United House of Prayer for All People...

United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

There are 10399 comments on the www.topix.net story from Apr 7, 2008, titled United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot.... In it, www.topix.net reports that:

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.topix.net.

Strong Member

Newton, NC

#5816 Jul 31, 2013
God don't like ugliness!!!!
ChristIsTheAnswe r

Fort Washington, MD

#5817 Jul 31, 2013
My Response to "Real Talk"
Real Talk said:
"all yall ex members rather yall was brain wash, put under a spell or whatever once upon a time"...

My Response:
YES, we were brainwashed, but we've had a "renewing of the MIND". GOD, through his son, Jesus Christ, has delivered us. And, because he is a Just and a Merciful GOD, he will deliver YOU, ALSO!

Real Talk said:
"But now you want to act like you don't no where your help comes from"...

My Response:
OH YES, I KNOW MY HELP COMES FROM THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY! And I believe that you know that GOD's GRACE & MERCY has allowed you to be alive and able to write on this board today. TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!!
FORWARD

Rockville, MD

#5818 Jul 31, 2013
We were all once in elementary school, but did we stay there? No! We were elavated to one level after the other. There's a time for everything under the sun. There's a season and purpose for everything in Life. Romans 8:28 says that ALL things work together for the good of those that love the Lord.

You have to give respect in order to receive it. Sometimes I do have to be concious of what I think or say about him b/c at the end of the day it's still my responsibility to LOVE him & his followers. However, there's nothing spiritual about him and I stand strong on that belief. Eversince I read 1 Timothy 2:5 I've been set free. I'm not ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He's my saviour and none other. So why do I continue to talk about what I don't believe in? Because I feel that I'm a part of the ARMY that's rising to LIFT UP THE NAME OF JESUS and I want to share my experience and research with as many as I can (& there are many) who desire to be released from that demonic strong hold on their lives and spirit.
FORWARD

Rockville, MD

#5819 Jul 31, 2013
Gee-Tee wrote:
You know how upset I was when I found out the UHOP was evicting their members. One of the members said business is business. When it comes to the UHOP it should not be business. This fool (Daddys Good all The Time) thought he should laugh at someone paying Rent. This shows the mind set these Men have put into their members.
The young thinks paying Rent is something to laugh about. Yes your Church is responsible for your well being. Especially the UHOP because it has stripped you of your capabilities of thinking you should learn how too live first. For you to pick a handle like this one, giving a Man credit that can’t heal him self should make you question how is he good. How can Puffy pray for God to heal you, when he can’t get a prayer through for him self?
The UHOP has taken away its member’s good way of living, and then cast them aside when they can’t use them any more. Pay attention to the amount of people that is traveling this Convocation. They can’t afford Puffy Club and Travel expenses.
I said before I will post until I can’t post no more. I’m going to live up to Edmund Burke’s quotation “Evil prevails, when Good Men sit and do nothing.”
Thank you to those that are truly hearing the truth.
I say Welcome to Forward and All I can Say is Blessed, you know that old saying,“Music can soothe the savage beast” that’s the Bands
@Gee-Tee, Thank you!
FORWARD

Rockville, MD

#5820 Jul 31, 2013
All I can Say is Blessed wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I have always had questions concerning the HOP, but I was too infatuated by the bands and traditions to even act upon them. But a certain scandal really opened my eyes, and once I cracked open that bible it was over. I will be surprised if the HOP(as we know it) is still around in ten years.
Wow, I can understand that. There's been too many scandals for me to even name but I still continued to give the HOP the benefit of the doubt until I began to study the Bible and the HOP's foundation for myself. That alone helped me to realize that the issue (cultic) didn't just start with the current Bishop. However, it's been his attitude and tactics that have worked to open my eyes like never before.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#5821 Jul 31, 2013
Real Talk wrote:
.all yall ex members rather yall was brain wash, put under a spell or whatever once upon a time yall was in trouble and yall called onm Daffy
I know it's a typo but I just laughed so loud when I read this: "y'all called onm Daffy." Well ironically calling on Daddy to save us was just as useful as calling on Daffy LOL. Sorry family I have a crazy sense of humor.

@Real Talk sister I can't even go back at you sister. Let's just say it like this. GOD has mercy on whom he chooses. Even in our blind UHOP obedience to man he spared us and is currently doing the same in the UHOP right now. As the mighty @MSD commented early he has given us sign after sign after sign yet we continue to ignore.

I believe that you are sincere in your worship and belief in the almighty. However, the mind can't teach itself what it doesn't know and understand.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#5822 Jul 31, 2013
FORWARD wrote:
We were all once in elementary school, but did we stay there? No! We were elavated to one level after the other. There's a time for everything under the sun. There's a season and purpose for everything in Life. Romans 8:28 says that ALL things work together for the good of those that love the Lord.
You have to give respect in order to receive it. Sometimes I do have to be concious of what I think or say about him b/c at the end of the day it's still my responsibility to LOVE him & his followers. However, there's nothing spiritual about him and I stand strong on that belief. Eversince I read 1 Timothy 2:5 I've been set free. I'm not ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He's my saviour and none other. So why do I continue to talk about what I don't believe in? Because I feel that I'm a part of the ARMY that's rising to LIFT UP THE NAME OF JESUS and I want to share my experience and research with as many as I can (& there are many) who desire to be released from that demonic strong hold on their lives and spirit.
@FORWARD I comment you on taking a stand for Christ! 1 Timothy 2:5 speaks volumes and the sad thing is that you will NEVER hear that scripture along with many others that are contrary to the HOP teaching read by the bishop or any other preacher for that matter!
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#5823 Jul 31, 2013
FORWARD wrote:
Simply beautiful.......
Try Jesus

Los Angeles, CA

#5824 Jul 31, 2013
FORWARD wrote:
True statement. I was a UHOP member that didn't want to believe anything would ever happen to make me open my eyes. I loved the name Daddy and I believe everything would be solved when I called that name. But then I read Matthew 23:9, and it was Jesus speaking there. Now if Jesus said call no man your father upon this earth, then I had to obey Jesus the son God, the bright and morning star, the lily in the valley, the king of kings and my all in all. There is power in the name of Jesus.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#5825 Jul 31, 2013
Cultastic wrote:
<quoted text>
I know it's a typo but I just laughed so loud when I read this: "y'all called onm Daffy." Well ironically calling on Daddy to save us was just as useful as calling on Daffy LOL. Sorry family I have a crazy sense of humor.
@Real Talk sister I can't even go back at you sister. Let's just say it like this. GOD has mercy on whom he chooses. Even in our blind UHOP obedience to man he spared us and is currently doing the same in the UHOP right now. As the mighty @MSD commented early he has given us sign after sign after sign yet we continue to ignore.
I believe that you are sincere in your worship and belief in the almighty. However, the mind can't teach itself what it doesn't know and understand.
QUOTE who="Cultastic"]< quoted text>

@Cultastic you get a standing ovation for this one!!!!!!!!
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#5826 Jul 31, 2013
FORWARD wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, I can understand that. There's been too many scandals for me to even name but I still continued to give the HOP the benefit of the doubt until I began to study the Bible and the HOP's foundation for myself. That alone helped me to realize that the issue (cultic) didn't just start with the current Bishop. However, it's been his attitude and tactics that have worked to open my eyes like never before.
You said it best @Forward. I continue to say if you want to find out what's really going on start with the foundation. Don't go with the subjective side of the story presented by the UHOP. They only tell you what they want you to know. Find objective sources and you'll get a better view. Then you couple that information with sound biblical doctrine and the picture of the UHOP will be extremely clear.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#5827 Jul 31, 2013
Rom. 1:24 Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, 25 because the exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen.
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

#5828 Jul 31, 2013
FORWARD wrote:
<quoted text>
You took the words many use...it was Bailey's tactics that opened many of our eyes. Got To Be Careful! And he certainly was not. See the mess was established very tactfully by Grace. He was brilliant for the poor and suppressed, but Bailey is trying the same tactics without the charm and sweetness that Grace took advantage of; and Bailey is applying this evil tactic to a smarter generation of people, so his kingdom is falling. We can't count on it never going away as satan is here to stay as long as he can. His (satan) existence relies on lies so lies and deceit will never go away and there are people who will always conform to it. we have to understand that to understand life on earth with the battle that satan is putting on with God. We just know that the bishops can't tell most of us not to serve Jesus anymore without us researching the Bible about it. Guess what! God was never on vacation like Grace stated. Most people of this generation will not stand for those lies, but many will remain loyal to the deceit. Gods word tell us this.

Since: Nov 11

Chicago, IL

#5829 Jul 31, 2013
Real Talk wrote:
once upon a time yall was in trouble and yall called onm Daffy yall shouted on the floor spome in unknown tongue. Spit and slobberd...But now you want to act like you don't no where your help comes from..foolish.
I haven't beenon this cite in a minute, but this comment really cracks me up, only bc I've heard this type of comment so many times by so many of my HOP brothers and sisters....... "But Now you want to act like you don't know where your "HELP" comes from".

My friend, my question to you is....... what "Help" are YOU talking about the WE turned away from??? I don't know about YOU, but all of my Help has always come from the Lord Christ, regardless of where I attended. That being said, I have yet to read a comment on this site about anyone turning away from or denying Christ. Thus indicating that the "Help" that YOU are referring to, couldn't Possibly be referring to Christ. In Fact, the only conversations on this site, & the only thing we ex-members have turned away from is the UHOP organization and its Bishop & Bishopettes.

So I do ask again....... exactly what are YOU referring to when you say we have turned away and forgotten where our "Help" came from????
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#5830 Jul 31, 2013
Sincere But Wrong
by Stephen R. Bradd
I read an interesting story recently regarding a preacher, his teenage daughter, and a good friend of his who was also a preacher. These three had planned to take a missionary trip to Lithuania. They arrived at the airport and everything seemed to be going fine. But, then came the sad news--the passport of the preacher's daughter was expired! The group was in shock as they examined the returned passport. The father had mistakenly read the date improperly. "08 April 04" was the listed date of expiration. He had initially assumed that this meant the passport would expire on April 4, 2008. However, in actuality it had already expired April 8, 2004!
At first, he thought they could find a way for his daughter to come with them, but he soon learned the rules for international travel are very strict. There was no way that his daughter could leave the country without a valid passport, and it would not be possible for them to get her a new passport until next week.
I'm reminded of the Judgment Day when I consider a story such as this one. I wonder how many people are going to come up before the Lord's counter, expecting to get into heaven even though they are not truly prepared. Many feel they are right with God, but they make sincere yet big mistakes in their life's choices, expecting God to make an exception for them.
Jesus, as He neared the conclusion of His Sermon on the Mount, delivered some hard words relating to this theme - "Not everyone who says to Me,'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day,'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?' And then I will declare to them,'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'" (Matt. 7:21-23).
Jesus spoke the truth plainly, didn't He? It's not enough just to cry out, "Lord, Lord!" One must do the will of the heavenly Father if he hopes to be saved! These verses clearly disprove the notion of salvation by faith only, though many denominations teach such. One must obey the will of the heavenly Father to the best of his ability (cf. Luke 6:46)!
There are "many" (cf. Matt. 7:13) who will try to rationalize their way into heaven by listing certain accomplishments or acts of service, but it won't work. The problem ultimately is that the Lord doesn't know them! In spite of the fact that they have done some good deeds, they are guilty of practicing sinful behavior ("lawlessness")! They are not right before God in taking the broad path that leads to destruction. They feel that they deserve salvation for certain acts of service, even though they haven't genuinely been obedient.
Friends, there are many religious people who believe in Jesus and have the appearance of righteousness but will end up in hell, even though they feel they should not receive condemnation. Let it be understood that to prophesy, cast out demons, or do many wonders does not excuse one from obeying God's revealed will! As important as these actions may appear to man, to do these things does not necessarily mean that one is producing good fruit; to obey God is to produce good fruit!
Dear listeners, thankfully the passport mistake was temporary. Perhaps the daughter will have other opportunities for overseas mission work in the future. However, when one stands before God's throne in judgment, the stakes are of an eternal nature. Is your "heavenly passport" valid? Have you turned from sin, confessed faith in the Christ, and been baptized into His kingdom? You must if you don't want to miss the greatest trip of all--the one to heaven! Those who are sincere but wrong won't make it into the heavenly abode. Do everything within your power to ensure that you are not of that number! Believe and obey God's word today!
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

#5831 Jul 31, 2013
MSD wrote:
<quoted text>
@FORWARD I comment you on taking a stand for Christ! 1 Timothy 2:5 speaks volumes and the sad thing is that you will NEVER hear that scripture along with many others that are contrary to the HOP teaching read by the bishop or any other preacher for that matter!
What kills me is that some members will take this scripture and twist it to fit. But it it so simple and direct.

Chicago, IL

#5832 Jul 31, 2013
Real Talk wrote:
once upon a time yall was in trouble and yall called onm Daffy.
By the way @RealTalk, I don't ever remember calling on Daffy......... HOWEVER, I'm sure calling on Daffy, Donald, or any other member of the Looney tunes would have generated the same response as calling on YOUR Daddy!!!
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#5833 Jul 31, 2013
Romans 1:21-23

English Standard Version (ESV)

21 For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools, 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.

Chicago, IL

#5834 Jul 31, 2013
MSD wrote:
<quoted text>
QUOTE who="Cultastic"]< quoted text>
@Cultastic you get a standing ovation for this one!!!!!!!!
Sorry MSD, didn't notice that y already pointed that out Lol!!!
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#5835 Jul 31, 2013
SoundDoctrine wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry MSD, didn't notice that y already pointed that out Lol!!!
That's alright I enjoyed your response post too!!!!! We were all on the same page with that one!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min kent 670,354
News Pope discusses climate, immigrants in historic ... (Sep '15) Wed WelbyMD 47
News Where Is the Place for Devout Gay Families in t... (Oct '15) Feb 17 True Christian wi... 49
News Vatican will finance adult stem cell research (Apr '10) Feb 12 Pessimistic1 29
News Prayers To Mother Mary 'Cured Lung Cancer' (Jan '10) Feb 11 Phart Girlishly 323
News Pope sings on CD for charity (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Musically 31
News Woman Knocks Over Pope Benedict XVI At Christma... (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Athletically 165
More from around the web