United House of Prayer for All People...

United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

There are 10375 comments on the www.topix.net story from Apr 7, 2008, titled United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot.... In it, www.topix.net reports that:

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.topix.net.

Egyptology

Concord, CA

#6316 Aug 22, 2013
wow i cant believe this, i pray that family has some warren buffet money because that was crazy. an unborn child come on black people think, we been struggling too long to make ends meet. its time for us to be financially free and riding expensives cars and have luxury homes. people ask me why do i want those things and i say why not. i am telling y'all to let go of that willie lynch chip it still exist just in a form of religion. think black people think.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#6317 Aug 22, 2013
Hebrewsunite wrote:
@Custastic,
Our Mighty warrior, as sad and sickening as this story is, how do the parents of that child look at each other knowing they have agreed to pimp their unborn child. Is the allure to be recognized in the HOP eradicating common sense? It is obvious this Scripture is NEVER taught in the HOP;
Mat 6:1 Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.
Mat 6:2 Therefore when thou doest [thine] alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
Mat 6:3 But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:
Mat 6:4 That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.
These people are their own worst enemies...
Perfectly stated....
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#6318 Aug 22, 2013
Big Tiny wrote:
<quoted text> i get a bag of chips every night and click on this blog to see the mud slinging contest... Looks like its getting brutal..........I want people to be free too.... But! Arent u guys tired of talking about the crap...???? No shots fired.... Just saying...#iknowaintnobyaskme..
I do try to stay away from personal attacks as much as possible. I had to ask myself yesterday am I wasting my time trying to reach my UHOP sisters and brothers? I now completely understand why most people walk away and never reach back. They just disappear into relative obscurity as it relates to the UHOP. Then I sit and look at the innocent children being lead to religious slaughter in their pretty uniforms; dressed up as maids not having a clue of what the little girls before them had to endure.

From a perspective of doctrines and teachings I rarely discuss scripture with my UHOP sisters and brothers unless they bring it up. However, it's so difficult to not at least try to help a young sister or brother who wants better but just doesn't know better. I just can't stop wrestling with the fact that these are black sisters and brothers that are being enslaved by another black brother and he knows it.

I prefer to discuss my own experiences so that maybe someone else won't have to go through the same thing. I posted a link to a court case. I was sued by the organization for simply trying to organize a tenant's association to help the very people who can't stand me. A brother was just recently illegally evicted for $100.00 in fees that he didn't even know had accrued. His monthly rent was current. The system knows that the members can't afford to hire legal representatives and most are just completely ignorant of the laws so they just do what they want to do. It's a sad day when our people are so damaged that they can't even recognize when somebody who looks just like them is trying to help them. Yet the brother in the fancy suits and cars who doesn't live like you that carries a church title is the person that you trust unconditionally.

Even if it can be proven that he's being a bad steward over "GOD's money" you still turn around and keep giving it to him. If you don't believe me let those DC numbers stop and see just how much shouting good times y'all have.
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

#6320 Aug 22, 2013
Cultastic wrote:
Good Afternoon ALCON:
I try not to discuss UHOP current events. My UHOP sisters and brothers believe that I want to know what's going on in the organization and they believe I stay around snooping for the latest UHOP gossip and dirt. On the contrary I don't. I only know what's going on from disgruntled members that contact me looking for a way out.
With that being said I just got a message in my inbox on Facebook regarding a service on Monday night that the Bishop attended. So apparently there were a total of 88 people that made DC ($176,000). Bishop reportedly was only there for about a little over an hour. However, the twist to the story is that allegedly from the 88 that made the illustrious DC one was somebody's dog and another was somebody's unborn child.
Wait let me repeat that so that it can sink in: "However, the twist to the story is that allegedly from the 88 that made the illustrious DC one was somebody's dog and another was somebody's unborn child."
Now I don't know if it's true but just when I thought that the religious cooning couldn't get any worse in the UHOP this happens. I'm quite sure Bishop and his crew got in the Maybach laughing all the way home like: "These have to be some of the stupidest people on the face of the earth." Every UHOP member should be offended at how ignorant this is. You should be outraged at just how ignorant your family members are acting all in the name of "Daddy". People that shout and worship with you right now are starving and barely making it but they think it's cute to give money to a rich man and say it's from a dog.(I'm fighting the urge to use every profane word in my vocabulary).
That $2,000 for an unborn child could have gone in a savings account for the kid's education. This is nothing more than unmitigated stupidity. To be honest I wish I hadn't heard this story because I'm so outraged by it right now. Some crazy UHOP sister or brother is going to come on here and make an excuse for this ignorance too I assure you.
What's the next trend Daddy's Club for pets and fetuses?
My question would be: Which person will God give the credit to for the sacrifice?
Eyes Wide Open

United States

#6321 Aug 22, 2013
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#6322 Aug 22, 2013
Eyes Wide Open wrote:
http://www.exitsupportnetwork. com/recovery/leave.htm
Good reading!
FORWARD

Washington, DC

#6323 Aug 22, 2013
Eyes Wide Open wrote:
http://www.exitsupportnetwork. com/recovery/leave.htm
***AWESOME**^
Big Tiny

Brooklyn, NY

#6324 Aug 23, 2013
Gee-Tee wrote:
<quoted text>
After what just happen, Never. Not until I’ve reach the minds of the youth that are following these close minded people. They are our future; no way should our youth ever think they are supposed to give up their lives to a Man that means them no good. Too much is at stake. If I had spoken up instead of leaving years ago, maybe some changes could have been made. I gave up once; I’ll keep trying until the day I die. A change has got to come.
I want the youth to know what joy is really about, What God our Father in Heaven had in store for them. We are the chosen race. God gave us Africa that has all the Natural Resources in the world. We lost it because we did not cherish what we had. We are the true Kings and Queens of this world. We are the only race that is true blacks with hair like a lamb, in the image of our Father.
Its time our people know who we are. We lead the world before; we should be leading it now. Once we give our people back their sense of pride, everything is going to be alright.
If I could just teach them to believe in themselves then I have made a change.
If this board is the only way I can reach them, so let it be.
Lord God have mercy on my soul because it’s crying out loud.
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can; which should be changed,
and the Wisdom to distinguish the difference
Go buy some more chips, Big Tiny my work is not finish
Peace and Love
I dig! Godspeed!
Big Tiny

Brooklyn, NY

#6325 Aug 23, 2013
Cultastic wrote:
<quoted text>
I do try to stay away from personal attacks as much as possible. I had to ask myself yesterday am I wasting my time trying to reach my UHOP sisters and brothers? I now completely understand why most people walk away and never reach back. They just disappear into relative obscurity as it relates to the UHOP. Then I sit and look at the innocent children being lead to religious slaughter in their pretty uniforms; dressed up as maids not having a clue of what the little girls before them had to endure.
From a perspective of doctrines and teachings I rarely discuss scripture with my UHOP sisters and brothers unless they bring it up. However, it's so difficult to not at least try to help a young sister or brother who wants better but just doesn't know better. I just can't stop wrestling with the fact that these are black sisters and brothers that are being enslaved by another black brother and he knows it.
I prefer to discuss my own experiences so that maybe someone else won't have to go through the same thing. I posted a link to a court case. I was sued by the organization for simply trying to organize a tenant's association to help the very people who can't stand me. A brother was just recently illegally evicted for $100.00 in fees that he didn't even know had accrued. His monthly rent was current. The system knows that the members can't afford to hire legal representatives and most are just completely ignorant of the laws so they just do what they want to do. It's a sad day w our people are so damaged that they can't even recognize when somebody who looks just like them is trying to help them. Yet the brother in the fancy suits and cars who doesn't live like you that carries a church title is the person that you trust unconditionally.
Even if it can be proven that he's being a bad steward over "GOD's money" you still turn around and keep giving it to him. If you don't believe me let those DC numbers stop and see just how much shouting good times y'all have.
well said! Im blessed and happy to say that I dont give a dime! I go and spectate... See my family. Listen to a little of the racket bands... Well..... Some of them are good... Well.. I guess the creativity moves me...... Anyways I respect anyone who choses to fight for those without a voice. It is my hope that I didnt offend anyone pf you! Im very happy in the fact that I know Jesus now....... For myself......Of course I want the truth to be made known.... The comfort I have is I dont have to wait for Jesus to come out at 9ish....His comfort comes in my home... Not at a packed church depending on where hotter den' a muggg with no seat! Chicken wing platter cost waaaaay more than it should.... Yes I am sooooo mad about the chicken wing platter! Outrageous! Anywho i wish you well and your quest to free the people of god! Oh and Gee-tee! Tonight I had the big bag of Herr's Old bay seasoned chips! Tangy!
Hebrewsunite

Seattle, WA

#6326 Aug 23, 2013
Egyptology wrote:
wow i cant believe this, i pray that family has some warren buffet money because that was crazy. an unborn child come on black people think, we been struggling too long to make ends meet. its time for us to be financially free and riding expensives cars and have luxury homes. people ask me why do i want those things and i say why not. i am telling y'all to let go of that willie lynch chip it still exist just in a form of religion. think black people think.
Man! I wish the bulb for brilliant was even bigger! Very well stated.

Shaluwm~
Hebrewsunite

Seattle, WA

#6327 Aug 23, 2013
Cultastic wrote:
<quoted text>
I prefer to discuss my own experiences so that maybe someone else won't have to go through the same thing. I posted a link to a court case. I was sued by the organization for simply trying to organize a tenant's association to help the very people who can't stand me. A brother was just recently illegally evicted for $100.00 in fees that he didn't even know had accrued. His monthly rent was current. The system knows that the members can't afford to hire legal representatives and most are just completely ignorant of the laws so they just do what they want to do. It's a sad day when our people are so damaged that they can't even recognize when somebody who looks just like them is trying to help them. Yet the brother in the fancy suits and cars who doesn't live like you that carries a church title is the person that you trust unconditionally.
Gal 6:2
Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of the Mashiyah.

Rom 15:1

We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves.

Steady on my brother...
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

#6328 Aug 23, 2013
Peace to everyone,

Take a moment to read the attached posting. Maybe some of us are afraid to get to know the TRUTH about the intention God had for us. Sometimes sugar tastes better than carrots, but the carrots is better for you. Satan would prefer us to eat a honey bun and a pepsi than to eat the fruits, green vegetables, and drink the water that God provided. We embrace deception because it feels so good, it taste good, and everyone we pretty much know is doing it. Could we stop and think that maybe satan is behind all of the hoopla to distract us from serving God the way God prefers so much that we fail to give the TRUTH and God a chance. We won't even be willing to listen or read the truth in it's simplest terms. Read an example of a reference of what is taking place with us and around us....it's happening everywhere.

http://www.macquirelatory.com/Spirit%20of%20G...
Egyptology

United States

#6329 Aug 23, 2013
@eyes on christ...........wow
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#6330 Aug 23, 2013
Eyes on Christ wrote:
Peace to everyone,
Take a moment to read the attached posting. Maybe some of us are afraid to get to know the TRUTH about the intention God had for us. Sometimes sugar tastes better than carrots, but the carrots is better for you. Satan would prefer us to eat a honey bun and a pepsi than to eat the fruits, green vegetables, and drink the water that God provided. We embrace deception because it feels so good, it taste good, and everyone we pretty much know is doing it. Could we stop and think that maybe satan is behind all of the hoopla to distract us from serving God the way God prefers so much that we fail to give the TRUTH and God a chance. We won't even be willing to listen or read the truth in it's simplest terms. Read an example of a reference of what is taking place with us and around us....it's happening everywhere.
http://www.macquirelatory.com/Spirit%20of%20G...
I have been saying the same thing in my posts, none of this EXTRA is necessary to worship God, once again if you read the book of ACTS where the house of Lydia, the Phillipian jailer, the house of Cornelius, Saul being converted to Paul; they never acted in this way once they were saved. This is man-made to the fullest!
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

#6331 Aug 23, 2013
MSD wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been saying the same thing in my posts, none of this EXTRA is necessary to worship God, once again if you read the book of ACTS where the house of Lydia, the Phillipian jailer, the house of Cornelius, Saul being converted to Paul; they never acted in this way once they were saved. This is man-made to the fullest!
Absolutely true!
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#6332 Aug 23, 2013
Come to Church for $1000!
by Stephen R. Bradd
----------

Imagine, if you will, what would happen if some eccentric, billionaire philanthropist announced in your local newspaper that during a certain assembly of the church he would present each person who was gathered with $1000?
The population of Clinton, Illinois, where I live is only about 7000 souls, and the building where the saints assemble is small and can only seat around 100-125 comfortably (and that's only if we use a bunch of extra chairs in the aisles and partitioned classrooms). Where we normally would have 25-30 gathered, I would expect several hundred packed into every corner of the building for something like this (standing up, of course, to make more room for others). I can envision thousands of people covering every inch of the church yard. If people really believed the philanthropist was going to keep his word, the majority of the city would probably show up and even those from neighboring communities would catch wind of the news and make the journey. I can imagine this part of town being shut down with gridlock as so many vehicles tried to arrive on time (and find somewhere--anywhere--to park for an hour or two). I wouldn't be surprised to see people struggling for position, trying to get closer (preferably, inside the building) and thereby guaranteeing that they wouldn't miss out on an easy grand. I'm sure the newspaper and television crews would be present and there would be a lot of excitement and an optimistic spirit of anticipation. I imagine even some brethren who often struggle to make it on time would arrive uncharacteristically early and likely even bring all their family members, neighbors, and friends, too.

I can see both the rich and the poor, the fat and the frail, the believers and the infidels, the conservatives and the liberals, and the famous and the infamous showing up for a gathering like this. People who hadn't spoken to each other in years would stand next to each other, if necessary. The "once-a-weekers" and the "once-in-a-whilers" would certainly be there. The "shut-ins" would find a way to get there if at all possible as would those who normally sleep in. The backsliders would slide back into place and all of the puny excuses and anemic alibis and any other kind of lies people have been telling themselves (and concerned Christians) about why they didn't attend worship would disappear like roaches before Raid. Yes indeed, this gathering of people would make the average political convention look like a country picnic--that is, until the money was passed out. Surely there'd be a major slump at church after that (though I suppose the local economy might be greatly stimulated!).

Friends, obviously, the above scenario is not likely to happen anywhere soon (in fact, I would be against it even if I knew a generous tycoon who desired to make it happen). Such an emphasis on money would do no good for the Lord's work or the recipients of the money. Local businesses would benefit and the generous giver would probably feel pretty good, but that'd be about it. The chances of converting someone to the truth when covetousness is used as the chief motivator is exceedingly slim.

I want to leave you with a simple thought to reflect upon as well as some powerful words of wisdom from Jesus. What kind of person would do for money what he would not do for his own soul? Why does $1000 inspire action where the reality of impending judgment and certain death do not? Our Lord declared in Matthew 16:24-26 - "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself and take up his cross, and follow Me. For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it. For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?"
prince rod

United States

#6333 Aug 26, 2013
You don't need to respond, but I'm going to drop some knowledge on you. YOU CAN'T GET THIS from any Gentile(i.e Japheth's descendants or heathens)

Peep this. Why didn't the Spirit of Truth call that Ethiopian in Acts 8 a GENTILE? He was classified by his nationality. He was a dark-skinned(i.e. black man) WHO WAS A HEBREW ISRAELITE. How did the continent of Africa come in contact with GOD ALMIGHTY and with the descendants of SHEM. That mystery is recorded in Genesis. Look on a WORLD MAP and see where the Cape Verde is located. KNOW THOU HERITAGE!!!

So let me amuse you and your buddies: You and your buddies are what I call Esau's Little Brothers. Read the story about Esau. He sold his birthright; he didn't understand his Heritage. If you understood or understand your Heritage, then you need not go to another faith or place of worship. THE WORD says Deut 12:13 - "Take heed to thyself(Hebrew Israelites) that thou OFFER NOT thy burnt offerings IN EVERY PLACE THAT THOU SEEST". THIS is HERITAGE homeboy!

You see Bishop Grace knew who he was, he understood his birthright, his HERITAGE. Every race of people know their heritage, BUT the African-American. Even the "so-called" people who label themselves as "jews" know their heritage. YET the Holy Book says that the Hebrew Israelites would forget and lose their Heritage. Don't believe me? What did Jeremiah say as recorded in 17:4.

Now the deep stuff….When Daddy Grace came to America and built God's House and called it according to the Word of GOD; what he did was bring the KNOWLEDGE of our Heritage.

When Daddy Grace brought the 365x7 of keeping God's House open; what he brought was our Heritage.

When Daddy Grace brought praising GOD in the dance, shout, and with instruments; what he brought was our Heritage. BTW, it is not the lyrics that are copyrighted for the bands, it is the ARRANGEMENT of how the bands play their music that are copyrighted. Any fool would know that "shout" did not come from Dixieland. Daddy Grace could play the keyboard and he could play that type of music on it and that was BEFORE HE CAME TO AMERICA. He brought the "shout" concept WITH HIM!

When Daddy Grace brought "convocation" and what that means; He brought our Heritage. No other religion in America talked about a convocation UNTIL the UHOPFAP made this concept known. Most religious organizations called their meetings conventions.

When Daddy Grace came preaching GOD's Word, he came preaching in WORD and DEED. What he did was bring our Heritage.

I say this: YOU and YOUR HOMIES have done as ESAU and DESPISED YOUR OWN HERITAGE. I don't you fault you for not understanding the UHOPFAP faith COMPLETELY. I fault you for not understanding AND THEN CONDEMNING God's House. The UHOPFAP organization is NOT PERFECT and neither are all it's members nor the church that is in the "house". This is why we have pastors, bishops, letters from the Bishop so to provide instruction so that the people of GOD could GROW unto PERFECTION and INTO UNITY. READ Eph 4:11-13. And meditate on that. This is meat i'm giving.

You and your homies are carnal and that is why your questions are carnal. You put ANY and EVERYTHING between you and serving GOD ALMIGHTY in HIS House. But, I on the other hand WILL NOT put ANYTHING between ME and GOD ALMIGHTY. That's means NO member nor member of the UHOPFAP no-church member nor church member, no bishop nor bishop, no elder nor elder, no creed nor creed, no by-laws nor by-laws CAN COME BETWEEN ME SERVING GOD ALMIGHTY in HIS House. See Eph 2:18. Access to The Father IS ONLY by ONE SPIRIT through Jesus Christ the chief cornerstone of UHOPFAP.

Bye….
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#6334 Aug 26, 2013
prince rod wrote:
KNOW THOU HERITAGE!!!
I read this entire post and couldn't decide whether or not to ignore Brother @Prince Rod or to educate him. My brother I commend you for at least trying to discuss the topic of Bishop Grace and the UHOP intellectually. However, I must let you know that according to the content of your post clearly you don't "know your heritage."

The COGIC is celebrating their 106th Holy Convocation in November this year. Their convocation is older than your organization and it was never called a convention. The Pentecostal movement in America was started circa 1906 with events like the Azusa street revivals. Speaking in tongues and dancing/shouting as a show of the "holy ghost" was common. That started almost 20 years before Grace was able to establish a stable church. Therefore, he didn't bring that type of worship or the music to America.

BTW on the matter of shout bands look up the Bahamas Brass Band. This band was started in 1925. I've not found any record of the UHOP having brass bands until the 1940s. In fact check the link below to hear and example of the origins of your "shout bands". Sorry to break your heart but Brother Grace was not the first one to incorporate brass bands into a worship service.

Bishop Grace was raised in a Catholic culture in the Cape Verdes. He definitely wasn't raised listening to that style of music. I doubt he brought that style of "shout music" with him on the piano. It is more believable that he learned it when he got here through practicing with other religious sects; largely African American. Here's a fact for you Bishop Grace never establish American citizenship and battled legal troubles with it for many years. Ever wonder why he never really had one place of residence? It also allowed him to avoid the IRS and paying state taxes.(*whispers that's illegal you know)

On the issue of the music and copyrights brother you are way off. I'll keep it simple for you with an example. I arrange a song lyrics, music, etc. You go and re-arrange the song just a little bit and then it becomes yours, now you own it. <<< Read that for understanding and think about. How is that possible? Firstly in order to do so you would have to get permission from the original artist to record that song. Your bands don't have the copyrights to any music they play and never will. How can you have rights to a song that GOD inspired Kirk Franklin to write? Why didn't GOD inspire you to write an original song? I get it you took to "another level". Well you can take to whatever level you want in your mind that still doesn't make it an "original". Everything Grace incorporated into his doctrines came from some other sect, denomination, and/or religion.
LA for Christ

Grovetown, GA

#6335 Aug 26, 2013
prince rod U!!! need to kno ur HERITAGE it began with HAM not SHEM our Lord Jesus came down throuhg SHEM & i'm sure u r not a HEBREW now U read Acts 8:27-38 than read Isaiah 56:3-8 u should kno that EVERYTHING & i mean EVERYTHING that happened back than & now & forever is permitted by the almight GOD
ISpyWithMyThirdE ye

Framingham, MA

#6336 Aug 26, 2013
prince rod wrote:
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I'm stressed right now and I needed this laugh! Thanks for bringing the humor, "homeboy"!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 27 min Michael 665,189
News Pope Francis's Visit to Turkey Embroiled in Par... (Dec '14) Sat Azat 2
News As election nears, Pope Francis warns against f... Dec 1 Communist In A Dress 20
News Region's Catholic bishop welcomes Pope's stance... Nov 30 Cops are degenerates 35
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Nov 29 narako 2
News Free Presbyterians 'will protest' Pope's visit Nov 29 narako 1
News Pope Francis confers Ratzinger Prizes, pays tri... Nov 29 narako 1
More from around the web