United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

Full story: www.topix.net

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ...
Comments
6,121 - 6,140 of 8,260 Comments Last updated Yesterday
Read with an open mind

Rockville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6247
Aug 15, 2013
 

Judged:

4

1

1

please forgive me for being very onesided and only typing and not reading your responses, but seeing how fast you all judged my comment i see you are doing the same. let me start by saying i dont hate you all that are not of our faith nor do i dislike you. i wasnt born in the House of prayer but the tricky part to what you all are saying for me is..... Even if we are totally wrong and even if i never ever read any part of the bible. The issue with me is I called on that man McCollough while I was seeking. mind you i had no interest in truly being saved. i didnt live the worst life but also not the best. But I do remember them saying the Holy Ghost is that Christ spirit that rose Jesus from the dead and was also the spirit that was in the upper room. The problem im having once again is that a spirit that I promise wasnt me shook my hands and my feet and eventually my whole body. I never practiced speaking any outher language but something took over my speech. How could this possibly happen from calling on that man if its not of God? I still feel that same feeling to this day. Something that you all feel is so wrong and so bad gives me a positive attitude in life. It is impossible for a person like me to feel the Holy Ghost if it is something that isnt of God.
Read with an open mind

Rockville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6248
Aug 15, 2013
 

Judged:

4

1

1

Although i am in the wrong and have did the opposite of what my Bishop said to do i am here to tell my fellow United House of Prayer members we have no reason to be mad at these people. We have been hard headed long enough. Reframe from coming back to this site and do what we have been told to do. we are only fueling the fire. The more you comment the happier they are. soon enough they will run out of things to say. It takes 2 to argue. Please stop trying to defend the HOP because you are doing a terrible job at it anyway. I being a grown man made the choice to be subject to my Bishop and thats nobodys choice but mine alone. Fellow HOP members let these people have their space. This is none of our bisiness. Let us just continue to do what we do. This site has nothing to do with us. I am sorry if i took up too much space on your board peace and love.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6249
Aug 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Read with an open mind wrote:
Please stop trying to defend the HOP because you are doing a terrible job at it anyway.
So true, I couldn’t have said this better.

Name one Apostle that put himself in the place of God or put himself on the same level as Jesus. Puffy isn’t walking this earth; he’s being Chauffeured around in a Million Dollar car.

How long did it take you to write this nonsense? You actually believe this junk. You keep running away from the truth. That’s what’s wrong with the UHOP, can’t nobody tell you all anything but these so call Men of God. I hope you like Cherry Kool-Aid.

The only reason UHOP people can’t defend the UHOP is because it’s false. No Scriptures you quote can justify what these Bishops are saying. That’s why when you try to defend it you jump all over the place. You are not reading the Bible with understanding. You are letting some one read it for you, and tell you how they intrepid it. Read the Bible for your self and pray for understanding.

Do drop by again, I’m not going any where until the Lord sees fit. If the UHOP false teaching can survive over 90 years, I’m sure can hang in here. We love you too, Peace.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6250
Aug 15, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

Puzzeled wrote:
<quoted text>
I still can't understand why you are still on this board???!!!
He loves our food, It’s his favorite Restaurant.
daddy MADISON

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6252
Aug 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

I can remember being in a very funny buiLt little bathroom in the front of the sanctuary of The House of prayer in Norfolk on church street when sc madison was bishop on this day i witnessed an elder a Ask then apostle belton who did u choose to preach as in who apostle belton had chosen to preach that day he said and i quote "we aint studdin no preaching we gon get this money and go"!! He sorta smiled when he noticed i was looking directly in his mouth and i thought to myself then that he was the next bishop Even tho he wasn't i knew from.that day forward he was in the big money some how
daddy MADISON

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6253
Aug 15, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

1

Dadd this daddy that a few years ago daddy had Alzheimer's and yall was acting like something spiritual was going on. O yes i can remember sitting there for hours with the promise of the best is yet to come jus for the best to be rambling from one old sermon to the next With somebody standing near by to remind him about what he was preaching(i thought the message was supposedly coming from God)i was there a few times he didn't even kno which bishop he was and yall still Bought it..shouting and crying because this fool done said he was daddy grace Remember "Cant you hear me Voice"'lmao! I seen this with my own eyes NOw tell me How it's not a Cult
LA for Christ

Evans, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6254
Aug 16, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

I've been sick so look n back at different post n on Tue 13th caugh my eye about the Holy Ghost& i must say to 'have a wonderful day' something is really wrong with u You need to repent & b very careful you r getting very close of blasphemy do u not know that the Holy Ghost is a part of the God-head The Trinity God the Father, God the Son, & God the Holy Ghost 9Luke 3:21-22, Matt 3:13-17, & mark 1:9-11) I asked my mom about the Trinity she didn't kno what i was talk n about & than she said we don't believe n that. Watch out & stop play n around Matt 12:30-32 says" He who is not with me is against me, and he who does not gather with me scatters. And so i tell u every sin and blasphemy will b forgiven men but the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit will not b forgiven anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will b forgiven but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will NOT b forgiven either nthis agr or the age to come" You need to think before u speak cause every word either good or bad is being written down & u will hear them again
Helped By This Column

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6255
Aug 16, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

1

@Read With An Open Mind: What has Daddy Bailey done for the people? He walks, collects his money, if he preaches at all, it's a very short arrogant message; then he collects more money and leaves. Were you in Charlotte, when he didn't even stay until midnight on New Year's Eve. Most of the congregation was dumbfounded. We went to church to be there when the clock struck midnight, but Daddy said he felt like it was midnight about 11:30am. I even asked one of the old saints about that; she was a bit dumbfounded, too. Who in the community profits from the Church. Shouldn't the Church spread love in the community, helping those less fortunate who can't afford to drive around in a million dollar car. Can't the Church even feed some of the homeless. Provide after school care for mothers who barely get by, and have to pay hundreds of dollars weekly for child care, but they're still trying to scrape up $2,000 every year to give to a rich man. Didn't Jesus present himself as a very humble man when he was in the flesh. Does Daddy do this? This just confuses me as to how this man is considered to be the one to save people, when most of the Churches time is spent trying to rob people for him?
Helped By This Column

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6256
Aug 16, 2013
 
Sorry, I meant 11:30pm, New Years Eve.
Outside looking in

Mandeville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6257
Aug 16, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Thanks for posting the article from http://www.pimppreacher.com/Hostage-Negotiato...

Just went I thought it was just me - I read something that captures every thought I have. Thank you and great website. http://www.Pimppreacher.com
MSD

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6258
Aug 16, 2013
 
HERE'S A GREAT VIDEO FOR VIEWING!

http://youtu.be/TH79F0Hn56U
Puzzeled

Temple Hills, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6259
Aug 16, 2013
 

Judged:

4

1

1

Live Happy wrote:
 Having a life means using your talents to explore how you can make a positive difference during your short time here on earth, as well as enjoying close relationships and a job that fulfills you.hat does having a life mean?
...AND, "Having a life" also means that you DON'T spend YOUR "short time here on earth" reading the posts of those whom YOU feel do not have a life.....What about using YOUR valuable "time" doing something more "FULFILLING"???? I,m Jus Say'n.
Puzzeled

Temple Hills, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6260
Aug 16, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

Live Happy wrote:
I'm sure everyone has heard the phrase "having a life" or "get a life" from people around you, on tv, etc. Usually it's about having a social life and there's this feeling that goes along with the phrase that I don't particularly care for: that if you aren't doing the same as others around you, you somehow "don't have a life".I ran into this very question asked of me last Friday at work. We'd been having a BBQ at work. I don't remember the details of the conversation that lead up to it but someone asked me, knowing that I don't drink, I don't have any interest in getting a tattoo, I don't swear and comparing not doing these things to how they were when they were growing up, and the people they knew, asking me "but you have a life, right?" (I guess growing up, having a life meant doing those things) I told them "yes, I do" but I did not want to comment further because I had a feeling where the conversation might go. It felt that the implication is that you have to be the same as those around you to be seen as someone who "has a life", and I didn't want to feel like I had to defend myself and/or feel judged. So I let it be.I've never liked people thinking that "having a life" = being social. It seems to be a stereotype. Who is it to judge how you are and what you find happy in your life? Why must you feel like you must conform to how others are in order to fit in? So what does "having a life" mean to you? 
"LIVE HAPPY" You don't sound very "HAPPY"....
Cultastic

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6261
Aug 16, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Read with an open mind wrote:
Although i am in the wrong and have did the opposite of what my Bishop said to do i am here to tell my fellow United House of Prayer members we have no reason to be mad at these people. We have been hard headed long enough. Reframe from coming back to this site and do what we have been told to do. we are only fueling the fire. The more you comment the happier they are. soon enough they will run out of things to say. It takes 2 to argue. Please stop trying to defend the HOP because you are doing a terrible job at it anyway. I being a grown man made the choice to be subject to my Bishop and thats nobodys choice but mine alone. Fellow HOP members let these people have their space. This is none of our bisiness. Let us just continue to do what we do. This site has nothing to do with us. I am sorry if i took up too much space on your board peace and love.
On the contrary brother if you are really reading for comprehension you've been given solid facts and credible information none of which repeats itself. We're not happy because UHOP people comment we're happy when our sisters and brothers come to the knowledge that man is flawed. It's more of being prophylactic treating the religious disease symptoms that we have all experienced.

You may not comment but I'm sure that you'll hang around lurking on the board. Stick around and read with an open mind, I'm quite sure you'll learn something. As for fueling the fire let me drop a little food for thought. It does not matter if anyone comments on this site. The problems of the organization are not going away. Your declining membership has nothing to do with this site or ex-members. The legal issues of the organization have nothing to do with this site or ex-members. If it's your organization and you actually love it then why not be part of fixing it. In order to create a climate of change you must first know the truth and not "Daddy's truth".

"Three things cannot be long hidden: The sun, the moon, and the truth."~~Buddha
Cultastic

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6262
Aug 16, 2013
 

Judged:

6

5

2

daddy MADISON wrote:
i was there a few times he didn't even kno which bishop he was and yall still Bought it..shouting and crying because this fool done said he was daddy grace Remember "Cant you hear me Voice"'lmao! I seen this with my own eyes NOw tell me How it's not a Cult
This was the service where I realized that my time in the UHOP wouldn't be long. In fact I have the recording of that agonizing three or four minutes of insanity. Listening to the people screaming and hollering was so horrifying. I vividly remember the look on many of the Councilmen's faces. They knew that Madison was sick and he had no idea what was going on. He even mimicked Grace's accent and the members believed it to be a miracle.

After that service I had discussions with several of my UHOP sisters and brothers. I asked why can't they just admit the truth about just how sick he is. Every person said: "That's GOD's business." On one hand in the UHOP you say you separate the man from the spirit but you couldn't accept that the man had Alzheimer's.

The reason why they kept doping Madison and dragging him around is simple. If they let you in on exactly how sick he was that brings him down from that level of deity. It would also affect the money flow negatively. Recall they wrote letters about him not being sleep but praying. His behind was knocked out because of all the prescription drugs they had to feed him to calm him down and make him come to the church. He would have fits and tantrums because he didn't want to go to services many times. It's typical behavior or patients suffering from Alzheimer's. When you keep changing their surroundings it makes them disoriented and they often become violent or belligerent. Essentially, they paraded that sick man around like a circus animal exploiting him so that the UHOP mob could continue getting paid. When you think about it's disturbing that in the UHOP even the one you call "Daddy" can be sacrificed and exploited for a dollar . The deception is much larger than just the one man.

In the UHOP the lines between truth and lies is so thin that they appear to be exactly the same to the untrained mind.
Laughing so hard

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6263
Aug 16, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

For the love of Jesus I still can't figure out why a person would scrape up and pay $2000 that you dont have when you don't even have a car and can't get near the pimped out bat mobile . ROTFLMBO!!!!!!!
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6264
Aug 16, 2013
 

Judged:

4

2

2

If you want to see how God looks in HUMAN FORM take a look at how you treat each other. UHOP members frown down on everyone that disagrees with their teaching. How could you think God wants us to separate? It shouldn’t matter what I say or do. The only time you should look down on someone is to pick them up.

UHOP like to cast judgment on those that enjoy life to its fullest. Yet they give that joy to one Man at a time. They see the bad in everyone except UHOP members. When Grace said,“the worst one in the UHOP is better then the best one in the world” gave UHOP members an excuse to continue to do wrong.

Remarks like these are the reason UHOP members are so confuse. Controlling what parts of the Bible didn’t help them at all either.

So I say to those that say we are wrong, you have a choice to right the wrong you see in us. Read your Bible with understanding.

One question: God created different races, how come the UHOP has not reached out to those people. You really believe Heaven is only for Black UHOP people.
Eyes Wide Open

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6265
Aug 16, 2013
 

Judged:

5

1

Gee-Tee wrote:
When Grace said,“the worst one in the UHOP is better then the best one in the world” gave UHOP members an excuse to continue to do wrong.
Remarks like these are the reason UHOP members are so confuse. Controlling what parts of the Bible didn’t help them at all either.
So I say to those that say we are wrong, you have a choice to right the wrong you see in us. Read your Bible with understanding.
One question: God created different races, how come the UHOP has not reached out to those people. You really believe Heaven is only for Black UHOP people.
I heard McCoullough say that the worst one in the HOP was better than the best one in the streets. I didn't know that Grace had said that before him. I also used to wonder about only HOP people going to heaven. As crazy as there things we've been told sound, it's such a shame that we once believed them.
ChristIsTheAnswe r

Temple Hills, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6266
Aug 16, 2013
 

Judged:

7

6

2

MY RESPONSE TO ="Read with an open mind"]

RWAOM wrote: "Daddy is not exalted above God or Jesus"

QUESTION: Then why are ALL songs that are ALREADY, written (by ppl. in the world) giving JESUS the glory and honor, changed to "Daddy" by the HOP mbrs.?

RWAOM wrote: "but when you thank God for something, you have to recognize and honor what that something is."

RESPONSE: Yes, when I "thank GOD for something", I ABSOLUTELY "recognize and honor what that something is".....It is for my LIFE, HEALTH & STRENGTH; for my JOY; for the HEALTH & SAFETY of my family; for LOVING me unconditionally....etc., etc.,

RWAOM wrote: "people that hear the word “Daddy” being used in the House of Prayer (whether mentioned or sung) would think that it’s referring to the bishop"

RESPONSE: If "Daddy" is not referring to the bishop, then why do you refer to him as "Daddy Bailey"? Why not refer to him as Bishop Bailey, since he's not "Daddy"?

RWAOM wrote: "but there is a more spiritual meaning behind the term that is not fully understood until it has been spiritually revealed, which only comes from God through fasting, praying and a desire for the knowledge of the truth."

RESPONSE: Why should we "fast & pray" to understand the name "Daddy", when GOD has given us his son, JESUS CHRIST. We should "fast & pray" for a "desire for knowledge of the truth" of JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD AND SAVIOR!!
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6267
Aug 16, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

Eyes Wide Open wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard McCoullough say that the worst one in the HOP was better than the best one in the streets. I didn't know that Grace had said that before him. I also used to wonder about only HOP people going to heaven. As crazy as there things we've been told sound, it's such a shame that we once believed them.
All it takes is a little common sense to understand the things these so call “Men of God” have been saying don’t make sense. The problem is the UHOP people don’t pay attention too what’s being said. And when they do, they follow it because Daddy said. They don’t want to admit it but they fear Puffy more then they fear God. This mind control is ingrained in some of them. Before they disappoint Puffy they will forsake God.

Here is where common sense jumps in. When they get to the “UHOP Only Heaven” do they want to meet God or their Daddies? If they do meet God are they going to honor God or their Daddies? Will they be able to separate and know the difference? If they don’t change their beliefs the “UHOP Only Heaven” will become the UHOP Hell.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••