United House of Prayer for All People...

United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

There are 10755 comments on the www.topix.net story from Apr 7, 2008, titled United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot.... In it, www.topix.net reports that:

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.topix.net.

Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#5634 Jul 18, 2013
Always remember the White Man taught us his way to Pray. When we got up off our knees in Africa, we had their Bible and the White Man had our Land. Black people should stand up and pray all the time, what difference dose it make how you pray as long as you are praying to God.
Gee-Tee

Brooklyn, NY

#5635 Jul 18, 2013
Question: Who makes the UHOP Products? Is it a White own company; do any UHOP members have a job there. How much profit does this company make?
Where is this Company located? Have anyone ever question what’s in some of them. Do these products really work? One thing for sure this company will never go out of business, thanks to the dedicated members buying these products.
Egyptology

United States

#5636 Jul 19, 2013
when i was young i always wonder why great musicians left the uhop.......and now i know why its because they are free from bondage. the funny thing is i use to here the preacher say those people better come back before the bridge collapse and now when i think about it, it was nothing but a scare tactic so nobody else wouldnt leave. the few guys i talk to that have left, their lives are great they at more peace and they truly love God and give God all the credit. scare tactics smh
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#5637 Jul 19, 2013
Egyptology wrote:
when i was young i always wonder why great musicians left the uhop.......and now i know why its because they are free from bondage. the funny thing is i use to here the preacher say those people better come back before the bridge collapse and now when i think about it, it was nothing but a scare tactic so nobody else wouldnt leave. the few guys i talk to that have left, their lives are great they at more peace and they truly love God and give God all the credit. scare tactics smh
Amen! That is all it is! Since I left I have been at such peace and I'm learning so much about the truth of God's word. Jesus said his yoke is easy and his burden is light! There is nothing light about the burden taught in the HOP.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#5638 Jul 19, 2013
Egyptology wrote:
I was told that a young make who was musically gifted was about to take off in his musical career and Bailey made him a elder/pastor. Now you know this was just to trap him from leaving the HOP. This man knew more about music than preaching. Now he's stuck preaching false doctrine for daddy.
Egyptology

United States

#5639 Jul 19, 2013
that is true when i heard that i was like noooooooooooooooooo now his income drop tremendously and last i had check he was still looking for a job i f i was him i would have said no that is not for me i need my money just like you need yours...........people use to tell me was i going to be a preacher literally i said no i seen what happen in my parents household that i truly disagree with, that is a trap im sorry im not giving up my money to preach the uhop gospel no no no. but if that dude use his brain he will give it up and go back out there to get his money. i mean really he got a degree in music so use it.
Eyes Wide Open

United States

#5640 Jul 19, 2013
Cultastic wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to pardon my creative sense of humor. Sometimes I'm a comedian in my mind LOL. In all honesty he should be ashamed at the religious crimes he's committing against his own people. I understand it though. It's so many people involved it's better to continue the lie than to tell the truth. Unfortunately, more of our bright black minds are being raised in this foolishness.
It gives me great joy when a young person can laugh at a Daddy joke and not tremble with fear that their head is going to pop off. Growing up I was terrified to laugh at anything about McCollough and Grace. We were afraid to throw away any UHOP literature. My dad had Sunday school books from decades when he left. The mental freedom of tossing those useless books in the trash with no guilt is amazing.
If you think that's harsh ask the leadership what they do with all the books they print that no one purchases LOL. Here's a better question, after McCollough passed away and Madison took over and upgraded all of those buildings what did they do with McCollough's blessed mercy seats?
^^^ THINK.....
What you are saying is so true. I accumulated so much stuff over the years. I have since, gathered up pics, pins, magazines and thrown them away. That cheap clock I got last year I broke and threw away. That return banner too. And I feel so at peace. For some reason since I've 'awakened' I feel like a burden has been lifted.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#5641 Jul 19, 2013
Eyes Wide Open wrote:
<quoted text>
What you are saying is so true. I accumulated so much stuff over the years. I have since, gathered up pics, pins, magazines and thrown them away. That cheap clock I got last year I broke and threw away. That return banner too. And I feel so at peace. For some reason since I've 'awakened' I feel like a burden has been lifted.
So very true! Once I've made up in my mind that the relationship I had with the HOP was over I too threw out everything having to do with it.
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#5642 Jul 19, 2013
Eyes Wide Open wrote:
<quoted text>
I may have told this story on this board before but I'll repeat it for a little morning humor. I live in UHOP apartments. As usual something is always broken in these buildings thanks to our slumlord management. Our storage/wash room flooded and the water went into my unit. We got the door open and all of the UHOP workers helped me take all of my stuff out to see how much damage was done. Long story short I keep my important papers and keepsakes like pictures in boxes. So as I'm going through boxes I get to the box of pictures. I take all of the pictures out and get to the bottom and the only pictures that were damaged were pictures of Madison, Dee, McCollough, and Grace (true story). The workers were mortified as they watched me toss them in the trash LOL. However, they knew not to confront me of all people about throwing them away. Even the ones that didn't get wet got tossed.

I know that's a little petty of me but I truly get tired of seeing my brothers and sisters being held mentally and spiritually captive to that financial cesspool of an organization..... The Bishop says y'all can kiss his Buffalo Butt every time he comes out there and complains that you're not giving him enough money. You're hair aint right. You're not wearing the right clothes. The list goes on and on. Finishes with a Howard Stern radio voice "Give GOD Everything". Then, he doesn't hesitate to put that bag in the car after he makes sure you know he's coming back for more. He blatantly disrespects our black sisters and brothers and then turns around and demands respect. He disguises his disrespect as him straightening you out for GOD. Who the ...... do you think you are seriously. I WISH I WOULD....
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#5643 Jul 19, 2013
I'm sorry for my last rant my people but nothing ruffles my feathers more than corrupt MEN in religion. In fairness Daddy is not the only one. I can give a long list of these men that use religion to enslave so many good people. However, I'm so outspoken about the UHOP because these are my people that I love dearly.

--All of the young men that call me big brother that I see going to the church in black in white dressed sharp, horn in hand that can't write a resume or construct a complete sentence in an interview.

--The little girls that run to me and call me Uncle, hug me and ask when I'm going to cook them dinner..... I watch them strut to churn putting on that maid uniform smiling proud not knowing the history of the countless women that wore that same uniform that were sexually pillaged by GOD's man that we've ignored and simply forgotten about.

--I have a family member barely walking around on a surgically repaired ankle that I watched hobbling around trying to sell fish dinners for Daddy. It nearly brought me to tears. I couldn't even go say hello to her because I was so hurt.

"Mental slavery is the worst form of slavery. It gives you the illusion of freedom, makes you trust love and defend your oppressor while making and enemy of those who are trying to free you or open your eyes."~~Author Unknown
Help

United States

#5644 Jul 19, 2013
@ EWO "cheap clock" My better half received one if those CHEAP @ZZ clocks too and I said "is that it" looks like it came straight from the Alley in LA. I use to be afraid to toss out hop magazines etc but not anymore because that stuff can't save me and neither can Clarence. When I are him heal his knee and toss out that huge ziplock bag full of pills he has to take then maybe I will "believe"
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#5645 Jul 19, 2013
Help wrote:
@ EWO "cheap clock" My better half received one if those CHEAP @ZZ clocks too and I said "is that it" looks like it came straight from the Alley in LA. I use to be afraid to toss out hop magazines etc but not anymore because that stuff can't save me and neither can Clarence. When I are him heal his knee and toss out that huge ziplock bag full of pills he has to take then maybe I will "believe"
WOW!
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

#5646 Jul 19, 2013
Help wrote:
@ Big Tiny are you a member? Iam but I don't digest everything that's said and done. Expensive chicken dinners? LOL It wasn't the Internet he said to stay off of. It was actually Facebook. Anyone with common sense knows its all about control and no it's not right. Some actually got off after that letter came out. One sister put on her page "I'm leaving Facebook because I respect my spiritual advisor" but its ok to drink, smoke, lay up, etc. as long as you're on daddy's club because I KNOW this sister.
Keep coming with the truth, Help. Many don't see this perspective.
Help

United States

#5647 Jul 19, 2013
Please excuse my errors everyone. I'm doing this while at my desk from my phone while watching my back
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#5648 Jul 19, 2013
I wanted to share a daily lesson I was reading just now. Since the HOP is patterned are the Catholic Church I thought this would be fitting. This whole selling of indulgences the Catholics do reminds me of the G-class program.

----------
I often spend time each morning trying to stay somewhat up-to-date regarding world news. One headline from CBS caught my attention today. It was about the Pope offering indulgences to Twitter followers of his social media account.
I thought to myself: "Indulgences in 2013? I thought they did away with those a long time ago." It turns out I was mistaken about that. It is true that they stopped selling indulgences back in 1567, but the long-running tradition of indulgences is still around--and evolving.
Since not all Catholics can afford to travel to Brazil for World Youth Day next week, Pope Francis will offer an indulgence for those who follow the events online via Twitter. This news floods my mind with questions:
•What about those who can't follow on Twitter due to account problems or poverty?
•What exactly will this indulgence do for a Catholic?
•By what authority does the Pope offer indulgences?
After some additional research, my mind was put at ease regarding my first question. The Twitter offer is just one of many ways a Catholic could earn an indulgence next week.
My second question was answered later on in the CBS article: "Under Catholic belief, after confessing and being absolved of sin, the indulgences granted reduce the amount of time one spends in purgatory, where one's sins are weighed after death. Under the Pope's new offer, those who follow the week's events on the Twitter feed can get a speedier transit through purgatory, hopefully on the way to heaven" [emp. added, SRB].
Fascinating, but where can I read about any of this in the Bible?
Patrick Hornbeck, a department chair in Theology at the University of Fordham in New York, was quoted as further explaining: "The notion of indulgence is that you've already been forgiven for your sin, because you've gone to confession, at least in theory, but what it does is reduce the amount of time you have to spend in purgatory after you die to work off that sin" [emp. added, SRB].
Purgatory? Working off sin? Have I missed these concepts in Scripture all these years?
The Catholic Church claims indulgences were never meant to forgive sins, but they acknowledge severe abuses of the system in the late Middle Ages. Indulgences were sold to fund expensive projects and promises were made of perpetual happiness in this world and eternal glory in the next. Indulgences were one of the reasons Martin Luther rebelled against the Catholic Church. It pains my heart to read about these things of the past and present because I know many have been and will be deceived!
The Pope has close to three million followers on Twitter, and this announcement from the Vatican is surely to increase that number. Why bring this up today, Stephen? To attempt to educate folks in a small way. Perhaps a sincere Catholic will stumble upon this article and be challenged to think for herself. Perhaps you will use this opportunity to speak with your Catholic friends about the difference between man-made religion and New Testament Christianity. It grieves my soul to think about millions of people blindly following a man who does not teach the truth of God's word!
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#5649 Jul 19, 2013
I couldn't fit it all here is the end of the article.

Consider some relevant passages from the inspired word of God on the topics mentioned above:
•Hebrews 9:27 - "And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment." After death comes the judgment, not Purgatory. There is no indication in God's word that one can "work off sins" after death (or before death, for that matter).
•Ephesians 2:8,9 - "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast." It is true that God requires obedience to Jesus (not the Pope, cf. Heb. 5:8,9), but this is to prove that our faith is real, not to "earn salvation" or "work off sins".
•I John 4:1 - "Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world." Friends, we must test all things Biblically and hold fast what is good (cf. Acts 17:11; I Thess. 5:21,22). A man-made religion is neither Biblical nor good (cf. Matt. 15:13).
•And finally, Galatians 1:8, where the apostle Paul declared - "But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed." Even if one views the Pope as an angel, we must ask: Is he preaching a different gospel than the apostles did? Did the apostles teach about indulgences, purgatory, working off sins, etc.? They did not. As long as the Pope and the Catholic Church proclaim a different gospel than the one that has been revealed by the apostles, they are under God's curse.

"He who has ears to hear, let him hear!" (Matt. 13:9).
abc

United States

#5650 Jul 19, 2013
@Help, how about i got the necklace took it to pawn shop, 15 dollars is all its worth, 9 floors and thats what i got, well this year no floors and the lord still blessing me, it dont cause any money to getting a blessing from the lord.
Eyes Wide Open

United States

#5651 Jul 19, 2013
MSD wrote:
My second question was answered later on in the CBS article: "Under Catholic belief, after confessing and being absolved of sin, the indulgences granted reduce the amount of time one spends in purgatory, where one's sins are weighed after death. Under the Pope's new offer, those who follow the week's events on the Twitter feed can get a speedier transit through purgatory, hopefully on the way to heaven" [emp. added, SRB].
Fascinating, but where can I read about any of this in the Bible?
Patrick Hornbeck, a department chair in Theology at the University of Fordham in New York, was quoted as further explaining: "The notion of indulgence is that you've already been forgiven for your sin, because you've gone to confession, at least in theory, but what it does is reduce the amount of time you have to spend in purgatory after you die to work off that sin" [emp. added, SRB].
Purgatory? Working off sin? Have I missed these concepts in Scripture all these years?
The Catholic Church claims indulgences were never meant to forgive sins, but they acknowledge severe abuses of the system in the late Middle Ages. Indulgences were sold to fund expensive projects and promises were made of perpetual happiness in this world and eternal glory in the next. Indulgences were one of the reasons Martin Luther rebelled against the Catholic Church. It pains my heart to read about these things of the past and present because I know many have been and will be deceived!
You know from reading this, I can see how people must have and still do look at UHOP folk when they start talking their nonsense. I'm reading this and scratching my head...'weighing sin','getting a speedier transit through purgatory if you follow the event on Twitter', buying indulgences to fund projects'??? WHAT IN THE WORLD?? These man-made religions...SMH. And actually have people following this mess and beliving in it!! Crazy.
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

#5652 Jul 19, 2013
Hi all!!! Does anybody need any pins with human beings on them, cocoa butter, or oil? If so, I'm selling them! ONE DOLLAR EACH! Get them while I still have them. You don't wanna wait too long!!! Buy three and get a chicken wing for free!
Eyes on Christ

Columbia, SC

#5653 Jul 19, 2013
Eyes on Christ wrote:
Hi all!!! Does anybody need any pins with human beings on them, cocoa butter, or oil? If so, I'm selling them! ONE DOLLAR EACH! Get them while I still have them. You don't wanna wait too long!!! Buy three and get a chicken wing for free!
Just a little humor for a Friday afternoon.

I use to be a big fan of the "Grace" products as I grew up rubbing myself down with them, and would drink the oil in hot teas and soup. My grandparents instructed us of this. I also was one that kept all my literature. My parents use to make us take the literature and box them. Nothing of the HOP was ever thrown out in our house when we were children. I kept this practice as an adult. I kept Sunday School books that I had to pay for which did not offer anything but a copy/paste from the Bible. Why even pay for a HOP Sunday School book if its the same scriptures as the Bible?? Just weird things I've done. I kept everything. But I threw it all out at the end of last year cleaning out papers for the new year. It felt amazing! Now, you can't find a picture hanging on the wall. It was all idolatry, and I didn't know it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr AnthonyMN 699,319
News Pope writes Chile's bishops after receiving sex... Apr 12 Wisdom of Ages 1
News Vatican nixes former Irish president from Women... Apr 5 dubiecatholicarch... 3
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Apr 5 helpful links 40
News 'Hell does not exist,' says Pope Francis Apr 5 thepopeonthetwit 3
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... (Aug '17) Feb '18 C Kersey 3
News Vatican mulls putting end to limbo (Apr '07) Feb '18 Leary 43