United House of Prayer for All People...

United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot...

There are 10208 comments on the www.topix.net story from Apr 7, 2008, titled United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's body in Charlot.... In it, www.topix.net reports that:

The body of Bishop S.C. 'Sweet Daddy' Madison -- only the third leader in the 89-year-history of the United House of Prayer for All People -- will lie in state Thursday night at the denomination's palatial N.C. ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.topix.net.

Gee-Tee

Staten Island, NY

#5574 Jul 16, 2013
What bothers me about the UHOP saying,“The UHOP is right it’s the people” no one thought the mind set of the people should be change too making the people right.“The UHOP is for all people” if you are bringing in all people shouldn’t you at least be trying to change their wicked ways.

Like I said when you really stop and think about all the UHOP cliques, they really don’t make sense. This is supposed to be a Church, preparing its people to meet their maker.“Do as I say do, not as I do”, what happen to following the perfect man.

UHOP member’s brains have been on a freeze mode for so long allowing a man to do their thinking they can’t think for themselves.

If the UHOP was lead by a man God sent, these men would not demand so many ungodly things. How dose robbing the people so that you can live well is what God wants.

You are so right Cultastic, it doesn’t matter who they put in that seat. As long as they continue to place Man above God, the UHOP will not change.
As long as the UHOP members are taught they are not deserving of Gods blessing, but Puffy is they will not change. If Puffy can buy a shirt for 8 dollars, why can’t his members buy one for 4? By him stripping those of all their monies the doors to create a better life for themselves will be closed. They are living from day to day now and will get old and live the same.

Why God would put us on this earth if he didn’t want us to live.
Helped By This Column

Charlotte, NC

#5575 Jul 16, 2013
I'm so glad you more knowledgable ex-HOP members are here with the truth. It really frees my mind, and let's me I'm not wrong about a lot of things going on in the UHOP. I do still attend with my husband, but we have 2 different attitudes. I can now sit and smile about the money carry on and how we gotta support Daddy, etc. Which brings me to yesterday, after service, I was approached by a lady who just told me I'm on her team for the Sista Power movement (in other words, I should pay her my $2,000.) She caught me off guard. I snapped, "I ain't on no team, and I'm not giving no $2,000." I told her I'm not feeling the money thing anymore. She was taken aback by my answer. She then asked if I would at least be paying for 1 floor. I said I doubt it. Again, I'm not feeling the money thing. She then actually said well "we" would be in battle to purchase a new roof, because the roof is leaking. I told her I'm not buying a roof for any house buy my own. So now, do you mean to tell me the UHOP doesn't have insurance on the roof of a church built less than 10 years ago? They expect people to believe anything.

Thanks for opening my eyes. Please continue to enlighten us. I'm sure there are new readers here everyday. This sight is a blessing!
Egyptology

Concord, CA

#5576 Jul 16, 2013
@ helped by this column......welcome welcome welcome, God is opening up your eyes i still attend as well but im not as active as i use to be......when you really pay attention you will really be in shock, may God guide you in path of where you need to go, growth,spirituality, understanding every aspect
Help

United States

#5577 Jul 16, 2013
@helped by this column.welcome and how long have you been reading this blog if I may ask. Sister power? LOL Allow I explain what that is and how it came about without falling from my seat laughing. Earlier this year in Charlotte a small group of sisters stood before DB to let him know of the Women's Empowerment Conference tht was held and they invited the two First Ladies to come to the next one in June. DB asked their purpose and a very articulate and professional young lady stated to empower and unify the sisters. He flipped their program all the way around. "You need to get united in The Lord and get on daddy's club an when I come back Father's Day, I will come" ( to the next conference) Aftwr that the Sister Power Comittee was formed and they went to each house holding Gclass pot raffles. Like $100 to $200 on somebody's name would make a huge impact anyway. SMH. So I assume they're carrying this mess te while year. The big goal is to get victory. LOL Now Sunday Father's Day Big Willie (Howell) gave the usual speech and DB. "I enjoyed my stay but only one problem. There was over 100 sisters and only 37 brothers on daddy's club" and he said other things too like he wants to see two scrolls when he comes back one for the brothers and one for the sisters text etc
TRUTH AND DARE

Brooklyn, NY

#5578 Jul 16, 2013
IF BISHOP BAILEY TELLS THEM THE WORLD IS COMING TO END AND HE DOES A JIM JONES SUICIDE MISSION,YOU THINK THEY WOULD FOLLOW? IS HE THAT STRONG!
Try Jesus

Phoenix, AZ

#5579 Jul 16, 2013
TRUTH AND DARE wrote:
IF BISHOP BAILEY TELLS THEM THE WORLD IS COMING TO END AND HE DOES A JIM JONES SUICIDE MISSION,YOU THINK THEY WOULD FOLLOW? IS HE THAT STRONG!
I'm back! Most of the members feel something is wrong in the UHOP and the main problem is Bailey. I was around a few members and all of them said there is a problem but they will not admitt it's Bailey. He has purchased his mother and his kids homes form the money given to him. But if you get behind on your rent, they will put you out. This was a mean pastor for many years and now he is the leader. I'm so happy because he is causing so many members to really take a look at the situation and turn to God.
Eyes on Christ

United States

#5580 Jul 16, 2013
TRUTH AND DARE wrote:
Dont doubt it.
Eyes on Christ

United States

#5581 Jul 16, 2013
Help wrote:
@helped by this column.welcome and how long have you been reading this blog if I may ask. Sister power? LOL Allow I explain what that is and how it came about without falling from my seat laughing. Earlier this year in Charlotte a small group of sisters stood before DB to let him know of the Women's Empowerment Conference tht was held and they invited the two First Ladies to come to the next one in June. DB asked their purpose and a very articulate and professional young lady stated to empower and unify the sisters. He flipped their program all the way around. "You need to get united in The Lord and get on daddy's club an when I come back Father's Day, I will come" ( to the next conference) Aftwr that the Sister Power Comittee was formed and they went to each house holding Gclass pot raffles. Like $100 to $200 on somebody's name would make a huge impact anyway. SMH. So I assume they're carrying this mess te while year. The big goal is to get victory. LOL Now Sunday Father's Day Big Willie (Howell) gave the usual speech and DB. "I enjoyed my stay but only one problem. There was over 100 sisters and only 37 brothers on daddy's club" and he said other things too like he wants to see two scrolls when he comes back one for the brothers and one for the sisters text etc
37 on DADDYS CLUB, AND HE LEAVES WITH IT IN BROWN PAPER BAGS.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#5582 Jul 17, 2013
Help wrote:
Are you serious 137.00 x 2,000.00 = 274,000.00 and he's not satisfied, how ungrateful he doesn't deserve a dime!!!! I say that because we KNOW that money isn't being used to glorify God nor help His people!
Helped By This Column

Charlotte, NC

#5583 Jul 17, 2013
Help wrote:
I've been reading this column now for about 2 months. I don't even know how I stumbled upon it. Nobody told me about this website, but I've told other people. I've always been a little skeptical, but I attend with my husband, who is way more enthusiastic than I. This is a blessing.
Egyptology

United States

#5584 Jul 17, 2013
Help wrote:
i was there when he flip that sis. conference i couldnt believe it. this organization could of had something that was meaningful to helping our black sisters. my wife went to the first one and she enjoyed it they had outside speakers on different subject and it wasnt about the hop, but when he flip that i had to walk out and my wife was so upset i had to calm her down. so its all about the money and prostitutes instead of empowerment of improving of our young and mature black sisters
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#5585 Jul 17, 2013
Helped By This Column wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been reading this column now for about 2 months. I don't even know how I stumbled upon it. Nobody told me about this website, but I've told other people. I've always been a little skeptical, but I attend with my husband, who is way more enthusiastic than I. This is a blessing.
How long have you've been a member??
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#5586 Jul 17, 2013
Egyptology wrote:
<quoted text>
i was there when he flip that sis. conference i couldnt believe it. this organization could of had something that was meaningful to helping our black sisters. my wife went to the first one and she enjoyed it they had outside speakers on different subject and it wasnt about the hop, but when he flip that i had to walk out and my wife was so upset i had to calm her down. so its all about the money and prostitutes instead of empowerment of improving of our young and mature black sisters
He wants to keep everyone in the dark PERIOD! I'm surprised he let's the members hold jobs outside the HOP.
Helped By This Column

Charlotte, NC

#5587 Jul 17, 2013
MSD wrote:
<quoted text>
How long have you've been a member??
I'd say about 3-4 years. I used to be concerned about the G-Class and all that, but now, not so much.
Helped By This Column

Charlotte, NC

#5588 Jul 17, 2013
Well, actually, I've been a member longer that 3-4 years. I became a member when North Charlotte was still on Pegram Street.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#5589 Jul 17, 2013
Well, actually, I've been a member longer that 3-4 years. I became a member when North Charlotte was still on Pegram Street.
I was just asking because it just makes me wonder what makes people join that weren't born and raised in it. I too wasn't born and raised and I left after 15 years.
MSD

Charlotte, NC

#5590 Jul 17, 2013
<quoted text>
I'd say about 3-4 years. I used to be concerned about the G-Class and all that, but now, not so much.
I participated in the g-class to the best of my ability but I didn't see it as a heaven or hell issue like the teach you to believe.
Helped By This Column

Charlotte, NC

#5591 Jul 17, 2013
MSD wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just asking because it just makes me wonder what makes people join that weren't born and raised in it. I too wasn't born and raised and I left after 15 years.
I joined because my husband is more of a devout member than I. I was attending a different church, but I didn't feel right with us getting up Sunday mornings and going in different directions for church service. I only attend because of him.
Helped By This Column

Charlotte, NC

#5592 Jul 17, 2013
MSD wrote:
<quoted text>
I participated in the g-class to the best of my ability but I didn't see it as a heaven or hell issue like the teach you to believe.
Do you still participate in G-Class? I even bought the brick when we were on Pegram Street. They pestered me and my husband about what to put on the brick. Mine should have read "To God Be the Glory", but they only put my name on it (same on my husband's.) I guess if I would have said, To Daddy Be the Glory, maybe they would have inscribed it. Doesn't matter, I know the glory goes to God! It took years before they even erected the bricks. I don't know what they delay was about; we were never told. It was just another ploy to extract money from our pockets. I'm definitely over all that now.
Help

United States

#5593 Jul 17, 2013
Good morning to all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 31 min Anthony MN 654,377
News Pope Francis wades into transgender debate, lam... Aug 24 South Knox Hombre 2
News Pope Francis' Remarks Disappoint Gay and Transg... Aug 4 Leon 2
News The Pope s War Aug 2 The Proclaimer 1
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Aug 1 Bob 1
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' (Feb '16) Jul '16 make Donald Drump... 47
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul '16 Crusader 4
More from around the web