United House of Prayer for All People...

United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

There are 10239 comments on the www.topix.net story from Apr 7, 2008, titled United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot.... In it, www.topix.net reports that:

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.topix.net.

MSD

Charlotte, NC

#5594 Jul 17, 2013
Helped By This Column wrote:
<quoted text>
I joined because my husband is more of a devout member than I. I was attending a different church, but I didn't feel right with us getting up Sunday mornings and going in different directions for church service. I only attend because of him.
I understand that and you are right for morally doing that for the bible says in Mark 3:25 "And if a house is divided against itself that house will not be able to stand."

But when you are both in error you must seek the truth to bring you out. That is why you are feeling the way you are, you see something is wrong. I too was in the same situation and the end result was that me and my spouse departed ways. They were more for the HOP than for Christ and I was the opposite.

Jesus said in Matt 10:36-38 "And a person's enemies will be those of his own household. 37 Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is no worthy of me. 38 And whoever does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me."

This is so true because me and my spouse seem to become enemies once I chose to leave the HOP. I have no regrets that I chose Christ over daddy! I pray for you that your spouse will be more understanding, if not you must follow Christ no matter what.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#5595 Jul 17, 2013
Help wrote:
Good morning to all.
Good morning "Help"!
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#5596 Jul 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Do you still participate in G-Class? I even bought the brick when we were on Pegram Street. They pestered me and my husband about what to put on the brick. Mine should have read "To God Be the Glory", but they only put my name on it (same on my husband's.) I guess if I would have said, To Daddy Be the Glory, maybe they would have inscribed it. Doesn't matter, I know the glory goes to God! It took years before they even erected the bricks. I don't know what they delay was about; we were never told. It was just another ploy to extract money from our pockets. I'm definitely over all that now.
No I don't participate in G-class or no class for that manner (LOL) for I have been out of the HOP for 2 years now.

They always seem to come up with a gimmick to extract money from people.
Anonymous

Charlotte, NC

#5597 Jul 17, 2013
MSD wrote:
<quoted text>
No I don't participate in G-class or no class for that manner (LOL) for I have been out of the HOP for 2 years now.
They always seem to come up with a gimmick to extract money from people.
I know...the gimmicks! Year before last, it was the $250 and $100 cheap towels; in addition to G-Class, of course. Then, suddenly last year and this year, it's the $2,000 Daddy's Club. Who knows what's next! Whatever it is, I'm pretty sure I won't be participating.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#5598 Jul 17, 2013
<quoted text>
I know...the gimmicks! Year before last, it was the $250 and $100 cheap towels; in addition to G-Class, of course. Then, suddenly last year and this year, it's the $2,000 Daddy's Club. Who knows what's next! Whatever it is, I'm pretty sure I won't be participating.
G-class and daddy's club are the same thing to me they just found a way to raise the amount. The members think it's such a blessing to be on his club because he stamped his name on it. o_O *blank stare*
Help

United States

#5599 Jul 17, 2013
"What's on your plate? " whose project is that? Anyone? Anyone? Apos Arbertha and those rediculous plates and only gives testimonies during his revivals or talk about sleeping around. But back in the day use to do very good landscaping especially for the woman's house he use to reside at during the week of a certain convocation stop. He now brags about his wife traveling with him. Clown!
Anonymous

Charlotte, NC

#5600 Jul 17, 2013
Help wrote:
"What's on your plate? " whose project is that? Anyone? Anyone? Apos Arbertha and those rediculous plates and only gives testimonies during his revivals or talk about sleeping around. But back in the day use to do very good landscaping especially for the woman's house he use to reside at during the week of a certain convocation stop. He now brags about his wife traveling with him. Clown!
Clown...lol!
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#5601 Jul 17, 2013
Help wrote:
Plates??? What house is this gimmick out of?
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#5602 Jul 17, 2013
Interesting read, judge for yourself

How Do I Recognize A Cult?

Practically every cult has certain characteristics that can tell the careful observer that something is wrong.

For instance, what does a group think about Jesus? Jesus Christ is God, Lord of all, the only source of salvation. Invariably, a cult will put something else on an equal footing with Christ. It will have a ritual that is equal to Christ, or it will have a doctrine equal to Christ, or it will have a leader who is equal to Christ. In other words, even if it acknowledges Christ as Savior, it will say that you need something else before you can get into heaven. Cults teach that salvation comes through Christ, plus their little unique way. Some cults do not acknowledge Christ at all. They may make Him coequal with their religious teachers or with certain great men of history. The quickest way to recognize a cult is by its treatment of Jesus.

Second, cults frequently attempt to instill fear into their followers. The followers are taught constantly that salvation comes only through the cult. "If you leave us, you will lose your salvation," they say.

The third area has to do with the exaltation of the leader of the cult. Cults often center around a man or woman who is trying to gain power, money, or influence from manipulating people. This appears to be the case in the Unification church with Sun Myung Moon. In the Children of God, Moses David Berg is an autocratic leader. In the People's Temple, Jim Jones drew attention to himself and asked his followers to die with him. A true leader who serves Jesus Christ has one goal, and that is to exalt and manifest Jesus. When someone says he has unique insight into God or is the special one that God has anointed to reach the world, you are dealing with cultic behavior.

A final mark of a cult is the unwillingness of the leaders to let the people grow up. A true shepherd will do everything he can to bring Christian people to maturity as quickly as he can. He will not seek to avoid necessary teaching, nor will he try to keep people from maturity. Many cults perpetuate spiritual dependence so that their followers lose the ability to make independent, rational decisions. Often techniques of brainwashing are used to create robot-like behavior.
Although there are other marks of cultic behavior, these seem to be the ones that stand out.
Help

United States

#5603 Jul 17, 2013
@MSD Arbertha implemented that program and takes it to every house he visits I trick you I mean boosts te Gclass. You pay $50 bucks on average for a plate and they call your name and u run down to the front to get your plate. EX: Sis Maebelle Jenkins 4 plates,(crown yells and claps while your ignorant behind gets freakin foam plate from him) then he along with the crowd yells "WHAT'S ON YOUR PLATE" then you call out the numbers written on the plate while all excited like at the announcements then sit down and they call the next idiot I mean person. SMH !!!!
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#5604 Jul 17, 2013
Help wrote:
@MSD Arbertha implemented that program and takes it to every house he visits I trick you I mean boosts te Gclass. You pay $50 bucks on average for a plate and they call your name and u run down to the front to get your plate. EX: Sis Maebelle Jenkins 4 plates,(crown yells and claps while your ignorant behind gets freakin foam plate from him) then he along with the crowd yells "WHAT'S ON YOUR PLATE" then you call out the numbers written on the plate while all excited like at the announcements then sit down and they call the next idiot I mean person. SMH !!!!
OMGOODNESS! Could they at least give you a real plate....LOL!!!!
Gee-Tee

Staten Island, NY

#5605 Jul 17, 2013
For the new comers on this board, I don’t know how far back you have read my post, but I posted this
UHOP Annual Revenue $ 8,800,000.00

http://www.dandb.com/businessdirectory/united...

for a church to net Billions of dollars yearly and still feel the need to continue to beg yet give no Moral or Financial help to the people they are robbing say a lot about that Church.

If and when you have extra money in your pockets, you should throw it into the streets before you should ever think of giving another dime to the UHOP.

In 1953 Grace paid 72,000 for a Mansion in Montclair, New Jersey an all white neighborhood; Grace paid 4,000,000 for a 34 story Apartment building on Central Park West in New York City that rented to Whites Only. In 1958 Grace paid 450,000,000 for an 85 room Mansion in Berkeley Square section Los Angeles, California and paid 17,000 for a piano; 230,000 for Oriental rugs to go in it. This was a man that came from one of the poorest parts of Portugal and worked as a railroad bus boy until he foundered the UHOP.

Now ask your self if you add up all the money your family have given to these so call Men of God, how many Mansion could you have own. Now ask yourself do you need to continue to give money too a church that thinks they should rob its people blind and when they fall on hard times they add insults to injury by evicting them.

With all the poor people in the UHOP should they be holding on to your hard earn Money. They give nothing back to the people they rob. they just bought a new Bus, yet bus trips to travel during Convocation has been cancel because the members cant afford Puffy’s Club and Travel expenses.
Eyes on Christ

United States

#5606 Jul 17, 2013
Gee-Tee wrote:
For the new comers on this board, I don’t know how far back you have read my post, but I posted this
for a church to net Billions of dollars yearly and still feel the need to continue to beg yet give no Moral or Financial help to the people they are robbing say a lot about that Church.
If and when you have extra money in your pockets, you should throw it into the streets before you should ever think of giving another dime to the UHOP.
In 1953 Grace paid 72,000 for a Mansion in Montclair, New Jersey an all white neighborhood; Grace paid 4,000,000 for a 34 story Apartment building on Central Park West in New York City that rented to Whites Only. In 1958 Grace paid 450,000,000 for an 85 room Mansion in Berkeley Square section Los Angeles, California and paid 17,000 for a piano; 230,000 for Oriental rugs to go in it. This was a man that came from one of the poorest parts of Portugal and worked as a railroad bus boy until he foundered the UHOP.
Now ask your self if you add up all the money your family have given to these so call Men of God, how many Mansion could you have own. Now ask yourself do you need to continue to give money too a church that thinks they should rob its people blind and when they fall on hard times they add insults to injury by evicting them.
With all the poor people in the UHOP should they be holding on to your hard earn Money. They give nothing back to the people they rob. they just bought a new Bus, yet bus trips to travel during Convocation has been cancel because the members cant afford Puffy’s Club and Travel expenses.
Did you say bus trips were cancelled for this convocation?
Gee-Tee

Staten Island, NY

#5607 Jul 17, 2013
Eyes on Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you say bus trips were cancelled for this convocation?
Savannah cancel there's, lets see whose next
Help

United States

#5608 Jul 18, 2013
Good morning! listen to this The other night during service in our small chapel one of the band guys who rarely gets on the program sang then played his horn. One of his fellow members was filming this on his phone from the door. One of the kingdoms Top Flight security told home he can't do that. I was sitting near and asked him doesn't that only apply to when DB is here? He said " no, you can't film anytime" I ask was he sure and he replied "yes" we grew up together so there was no tension there. I just wanted clarification. I asked him why and he replied "copyright" sooooo I asked him what's his opinion on it. The idiot replied "when it comes to daddy bailey I don't have an opinion" Thats a true hypocrite for sure. Everyone is not going to agree to everything every time as we all were not meant to agree.
You all know this but an opinion is neither right or wrong it's just that , an opinion! Folks think if you voice yours you will be stoned to death. Now that's control. It's dead wrong though . I ended the convo when he said that
Cultastic

Washington, DC

#5609 Jul 18, 2013
Help wrote:
Good morning! listen to this The other night during service in our small chapel one of the band guys who rarely gets on the program sang then played his horn. One of his fellow members was filming this on his phone from the door. One of the kingdoms Top Flight security told home he can't do that. I was sitting near and asked him doesn't that only apply to when DB is here? He said " no, you can't film anytime" I ask was he sure and he replied "yes" we grew up together so there was no tension there. I just wanted clarification. I asked him why and he replied "copyright" sooooo I asked him what's his opinion on it. The idiot replied "when it comes to daddy bailey I don't have an opinion" Thats a true hypocrite for sure. Everyone is not going to agree to everything every time as we all were not meant to agree.
You all know this but an opinion is neither right or wrong it's just that , an opinion! Folks think if you voice yours you will be stoned to death. Now that's control. It's dead wrong though . I ended the convo when he said that
Dearest brother @Help the next time you see that brother ask him what copyright infringement is and how was it violated? Don't ask him his opinion just ask him if he knows what it is.

This story just really made me sick to my stomach. They are playing on the ignorance of the members and using fear all the while claiming GOD. The brother definitely wasn't breaking any law by filming the service. Of course he couldn't sell it but that's another story. Secondly, if he wouldn't have stopped recording and the security dude would have assaulted him to get him to stop he would have been facing possible criminal charges. They believe they are protecting "right" but they are really there to protect Daddy's "wrong". He wants absolutely NO proof recorded.

I have a big shoebox full of cassette tapes, CDs, etc. of services that I recorded. In fact up until recently it was common practice for folks to record the services. If you guys want to understand what's really going on think logically. The bottom line is they want no paper trail when it comes to the money and secondly they want no proof of their lies and false doctrines being public.

Even if GOD did have a house on earth he would never reside in a place like the UHOP.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#5610 Jul 18, 2013
Help wrote:
He might as well said "When it comes to DB I don't have a brain!"

Straight up ridiculous! Meantime Youtube is full of HOP videos.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#5611 Jul 18, 2013
I can't even listen to the bands anymore it just sounds like noisy pots and pans!
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#5612 Jul 18, 2013
Gee-Tee wrote:
Grace's actions are the result of a man who was not used to having money. He just threw the peoples money away. Those poor people could have lived in those houses.
Married n2 UHOP

Lake Worth, FL

#5613 Jul 18, 2013
Very good information n I'm sharing this blog. I'm so glad I never got caught up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr confrinting with ... 658,504
News The untold story of Queen Elizabeth I and Islam Sun Full Muslim stupid 13
News Cardinal tipped to be the next Pope warns of an... Sep 20 Looking down our ... 25
News Catholic schools being closed at alarming rate (Apr '08) Sep 11 Jeremy 158
News The Latest: Walesa misses papal Mass, blames la... Sep 10 Ste 1
News Mother Teresa declared saint by Pope Francis Sep 8 South Knox Hombre 6
News 'Unlikely that Pope Francis will go to Pristina' Sep 8 CCCC 1
More from around the web