United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

Full story: www.topix.net

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ...
Comments
6,161 - 6,180 of 8,182 Comments Last updated 34 min ago
Eyes Wide Open

Concord, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

Cultastic wrote:
I can take everything said about me true or false with dignity and not get offended. In contrast can you do the same when it comes to your Daddy and the doctrines you claim to be the "true" teachings of GOD......
I have noticed that whenever any 'truth and facts' have been posted be it in a link, or stories told of past exepriences suffered from any of the 'daddy's', NO ONE from the UHOP has a comment about said info, be it good, bad or indifferent. Like they don't even see it. At least I haven't seen it. But I haven't read all these pages either. No one has any comment on the rapes, the pregnancies, the STD's. Yes, it all sounds ugly, but is all true.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

Read with an open mind wrote:
Please stop trying to defend the HOP because you are doing a terrible job at it anyway.
From the mouth of one of your true UHOP members

Throw away that book the UHOP published called ďTruth and FactsĒ its all lies. Something they conjured up to keep you in line. If it had so much Truth in it they should have been giving it away. No, you had to buy a book of lies.

The real truth is Grace was a Pedophile looking to get Rich on the backs of uneducated Black folks. Every Church was built in Poor Black Neighborhoods. Who would listen to a poor black child crying rape? UHOP members didnít and still donít believe it.

Grace was twenty eight when he married his first wife who was only seventeen. In the UHOP the girls he raped were as young as thirteen. What better place to hide your inadequacy then in a poor Black Neighborhood Church. Thatís why he named it ďFor all PeopleĒ. He could hide behind the name, like so many of you are doing today. Grace played us better then a fiddler and each Bishopís did the same thing. You can read now, whatís your excuse.

Talking about wolves in sheepís clothing its Puffy turn now. How many more false Men are you all willing to accept, its all about Control and Money. Puffy wants 2,000 every time he visits your State; heís squeezing blood out of turnips. Itís time to stop this madness. Be good to yourselves. The UHOP gives nothing back, not even a free meal.

God is trying to tell you all something about the teaching in the UHOP; but the ones willing to make the change are out numbered. Change is a powerful word. Your mind must be willing to change.

To Change means: Transform; Modify; Revolutionize; Adjust; Amend; Vary; Alteration; Alter all these words represent change. Six letter word that is so Powerful.
The problem with Change is you might have to endure some pain.
Helped By This Column

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

You know what, Gee-Tee? I did exactly what you just said do. Instead of being a fool and giving a rich man $2,000, I went out and bought myself a Cadillac. It's not brand new, but I sure do feel good riding down the street in it. It didn't cost a million dollars, but I feel like a million dollars when I'm in it. Thanks again for these posts. Instead of people showing their crude ignorance, they should read them for what they're worth. I'll say it again. They helped my open my eyes, and I try to keep my mind open all the time. Have a wonderful day, and keep the spiritual food flowing!
Helped By This Column

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

And obviously, I don't care who knows who I am! I'm never going to give enough to get one of those big numbers anyway!
MSD

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

Helped By This Column wrote:
And obviously, I don't care who knows who I am! I'm never going to give enough to get one of those big numbers anyway!
Good for you!!!! I am happy for you! Prayerfully your eyes will be so opened that you will ride that Caddy right out the door! LOL
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

Helped By This Column wrote:
You know what, Gee-Tee? I did exactly what you just said do. Instead of being a fool and giving a rich man $2,000, I went out and bought myself a Cadillac. It's not brand new, but I sure do feel good riding down the street in it. It didn't cost a million dollars, but I feel like a million dollars when I'm in it. Thanks again for these posts. Instead of people showing their crude ignorance, they should read them for what they're worth. I'll say it again. They helped my open my eyes, and I try to keep my mind open all the time. Have a wonderful day, and keep the spiritual food flowing!
Thatís a Great start, good for you. Wait until you see all the blessing God has in store for you. Since UHOP members like to quote what Puffy say, where does it say anywhere Puffy should live Rich and we Live Poor. Enjoy your ride, Iím riding with you..
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

Cultastic wrote:
I can't understand why one of my UHOP sisters and brothers that's lurking can't come forward and express their distaste for the way @Daddy is the way represented the ideologies of many of the members.
UHOP people like to attack our Character because when we post we hit them down to the bone. Iím sure you feel the same way I do. I could care less what they feel, think or know about me. The truth will be told, no matter whom it hurts. Because one thing for sure, that ďUHOP Only HeavenĒ is not the Heaven they should be trying to get in.

Iím trying to understand why UHOP members view being Gay as a bad thing. Since they have so many Pastors, Music Directors, Piano Players, etc., that are. The only Gay people walking around today hiding their sexuality are Ministers. They have a lot to lose.

I keep telling them they can throw any stone at me, I donít go to the UHOP, but they do. They need to ask themselves if I know the truths about their Bishops imagine what truths I know about them?

My goal is discredit their Leaders and their False Teaching not them. Something they need to think about before they post insults. One thing I have learned in life, the things you hate the most just might become apart of your family.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

AudioEvangelism.com Word Logo HIGH Bandwidth Audio
Lessons for Today from the Rich, Young Ruler (Part 2)
by Stephen R. Bradd
----------

In our prior lesson, we considered the first portion of Douglas Hoff's article on the rich, young ruler. In today's lesson (which was also written by Doug), we will contemplate an important application of the broader context by means of an uninspired parable.
A Modern Parable about Soul-Winning Based on the Rich, Young Ruler
The rich young ruler has been studied for centuries. People of every age need to be reminded about the dangers of putting anything before God. Riches and possessions can have a spiritual strangle hold on the soul that will prevent one from entering heaven. However, in today's world with the prevalence of divorce and remarriage there are many souls who, in God's sight, are living in adultery. Such information is usually a shocking revelation to the ones who find themselves in such a condition since they obeyed the laws of the land, got a marriage license, and went through the proper ceremony to be married. Yet, they failed to consider God's law regarding marriage, divorce, and remarriage [for a detailed study of this topic, please refer to our feature lessons from 05/14/05 and 05/21/05 - SRB]. So, read the following parable which is based on the three accounts of the rich young ruler and see how it applies to today:

One day a certain unscripturally married man was having a Bible study with the preacher when he asked, "Preacher, what should I do to inherit eternal life?" The evangelist replied, "You know the commandments. Do not murder. Do not steal. Do not bear false witness. Honor your father and your mother. Do not covet." The young man said, "All these things I have kept from my youth. What do I still lack?" Then the man of God looking at him, loved him, and said, "One thing you lack. If you want to be perfect go your way and forsake the woman with whom you are living for it is not lawful for you to have her (cf. Matt. 14:4). For the Lord said -'Whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery; and whoever marries her who is divorced commits adultery'(Matt. 19:9). Young man, you must come, take up your cross, and follow Jesus." Now when the young man heard that saying he was very sorrowful for he had a beautiful wife and children.

Granted, the hypothetical preacher said nothing about being baptized for the remission of sins. However, unless a man is willing to repent, baptism will only get him wet (cf. Mark 16:15,16; Acts 2:38). When we are studying the Scriptures with a person who reveals that he or she has been married before, it is wise to bring up the issue of the Lord's will regarding marriage, divorce, and remarriage since marriage is one of the most intimate relationships a person can enter. Far too often when a person learns he is in a "marriage" (as man recognizes it) that is contrary to God's will, he refuses to forsake his partner. Truly, some even get violently upset at the teacher. Others simply try to justify staying together--especially when children have resulted from the adulterous union.

Let's continue the examination of the parable where we left off (cf. Matt. 19:23ff):

The Bible teacher then said to the man, "Assuredly, I say to you that it is hard for an unscripturally married person to enter the kingdom of heaven. It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for such a person to enter the kingdom of God." When the man heard it, he was greatly astonished saying, "Who then can be saved?" The preacher reminded the man that "there are people who have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake" (cf. Matt. 19:12). He continued - "And everyone who has left...wife or children or lands, for My name's sake, shall receive a hundred fold, and inherit eternal life" (Matt. 19:29).

MSD

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Story Continued........

What about you, friends? Are you putting anything or anyone before your relationship with God? Do you love money or your mate more than the Lord? He who loves wife or husband more than Jesus is not worthy of Him (cf. Matt. 10:37).
MSD

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

This story is amazing! How many people do you know that are unscripturally married. This is never taught in the HOP and there are so many people who are living in adulterous unions especially a lot of the pastors. Shouldn't they know better?! And I bet the question of someone being previously married isn't asked by the bishop when a couple is asking permission of marriage. What I do remember that was taken out of content was 1 Cor.7:9 For it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

This doesn't justify all of the unscripturally married people being married more than once to have sexual relations. Just something to think about!

God Bless
MSD

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

"Common Agreement on Mutual Recognition of Baptism"
by Stephen R. Bradd
----------

Earlier in 2013, I saw an article on Huffington Post's website entitled: "U.S. Roman Catholic Church and Protestant Denominations Agree to Recognize Each Other's Baptisms." News articles that have specific connections to religion always catch my eye. Being intrigued, I read the whole article and wanted to share my thoughts about what is being called the "Common Agreement on Mutual Recognition of Baptism."
But before critiquing, let's consider a few specifics. This is an agreement that was entered into by the U.S. Roman Catholic Church, the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), the Christian Reformed Church in North America, the Reformed Church in America, and the United Church of Christ. Essentially, all of these groups will now recognize each other's baptisms as valid since they agree that using "water and the scriptural Trinitarian formula 'Father, Son, and Holy Spirit'" is a must for the baptismal rite.

Bishop Joe Vasquez affirmed regarding the effort that it "is part of our response to Jesus' prayer that we all be one." Friends, Jesus did pray for unity in John 17 and we should pursue it. I'm a strong supporter of genuine efforts at unity--provided people are being united on the truth of God's word as opposed to the traditions of men. In this case, I'm afraid this "Common Agreement" is more of the latter than the former. It seeks unity at the expense of doctrinal purity. An agreement on a couple aspects of one doctrine, where countless disagreements remain elsewhere, is not real unity at all (cf. Amos 3:3).

Scripture is clear that baptism is a burial in water; it is not sprinkling or pouring. Colossians 2:12 affirms that disciples are "buried with Him in baptism." Romans 6:3,4 speaks of being baptized into Jesus' death, specifically being "buried with Him through baptism into death." The religious groups mentioned above do not all agree that Bible baptism requires a burial or immersion (though that is required by the Greek word baptizo). It would have been a noble thing for them to unite on what Scripture teaches and lay aside their man-made traditions regarding sprinkling and pouring, but that is not what happened over the seven year period this agreement was being discussed.

It is noteworthy that they would require specific language be used during a baptism in order for it to be considered valid (cf. Matt. 28:19,20; Acts 19:1-5). Specifically, baptizing in the name of the "Father, Son, and Holy Spirit" is approved in the agreement but not baptizing into the name of the "Creator, Redeemer, and Sanctifier." I appreciate their apparent desire to stick with terminology used in Scripture but am mystified as to why they follow the Scriptures here but not regarding the singular mode of baptism mentioned in the paragraph above (i.e., baptism is a burial). If the proper terminology is important to them, why isn't the mode and reason for baptism important, too?

Some view this "Common Agreement" as a monumental occasion for ecumenical relations. I respectfully disagree with that sentiment. They have come to an agreement on one point of doctrine, but their agreement is not even in harmony with what the Bible teaches on baptism!(cf. Baptism.AudioEvangelism.com ). I'm left wondering: Why bother to enter into an agreement that respects part of God's word for today but dishonors other aspects? Why not take this common agreement and expand it to seek unity on every point of doctrine? Why not dissolve denominational names (that can't be found in the Bible; cf. I Cor. 1:10-13) and seek to simply be the church we can read about in the New Testament--the church that belongs to Jesus (cf. Matt. 16:18)? Now that would be a monumental occasion worth celebrating, in heaven and on earth!
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

@MSD, enjoyed today's lesson:) Very interesting. This is not taught in many churches. I think people feel secure with the 1 Corinthians 7:9 (it's better to marry than to burn). It is so amazing how so much that can save us is disregarded in the church. If only the preachers has more to talk about than "you need the holy ghost and mighty burning fire, and daddy is the answer".
MSD

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Eyes on Christ wrote:
@MSD, enjoyed today's lesson:) Very interesting. This is not taught in many churches. I think people feel secure with the 1 Corinthians 7:9 (it's better to marry than to burn). It is so amazing how so much that can save us is disregarded in the church. If only the preachers has more to talk about than "you need the holy ghost and mighty burning fire, and daddy is the answer".
Good morning Eyes on Christ!

You are correct these men are sending sincere people to hell by not telling them the truth! You have a lot of men who shouldn't be preachers! They don't know and practice God's word to tell anyone anything. Also the that saying "being baptized with the mighty burning fire" is really referring to Hell Fire, being thrown in the pit. Not speaking in jibberish and rolling on the floor. If you read the book of ACTS (the book of conversions) it NEVER stated that someone rolled on the floor, etc the only person who did that had a demonic spirit. Something to make you go Hmmmmmmmm!

God Bless
MSD

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Cultastic

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Good Afternoon ALCON:

I try not to discuss UHOP current events. My UHOP sisters and brothers believe that I want to know what's going on in the organization and they believe I stay around snooping for the latest UHOP gossip and dirt. On the contrary I don't. I only know what's going on from disgruntled members that contact me looking for a way out.

With that being said I just got a message in my inbox on Facebook regarding a service on Monday night that the Bishop attended. So apparently there were a total of 88 people that made DC ($176,000). Bishop reportedly was only there for about a little over an hour. However, the twist to the story is that allegedly from the 88 that made the illustrious DC one was somebody's dog and another was somebody's unborn child.

Wait let me repeat that so that it can sink in: "However, the twist to the story is that allegedly from the 88 that made the illustrious DC one was somebody's dog and another was somebody's unborn child."

Now I don't know if it's true but just when I thought that the religious cooning couldn't get any worse in the UHOP this happens. I'm quite sure Bishop and his crew got in the Maybach laughing all the way home like: "These have to be some of the stupidest people on the face of the earth." Every UHOP member should be offended at how ignorant this is. You should be outraged at just how ignorant your family members are acting all in the name of "Daddy". People that shout and worship with you right now are starving and barely making it but they think it's cute to give money to a rich man and say it's from a dog.(I'm fighting the urge to use every profane word in my vocabulary).

That $2,000 for an unborn child could have gone in a savings account for the kid's education. This is nothing more than unmitigated stupidity. To be honest I wish I hadn't heard this story because I'm so outraged by it right now. Some crazy UHOP sister or brother is going to come on here and make an excuse for this ignorance too I assure you.

What's the next trend Daddy's Club for pets and fetuses?
Eyes Wide Open

Concord, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Literally shaking my head...no words. I had to read it twice.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Wow is this Devil powerful. How does Puffy sleep at night knowing he just took food out of the mouth of a baby. Every time we post strong facts about the UHOP false teaching. One of these die hard UHOP members does something real stupid trying to show us up. What a way to prove your point. You would rather become homeless then to see Puffy fail. Puffy was supposed to give that money back and say this has gone too far, but itís like you said Puffy laughed all the way to his Safety Deposit Box. Lord have Mercy
Hebrewsunite

Bothell, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

@Custastic,

Our Mighty warrior, as sad and sickening as this story is, how do the parents of that child look at each other knowing they have agreed to pimp their unborn child. Is the allure to be recognized in the HOP eradicating common sense? It is obvious this Scripture is NEVER taught in the HOP;

Mat 6:1 Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

Mat 6:2 Therefore when thou doest [thine] alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

Mat 6:3 But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:

Mat 6:4 That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.

These people are their own worst enemies...
LA for Christ

Augusta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Pimping peachers? God loves the person but not the sin he/she commits. And there r homo preachers n the HOP Please Lord have mercy on them
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

When I read things like this it hurts down to the core. Black people are so far behind economically itís a shame. Its things like this that keeps us from rising as a whole to the top. When will we learn the value of Money? Does that family even own their own home, business, do they have a retirement fund or are they one of Puffyís plants to confuse the people so that he can continue to rob them blind. Please tell me that family was not that stupid. It hurts even more when the person that is scamming us is one of our own. Lord please have Mercy on our souls.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Pope Benedict XVI Forum right now

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Behind Enemy Lines 532,967
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Sat Link Forrester 3
More Jul 24 True Christian witness 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Jul 24 ELIAS IBARRA 41
In Manila, Catholics pray for smooth succession (Mar '13) Jul 21 Anonymous 102
Serbian patriarch reportedly opposed to canoniz... Jul 21 Marko 3
Newlywed El Pasoan meets Pope Francis Jul 18 Imperial Chicano 6
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••