radar to be investigated.

Moving ahead the UHOP has always had IRS problems going back to brother Grace as @Gee-Tee stated. His US citizenship was always in question and he never establish a primary city or state of residence. Corruption was very common in the government at that time. In short he had the money and resources to avoid being prosecuted. He'd show up for a few weeks and then go off the radar for months at a time. All he had to do is send a letter from where ever he was just to keep his members captivated.

At the time of his death Grace owed millions of dollars to the IRS which is why the assets were frozen. The IRS offered a settlement for less than the actual amount owed much like you would do with a credit card. When they tell you the story about the government didn't get their money they are not being honest. In fact the UHOP lost lots of properties as well.

The bottom line is that the entire financial situation in the UHOP is a corrupted ponzie scheme. Don't be fooled by the apartments and shiny buses it's the behind the scenes spending and shady financial practices that you should be questioning and it all starts at the top.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#6590 Sep 19, 2013
MSD wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning Mr. Cultastic!!!!!! Man I love you posts!!!!!!!!! They are right on point!!! Thank you!
LOL thanks @MSD. Just trying to help our UHOP sisters and brothers see things for what they are.
April

Baltimore, MD

#6591 Sep 19, 2013
Daddy Madison have done great in all his works.And may he live through christ and his home of glory for ever
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#6592 Sep 19, 2013
I have an 84 year old Aunt who remains a devout Daddy Grace-ian. She knows all of his dirty little secrets but she loved that man so much she would never publicly discuss his indiscretions. I would even venture to say that her love for Grace borders a romantic and carnal love based on the way she talks about him (I think we all know why). The last time we talked she held her head down and said to me that greed would one day be the down fall of the UHOP. Her late husband was a prominent preacher in the UHOP. Before his death in his latter years he predicted that there was going to come a time when the UHOP would be split in two because the "Daddy" thing had gone way too far; and he passed away shortly after McCollough died.

My mother used to always remind me that if you tell one lie you have to tell two. Which leads me to realize that the truth will never change and can withstand the test of questioning. The Daddy deception has gotten so far out of hand that I think most of the people in power would rather pray that the creator take them to the grave before having to admit the truth.

Right now the US dollar is only worth .08 cent and we're currently in a recession. Take a look at the city of Detroit. We're so busy shouting, speaking in tongues, and hustling for holy dollars that we have no clue what's going on in the world around us. Even the workers that ensure that the Bishop eats WELL are subject to being put in the street without a second thought. I long for the day when the UHOP people rise up and stage a coop and overthrow the oppressive dictatorship running the organization. In 2013 a multi-million if not billion dollar organization is being run by a man who doesn't even understand the internet. It's troubling in our communities when "faith" is fed through ignorance.
daddy madison

Hampton, VA

#6593 Sep 19, 2013
grace walked on stage in the year 1920 ....by the year 1930 there were atleast 100,000 peole living that were actually apart of slavery in america( im not talkin about the people that will tell you "my grandma and them mom was a slave") but im talkin REAL LIVE CAPTURED african made american freed slaved peoples OR PEOPLES ACTUALLY BORN INTO SLAVERY . grace being born on a portages colony off the upper west coast of africa and was well educated on the enslavement AND DEVISION of the african peoples and the introduction of WILLIE LYNCH DOCTRINE how it gravely affected AND DEVIDED our people PHYSICALLY AND psychologicallY he came here in the 20's and disguised himself amoung the lower class black citizens as a "colored man" hence the jobs a railway cook a cranberry picker ETC.. so he could learn THE SLANG THE LINGO AND WHAT DEVIDED US THE MOST THINGS LIKE FLASSHY CARS AND CLOTHES BIG HOMES HAIR TEXTURE AND SKIN COMPLEXION AND HE USED THESE THINGS TO ENSLAVE YOU ALL FOR YEARS LOL! GRACE NEVER EVER CLAIMED TO BE BLACK OF AFRICAN AND BEING SO WELL EDUCATED HE NEVER TAUGHT HIS MEMBERS SELF PRIDE AND OR OF THER STOLEN AFRICAN HERITAGE IF YOU LOOK CLOSELY AT THE BIBLE THE SCRIPTURE THAT HE DEEMED TO DESCRIBE HIS SUCCESSOR IS ACTUALLY THE SCRIPTURE MANY COULD HAVE USED TO REFUTE HIS DOCTRINE THE BIBLE CLEARLY SAYS ONE WILL COME FROM AMOUNG YOU !!! NOT SOMBODY CROSS THE ATLANTIC LOL GOOD DAY SLAVESS!!! Jer 28:8-9 (NIV)[Jeremiah identifying Hananiah as a false prophet:] "From early times the prophets who preceded you and me have prophesied war, disaster and plague against many countries and great kingdoms. But the prophet who prophesies peace will be recognized as one truly sent by the Lord only if his prediction comes true." (Jer 28:15-17 tells the outcome.)
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#6595 Sep 19, 2013
Daddy Madison said all that to say what!!!!!!!!! You titled your post with his name for what. Iím trying to understand the reason behind your post. Madison continued the lie. Puffy wants to take you back to Grace Time. The lie the UHOP was built on has not been corrected. Your points are well taken, but they donít match the handle.

Anyway did you all look at these pictures? Isnít it ironic Grace had all that family and not one of them is diehard UHOP members? Didnít he tell you all you have to go through the UHOP to get to Heaven? His family is Catholics and never made a change. Does that mean all of his family is going to Hell? You all donít find that strange. God sent Grace to deliver us, but not his family. How is it that Grace Family did not believe in him? They knew him like a book that is everyone but you UHOP members. Look at all that family, they are still laughing and thanking you all for making them rich.

Wake up people stop throwing your money away. If God blessed you to have Money, use it to better yourself. Havenít you suffered enough? Enjoy the fruits of your labor; Puffy is not working for a dime. Heís not even giving you a sermon when he comes to your Church. You call this your Holy Convocation, name one thing Holy you all did this year.
daddy madison

Hampton, VA

#6596 Sep 19, 2013
this brother must be dumb if he cant understand were im coming from with all that i said you are a daddy grace fool ..all i stated my fool is the tactics grace used to his advantage and the disadvantage of our people at the time of his arrival and how he played on that and used it against us i also in so many words stated that instead of excepting him as a savior we shoulda jus went with one of our own kind from a normal man that was already here that we had no questions about and that knew of our oppression sombody .. i kno what im talkin brother my point is very valid and i used the name daddy madison because at one point it had power over me now its funny to me
daddy madison

Hampton, VA

#6597 Sep 19, 2013
Gee-Tee wrote:
Daddy Madison said all that to say what!!!!!!!!! You titled your post with his name for what. Iím trying to understand the reason behind your post. Madison continued the lie. Puffy wants to take you back to Grace Time. The lie the UHOP was built on has not been corrected. Your points are well taken, but they donít match the handle.
Anyway did you all look at these pictures? Isnít it ironic Grace had all that family and not one of them is diehard UHOP members? Didnít he tell you all you have to go through the UHOP to get to Heaven? His family is Catholics and never made a change. Does that mean all of his family is going to Hell? You all donít find that strange. God sent Grace to deliver us, but not his family. How is it that Grace Family did not believe in him? They knew him like a book that is everyone but you UHOP members. Look at all that family, they are still laughing and thanking you all for making them rich.
Wake up people stop throwing your money away. If God blessed you to have Money, use it to better yourself. Havenít you suffered enough? Enjoy the fruits of your labor; Puffy is not working for a dime. Heís not even giving you a sermon when he comes to your Church. You call this your Holy Convocation, name one thing Holy you all did this year.
BAMM!! this is your boy dre from newport news please inform this daddy grace fool i kno what im talkin about
Eyes on Christ

United States

#6598 Sep 20, 2013
@UHOP believers of "daddy" is the Holy Spirit and not the man. The confusion amongst certain members who desperately want to believe and teach others that daddy is the spirit and not the man continues to be CONTRADICTING. Consider answering this......why do YOU pray in Jesus name through precious DADDY BAILEY while Bishop Bailey prays through Jesus name only? Apparently, he feels he doesn't need to because he's Daddy. But you (certain members who desperately try to bring sense to the daddy phenomenon) state Daddy is Gods holy spirit. Bishop Bailey is messing your point all up. Check him...so you won't be perceived confused or self contradicting. BTW, shouldn't Jesus be the precious one; afterall, he was the one who actually taught the truth, suffered, endured whippings, bled and died for all people? Shouldnt he (Jesus, son of God) be the precious one?
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#6599 Sep 20, 2013
Gee-Tee wrote:
Sister @Gee-Tee I can vouch for Brother @Daddy Madison (still giggling). He was just being sarcastic by using that handle. Otherwise he's well aware that from Grace to the present they all executed the same agenda; Madison included. He just happened to grow up under Madison so that's what most of his UHOP experience is. However, the context of his post was very enlightening. He thinks just like you and I.

Hey Dre @Gee-Tee is a mighty sister not a brother. She has a wealth of knowledge going back to Grace. Just a little misunderstanding.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#6600 Sep 20, 2013
Our young sisters and brothers are starting to wake up and they are starting be vocal. That to me is a beautiful thing. Leaving the mental shackles of a cultic religious culture can be very damaging. For most of us it's all we've ever known. Therefore to find out that a hero has lied to you can be very traumatic. The information posted has helped others that were in similar church organizations not just the UHOP.

I got a call the other day from a young sister in NC. I don't know which preacher said it but she was disturbed. He said the following (paraphrasing): "If you're not in the UHOP you are in hell; not going but IN hell." I wasn't there so I can't confirm it. However, if it is true that's the type of religious fear mongering that I despise. The poor sister of course couldn't discuss it with her family members who were there with her so she felt so isolated. People do not understand that one of the main characteristics of a cult is isolation. It's the us against them ideologies. We (in the UHOP) are good and better. Those who don't go to the UHOP are bad or evil devils or something; annnnnnnd the boogie man is going to get them (insert sarcastic smirk).

"The worst one in the UHOP is better than the best one out there." Yet the divorce rate, teenage pregnancy rate, and the amount of single unwed mothers is off the meter in the organization. "Yes we understand that you believe in Jesus and GOD but if you don't believe in the Jesus of the House of Prayer you're wrong or in hell." <<< Read that thought carefully. It's completely illogical and that's the type of propaganda they teach you in the UHOP.

If I could give any advice it would be stop being mesmerized by the sweet swelling words of preachers. They don't use those religious cliche's to edify GOD. It's about their own agendas. Think about it they realize that people are getting hip to their tomfoolery. So what they do next is scare the few remaining members into staying. Always remember this. They feed themselves and their families on your ignorance of GOD's word. Therefore, most of them would rather lie or at the least distort the truth to keep their income. GOD gave you common sense and the ability to reason. It's no harm in using those skill sets even as it relates to the "Daddy".
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#6601 Sep 20, 2013
This is an excellent sermon on "Spiritual Gifts"

http://youtu.be/jSYZWCTlFAk

God Bless!
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#6602 Sep 20, 2013
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#6603 Sep 20, 2013
"Spiritual Gifts" part 3

http://youtu.be/F143qTC2gH4

Eyes on Christ, Gee-Tee, Cultastic these sermons are a must see!
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#6604 Sep 20, 2013
daddy madison wrote:
<quoted text>BAMM!! this is your boy dre from newport news please inform this daddy grace fool i kno what im talkin about
I understand your message but not your handle. Most UHOP members identify themselves with these Bishops. Didnít mean to offend, I put these Bishops in the same boat. Four Bishops later and they still are leading this lie. Someone should say enough is enough. They are playing with their memberís lives and souls. One thing for sure, I may have been a Grace and McCollough fool, but Iím not now.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#6605 Sep 20, 2013
MSD wrote:
"Spiritual Gifts" part 3
http://youtu.be/F143qTC2gH4
Eyes on Christ, Gee-Tee, Cultastic these sermons are a must see!
MSD is saw this before, but it was worth watching again, Thanks again
I know better now

United States

#6606 Sep 20, 2013
I am so glad that I found this page. This is something that I've struggled with for a very long time. Mind you I said that I've been a member since I was 3 I'm 46 now and I inherited the HOP just like you said from my mom.We've had many talks and many questions about the Hop throughout the years and one thing I do know is that the members genuinely want to believe that tht hop is right. I've told myself if they would just stop all that daddy crap and all them ridiculous and different auxiliaries they have going on it might would be ok. Where I attend well use to attend they focus on taking up money more than they do preaching. If we get any it's about 10 mins Max and then they go pulling out that table again begging for more money. It has gotten so ridiculous until it's almost comical. I'm so discussted it's unreal. I attended a hop in SC where the preachers don't know half the time what the he-- he's talking about. Misquoting Scriptures talking bout dad is our Savior REALLY are you serious ???? I can go on and on about some of the nonsense that goes on but you already know. I have to admit though there are some things that I love about the hop. The shout bands and the singing. I just can't get into that daddy thing anymore. I don't know him and he don't know me so me calling him dad is out. I would like to know tho@ eyes on christ and all the other former members what did it for you guys what was the last straw that brought you out?????
I know better now

United States

#6607 Sep 20, 2013
You know when I think back I feel so stupid and foolish about how I wanted so desperately to believe in the hop. How I defended it and how I was once so proud to belong and be a member but somehow it gradually change for me. I feel like a fool and I'm mad at myself for not exiting sooner. Can't help how you feel... you feel the way you feel right? I just can't hold my peace any longer...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Tony17 591,234
News As ideology fades in Cuba, spirituality and pop... 3 hr L I G E R 1
News Philippines cardinal worked for peace with Muslims (Apr '14) 4 hr KristoFMYsagun 14
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) 6 hr pazuzu 68
News Francis expects short papacy Sun KristoFMYsagun 16
News Pope's visit will change Philippines, Cardinal ... (Sep '14) May 29 KristoFMYsagun 55
News Tantingco: The Kapampangan Cardinal (Mar '13) May 29 ELIAS IBARRA 6
More from around the web