United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ... Full Story
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

#6565 Sep 10, 2013
MSD wrote:
This scripture tells us how we are to receive the
Holy Spirit and it's not by tarrying, rolling on the floor calling on daddy until your throat is raw either.
Acts 5:32 And we are witnesses to these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."
That's right,MSD. We are to obey him! This is how you grab hold of the spirit of God. He tells us how to live our life.

You ever wonder how the tarrying and chanting "daddy" actually came about? I did research on how cults stay strong; chanting about the leader is one of them which causes certain types of strange results. How it started in the UHOP interest me. You know, it's always good to find out the root of anything to come to terms with the current outcome.

For those who are lurking, this is no way shared to be offensive (as this could be very sensitive, it was the beginning of the opportunity to say you have the Holy Ghost), cause I did it myself….. But, I learned to get it is not to make up a nickname for God’s spirit that is linked to a man and call it while suffering certain physical, emotional, and mental consequences. God's spirit is so much more less complicated and never humiliating. We need to read our Bible to see how sweet, gentle, and loving God is. He never orders suffering. That's a man made thing to rule over people, cause man likes that kind of stuff.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#6566 Sep 10, 2013
Eyes on Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right,MSD. We are to obey him! This is how you grab hold of the spirit of God. He tells us how to live our life.
You ever wonder how the tarrying and chanting "daddy" actually came about? I did research on how cults stay strong; chanting about the leader is one of them which causes certain types of strange results. How it started in the UHOP interest me. You know, it's always good to find out the root of anything to come to terms with the current outcome.
For those who are lurking, this is no way shared to be offensive (as this could be very sensitive, it was the beginning of the opportunity to say you have the Holy Ghost), cause I did it myself….. But, I learned to get it is not to make up a nickname for God’s spirit that is linked to a man and call it while suffering certain physical, emotional, and mental consequences. God's spirit is so much more less complicated and never humiliating. We need to read our Bible to see how sweet, gentle, and loving God is. He never orders suffering. That's a man made thing to rule over people, cause man likes that kind of stuff.
BEAUTIFUL! Eyes on Christ! You are right on point! And I thank you!
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#6567 Sep 10, 2013
Eyes on Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
There are eternal consequences when we choose not to obey Almighty God! Look at what happened to those who didn't obey during Noah's day, God destroyed all of those who didn't get in the one ark like he is coming back for His one church and I'm sorry to say the United House of Prayer For All People isn't it.
Eyes Wide Open

Concord, CA

#6568 Sep 10, 2013
MSD wrote:
<quoted text>
There are eternal consequences when we choose not to obey Almighty God! Look at what happened to those who didn't obey during Noah's day, God destroyed all of those who didn't get in the one ark like he is coming back for His one church and I'm sorry to say the United House of Prayer For All People isn't it.
So true. I would hate to be one to hear the words,'depart from Me for I know you not'.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#6569 Sep 10, 2013
Eyes Wide Open wrote:
<quoted text>
So true. I would hate to be one to hear the words,'depart from Me for I know you not'.
OOOOOh you betta say it!
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#6570 Sep 10, 2013
I want to share this video link with you all entitled "We are Without Excuse" there are 5 parts.

This attached link starts at part 1. A great sermon on the parable of the wedding feast in Matt. 22:1-14
I pray this helps somebody.

http://youtu.be/H8JeR3rpCz4
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

#6571 Sep 12, 2013
MSD wrote:
I want to share this video link with you all entitled "We are Without Excuse" there are 5 parts.
This attached link starts at part 1. A great sermon on the parable of the wedding feast in Matt. 22:1-14
I pray this helps somebody.
http://youtu.be/H8JeR3rpCz4
I enjoyed all of them, MSD. No more Excuses! LOL
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#6572 Sep 12, 2013
Eyes on Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I enjoyed all of them, MSD. No more Excuses! LOL
Good I'm glad you enjoyed them! That's right it is time out for Excuses!
Nappy Head

Columbia, SC

#6574 Sep 17, 2013
he called us nappy heads a few times. lol i got a perm. lol but what about some of them girls that can't have a perm. he dont wont nobody with their own natural hair. that is the part i dont like. everybody in that place is black. some of them don't look right with there heads straigten with a hot comb lol crazy!!!
Cultastic

Charlotte, NC

#6575 Sep 17, 2013
Nappy Head wrote:
he called us nappy heads a few times. lol i got a perm. lol but what about some of them girls that can't have a perm. he dont wont nobody with their own natural hair. that is the part i dont like. everybody in that place is black. some of them don't look right with there heads straigten with a hot comb lol crazy!!!
Brother Madison wrote a letter chastising women for wearing "braided" hair; read I Timothy 2:9-10. The scripture he used was completely out of context. "Braided" hair as it was called in some of the translations of scripture was not specifically the same as the traditional African style. He somehow related wearing your hair natural as not pertaining to "holiness". I'll have to find a copy of that letter before my UHOP sisters and brothers come in calling me a liar LOL..

Grace and McCollough preferred women with long hair. It was nothing more than a physical preference. Therefore they falsely persuaded the women that long flowing Euro-centric hair was more "GODLY". Not to be disrespectful to my UHOP sisters but your "Daddy" didn't find the natural texture of your hair attractive. It had absolutely nothing to do with religion.

^^^BTW before someone misquotes me I didn't say that "Daddy" thought you were ugly Sister @Nappy Head; or anybody else for that matter. I'm just discussing a taboo subject that most are afraid to address especially in the UHOP.
Helped By This Column

Charlotte, NC

#6576 Sep 17, 2013
Glad to see you guys back. I find this blog so enlightening, and it disappointed me not to find new teachings. Thanks!
I know better now

United States

#6577 Sep 17, 2013
I had been a member since I was 3 yrs old. I can go on and on and on about alot of things that are questionable in the Hop as we call it. My thing was everytime you ask someone about why we do this and why we do that nobody could give you a straight answer and all the answers were different. I went to older members people that I knew would be able to clear up my concerns and issues but it was still the same. Alot of the young folk have left where I use to attend and it is my prayer that my daughter and grandson come on up out of there cause I know in my heart it's not right. Way to complicated and church of all things is not complicated. Replacing GOD and JESUS name in songs it's just rediculous and I have waisted enough time on this foolishness already. I was guilty of it to for years but I finally woke up Thank you JESUS
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#6578 Sep 17, 2013
One of the biggest signs that tell you, you are in a Cult is when they control what you do with your life. Telling people what to wear, eat and drink is the first signs of a Cult. What does this have to do with Religion? If they spent as much time on Saving souls as they do on Controlling souls Church would be a joy to go to. I keep telling people it doesn’t take much to serve God. It takes a whole lot to serve a Man. Everything they don’t like, they don’t want you to like. When you really sit down and examine the rules that are handed down by these Bishops they are all filled with Hate.

These Bishops were supposed to Guide you, not Lead you. The moment you realize you are being lead, you should run like hell. Once they get away with one rule that you follow, they continue. They start out with something simple like wearing a Uniform, they are testing the waters. When Uniforms were first design, Church members were not in that equation, it was for professional use only. Stop falling for the hype, accept what God allows and that’s by enjoying the life God gave to you.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#6579 Sep 18, 2013
I say this all the time; too much emphasis is put on what to eat, wear, and do. They like to say the Bible said don’t eat this don’t eat that. My question is since we pray over the food before we eat it; why not believe that prayer will protect all the food we eat.

Granted some people are allergic to certain foods but if you are not why not enjoy them all. Why pray over your food if you believe some of it will hurt you. For those who claimed they didn’t believe in God, whose name “did they call” the moment they knew they were dying.

Rules like these keeps people from doing the right things. I didn’t eat Pork, but I shot John. I wore my Uniform, but I took my sisters husband. I paid my Tithes, but I hate this one. I didn’t pay my rent, but I’m on Puffy‘s club.

Can we truly say we follow everything that is taught in the Bible? Teach your Members how to live on the earth God put us on and they wouldn’t have to believe God sent a Man for you to go through to get to him.

Another “Common Sense” thing to think about on how you allow someone else to Control the life God gave to you.
Cultastic

Charlotte, NC

#6580 Sep 18, 2013
First let me say welcome Sister @I know better now. There are a few variables associated with why you can't get straight answers in the UHOP. First of all most people only attend the UHOP because their parents made them members before they even knew their name. Very few people do any independent research about the UHOP or religion in general. Shut up and do as you're told. Secondly, we have to be very aware that Brother Grace was purposely elusive about his life. Keep in mind members are just recently finding out that he was married several times and he had children. The leadership makes sure to keep information about Grace like that out of the "Truth and Facts" books and other UHOP literature. One has to ask why? It's a simple answer. They hide it because Grace was dishonest about who he was and they don't want members to dig deeper into the character of Daddy the MAN (insert sarcasm and smirk).

He deliberately oppressed and controlled the minds of poor black people for his own selfish agendas. Very little is known about him in the UHOP. We've accepted the little information they tell us about him but never dig deeper. The strength of the UHOP is the ignorance of the members. "It feels good, it feels right; therefore it is right." The enemy is knowledge and intelligence. The feed you a little bit of truth with a lot of lies.

The thing that is sad is that most people take more issue with the way I discuss the subject matter of the UHOP than the actual content of what I say. This misdirection of emotion is the exact reason why the Daddy deception continues to survive and people are continuing to be extorted; literally and figuratively. Members ignore the message and attack the messenger because they can't comprehend the fact that Daddy is and was just a man. The truth in the UHOP is so naked and exposed that my sisters and brothers feel sorry for it and cover it or their eyes to avoid the embarrassment.
Cultastic

Charlotte, NC

#6581 Sep 18, 2013
Here's some food for thought that I pray my UHOP sisters and brothers can digest. Your dear sweet Bishop Lady Dee has her academic honors program for the kids. Here's where the manipulation begins. Members (with children) donate to this program. Then she decides that if your children don't attend Sunday School regularly they can't get the little $25 gift she gives. Who keeps attendance at Sunday School BTW; but I digress. Now couldn't you just give your own child the $25 dollars instead of giving it to her and allowing her to establish herself as philantropic when in fact she's only giving your child your money.<<< Read that thought a few times.

Let's use an example: Dad works nights and weekends and doesn't get off work to make it to Sunday School (9:00 AM) but he can make Sunday service (11:00 AM) "faithfully". The family only has one car so unless mom and the honor student carpool to Sunday School with other members they can't make it regularly. Subsequently, the hard working honor student can't get his/her $25 because of circumstances beyond their control. <<< Read this thought a few times as well.

First of all she's not giving away her money and even if she was you gave it to her. It's your money and there is not even a board or think tank of regular members to provide input on how it's utilized. Please don't talk about your General Assembly because nothing members suggest will ever be accepted or considered unless it's in the interest of Daddy and his holy mobsters.

WAKE UP..... The religious ponzi schemes and shenanigans of the UHOP have nothing to do with GOD. Illogical reasoning in the name of a "FAITH" have nothing to do with the Creator. They openly abuse your sincerity and love for GOD yet you view free thinking people like myself as "wolves in sheep's clothing". They're going to continue to lie to you and collect your $2,000 down payments on your trip to heaven while they enjoy heaven on earth until you free your mind and close your checkbooks.

AGAPE
Cultastic

Charlotte, NC

#6582 Sep 18, 2013
Gee-Tee wrote:
I didn’t pay my rent, but I’m on Puffy‘s club.
Hey Gee-Tee speaking of rent. I just got word that another UHOP member got evicted today. In DC I'm almost positive that they evict about 2-3 active members a month. Now that may not be an exact statistic but I would bet I was very close in my assumption.

The saddest part is that her possessions were put out by men of GOD that she serves with. Couldn't the leadership just check to see if she's paid any tithes and wipe out her debt? I mean after all it's not about profit and there are no mortgages on any of the properties correct?

"A bus driver will never be qualified to successfully or properly execute the duties of being the CEO of a billion dollar corporation even IF he believes GOD sent him to do so."~~Author Cultastic
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#6583 Sep 18, 2013
Cultastic wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Gee-Tee speaking of rent. I just got word that another UHOP member got evicted today. In DC I'm almost positive that they evict about 2-3 active members a month. Now that may not be an exact statistic but I would bet I was very close in my assumption.
The saddest part is that her possessions were put out by men of GOD that she serves with. Couldn't the leadership just check to see if she's paid any tithes and wipe out her debt? I mean after all it's not about profit and there are no mortgages on any of the properties correct?
"A bus driver will never be qualified to successfully or properly execute the duties of being the CEO of a billion dollar corporation even IF he believes GOD sent him to do so."~~Author Cultastic
What’s so sad these members will go to a Government ran shelter for free or some friend or relative house for free and continue to give Puffy their all. No Church that robs the community they serve should ever evict anyone. They continue to rob them and give them nothing back in return.

They stop speaking to you and call me all kind of names because we speak the truth. The more they are mistreated by the powers that be, they love it. Makes you want to holler and throw up both your hands.
I agree

United States

#6584 Sep 18, 2013
@ GeeTee You are so right as you normally are. Why would they continuously give $2000 and not inquire what it's being used for and what's worse is to not even know what the return in their investment will be. I know many that make daddy's club at least 3 times a year but still working a regular job without thinking of investing in a business of their own. What kind of blessing can I get for $2k? Somebody please tell me.
Helped by this Column

Charlotte, NC

#6585 Sep 18, 2013
What city does the member reside in who got convicted this time? This is so sad. When I voted in the primary elections a couple weeks ago, a senior member of our church (NC), told me how she's paying the IRS taxes because she was audited and when they asked for documentation of her G-class report claim, the HOP wouldn't give documentation to her. Therefore, the IRS is making her pay back taxes on that money. If they didn't want to provide the documentation (why not?), the least they could have done was pay the fine. So shady!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min guest 560,328
Pope challenges Muslims to condemn violence 9 min QUITTNER Dec 26 2014 2
What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Dec 23 USA Born 83,901
Pope's role in Cuba deal fractures Cuban-Americ... Dec 23 woodtick57 4
Cuba Deal Is Major Victory for Pope's Diplomati... Dec 22 John 4
Vatican signals new tone on US nuns Dec 21 Raymond F Rice 2
Pope plays key role in Cuba-US policy shift Dec 21 Doc Proper 12
More from around the web