United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

Full story: www.topix.net

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ...

Comments (Page 322)

Showing posts 6,421 - 6,440 of8,100
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
MSD

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

This scripture tells us how we are to receive the
Holy Spirit and it's not by tarrying, rolling on the floor calling on daddy until your throat is raw either.

Acts 5:32 And we are witnesses to these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."
Realist

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

Obviously you need to find something better to do with your time instead of tearing down people. If this is what the House of Prayer people do, that is their business. This world would be a better place if everybody would mind their business. If you are not doing anything to improve the situation then keep your negative remarks to yourself and get your soul right so you can meet Jesus when he returns.
I don't understand why people who left the House of Prayer keep talking about it negatively on Twitter, Facebook and other sites. If you left then stay gone, and get on with your life. The House of Prayer isn't going anywhere......only you are!!!
If you found a new religion, then enjoy it and get the House of Prayer out of your mind, body, soul, heart, mouth. You must miss it seeing as how you took time to write all of this garbage.
Realist

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

Maybe you will be blessed and move to a state where the economy is not bad such as Charlotte, NC. When students graduate from North Carolina, they move to DC or other areas where they can prosper. You are stuck on stupid and probably stuck in NC as well.

Also, since you think so negatively about the HOP when Dad come for convocation this year, make yourself scarce, and don't come to the services and events and don't be a hypocrit. People talk negatively about the HOP, but keep coming back....I ever understood that :(
MSD

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

Realist wrote:
Maybe you will be blessed and move to a state where the economy is not bad such as Charlotte, NC. When students graduate from North Carolina, they move to DC or other areas where they can prosper. You are stuck on stupid and probably stuck in NC as well.
Also, since you think so negatively about the HOP when Dad come for convocation this year, make yourself scarce, and don't come to the services and events and don't be a hypocrit. People talk negatively about the HOP, but keep coming back....I ever understood that :(
Here we go another wanna be warrior trying to defend false doctrine! You're upset because scripture was quoted...evidentally you must have been told to receive the holy spirit the wrong way that is why you are being so defensive. Get it right once I left I never looked back! I am doing quite well too living in the queen city. So take your negative feedback and lurk some where else!

Have a great day and i'm being "Real on that"
MSD

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

Realist wrote:
Obviously you need to find something better to do with your time instead of tearing down people. If this is what the House of Prayer people do, that is their business. This world would be a better place if everybody would mind their business. If you are not doing anything to improve the situation then keep your negative remarks to yourself and get your soul right so you can meet Jesus when he returns.
I don't understand why people who left the House of Prayer keep talking about it negatively on Twitter, Facebook and other sites. If you left then stay gone, and get on with your life. The House of Prayer isn't going anywhere......only you are!!!
If you found a new religion, then enjoy it and get the House of Prayer out of your mind, body, soul, heart, mouth. You must miss it seeing as how you took time to write all of this garbage.
And I don't understand why people like you keep lurking and commenting on this site when your bishop told you to stay away from FB, Twitter, etc.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

Realist wrote:
The House of Prayer isn't going anywhere......only you are!!!
Wow the revelation that comes out of the mouths of UHOP members towards us is amazing. I could not have said this any better. This person doesn’t even realize the truth she spoke in this statement. She gets no argument out of me. I have progress so far in life and my UHOP members are still standing still. Only thing I wish for you is now that you have notice our progress since we left the UHOP and received Jesus Christ as our Savior in our life, you might do the same for your self. May God continue to open your eyes. Wow
prince rod

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

John 15:18-20 King James Version

18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.

19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.......... Some will ever understand praying for someone down fall when Read this.......Mark 12:28-31 King James Version
28 And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?

29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these. Love thy neighbour as thyself yall spending so much hate on a organization that yall say yall don't care for how is hate gone teach someone a lesson I'm praying for yall you stand against us cause I know I'm blessed everyday when I see the sun so yall need to find something better to do with your time besides worrying about how someone pray how they shout how they song n how they preach ppl always in somebody business in it be the same ones popping up outta the blue in service clapping they hands and stomping they feet through the whole service but get around some new ppl in start sneaking dissing again yall need to get yourself together don't worry about us cause we got us yall about yourself in stop thinking about whats going on behind our doors when you can come in see for your self don't let the devil fool with your heart and mind in cause you a trip to heaven cause you enjoy praying for people dwn falls Smh may the peace of the holy spirit be with you yall on here
Cultastic

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

prince rod wrote:
31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these. Love thy neighbour as thyself yall spending so much hate on a organization that yall say yall don't care for how is hate gone teach someone a lesson I'm praying for yall you stand against us cause I know I'm blessed everyday when I see the sun so yall need to find something better to do with your time besides worrying about how someone pray how they shout how they song n how they preach ppl always in somebody business in it be the same ones popping up outta the blue in service clapping they hands and stomping they feet through the whole service but get around some new ppl in start sneaking dissing again yall need to get yourself together don't worry about us cause we got us yall about yourself in stop thinking about whats going on behind our doors when you can come in see for your self don't let the devil fool with your heart and mind in cause you a trip to heaven cause you enjoy praying for people dwn falls Smh may the peace of the holy spirit be with you yall on here
Brother @prince rod take a moment and read what sister @Realist wrote and see how similar your message was. Both of you basically said go away and mind your business. How does that coincide with treating your neighbor as yourself?

I find it completely interesting that the Bishop can physically slap another grown man in a church service and members continue to defend his actions. Is that a GODLY way to treat his neighbors? Yet you talk to us about the devil "fooling" peoples' minds.

My brother we pray that GOD open your mind and your heart to the truth beyond your "Daddy" and your organization. We definitely do not wish you or any member harm.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Realist wrote:
Sister I'll ask you one simple question. If the UHOP is "right" as your organization claims it to be why would you want to tell people to stay away? I've said several times if what we say is false then please correct us. However, if you can not prove us wrong then maybe you should analyze everything you "think" you know about your religion and your "Daddy".

It is extremely disturbing that in 2013 the leadership of the UHOP still wants sincere members like this sister to remain ignorant of the truth and unlearned in the scripture. No matter how much concrete proof they are given about the "Daddy" deception they view us as evil and not the men who actually were dishonest. The system is set up so well that they don't have to tell the truth because members will make up a "truth" for them...

If you want to know who took time to write "garbage" get your hands on a book of epistles from the Daddy(s). I'm almost certain that you won't be able to identify the manipulation in their words because you'll be focusing with your UHOP "spiritual eye".
MSD

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Cultastic wrote:
<quoted text>
Sister I'll ask you one simple question. If the UHOP is "right" as your organization claims it to be why would you want to tell people to stay away? I've said several times if what we say is false then please correct us. However, if you can not prove us wrong then maybe you should analyze everything you "think" you know about your religion and your "Daddy".
It is extremely disturbing that in 2013 the leadership of the UHOP still wants sincere members like this sister to remain ignorant of the truth and unlearned in the scripture. No matter how much concrete proof they are given about the "Daddy" deception they view us as evil and not the men who actually were dishonest. The system is set up so well that they don't have to tell the truth because members will make up a "truth" for them...
If you want to know who took time to write "garbage" get your hands on a book of epistles from the Daddy(s). I'm almost certain that you won't be able to identify the manipulation in their words because you'll be focusing with your UHOP "spiritual eye".
Good morning Mr. Cultastic!

And the sad thing is I just quoted true scripture to show how we were being mislead on how to receive God's holy spirit and this person describes it as "garbage". I will never stop quoting the word of God with this blog even though most HOP members don't read or carry the bible. I feel someone is out there listening and I pray that God's word will prick their hearts. I never want to offend anyone. I too was lost but thank God I'm found, was blind but now I see! I just want to share with others that are and were in the same boat I was in, The good news (the gospel).

@Realist I pray for you!

God Bless!
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

MSD wrote:
This scripture tells us how we are to receive the
Holy Spirit and it's not by tarrying, rolling on the floor calling on daddy until your throat is raw either.
Acts 5:32 And we are witnesses to these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."
That's right,MSD. We are to obey him! This is how you grab hold of the spirit of God. He tells us how to live our life.

You ever wonder how the tarrying and chanting "daddy" actually came about? I did research on how cults stay strong; chanting about the leader is one of them which causes certain types of strange results. How it started in the UHOP interest me. You know, it's always good to find out the root of anything to come to terms with the current outcome.

For those who are lurking, this is no way shared to be offensive (as this could be very sensitive, it was the beginning of the opportunity to say you have the Holy Ghost), cause I did it myself….. But, I learned to get it is not to make up a nickname for God’s spirit that is linked to a man and call it while suffering certain physical, emotional, and mental consequences. God's spirit is so much more less complicated and never humiliating. We need to read our Bible to see how sweet, gentle, and loving God is. He never orders suffering. That's a man made thing to rule over people, cause man likes that kind of stuff.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Eyes on Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right,MSD. We are to obey him! This is how you grab hold of the spirit of God. He tells us how to live our life.
You ever wonder how the tarrying and chanting "daddy" actually came about? I did research on how cults stay strong; chanting about the leader is one of them which causes certain types of strange results. How it started in the UHOP interest me. You know, it's always good to find out the root of anything to come to terms with the current outcome.
For those who are lurking, this is no way shared to be offensive (as this could be very sensitive, it was the beginning of the opportunity to say you have the Holy Ghost), cause I did it myself….. But, I learned to get it is not to make up a nickname for God’s spirit that is linked to a man and call it while suffering certain physical, emotional, and mental consequences. God's spirit is so much more less complicated and never humiliating. We need to read our Bible to see how sweet, gentle, and loving God is. He never orders suffering. That's a man made thing to rule over people, cause man likes that kind of stuff.
BEAUTIFUL! Eyes on Christ! You are right on point! And I thank you!
MSD

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Eyes on Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
There are eternal consequences when we choose not to obey Almighty God! Look at what happened to those who didn't obey during Noah's day, God destroyed all of those who didn't get in the one ark like he is coming back for His one church and I'm sorry to say the United House of Prayer For All People isn't it.
Eyes Wide Open

Concord, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

MSD wrote:
<quoted text>
There are eternal consequences when we choose not to obey Almighty God! Look at what happened to those who didn't obey during Noah's day, God destroyed all of those who didn't get in the one ark like he is coming back for His one church and I'm sorry to say the United House of Prayer For All People isn't it.
So true. I would hate to be one to hear the words,'depart from Me for I know you not'.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Eyes Wide Open wrote:
<quoted text>
So true. I would hate to be one to hear the words,'depart from Me for I know you not'.
OOOOOh you betta say it!
MSD

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

I want to share this video link with you all entitled "We are Without Excuse" there are 5 parts.

This attached link starts at part 1. A great sermon on the parable of the wedding feast in Matt. 22:1-14
I pray this helps somebody.

http://youtu.be/H8JeR3rpCz4
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

MSD wrote:
I want to share this video link with you all entitled "We are Without Excuse" there are 5 parts.
This attached link starts at part 1. A great sermon on the parable of the wedding feast in Matt. 22:1-14
I pray this helps somebody.
http://youtu.be/H8JeR3rpCz4
I enjoyed all of them, MSD. No more Excuses! LOL
MSD

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

Eyes on Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I enjoyed all of them, MSD. No more Excuses! LOL
Good I'm glad you enjoyed them! That's right it is time out for Excuses!
Nappy Head

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

he called us nappy heads a few times. lol i got a perm. lol but what about some of them girls that can't have a perm. he dont wont nobody with their own natural hair. that is the part i dont like. everybody in that place is black. some of them don't look right with there heads straigten with a hot comb lol crazy!!!
Cultastic

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Nappy Head wrote:
he called us nappy heads a few times. lol i got a perm. lol but what about some of them girls that can't have a perm. he dont wont nobody with their own natural hair. that is the part i dont like. everybody in that place is black. some of them don't look right with there heads straigten with a hot comb lol crazy!!!
Brother Madison wrote a letter chastising women for wearing "braided" hair; read I Timothy 2:9-10. The scripture he used was completely out of context. "Braided" hair as it was called in some of the translations of scripture was not specifically the same as the traditional African style. He somehow related wearing your hair natural as not pertaining to "holiness". I'll have to find a copy of that letter before my UHOP sisters and brothers come in calling me a liar LOL..

Grace and McCollough preferred women with long hair. It was nothing more than a physical preference. Therefore they falsely persuaded the women that long flowing Euro-centric hair was more "GODLY". Not to be disrespectful to my UHOP sisters but your "Daddy" didn't find the natural texture of your hair attractive. It had absolutely nothing to do with religion.

^^^BTW before someone misquotes me I didn't say that "Daddy" thought you were ugly Sister @Nappy Head; or anybody else for that matter. I'm just discussing a taboo subject that most are afraid to address especially in the UHOP.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 6,421 - 6,440 of8,100
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••